Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: What is going on with Sebastian Vettel

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Antonio G as Charles' team mate will be perfect starting the next season . He will be driving a Ferrari not an Alfa. Binotto can take comfort in knowing team orders will be much easier to call when needed. Gio wants that seat bad, not for the money but to be in a real Ferrari. Every drivers dream. If Merc is still going to be the winning team one more time at least Gio will get the experience without taking the team down from WCC possibilities. I said 'IF' ! The other choice is; give Seb a big raise in salary as an incentive to get back to his former R Bull driving with a clause if he doesn't perform he gets cut big time.
    I disagree with Antonio G to replace Seb, he is not good enough to support for Charles and our team, we now really need experienced drivers with highest killing instinct,so it would be Ham, Alo, Ric.

Quote Originally Posted by nhiepka View Post
    I disagree with Antonio G to replace Seb, he is not good enough to support for Charles and our team, we now really need experienced drivers with highest killing instinct,so it would be Ham, Alo, Ric.
    Seb fits your bill and look at the results. Charles got the chance not necessarily for killer instinct , Ferrari took the shot with a rookie and look at the results! Given the chance Gio may well do as good or almost. We need a driver who will move over when asked, without killer instincts to refuse. Imagine telling Ham, Alonso or even Ric to move over for Charles !!! Who knew Charles who was supposed to give support to Seb 4 WDC. would turned out the #1 driver? His salary would be bearable also esp. compared to who you suggested.

Sky ITA said that they offered Seb a one year old deal with a substantial pay cut.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Ecclestone to Vettel: 'Retire or move to McLaren'
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Ecclestone to Vettel: 'Retire or move to McLaren'
    Agree, his time in F1 is over, he’s DONE like dinner

Riciardo will take sebs place should he not except the deal all this is subject to f1 surviving.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Riciardo will take sebs place should he not except the deal all this is subject to f1 surviving.
    I think he-Seb would not accept this deal, really welcome gentleman Ric. Doesnt he always smile right? love this guy really.

Max in his R Bull is Ferrari's #1 enemy when fighting up front. Riciardo doesn't due well at all against Max, that we already know. Plus Ric just won'twant Charles getting the nod and him having to move over. Louis is not available, Gio will fit right in. Throwing Max an occasional DNF wouldn't hurt either !

Max in his R Bull is Ferrari's #1 enemy when fighting up front. Riciardo doesn't due well at all against Max, that we already know. Plus Ric just won'twant Charles getting the nod and him having to move over. Louis is not available, Gio will fit right in. Throwing Max an occasional DNF wouldn't hurt either !
    I agree that GIO would fit right in, Brembo, but he still needs to convince us that he has the talent to really back Charles and the team up, as a second driver he must deliver when Charles can't. I would love to see GIO in the Ferrari, I also think Danny Ric would be a sensible choice but I'm not sure he'd accept playing second fiddle to Charles. I still believe that Seb may even stay, and I'd accept that too, provided he returns to the form he showed in his first years at Ferrari. I also agree that Max will forever be a thorn in our side, just as much as Lewis.

The only real way Gio can convince us fans, and Ferrari would be for Ferrari to take the same chance as they did giving Charles the opportunity to take that#2 seat. A 1 yr, contract with a clause. Charles will be the #1 driver without any doubt. Binotto can relax on that issue and pay more attention to all his other bigger issues as far as running the show. Who knew what Charles could do if not given the opportunity? Also ibelieve Charles would be a tremendous teacher to Gio , seeing how they both share the Italian language and both young enough to understand each others way of thinking. They probably also enjoy eating the same food!!!

The only real way Gio can convince us fans, and Ferrari would be for Ferrari to take the same chance as they did giving Charles the opportunity to take that#2 seat. A 1 yr, contract with a clause. Charles will be the #1 driver without any doubt. Binotto can relax on that issue and pay more attention to all his other bigger issues as far as running the show. Who knew what Charles could do if not given the opportunity? Also ibelieve Charles would be a tremendous teacher to Gio , seeing how they both share the Italian language and both young enough to understand each others way of thinking. They probably also enjoy eating the same food!!!
    i knew that Charles would be the REAL DEAL.....and i also knew that he would give the overrated Vettel a run for his money.....i mean ALL one had to do is watch the 2017 F2 season....BOY OH BOY, that Kid was on fire all season long....and hew WON the WDC with a few races to spare...

CHARLES IS THE REAL DEAL......and the sooner Pettel gets the boot, the better Ferrari as a team will be....

and YES, i think Gio will be the perfect #2 to Charles....and Richiardo would be a good choice also, but he will NOT come to Ferrari as a #2 driver
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

It's funny to see that people, who think Gio isn't worthy of Ferrari seat, but regard Mick Schumacher as potential replacement for Vettel. Sure, Gio may not be good enough/quick enough, but to think Mick will get the seat but not Gio, who's on another level and much much better driver than Mick, is beyond hilarious.

Mick would bring in $$$$$$.Hell lance stroll bought his son a drive, and with it rolled in the$$$$$.

