Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sky F1 Pundits...

Sky F1 Pundits...

The heading says it all... I feel Sky needs new, diverse, English speaking Pundits, that don't just please the British media. This year has been a joke with the Ferrari bashing! Sky have the majority viewing around the world, and therefore needs to be more international. Is it too much to ask that we have a few Australian, Canadian, American, South African, and even a few British pundits rather than the Hamilton clang that we have had for the last 10 years? the British pundits go out of their way to bash Ferrari and any other team who comes close to their golden boy.. its time for change!!! post your best/worst unnecessary Ferrari Bash's you've heard for the year!

"croft".... annoying.... DISCUSS!

This forum is filled with Ferrari bashing, and that's from fans so not sure why you expect pundits to be any different? British pundits? you mean like Brundle, Herbert, Button, Davidson etc? think they already have British pundits also Rosberg time to time. Who would you suggest they get from the countries you mention who are good pundits preferable with F1 race experience?
    Forza Ferrari

The fact that we have to pay for the privilege of Sky F1 coverage is bad enough but to hear the pundits forever favouring HAM is to be expected when they are mostly Brits, even though it drives me insane. I, as a Brit, prefer anything Italian but if I had to put up with Davide Valsecchi, I'd want to switch off even more than with Crofty and Co. I am quite happy with Brundle, who knows his stuff, the rest also do their job well enough, but it is only to be expected that HAM will be assumed to be the biggest interest to UK viewers. Not in my case, but I'll have to live with it. The pre and post race interviews are sometimes irritating when the pundits ask the most inane questions, if you've just been punted off how to you expect a driver to feel? Apart from that, I'm glad we've got the chance but I want my money back as Ferrari failed me.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    This forum is filled with Ferrari bashing, and that's from fans so not sure why you expect pundits to be any different? British pundits? you mean like Brundle, Herbert, Button, Davidson etc? think they already have British pundits also Rosberg time to time. Who would you suggest they get from the countries you mention who are good pundits preferable with F1 race experience?

Ok, I obviously I wouldn't know off the top of my head who good replacements would be.. Maybe you have some better knowledge? I'm sure the guys running the show would have a better idea for more international pundits. From South Africa, I know we have Gary Formato and Sasha Martiningo that would make pretty great pundits from South Africa. Pretty neutral level headed guys with incredible knowledge of the sport. Britsh pundits I'm referring to are more Crofty and Cravitz who really can't help themselves sometimes. I'm happy to see Karun in the mix, and Di Resta is brilliant and neutral. Wouldn't mind even hearing abit more from Natalie, although british she's also a female voice that would be great to hear more of. But the constant show horsing for everything Hamilton does, + the Ferrari Bashing is getting a bit much. Surely i'm not the only one that hears it? I'd love to hear some well spoken english speaking pundits that are more internationally based. would bring a new flavor per say to the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by RicRac View Post
    The heading says it all... I feel Sky needs new, diverse, English speaking Pundits, that don't just please the British media. This year has been a joke with the Ferrari bashing! Sky have the majority viewing around the world, and therefore needs to be more international. Is it too much to ask that we have a few Australian, Canadian, American, South African, and even a few British pundits rather than the Hamilton clang that we have had for the last 10 years? the British pundits go out of their way to bash Ferrari and any other team who comes close to their golden boy.. its time for change!!! post your best/worst unnecessary Ferrari Bash's you've heard for the year!
    While I agree that Sky coverage some times is just too funny to be taken seriously, I am not that sure what exactly can be done about it.
    I mean, ok, then let's get some italians? :D
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    While I agree that Sky coverage some times is just too funny to be taken seriously, I am not that sure what exactly can be done about it.
    I mean, ok, then let's get some italians? :D
    Interview Flavio Briatore after every race.

I simply cannot bear to hear Croft any more. The amount of utter banal tripe he comes out with is staggering. He should sod off to darts and stay there.

Brundle I'm okay with, Herbert no no no,he is a very annoying little man and still resents Michael for spanking him hard when they were both at benetton.

But the Lewis bias is very hard to swallow, sky are besotted with him and don't even try to hide it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cevertmyhero View Post
    I simply cannot bear to hear Croft any more. The amount of utter banal tripe he comes out with is staggering. He should sod off to darts and stay there.

Brundle I'm okay with, Herbert no no no,he is a very annoying little man and still resents Michael for spanking him hard when they were both at benetton.

But the Lewis bias is very hard to swallow, sky are besotted with him and don't even try to hide it.
    YES!! Thank you!! Same page! Brundle isn't bad, i actually respect his views the most out of all of them, followed by Di Resta... but F@k me Crofty is ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by RicRac View Post
    YES!! Thank you!! Same page! Brundle isn't bad, i actually respect his views the most out of all of them, followed by Di Resta... but F@k me Crofty is ridiculous
    Jeremy Clarkson & James May as commentators for 2020
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    Jeremy Clarkson & James May as commentators for 2020
    This needs to happen

I can see it now....

*Best Jeremy Clarkson Voice* "The new 2020 Cars are being revealed today and don't they just look magnificent James. With the new season comes new tweaks and some are even saying these just may be the fastest F1 cars ever built! The new Mer....oh for the love of Gawd. Hammond! Hammmmond! You iiiiimbecile get out of the Haas!Grojean can crash it just fine thanks... ok where was i, Ah yes the Mercedes W20......"

I really don't get your complaining though? I mean, sure, SkyF1 are biased, but are they really worst than others? I don't think so.

Just look at Dutch commentators at Ziggo, they're pretty much Verstappen fanboys. When Verstappen wins races they don't even mention other 2 podium finishers, and when Verstappen does bad they pretty much lose focus and sound depressed. And you have issue with SkyF1 hyping up Hamilton? A driver who's on the verge of breaking every record in F1 and will probably end up as the most successful driver of all time. Compared to Hamilton, Verstappen's achievements are absolute zero.
    Same thing with Sky Italia, they pretty much always focus on Ferrari. Gazzetta main story's regarding F1 are always about Ferrari.

I agree that David Croft can be pretty annoying sometimes, but he is also very passionate. I can't imagine another commentator shouting "5 lights and away we go" at the start of a GP.
    Again, if it annoys you so much you can always mute the sound. And speaking of objectivity, SkyF1 are far more fair towards Ferrari than Dutch or German commentators.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I really don't get your complaining though? I mean, sure, SkyF1 are biased, but are they really worst than others? I don't think so.

Just look at Dutch commentators at Ziggo, they're pretty much Verstappen fanboys. When Verstappen wins races they don't even mention other 2 podium finishers, and when Verstappen does bad they pretty much lose focus and sound depressed. And you have issue with SkyF1 hyping up Hamilton? A driver who's on the verge of breaking every record in F1 and will probably end up as the most successful driver of all time. Compared to Hamilton, Verstappen's achievements are absolute zero.
    Same thing with Sky Italia, they pretty much always focus on Ferrari. Gazzetta main story's regarding F1 are always about Ferrari.

I agree that David Croft can be pretty annoying sometimes, but he is also very passionate. I can't imagine another commentator shouting "5 lights and away we go" at the start of a GP.
    Again, if it annoys you so much you can always mute the sound. And speaking of objectivity, SkyF1 are far more fair towards Ferrari than Dutch or German commentators.
    It's really quite simple... the italians have the Sky Italia.. mostly watched by ITALIANS. the dutch have Ziggo watched mostly by DUTCH. Sky F1 is not just watched by the BRITISH. The whole of F1 on social media is run by English speakers, the majority english speakers watching F1 are not just British. get some American's, Australians,British, Canadians, etc etc.... its not a hard concept to understand. Sky F1 should be more diversified. So that is why I'm complaining

Sky sell their show to others who would not have F1, just because they are broadcast elsewhere does not make them not British....
    Forza Ferrari

Sky sell their show to others who would not have F1, just because they are broadcast elsewhere does not make them not British....
    Yep, F1 in India is aired on Star Sports and they get Sky feed (and Croft)
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Crofty, Kravitz......nauseating listening to them

Have no carisma just 2 boring one sided dush bags.They even have horrible voices.Please sky get rid of them f1 has enough problems.

I have noticed most of the insults directed at Ferrari from comments in social media have been from British F1 'fans'.

Croft is an embarrassment quite frankly. He doesn't even know who is passing who on the race track. On more than one occasion he was making out the guy in front had done a passing manoeuvre when in reality he was about to get overtaken by the guy behind. He's also xenophobic, accuses Ferrari of cheating despite never being found guilty (slander). Ted Kravitz is much the same, thinks he knows alot when in reality he doesn't and any opportunity to mock Ferrari he does. Never hear him criticising Williams who quite frankly have been a million times worse considering there reputation in F1. There is a reason why Arrivabene had no time for Sky F1.

I think Sky offers the best F1 broadcasting. Of course they are biased in general, but overall I think they call it pretty decently, and it's entertaining. I think Martin Brundle is very fair and just calls it like he sees it. Along with his British whit, to me he is the best in the game.

What happened to James Allen?

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    What happened to James Allen?
    The last I heard of him he was still up Juan Pablo Montoya's ****...

Apologies.
    Last edited by 458 Italia; 11th September 2020 at 21:09.

The amount of utter drivel that Croft spews out is staggering. often blathering about really pointless nonsense for 5-10-15 mins at a time and barely even mentioning F1.
    I'm so glad I cancelled SkyF1, I don't want to put a penny of my money into that morons pocket. he's even worse than Legard!!!

Let’s just have a laugh about it all, really.

With most everything going sideways, we’re fortunate that we get to worry about how bad Ferrari are and what the Sky team say. It’s of course OK to not like the quality of Sky’s F1 punditry, but let’s not be all up in our heads about it.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    I think Sky offers the best F1 broadcasting. Of course they are biased in general, but overall I think they call it pretty decently, and it's entertaining. I think Martin Brundle is very fair and just calls it like he sees it. Along with his British whit, to me he is the best in the game.
    and Paul di Resta is good too.

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    The last I heard of him he was still up Juan Pablo Montoya's ****...

Apologies.
    Was definitely a Montaya fan!

He was entertaining though!

Was definitely a Montaya fan!

He was entertaining though!
    James Allen, is a massive Ferrari fan.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

I have noticed most of the insults directed at Ferrari from comments in social media have been from British F1 'fans'.
    And Australian...

I'm not sure the pundits are so bad, Sky love to come up with a tabloid type narrative and really force it even if what plays out does not fit what they are trying to say. Years ago Croft was really good on radio, I have noticed they seem to be told to come up with a particular narrative and do not always sound like they want to go with it. Brundle often seems to try and get out of the discussion the production team force on them. Sky as a company are really forcing the BLM and seems to give new impetus to the butt licking of Hamilton but so what, I gather Dutch F1 coverage is a Maxfest. Their core audience is the UK so to be expected
    Last edited by Rob; 13th September 2020 at 11:40.