Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: 2019 Abu Dhabi Race thread

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    If ferrari doesn’t get their act next season. Then it’s not only merc who are fast, they need to fight with Albon & Max RB next season.
    This. Next season that RBR is going to be neck and neck with the Merc. We need to account for that. Or we are toast.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Leclerc keeps his podium. 50,000 euro fine for Ferrari.
    thank god for small mercies. I had thought for sure he would get DQ.
    Silently, like a shadow

What a snooze fest this race was. It is indeed a boring track. We need more like Interlagos, not this tilke crap.

Next year should be closer between RBR and Merc. Not sure where we stand, but am hoping we are right there with them.
    I mean we can, we have that engine sorted. Its just the DF.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    What a snooze fest this race was. It is indeed a boring track. We need more like Interlagos, not this tilke crap.

Next year should be closer between RBR and Merc. Not sure where we stand, but am hoping we are right there with them.
    I mean we can, we have that engine sorted. Its just the DF.
    Don’t forget the reliability issues we have to fix over the winter....pit stops and below par strategies we have also need a do or makeover....lol
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Don’t forget the reliability issues we have to fix over the winter....pit stops and below par strategies we have also need a do or makeover....lol
    To sum it up, it is about everything they need to solve

The odds are slowly firming with Lewis joining Ferrari.lewis will bring with him a wealth of knowledge and Ferrari are quite prepared to pay a kings fortune for his services. Lewis needs a new challenge and that challenge is to do what sebastian has tried to do and that is to become a world champion in a Ferrari that will be the feather in his cap.His only obstacle a fast and talented Charles lecrec.

Mad

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    The odds are slowly firming with Lewis joining Ferrari.lewis will bring with him a wealth of knowledge and Ferrari are quite prepared to pay a kings fortune for his services. Lewis needs a new challenge and that challenge is to do what sebastian has tried to do and that is to become a world champion in a Ferrari that will be the feather in his cap.His only obstacle a fast and talented Charles lecrec.

I sincerely hope this is not EVER going to happen.... Charles is the futire of Ferrari, if the team does not see this, then it's pathetic, and it'll be the end of a fantastic driver that could have been but was ruined by Ferrari.
    As of yesterday, I for one am DISGUSTED with the way Ferrari have behaved this year... we have been bickering about our drivers and the mistakes they have made, but yesterday just highlighted for me that sadly our drivers do not only have drive an inferior car, but have to ALSO think ahead to what should be pit wall's job and gauge gaps, and decisions on strategy, tyre choices and timings for pit stops.
    What an embarrassing position Ferrari have put themselves in.
    The joke of the paddock.
    Here's hoping that next year does bring better fortunes and better decisions.
    Binotto summed up for me how STUPID Ferrari are right now "The team let Charles down with Q3 final run timing" my simple response.... NO **** SHERLOCK!

the poor pitwall strategies have been an issue for several years now.
    It does seem incredible that a huge F1 team like Ferrari can't fix this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    To sum it up, it is about everything they need to solve
    Pretty much.....we have to work and improve on ALL areas if we are to beat a well oiled machine like Mercedes....oh, and now that red bull have a good donkey in the back of their car, they will also be a force to be reckoned with in 2020

Time will tell Stefa, time will tell....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Merc ended the season as strong as they started it.
    I do wonder if it's simply because of the track suiting them more, or did Ferrari really lose our advantage after the new ruling regarding fuel flow and engine oil burning stuff.

Anyway, we lost our chance at the title by the time we were mid way through the season, although it was nice to see Ferrari being up there.

I hope we'll start of strongly next season.

I'm so glad this disaster of a season is over. Good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Merc ended the season as strong as they started it.
    I do wonder if it's simply because of the track suiting them more, or did Ferrari really lose our advantage after the new ruling regarding fuel flow and engine oil burning stuff.

Anyway, we lost our chance at the title by the time we were mid way through the season, although it was nice to see Ferrari being up there.

I hope we'll start of strongly next season.
    Hornet, you are always so rational in your comments and your infrequent posts of late make me think that you must be a very calm personality! I tend to agree with you on most things and it would be nice for the tifosi on this forum to drop the slagging off of the team and drivers which has been such a feature of this season. We are all passionate about our team and it can be painful, but the voice of reason sometimes makes us see things in a calmer and more realistic light.
    Last edited by wisepie; 4th December 2019 at 07:17.

We were lucky not catch a DQ with the fuel discrepancy on Leclercs Car. Oh well looking forward to the next presentation and winter tests...

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Lewis has nothing to prove. I doubt he will move to Ferrari. He will retire with Mercedes.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    Lewis has nothing to prove. I doubt he will move to Ferrari. He will retire with Mercedes.
    I sincerely hope so, 6 WDCs is enough for anyone to comprehend but he has had the dominant car for all of those years, time for change is upon us so give us a break, please! Saying that, though, Ferrari and Red Bull didn't quite manage to put an end to that scenario in 2019, but they're getting closer.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I sincerely hope so, 6 WDCs is enough for anyone to comprehend but he has had the dominant car for all of those years, time for change is upon us so give us a break, please! Saying that, though, Ferrari and Red Bull didn't quite manage to put an end to that scenario in 2019, but they're getting closer.
    Mercedes will continue to win in 2020 unless something drastically changes at Ferrari OR Honda supplies a monster engine to Red Bull.

And then.... in 2021 the rules change and its anybody's game! I pray Ferrari don't do a 2009 in comprehending the rules
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Hornet, you are always so rational in your comments and your infrequent posts of late make me think that you must be a very calm personality! I tend to agree with you on most things and it would be nice for the tifosi on this forum to drop the slagging off of the team and drivers which has been such a feature of this season. We are all passionate about our team and it can be painful, but the voice of reason sometimes makes us see things in a calmer and more realistic light.
    Thanks wisepie, but I think I'm more relax watching races when Ferrari are not fighting for the titles. Whatever bad stuff happens, I'll just say oh well, better luck next race, no difference in the grand scheme of things

Re Hamilton joining Ferrari? I simply cannot believe Ferrari would contemplate such a move when a super talent like Charles has established his seat there. Has everyone forgotten the way Alonso was treated at McLaren

HAHAHA when Golden Boy comes its a misery again for Ferrari.... We hire ALO a 2x Champ end up nothing, the VET 4x Champ end up nothing.Sowhen a 6x champ comes he will not break Schumi's record and he'll end up nothing... why not focus in CL for a brand new start.

CL & GIO ! A brand new start as you say !!