Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112

Thread: What is going on with Sebastian Vettel

After again publicly scolding the team's strategic decisions on the radio during the Spanish GP, the quadruple world champion then told Sky Deutschland: "My opinion is no longer important."

Ferrari team boss Binotto responded: "This is a comment motivated by his disappointment at not being part of the team next year.

"When he says something like that, he only wants to express that advice for the future is no longer his business," the Italian added.

Binotto also said that, notwithstanding Vettel's public criticisms, Ferrari ultimately proved to be correct with its strategic choices.

"There are no misunderstandings, but while some other teams do not like it, we prefer to speak openly," he explained.

"There are doubts and questions but if you look at the recent races we can see that the decisions were correct. But discussions are welcome," said Binotto.

However, not everyone agrees with that sentiment, with Ralf Schumacher observing: "Sorry Ferrari, but that doesn't work at all.

"A team fighting for the world championship must manage to communicate properly."
    I'm not really not impressed with Binotto's leadership or the team strategy in recent races this year and last year under Binotto, but Ferrari appears stuck with him.

https://www.grandprix.com/news/vette...s-binotto.html

But he's showing some cojones here. He's telling other people to mind their own business and he's telling Vettel that his opinions don't really matter anymore. He's also taken a strong stance on the RP appeal. Ccould be behind the scenes Binotto is a lot tougher than he shows, and Vettel doesn't really like that.
    Regardless, I don't think airing dirty laundry is going to help anyone, so probably might be better to let Vettel watch the remaining races, or shut off his radio.

Seb's biggest mistake was when he came to Ferrari he needed a "Michael " contract. Too late!

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    It requires capable leadership, and most importantly, a good team principal. I really don't get Binotto tbh, what exactly is he afraid of? He's the team principal of the most successful, popular, and valuable team on the grid. He shouldn't be taking ***** from anyone. He needs to be more ruthless, and defend Ferrari at all cost.

He should have a one-one chat with Vettel and resolve the situation.
    Agreed.
    The thing is that some people are meant to lead and some people are meant to follow. Whatever the colleges and stuff, if deep inside you cannot lead, there's no way you can be a good leader.

I do believe that Binotto should return to his previous post where he excelled and Ferrari should hunt for someone else.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

If only Flavio Briatore was available, Merc wouldn't stand a chance against Ferrari as far as running the team. I just read that Flavio is in the hospital in Milano with the Virus! I wish him a recovery !
    Last edited by Brembo; 25th August 2020 at 13:22.