Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: What is going on with Sebastian Vettel

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Nope he does the best winning 54 wins speaks for themself. Keep hating as nobody is even taking you serious. Alonso was a guy that make mistakes in critical moments and also his ego cost him some titles. He was the arrogant drama Queen.
    Alo almost got Ferrari 2 wdc’s......all because of his talent, what did Vet get? Nothing but ballerina spins....absolutely pathetic

Alo>then Seb....any day of the week

I’m a Ferrari fan first and foremost....I don’t care who drives for Ferrari, I don’t have a preference so long as they bring as many points to win the WCC.....that’s what counts for me the most

Sebs days are numbered as he can’t race worth $#@&....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I have a question for every fan here. What would have happened if Hamilton drove for Ferrari and Vettel for Mercedes last championship? Would you think Ham would have won the championship? I do

Quote Originally Posted by alfa84 View Post
    I have a question for every fan here. What would have happened if Hamilton drove for Ferrari and Vettel for Mercedes last championship? Would you think Ham would have won the championship? I do
    You mean in 2018?? If so then the anis absolutely YES.....I don’t think Hamilton would have have made those rookie mistakes like Seb did in 2018...

Ferrari had a good enough car in 2018 and I think that if Hamilton would have drove for us last year he would have won the WDC....then agiain that is just my opinion, I,m sure the many Seb fanboys here would think something different
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I don't. Whenever being put under pressure Hammy starts making insane errors. Austria, Germany and Brazil this year comes to mind. Without those extra tenths in the bank he'd be nothing, just like 2010-13 when compared to Alonso.

Alonso is the one driver who probably would've won in last year's and 2017's Ferrari. Now that he's been out of the sport and he's closing on 40, that ship will have sailed, however. Leclerc with his current experience will be a serious contender if the 2020 car is anything like 2017 or 2018 though.

Its easy there is a difference between being a Ferrari driver and Mercedes. In Ferrari pressure is much higher, I think Hamilton would break as Seb. Seb with total support would win the title for Mercedes in 2017 and 2018. As we saw what has he done in a strong RBR.

There are lots of If’s in that. Can’t be sure that he can win. But title challenge would have been close till last race.
    Ham doesn’t makes mistakes becoz he’s cautious on when to attack & defend. Team behind him is super. Occasionally they make errors in their judgement.
    Where as vettel is impatient, on wheel to wheel actions he’s absolutely nervous. Makes mistakes. But if he’s in the lead he’s unstoppable. He handles his calls instead of team.

2018 Ferrari car 1st Half is very good, but they lost development in the 2nd half. But still could have made the racing strong till final race. It’s just my opinion as a F1 fan.
    Last edited by nani_s23; 30th November 2019 at 15:14.

Thats the point. We need the best driver to make sure we give it all. Thats how Ferrari did it in the past. I have nothing against Vettel, but he cannot beat himself. I dont believe he will ever give us a title. At the moment he lost even integrity, playing dirty, denying going against Leclerc last race. So enough bullshits, we need result

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Its easy there is a difference between being a Ferrari driver and Mercedes. In Ferrari pressure is much higher, I think Hamilton would break as Seb. Seb with total support would win the title for Mercedes in 2017 and 2018. As we saw what has he done in a strong RBR.
    Seb would win the title for Mercedes in 2016 as well, surely can't lose against Rosberg

It'd be risky for Lewis to go against Charles at this moment in time. In his prime maybe but he is now at the end of his career and while he is probably more experienced, theres a chance he could be slower.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    It'd be risky for Lewis to go against Charles at this moment in time. In his prime maybe but he is now at the end of his career and while he is probably more experienced, theres a chance he could be slower.
    Exactly same thoughts. When you are beating your team mate consistently & have good space in the team. Why would he go against next gen stars & get his credentials validated ...!!

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Exactly same thoughts. When you are beating your team mate consistently & have good space in the team. Why would he go against next gen stars & get his credentials validated ...!!
    unless it was his retirement swansong. I think he'd only do it if:
    Merc is going to be really poor in 2021
    Toto is leaving and Merc downgrading to engine supplier
    or he has his 7wdc 92+ wins and is just seeing if he can win a 8th with a 3rd constructor but not bothered if he doesn't

I don't believe even Hamilton could have won a WDC for Ferrari in the Merc-dominated turbo hybrid V6 era, the team and the car just haven't been consistent or reliable enough to allow it, no matter who is driving. Merc have also had the most stability with personnel and drivers which created a behemoth similar to the glory days of Schumi and Ferrari in the early 2000s. One day we will get it back, but we're getting tired of waiting and even more tired of the same old disappointments. Ferrari do not need Hamilton now that we have Charles, as long as the team can provide him with the best car. Even Seb could win with that!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I don't believe even Hamilton could have won a WDC for Ferrari in the Merc-dominated turbo hybrid V6 era, the team and the car just haven't been consistent or reliable enough to allow it, no matter who is driving. Merc have also had the most stability with personnel and drivers which created a behemoth similar to the glory days of Schumi and Ferrari in the early 2000s. One day we will get it back, but we're getting tired of waiting and even more tired of the same old disappointments. Ferrari do not need Hamilton now that we have Charles, as long as the team can provide him with the best car. Even Seb could win with that!
    Schumacher in his prime or Alonso would've won 2017 and 2018 for us, I think. Besides them, yeah. Takes something very special. Hammy would've probably won something closer to 20 wins during these past five seasons, but definitely no titles.

Ferrari boss Binotto: Hamilton being available in 2021 ‘makes us happy’

https://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/ot...py-967426.html

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Ferrari boss Binotto: Hamilton being available in 2021 ‘makes us happy’

https://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/ot...py-967426.html
    One Mattia playing smart to keep vettel on his toes, the other it gives clear picture of Ham performance if he joins ferrari against star Leclerc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Schumacher in his prime or Alonso would've won 2017 and 2018 for us, I think. Besides them, yeah. Takes something very special. Hammy would've probably won something closer to 20 wins during these past five seasons, but definitely no titles.
    So Alonso could win in the Ferrari, but Lewis who beat Alonso in his rookie season couldn't.... sure

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    So Alonso could win in the Ferrari, but Lewis who beat Alonso in his rookie season couldn't.... sure
    109-109 after McLaren played all sorts of tricks to favour Hamilton and even required having a FIA inspector in the garage in Brazil to ensure fair play, when Alonso mysteriously finished one minute behind both our cars, come on

Alonso, during his first four seasons at Ferrari, beat Hamilton four times over in cars that were handling worse than those Hammy had. Radio-whiner Ham-boy is the most overrated driver in F1 history. Besides his flukey title gifted to him by Briatore and Symonds, all his title winning cars were d-o-m-i-n-a-n-t.

If Hammy goes to Ferrari to drive alongside Charles, I shall root for him to utterly humliate Hammy, those radio meltdowns would be so glorious as he'd finally get proper in-team opposition. Priceless times. Seriously, if our car is good enough we'd win the title with probably Charles and then Seb no problem. F1 is virtually all about the car since tyres choices got limited and parts got forced to run long. There's nothing a team can do to engineer away a downforce disadvantage nowadays. Nothing. That's why only two teams have won this decade during gigantic multi-year streaks. That's why we've not had a single race in the hybrid era where we pulled away all race from pole position. The dominant car or a Red Bull have always been within five seconds even when we've been winning. To handle that it takes nerves of steel, which in the case of Hammy and Vettel, usually when under pressure results in lockups, driving into people or in Seb's case, spins.
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 1st December 2019 at 00:24.

Hamilton is never going to drive alongside Charles. He got beaten by Button and Rosberg, two talented but mediocre drivers, he knows exactly what would await him here. Thank God Charles is here, he crossed Hamilton's plan to win his 8th in a Ferrari then retire. Now he has to make do with that rocketship for 2020 and I have a feeling that their car wont be so dominant in 2021.

109-109 after McLaren played all sorts of tricks to favour Hamilton and even required having a FIA inspector in the garage in Brazil to ensure fair play, when Alonso mysteriously finished one minute behind both our cars, come on

Yep, McLaren was so anti-alonso that they gave him better strategys and left Lewis out on worn tyres at chine...

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    Hamilton is never going to drive alongside Charles. He got beaten by Button and Rosberg, two talented but mediocre drivers, he knows exactly what would await him here. Thank God Charles is here, he crossed Hamilton's plan to win his 8th in a Ferrari then retire. Now he has to make do with that rocketship for 2020 and I have a feeling that their car wont be so dominant in 2021.
    With Rosberg I seem to remember a lot of mechanical issues and with Button lewis beat him twice...

Rob, you should close this Thread! Here is too much childish bickering and in fighting between members...

Maybe we should open a new threat and name it (what is going on with Scuderia Ferrari since 2009)...

Schumacher at 2006 would've won it and he was not at his prime.

But one needs to remember that it was more than Schumacher back then, it was the team that was working better.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

That's a hypothetical with no meaning.
    Hamilton has a team built around him , has Toto supporting him, has a trusty #2 and a very good car.

How could someone start to even answer your question?

If he had the same conditions in Ferrari, I assume he'd be winning the WDC quite easily. That's your answer from Me.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

I think people will be surprised by how bad Hamilton could be handling the pressure of Ferrari. I'm not going to say that Hamilton got his titles easy but when there was some pressure with Rosberg he wasn't good dealing with it, even the season before Rosberg won his title, Hamilton had some issues until the team put all the eggs on Hamilton basket after they had some touches on track.

Hamilton is being flattered by the car and the team favoritism the same way Vettel did in RB. They are both good drivers but not as good as their stats.
    Last edited by Kingdom Hearts; 6th December 2019 at 15:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post
    I think people will be surprised by how bad Hamilton could be handling the pressure of Ferrari. I'm not going to say that Hamilton got his titles easy but when there was some pressure with Rosberg he wasn't good dealing with it, even the season before Rosberg won his title, Hamilton had some issues until the team put all the eggs on Hamilton basket after they had some touches on track.

Hamilton is being flattered by the car and the team favoritism the same way Vettel did in RB. They are both good drivers but not as good as their stats.
    I think so too. Some believe he is a class above everyone else, it's easier to do that in a dominant Mercs, because that's what Mercs has been since 2014, dominant. Even more that RBR was with Seb, I believe. Hamilton is good, but not Michael good.
    Last edited by IulianFerrari; 6th December 2019 at 20:44.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    That's a hypothetical with no meaning.
    Hamilton has a team built around him , has Toto supporting him, has a trusty #2 and a very good car.

How could someone start to even answer your question?

If he had the same conditions in Ferrari, I assume he'd be winning the WDC quite easily. That's your answer from Me.
    I have the same answer! Well said indeed !

Sebastian Vettel has been handed his first new contract offer from Ferrari, but it involves a drastic pay cut, according to reports.

The four-time World Champion is now in the final year of the three-year deal which he signed in 2017, a contract worth €100 million.

Ferrari have made it clear though that Vettel is their preferred option to retain his seat, racing alongside Charles Leclerc.

However, it is the emergence of Leclerc which has hurt Vettel in this situation.

Sky Sports Italia are reporting that Vettel has been offered a new deal by the Scuderia, but only a one-year extension, and it would involve a serious cut to his salary.

Vettel had a poor 2019 by his standards – Leclerc came into the team and in his first season scored more wins, poles and points than Vettel, finishing P4 in the Drivers’ Championship, 24 points ahead of his vastly more experienced team-mate.

Several driver errors also creeped in for Vettel last year, and the fact that 2020 hasn’t got going yet means he hasn’t been able to prove himself again, and so his stock has dropped.

Currently the coronavirus pandemic means that the 2020 season will not begin until June 14 with the Canadian Grand Prix at the very earliest. That race remains under serious threat though, as does the British Grand Prix as far ahead as July 19.

The report states that Vettel has little bargaining power with Daniel Ricciardo, Carlos Sainz and Antonio Giovinazzi all on their radar.

Ricciardo joined Renault ahead of the 2019 season, but with the project yet to reap any rewards, he may move on when his two-year deal expires at the end of 2020.

Sainz enjoyed the best season of his career so far in 2019, finishing P6 in the Drivers’ Championship, whilst also giving McLaren their first podium since 2014 with P3 at the Brazilian Grand Prix.

Giovinazzi is more of a wildcard – he didn’t set the series alight last year at Alfa Romeo but progressed steadily throughout the season and remains part of the Ferrari Driver Academy.

If Ferrari wanted to go down the route of having a clear No.1 and No.2 driver again, then Giovinazzi is the obvious option.

Leclerc’s contract with the teams runs until 2024.

As regards salaries for drivers, in the current climate it would be a great gesture for most highly-paid drivers, football players and sports people in general to take a cut in salary when the world around us will come out of this virus scenario much poorer financially. I do believe that it will be a different world to the pre-virus world as we knew it, and it's about time the ridiculous bankers and business leaders stopped taking the mickey with their huge bonuses. As for Seb, I think he would understand the offer on a reduced salary, under the present circumstances, although it may be hard for him to accept that he is viewed as disposable.

Antonio G as Charles' team mate will be perfect starting the next season . He will be driving a Ferrari not an Alfa. Binotto can take comfort in knowing team orders will be much easier to call when needed. Gio wants that seat bad, not for the money but to be in a real Ferrari. Every drivers dream. If Merc is still going to be the winning team one more time at least Gio will get the experience without taking the team down from WCC possibilities. I said 'IF' ! The other choice is; give Seb a big raise in salary as an incentive to get back to his former R Bull driving with a clause if he doesn't perform he gets cut big time.