Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242536 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 330 of 1101

Thread: Ferrari 2020 Challenger Thread

  1. #301
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    3,672
    Nr 5 in front and Nr 16 is behind.........

  2. #302
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Slovenia, Maribor
    Posts
    923
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    that rake is HUGE......

    Did we had a high rake car in 2017? And low in 2019?

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,083
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    OK, now we wait for Australian Q3 to see how fast it really is!
    And ignore all the pre-season hype....or doom and gloom. The real picture will be revealed at Australia.

  4. #304
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    7,482
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    And ignore all the pre-season hype....or doom and gloom. The real picture will be revealed at Australia.
    +1
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,083
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    that rake is HUGE......
    Maybe. But rakes's aren't everything, last years Mercedes had low rake and we all know how well it performed in low-medium speed corners.

  6. #306
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    8,361
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    And ignore all the pre-season hype....or doom and gloom. The real picture will be revealed at Australia.
    EXACTLY....testing is always testing.....it gives you an idea, but NOT the real picture as everyone is doing/testing somethig different.....Q3 in OZ will tell us where we stand against the competition.....actually more like after 3-4 races into the season we'll know how GOOD we are
    I'm hoping that the SF1000 proves to be a championship winning car, maybe even a BEAST!!!

  7. #307
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    8,361
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Maybe. But rakes's aren't everything, last years Mercedes had low rake and we all know how well it performed in low-medium speed corners.
    that's becasue their WHOLE CONCEPT is and has always been around LOW rake.....that's how their car has been designed eversince 2014
    I'm hoping that the SF1000 proves to be a championship winning car, maybe even a BEAST!!!

  8. #308
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,083

  9. #309
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    hong kong
    Posts
    1,519
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    EXACTLY....testing is always testing.....it gives you an idea, but NOT the real picture as everyone is doing/testing somethig different.....Q3 in OZ will tell us where we stand against the competition.....actually more like after 3-4 races into the season we'll know how GOOD we are
    Can we for once know how good we are right from the start ? Hate having to wait a few races to find out we are slow.

  10. #310
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,759
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    that rake is HUGE......
    Yeah I saw that detail too.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

  11. #311
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    78
    Hopefully it s better in the corners and it uses the tires properly.

  12. #312
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    7,482
    Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Can we for once know how good we are right from the start ? Hate having to wait a few races to find out we are slow.
    Unfortunately, that's the nature of the business. Testng is just about mileage and laps......plus new aero....that's it.

    Give it 3 or 4 races to see where we stand.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  13. #313
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    78
    I'm curious to find out if we kept the engine advantage over the other teams or even improved on the power.

    **** is going to hit the fan if the other teams call us cheaters.

  14. #314
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,083










  15. #315
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    7,482
    Comparosin between the SF-90 vs SF-1000 (front view)

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQg9cdfX0AA6pdv.jpg


    side view

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQg-0ahXkAsqLzv.jpg
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 11th February 2020 at 17:40.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  16. #316
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,329
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Unfortunately, that's the nature of the business. Testng is just about mileage and laps......plus new aero....that's it.

    Give it 3 or 4 races to see where we stand.
    3-4 races is not required. Race pace in Australia will determine the pecking order. The last time Ferrari had Mercedes esque race pace in Australia was back in 2017.

  17. #317
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    8,361
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    3-4 races is not required. Race pace in Australia will determine the pecking order. The last time Ferrari had Mercedes esque race pace in Australia was back in 2017.
    not necessarily, bare in mind that Australia is not really a designated F1 track....it is half race track half street circuit....so that is why 3-4 races is need to TRULY show the pecking order of the TOP GUNS...
    I'm hoping that the SF1000 proves to be a championship winning car, maybe even a BEAST!!!

  18. #318
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    3,065
    The interest level in Ferrari is really dwindling judging by the lack of posts here today... seems a lot of people have resigned themselves to a poor 2020 season...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

  19. #319
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lubbock/Austin, TX
    Posts
    268
    It looks very similar to 2019, I just hope what they’ve done is leaps and bounds better internally to give us the wins this season. I’m holding my reservations until after a couple races.

  20. #320
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    The interest level in Ferrari is really dwindling judging by the lack of posts here today... seems a lot of people have resigned themselves to a poor 2020 season...
    More likely because of Vettel hate. It is just ridiculous sometimes.

  21. #321
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    argentina
    Posts
    451
    Quote Originally Posted by ferenc_k View Post
    More likely because of Vettel hate. It is just ridiculous sometimes.
    That's the reason all the topics in this wonderfull site are contaminated for all the nonsense ******** discussion about drivers. This place isn't enjoyable anymore. A pitty

  22. #322
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,003
    I stuck it out for years here with all the never ending everyday , Rubens ... . I was the "Only fan " he had here. Contaminated ! Wow that says it all. Rubens did what he was told , move over. Seb did nothing he's supposed to do. Continue winning for his new team , Ferrari. $50 million !!!!!!

  23. #323
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by ferenc_k View Post
    More likely because of Vettel hate. It is just ridiculous sometimes.
    Actually, what's stinking up the forum is all of you fanboys labeling legitimate criticism of a VERY well-paid driver's poor performance as "Vettel hate".

  24. #324
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    8,361
    Quote Originally Posted by JuniorUS View Post
    Actually, what's stinking up the forum is all of you fanboys labeling legitimate criticism of a VERY well-paid driver's poor performance as "Vettel hate".
    exactly, i personally don't hate Vettel.....it's just NOT right gettling paid so many gazillions and UNDER performing.....that is why i;m getting peeved....
    if he was performing adn getting the absolute everything out of the car then yeah, i'd be somewhat OK wiht his salary.....but no, he's not doing that...

    i understand that Ferrari has had issues with last year's car, but at least beat yoru own teammate who was ONLY getting paid 3 million a year and totally showed a 4 x WDC how it's done
    I'm hoping that the SF1000 proves to be a championship winning car, maybe even a BEAST!!!

  25. #325
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Boise, Idaho USA
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by JuniorUS View Post
    Actually, what's stinking up the forum is all of you fanboys labeling legitimate criticism of a VERY well-paid driver's poor performance as "Vettel hate".
    Ferrari’s poor performance and pathetic management is the source of the stench.
    It has been much too long since the team was truly a championship contender.

  26. #326
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    7,482

  27. #327
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Dubai, UAE
    Posts
    10,234
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    The interest level in Ferrari is really dwindling judging by the lack of posts here today... seems a lot of people have resigned themselves to a poor 2020 season...
    I am hoping interest and posts pick up once the season starts. Currently, almost all threads are hijacked by Seb vs Charles discussions which is quite a sad state of affairs on this forum.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

  28. #328
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Slovenia, Maribor
    Posts
    923
    Quote Originally Posted by ferenc_k View Post
    More likely because of Vettel hate. It is just ridiculous sometimes.
    True story, because of some "repetitive" members I left the forum for a few months. And when I came back I saw nothing has changed, its again the same story. Different time, same posters.

    The 2020 car looks very solid, and its very tight at the rear. If really the car is more based toward the high-rake and with shorter-wheel base, this might give us more rear traction in slow corners. And Seb was very good there in 2015, 2017 with similar car characteristics. We have a good engine, now all we need is to improve our downforce, strategy, its not so easy, but I am sure we can strike back.

    Forza Ferrari.

  29. #329
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    True story, because of some "repetitive" members I left the forum for a few months. And when I came back I saw nothing has changed, its again the same story. Different time, same posters.

    The 2020 car looks very solid, and its very tight at the rear. If really the car is more based toward the high-rake and with shorter-wheel base, this might give us more rear traction in slow corners. And Seb was very good there in 2015, 2017 with similar car characteristics. We have a good engine, now all we need is to improve our downforce, strategy, its not so easy, but I am sure we can strike back.

    Forza Ferrari.
    Car looks good, hoping for the development to keep up all year long... and lastly,without bashing the drivers, here's fingers crossed our pit wall crew has FINALLY learned their errors and is able to support the drivers in the race as they SHOULD!

  30. #330
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    3,672
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Comparosin between the SF-90 vs SF-1000 (front view)

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQg9cdfX0AA6pdv.jpg


    side view

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQg-0ahXkAsqLzv.jpg
    Rear wing much smaller or..optical illusion

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •