Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Abu Dhabi Race thread

Sorry guys I don’t believe in next years because aerodynamic, downforce, tires ... slow corners they gonna be behind Red Bull and Mercedes. Ferrari simply don’t have right peoples for aerodynamic, suspension and tires management. The engine is top but this is not enough. For 2021 years this gonna be funny season.

We do have a testing coming up 2020 spec tyres.
    Vet & Lec are into that programme.

Let’s hope we get enough data & feedback passed to Maranello to bring out the best from them.

Maybe in qualifying Ferrari is Competitive if the track don’t have slow corners but in the races they are to slow tire management....tactics, slow corners this year.....Mercedes will dominate 2020 100%,

Like I said Ferrari don’t have right peoples for tires, aerodynamic and suspension management. Aldo Costa is one of the best for suspension management and he is now where ........ahhhh....

Quote Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
    Sorry guys I don’t believe in next years because aerodynamic, downforce, tires ... slow corners they gonna be behind Red Bull and Mercedes. Ferrari simply don’t have right peoples for aerodynamic, suspension and tires management. The engine is top but this is not enough. For 2021 years this gonna be funny season.
    Well they did it in 2017, coming back from a win less 2016. I'm not expecting Ferrari to leapfrog Mercedes, but they can certainly match Mercedes's speed.
    The pit-wall on the other hand not up to the task, our strategy guys are the worst of all and today they almost lost the podium, if not for Leclerc demanding them to go for Plan C. Nobody can win WDC/WCC's with such awful race-department. Needs complete overhaul.

This year also showed that, when you get/have the opportunity, you should maximize your chances. This is why this year is even more painful, considering the car we had in both 2017 and 18.

Only silver lining this year is Leclerc, thanks to the late Sergio Marchionne. Can't wait to see what this Kid can do next year. Interms of absolute raw pace, he's above them all, and has greatly improved his race craft. If Ferrari provide him a good car, much like 2017 or 2018, he will do justice to it.

Leclerc is driver for 1st but he needs better car.

2017 = 5 wins
    2018 = 6 wins
    2019 = 3 wins

we are going backwards unfortunately

12 years of sleeping 12 years of mistakes 12 years poor management 12 years to long a real shame.Can you seriously see much changing in 3 months, it's a big ask its going to be a very long cold winter, with no rest that's what it's going to take , other wise failure awaits again for 2020 and then the lucky number 13 will appear just like that.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    12 years of sleeping 12 years of mistakes 12 years poor management 12 years to long a real shame.Can you seriously see much changing in 3 months, it's a big ask its going to be a very long cold winter, with no rest that's what it's going to take , other wise failure awaits again for 2020 and then the lucky number 13 will appear just like that.
    Binotto had an awful season as TP, car was awful, pit wall was awful, Seb was awful, only bright spot was Lec.... 2020 will be pretty much the same

at the moment it looks like Max will be the one to take the fight to Lewis next year rather than us, it could be a very long season.

In the past couple of races, gain on straights wasn't as good as used to be and the loss in corners was more than before. Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    2017 = 5 wins
    2018 = 6 wins
    2019 = 3 wins

we are going backwards unfortunately
    2009 = 1 win
    2010 = 5 wins
    2011 = 1 win
    2012 = 3 wins
    2013 = 2 wins
    2014 = 0 wins
    2015 = 3 wins
    2016 = 0 wins

So last 3 years, we have only 1 win less than the 8 years before..

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    In the past couple of races, gain on straights wasn't as good as used to be and the loss in corners was more than before. Strange.
    Because that diguised tube with the extra fuel released on the straights was not there.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Nope we are still fastest on Straights...!!

Sebastian Vettel: We didn’t have the year we were working for. The lessons are clear. As a team we must perform stronger. As an individual I must perform stronger. I have to.

Sebastian Vettel: Overall as a team we need to get stronger, we need to do a lot of small things better and then I'm sure we will make a big step. But it's up to us.

Vettel about the DRS not being available for all drivers: It's a bit like in B-Class (tbh I don't know how to translate Kreisliga), I can't understand how such a thing can happen. Must be because there is no money in the sport anymore."

Charles “ I thank Seb, saying he learned a lot from him”.

Leclerc if he would welcome Lewis at Ferrari (2021)

LEC: "Of course. We are in F1 and we want to fight against the best. I have had a big opportunity to have Seb next to me, a 4-time champion. I have learned a lot from him. I can always learn a lot from this type of champions."

