Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari 2020 Challenger Thread

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    First off, who is this guy Vetal you keep talking about?
    Second, I hope he gets the big pointy boot up his **** as he’s well past his due date like an expired bag of milk

Time for Ferrari to either bring Gio on board (which would be a perfect #2 to Charles) or Richiardo who in my eyes is way better then a n expired bag of milk
    Finally someone else who thinks Gio for that seat ! Vetal ?

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Vetal is probably the same as Richiardo.....
    Ya. That's why might be better to bring in Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Nah....i vote for Gio

Gionazi is too young. We want consistent points finishes for a chance at WCC. Give him a year to mature at Alfa then bring him in. By then Leclerc can teach him some things.

Gionazi is too young. We want consistent points finishes for a chance at WCC. Give him a year to mature at Alfa then bring him in. By then Leclerc can teach him some things.
    OK, fair enough, but the question is, who do we bring in for ONE year if Vetal decides to leave??
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    According to a news paper in Italy vetal has turned down the Ferrari offer. He was offered1 year deal and 12 million euro.He vetal wants 2 years and to keep a large portion of his 40 million a year deal. Ferrari signalled out 3 drivers who could replace vetal interesting to follow this one.
    Well it's Ferrari we're talking about, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they decide to keep Vettel for 2 more years, plus paying him 25-30+ million.

Now, speaking of Leclerc's potential teammates, I'd take Perez/Sainz over Gio any day everyday. Both of them are solid racing drivers and capable of beating Bottas or who ever Red Bull decides to put in their 2nd car, and on a perfect day both of them are capable of beating Hamilton/Verstappen. But neither of them would ever bother Charles.

Ferrari should follow Red Bull-Verstappen model and focus on building the team around Leclerc. Both Leclerc and Verstappen are the future of F1 and both of would dominate the coming years. It's absolutely no-brainer and downright idiotic to hinder Leclerc's enormous potential and his development for just to appease someone like Vettel.
    Last edited by tifosi1993; 21st April 2020 at 17:20.

Nah....i vote for Gio
    Gio can't even bother Raikkonen, I don't think he well be able hold candle to Bottas in his Mercedes.

Forza Ferrari

Are we all just butchering surnames on purpose lol?
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

If Haas leaves that will also bring Grossgene and Magnason into play. But Paris might also be an option.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Gio can't even bother Raikkonen, I don't think he well be able hold candle to Bottas in his Mercedes.
    And just think Kimi is just another rookie. Bottas is in a Merc, Gio will be in a Ferrari .

I just want to welcome back Alonso.

Quote Originally Posted by nhiepka View Post
    I just want to welcome back Alonso.
    nah, Alonso is too old for F1.....as much as i like him as a driver, i'm gutted that he didn't win a WDC with Ferrari...so close in 2010 and especially 2012 when he drove the wheels off thta Ferrari and put it in places it did NOT belong....all because of his masterclass driving....

but Ferrari will not bring him in now especially that we have Charles....he's the future of our team....sadly, Alonso is OLD NEWS....

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    And just think Kimi is just another rookie. Bottas is in a Merc, Gio will be in a Ferrari .
    He can't even beat a 40 year old driver, who is probably going to retire at the end of this year. So yeah, apart from his nationality, which is hardly a thing to brag about, there's nothing going on for him to have a seat at Ferrari.

And I get it. Having an Italian driver at Ferrari will create lot of emotions. But tbh, the whole "Ferrari should be more Italian" is the main reason of Ferrari's current predicament. Luca had done enough damage to this team, so I don't want Ferrari to follow LDM's footsteps and sign up a driver who's pretty much average at best and has nothing going on for him apart from his nationality.

He can't even beat a 40 year old driver, who is probably going to retire at the end of this year. So yeah, apart from his nationality, which is hardly a thing to brag about, there's nothing going on for him to have a seat at Ferrari.

And I get it. Having an Italian driver at Ferrari will create lot of emotions. But tbh, the whole "Ferrari should be more Italian" is the main reason of Ferrari's current predicament. Luca had done enough damage to this team, so I don't want Ferrari to follow LDM's footsteps and sign up a driver who's pretty much average at best and has nothing going on for him apart from his nationality.
    very well said, could NOT have put it in better words myself....
    i really hope Vetal gets teh BOOT and Ferrari bring someone other then Gio, Alonso....i woulnd't mind Carlos or even Ricchiardo

In these strange times, the motorsport media and publications like Gazzetta dello Sport are desperate for something to report so here we have VET being replaced by RIC/GIO/SAI and even ALO, if the rumour is true that Seb won't agree his new offer from Ferrari. It's an interesting scenario if there's any truth in these suggestions and considering the season has been so compromised, I would stick my neck out and suggest that it could be RIC who gets the nod as he seems out of sorts with Renault, although I still feel GIO could spring a surprise, given the chance. I am surprised at you, tifosi1993 for saying that the Italian nationality is nothing to brag about, that's not very fair considering our team is Italian and exudes passion in the Italian way, I am not Italian but my love and respect for Italians and Italy is passionate in the extreme, with a few caveats!!
    Last edited by wisepie; 23rd April 2020 at 07:39.

Well it could be all for nothing Ferrari contemplating quitting f1 if budget caps introduced this corona virus has ruined fi completely lets face the facts it's a pretty dire situation.THANKS CHINA for all that you have done.

Fans here suggest a driver with experience in the Ferrari #2 seat will be best for Charles. How about a 4x WDC driver? Ferrari went with a German not an Italian. It took Louis to get Merc to 6 wins and all the other great things he has accomplished. They did not go German and look at the results !! Oh wait! It's the car ! You are correct as far as saying Ricciardo being a bad choice for Ferrari even though he's Italian. He can't beat Max with a rocket ship if he had one. Seb has nothing going for him after R Bull's " Car!"A true German and all ! The only thing Seb excelled in @ Ferrari was getting $50 million pay. Forget Gio! How about Mick?

Haas drivers

If Haas leaves that will also bring Grossgene and Magnason into play. But Paris might also be an option.
    Grosjean and Magnussen are done in F1 if Haas leaves, neither has proved anything in F1.
    Changes aren't permanent........But change is.
    ALL LIVES MATTER... EVEN YOURS

very well said, could NOT have put it in better words myself....
    i really hope Vetal gets teh BOOT and Ferrari bring someone other then Gio, Alonso....i woulnd't mind Carlos or even Ricchiardo
    Fear of Gio doing to Charles what Charles did to Seb should be put aside , it's the team Ferrari WCC that's important. #1 #2 points is what counts in order to move Merc out of 1st. place . I believe Max is praying for Dan to get that Ferrari seat so he has 1 less Ferrari driver to worry about.

Fear of Gio doing to Charles what Charles did to Seb should be put aside , it's the team Ferrari WCC that's important. #1 #2 points is what counts in order to move Merc out of 1st. place . I believe Max is praying for Dan to get that Ferrari seat so he has 1 less Ferrari driver to worry about.
    Gio has shown absolutely nothing so far,contrary to Charles who had shown potential before signed to Ferrari and let's not forget whose personal choice he was.
    I can't see any reason as to why he should be a driver for the Scuderia when there are so many far more talented drivers than him.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Gio has shown absolutely nothing so far,contrary to Charles who had shown potential before signed to Ferrari and let's not forget whose personal choice he was.
    I can't see any reason as to why he should be a driver for the Scuderia when there are so many far more talented drivers than him.
    Totally agree, Gio is not good enough to drive for Ferrari.

I hope that it would be as you said. If GIO can drive at the same level as Leclerc, then Ferrari would have 2 superstars. Give Gio some time first though.

Fans here suggest a driver with experience in the Ferrari #2 seat will be best for Charles. How about a 4x WDC driver? Ferrari went with a German not an Italian. It took Louis to get Merc to 6 wins and all the other great things he has accomplished. They did not go German and look at the results !! Oh wait! It's the car ! You are correct as far as saying Ricciardo being a bad choice for Ferrari even though he's Italian. He can't beat Max with a rocket ship if he had one. Seb has nothing going for him after R Bull's " Car!"A true German and all ! The only thing Seb excelled in @ Ferrari was getting $50 million pay. Forget Gio! How about Mick?
    It is absolutely the car, and Vettel mistakes.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Max crashed his way to be a #1 contender, Seb is now crashing his way to be a non contender. Ferrari can't put out a car equal to Merc? I don't believe that will continue. How would Charles be doing in a Williams? Or an Alfa? O K but not great. It's the car , give Gio a chance. How many chances did Dan have to beat Max in a similar car? Is lack of F-1 experience whats holding Seb back @ Ferrari? I agree 100% there's a lot of good drivers available for that #2 seat @ Ferrari, Gio is one of them. And the big Ferrari " Must Have" is obeying team orders.

Max crashed his way to be a #1 contender, Seb is now crashing his way to be a non contender. Ferrari can't put out a car equal to Merc? I don't believe that will continue. How would Charles be doing in a Williams? Or an Alfa? O K but not great. It's the car , give Gio a chance. How many chances did Dan have to beat Max in a similar car? Is lack of F-1 experience whats holding Seb back @ Ferrari? I agree 100% there's a lot of good drivers available for that #2 seat @ Ferrari, Gio is one of them. And the big Ferrari " Must Have" is obeying team orders.
    You seem to lack the basic understanding of the simple factt that contrary to Charles, Gio has shown no potentials.
    So no, unless Gio starts showing potentials , he has no place in Ferrari.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    You seem to lack the basic understanding of the simple factt that contrary to Charles, Gio has shown no potentials.
    So no, unless Gio starts showing potentials , he has no place in Ferrari.
    I agree with you Gio needs to show his potential . Put him in a potentially great car, that #2 Ferrari seat and see what he can do. Worse than Seb ? I doubt it. Less pay ? I believe so. How many good cars has Dan been lucky enough to drive? With not much success esp. against Max. And yet there are fans that would want him along side Charles. Dan is an example of having experience more so than Gio but no success esp. for what he wants to get paid, and the big " Who's on first! " Seb is the driver who has no place in Ferrari . He left his heart @ R Bull. OK along side the inexperienced Kimi he could have done better? How does that sound. Fans here have said Gio should have put Kimi to the test. If they were joking; I admit it went over my head. Oh! And contrary to many fans opinions, being Italian should not be held against him going to Ferrari.

First of all it is very easy to be good driver in great car, thing is to prove it in other way around.Be great driver in not so good car. There are several examples throughput the history of sort. I can not go so far back as I am 47 years old and involved into F1 since early 80's, when I become aware of it. In recent history, which majority can remember, there are few examples.

Michael Schimacher in Jordan
    Fernando Alonso in Minardi
    Sebastian Vetel - Toro Rosso
    Max Verstapen - Toro Rosso

And other. So to say give him great car he'll show how good he is, it is wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    First of all it is very easy to be good driver in great car, thing is to prove it in other way around.Be great driver in not so good car. There are several examples throughput the history of sort. I can not go so far back as I am 47 years old and involved into F1 since early 80's, when I become aware of it. In recent history, which majority can remember, there are few examples.

Michael Schimacher in Jordan
    Fernando Alonso in Minardi
    Sebastian Vetel - Toro Rosso
    Max Verstapen - Toro Rosso

And other. So to say give him great car he'll show how good he is, it is wrong!
    Yes, that's how I would "gauge" a great driver....still do.

In the last decade however and going forward, Lewis Hamilton has never had to "start from the back" and work his way up. He started with Mclaren(Mercedes engine), then Mercedes (Formula change in 2014) and during that time of change from Mclaren to Mercedes, alot of people thought he made a "bad" move. He was at the right place at the right time....he got a winning car and a winning team with a budget to back it up. How many F1 drivers currently who would'nt mind being in his shoes?

Note: Leclerc has shown hsi talented race-craft in F2 before jumping into F1 which is why he is in a Ferrari seat in F1 after just 2 years in F1.
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 28th April 2020 at 09:53.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Again, why should Ferrari give a "chance" to someone like Gio? What valuable attributes Gio possesses, as an F1 driver, that would pressure Ferrari to give him the second seat? Like I said before, him being Italian shouldn't be used as a concession to give him the Ferrari seat.

And there are other more preferable candidates out there to replace Vettel. Sainz being on of them, then there is Perez, hell even bringing back Hulk from retirement and giving him the second seat will be much more worthwhile than giving it to Gio.