Mick #1 over Charles would cause $$$Millions in losses to Ferrari, and race losses. Charles #1 over a Scuhmacher would cause Mick and his fans to have hatred and grief towards Ferrari. Stroll bought his son a whole team !!! Ferrari the team ain't for sale. Merc turned out Michaels retirement team. Let Mick go there if they would take him. I'm sure Louis could care less.

Well, former Ferrari boss Luca di Montezemolo backs the re-signing of Vettel with Leclerc.

Montezemolo was asked by Turrini whether he would renew with Vettel:

Would you extend Vettel's contract?

Montezemolo: "Yes, because Seb is still very fast. He has a lot of experience and I don't think he is in a crisis of motivation."

"In addition, his presence would also be useful to Charles Leclerc, who is extremely talented but must confirm his position after a wonderful season and therefore will have a lot more pressure on him."

https://www.quotidiano.net/blog/turr...ettel-e-5.6317

Seb the one, the legend. This is why i am always for him.

Wanted to go to austrian gp to get his autogram this year
    But wont happen, hopefuly he stays next year, its my biggest dream to saw him live.

This is one of the aspects of Seb that I do admire, despite all the criticism he was originally seen as the new beginning for Ferrari and started well enough, despite the turbo-hybrid era causing our team a few headaches against Merc. He has driven some great races and I have found it embarrassing that some tifosi have discarded him without even acknowledging his efforts for our team. I will still support him if we get any racing this season and wish him well in whatever he does next, and I never thought I'd say that about someone who caused us such grief when he was at Red Bull!

He seems to be a genuinely nice person.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    This is one of the aspects of Seb that I do admire, despite all the criticism he was originally seen as the new beginning for Ferrari and started well enough, despite the turbo-hybrid era causing our team a few headaches against Merc. He has driven some great races and I have found it embarrassing that some tifosi have discarded him without even acknowledging his efforts for our team. I will still support him if we get any racing this season and wish him well in whatever he does next, and I never thought I'd say that about someone who caused us such grief when he was at Red Bull!
    Vettel is a nice person, there's no doubt about that. But since most of us here are Ferrari fans and racing is our main focus, a drivers on track performance is pretty important. I mean Vettel's been getting paid 40 millions per year, so I'd expect him to perform effortlessly for Ferrari. But the thing is, he "efforts" are sometimes, or should I say most of the times, pretty lacking. That's why you can't really blame us for 'discarding' Vettel after 2017 and 2018, and especially after Russia 2019 and Brazil 2019, races where he proved once and for all that he's not a team player.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Seb the one, the legend. This is why i am always for him.

https://i.postimg.cc/PfMXW43p/100061...931264-o-2.png

Wanted to go to austrian gp to get his autogram this year
    But wont happen, hopefuly he stays next year, its my biggest dream to saw him live.
    Seb isn't staying at Ferrari next year. He is being replaced by Carlos Sainz.

Realistically what other team could he go to?

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Vettel is a nice person, there's no doubt about that. But since most of us here are Ferrari fans and racing is our main focus, a drivers on track performance is pretty important. I mean Vettel's been getting paid 40 millions per year, so I'd expect him to perform effortlessly for Ferrari. But the thing is, he "efforts" are sometimes, or should I say most of the times, pretty lacking. That's why you can't really blame us for 'discarding' Vettel after 2017 and 2018, and especially after Russia 2019 and Brazil 2019, races where he proved once and for all that he's not a team player.
    I take your point, tifosi1993, but there were/are other factors at play with Seb's failure to give us a WCC/WDC and those involved a car which didn't suit his driving style, unreliabilty, lack of downforce and poor tyre use, and then the arrival of Charles when Seb had been the de-facto No1 driver since his arrival at Ferrari. All excuses, I know, but he still deserves credit for trying.

I take your point, tifosi1993, but there were/are other factors at play with Seb's failure to give us a WCC/WDC and those involved a car which didn't suit his driving style, unreliabilty, lack of downforce and poor tyre use, and then the arrival of Charles when Seb had been the de-facto No1 driver since his arrival at Ferrari. All excuses, I know, but he still deserves credit for trying.
    First of all, speaking of reliability, from 2017-2018 Vettel only had two reliability related DNF out of 41 races. (Japan 2017 and Malaysia 2017)
    Raikkonen on the other hand, in 2018 alone, suffered 4 DNF's due to unreliability. So as you can see Vettel was quite fortunate.
    And only a bad worker blames his tools. If he can't suit his driving style according to the car's aero demand and characteristics, then it speaks loudly about Vettel's own shortcomings.

So as you can see, there are no 'other factors', there are only 2 major factors: Vettel's poor race craft and lack of adaptability as a racing driver.

Its actually Charles who started to become ugly in Monza 2019 after not giving Seb a tow and didnt obey team orders. Even in Bahrain he wasnt obeying. Than Seb did the right thing in Sochi with not letting him by, as Seb was just plain faster. Team wasnt behind him 100%. A big shame. Good thing he left Ferrari.

Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    First of all, speaking of reliability, from 2017-2018 Vettel only had two reliability related DNF out of 41 races. (Japan 2017 and Malaysia 2017)
    Raikkonen on the other hand, in 2018 alone, suffered 4 DNF's due to unreliability. So as you can see Vettel was quite fortunate.
    And only a bad worker blames his tools. If he can't suit his driving style according to the car's aero demand and characteristics, then it speaks loudly about Vettel's own shortcomings.

So as you can see, there are no 'other factors', there are only 2 major factors: Vettel's poor race craft and lack of adaptability as a racing driver.
    Maybe it was his driving style and as a 4 X WDC in the best car at Red Bull, he should have been able to adapt to the Ferrari's characteristics, I accept that. His race-craft was found lacking in the past couple of seasons and some manoeuvres seemed to be desperate and immature for a world champion. The reliability of his car, against Kimi's, was indeed better but that doesn't alter the fact that it looked harder to drive and required more commitment from the driver, especially against the Merc and RB cars, hence some of the spins. For me, though, he is one of our drivers and for that reason I have supported him and find it hard to accept some of the criticism levelled at him now that he is leaving at the end of this season. The 2 major factors you mention are true, but you are only highlighting the worst instances of his time with us! One other thing, he was a team player when Kimi was beside him, which may explain his more recent behaviour, feeling that he was being pushed out by Charles, though he probably wouldn't admit it....yet.

These are Seb's reliability issues (all types) the last three seasons. Off the top of my head.

Great Britain 2017: Slow puncture dropping from 4th to 7th.
    Malaysia 2017: Engine failure prior to Q1, no time set. Starting last.
    Japan 2017: Electrical failure on lap 4. DNF.

No major issues in 2018 that I can remember.

Austria 2019: Mechanical issue prior to Q3, no time set. Starting 10th.
    Germany 2019: Turbo issue prior to Q1. Starting last.
    Russia 2019: Power loss on lap 26. DNF.

Kimi had even more issues during 2017 and 2018. Charles had less issues in 2019.

Add the strategy and pitstop errors by the team, for both drivers a given year, and it's pretty clear that driver errors only are one factor in the whole equation. Also compare that to Lewis reliability and driving and it becomes even more clear how basicly impossible it was for Ferrari to win anything against Merc.

Interestng

Toto wants to keep things just as they are.

The Board of Directors at Mercedes want Vettel. (like they know how to run an F1 team!!!)

My bet is that Toto will get what he wants....along with Hamilton.

If seb gets a mercedes seat his aim is to promote mercedes and be an ambassador for the German Marc.There is nothing better to Germany than a winning German.

Maybe it was his driving style and as a 4 X WDC in the best car at Red Bull, he should have been able to adapt to the Ferrari's characteristics, I accept that. His race-craft was found lacking in the past couple of seasons and some manoeuvres seemed to be desperate and immature for a world champion. The reliability of his car, against Kimi's, was indeed better but that doesn't alter the fact that it looked harder to drive and required more commitment from the driver, especially against the Merc and RB cars, hence some of the spins. For me, though, he is one of our drivers and for that reason I have supported him and find it hard to accept some of the criticism levelled at him now that he is leaving at the end of this season. The 2 major factors you mention are true, but you are only highlighting the worst instances of his time with us! One other thing, he was a team player when Kimi was beside him, which may explain his more recent behaviour, feeling that he was being pushed out by Charles, though he probably wouldn't admit it....yet.
    Of course he felt 'great' when Kimi was his teammate. And why wouldn't it be? When Ferrari signed him, they received him as perhaps a new Schumacher (well...atleast some here did anyway) and he was paired with 'feel-good' teammate like Kimi, basically the best team mate any top driver can dream to have, the perfect team mate to make a driver feel good about themselves and raise their confidence. He remained at Ferrari for 5 years and rated as a cream of the crop driver and keeping the illusion going. But unfortunately for Vettel, Leclerc came and changed everything, which turned out to be bad for Vettel but good for Ferrari.
    And his 'behavior' was always there, remember turkey 2010. His move on Leclerc in Brazil 2019 was the exact copy of his move on Webber, but this time it backfired on Vettel and changed Binotto's mind of keeping him for another 2-3 years.
    Last edited by tifosi1993; 20th May 2020 at 18:16.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Interestng

Toto wants to keep things just as they are.

The Board of Directors at Mercedes want Vettel. (like they know how to run an F1 team!!!)

My bet is that Toto will get what he wants....along with Hamilton.
    Well in 2012, the Mercedes board wanted Heidfeld over Hamilton, and that should say everything about their knowledge regarding F1.

But tbh, I wouldn't mind Vettel at Mercedes. Hamilton got him covered, but the inevitable clash of ego's and occasional clash of carbon fiber's would make the situation inside the Mercedes garage quite tense. As a Ferrari fan it would be a hilarious thing to watch seeing Mercedes imploding, because they replaced the obedient and harmless butler with a more rebellious and egotistical butler.