Nick Heidfeld about Vettel's season: "I don't see it as negative as some media are seeing it. I think he fought his way back incredible in the 2nd half of the season."
    Last edited by nani_s23; 1st December 2019 at 16:12.

Confirmed: @F1 Testing from February 19th onwards - Live on @SkySportsF1 and F1 TV Pro. #SkyF1

Well Nick is right Seb fought back hard and would have at least 2 more podiums if car didnt let him down in Sochi and Austin. In Sochi would probably won it.

Oh did I miss the race

This race was a waste of time and resources and only served to display Merc's superiority over the entire field. Talk about rubbing salt into the wound, but even magic Max couldn't keep up. Charles lost P3 in WDC in Brazil and is now facing a DSQ, it's not his fault so the team should be fined if anything. Both he and Seb did all they could with what they had, the pit crew didn't help them and neither did the pit wall/strategists, what a surprise. I still have the mad idea that next year will be better, and excuse the ignorance but what is a reddit? I am not in the digital world and sometimes wish F1 wasn't either.
    Last edited by wisepie; 1st December 2019 at 17:03.

Lewis Hamilton doing fastest lap on old Hard tyres than Fresh soft tyres & medium shows mercs superiority.
    This shows they can go much faster if needed.
    To end their dominance Ferrari should not only produce strong car but also better team management.

Lewiis would have beaten Ferrari with 70-80 seconds if pushing, now he was just breezing it on sunday cruise!
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Leclerc keeps his podium. 50,000 euro fine for Ferrari.

Good to hear...!

Please don't get me wrong but how come merc has all the people and ferrari have all the wrong guys. Somehow team seems to be dominated by italian engineers/designers etc which seems wrong. For me from childhood i only watched red car on track and cared for that. I wish team pick right people who ahve better talent and we get to see a driver from team on championship.

Enzo Ferrari said a long time ago aerodynamic are for the people who can’t do a good engine and this is true even in 2019 :-I just love Italian car I have giulia for 3 years and I’m in love with Ferrari but in f1 is a totally different story. Ferrari have the same problems from Alonso time to 2019 they are always behind at aerodynamic (red bull, Mercedes).

Quote Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
    Enzo Ferrari said a long time ago aerodynamic are for the people who can’t do a good engine and this is true even in 2019 :-I just love Italian car I have giulia for 3 years and I’m in love with Ferrari but in f1 is a totally different story. Ferrari have the same problems from Alonso time to 2019 they are always behind at aerodynamic (red bull, Mercedes).
    Aero was fine in the previous years. Hell...I'd say the 2017 car had the most downforce of all. The 2017 car lacked engine power, plus it had a bit more drag, but it dominated every single high-downforce track that year.
    The 2018 car also had good aero, but Ferrari that year had gone for aero efficiency over maximum downforce. The failed Singapore updates hindered it's progress, but overall, it was good enough to win the championship.

What's really hard to accept is Bottas beating Seb by 1min. + ! And no DRS, Great seeing at least Charles holding out and getting on the podium . There was less than a sec. between him & Bottas for the spot. So even against Louis , Bottas finished the season with 5 poles and 4 wins. It can't be said, it's the car, Louis had a good car also and had to fight the boy off. All in all putting Louis in the #1 spot for the season, Charles was right up there!! There's hope for Ferrari ! I hope!

Ros Brown said in his book f1 team is like a war. One person is means nothing. If Leclerc don’t have good car he can’t beat Mercedes. This team work in a higher level than Ferrari in Schumacher era. Every thing must be perfect. Hamilton this year finished all races this season and finished with points. He made the hard tire today at the end of the game the fastest lap .... that's scary.

Ferrari has to get away from this high rake concept since now they don t have problem with engine power. Get a better aero downforce solution like Mercedes. The rake is killing the away the mechanical grip in the back since the diffuser is not good enough
    in low speed corners(aka Vettel the spin master). If Ferrari solve that problem next year both our drivers are going to look awesome.

Fitting end to the season. Lewis breezing it at the front, and then laps 1 second faster than the Ferraris on old tires, the Mercs could race without pitstops and their tires would be in better shape than other teams anyway. The Merc car is way ahead of the competition, not even a slight chance to touch them and that wont change until 2021, if even then.

Verstappen putting the 3rd best car in front of the Ferraris, who in race pace are nowhere, if Hamilton had pushed he would have finished 70 seconds in front. Bottas would have beaten the Ferraris from last if DRS had worked from the start. Ferrari pit crew once again manage to screw up of course. Ferrari and Red Bull must produce a miracle to challenge seriously next season.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso