Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari 2020 Challenger Thread

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    so what about this??? FAKE NEWS????

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...e-main-article
    I've read it when it came out, but according to "her"(a girl on Twitter where I read a lot of her quotes and till now she is quite accurate!!) the team declares strongly that we are having any new parts.
    And Binnoto on his interview a couple of days before said the same thing, that the var will be the exact one that supposed to run in Melbourne.And that for at least the 1st 3-4 races that will be the case!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

so what about this??? FAKE NEWS????

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...e-main-article
    Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    I've read it when it came out, but according to "her"(a girl on Twitter where I read a lot of her quotes and till now she is quite accurate!!) the team declares strongly that we are having any new parts.
    And Binnoto on his interview a couple of days before said the same thing, that the var will be the exact one that supposed to run in Melbourne.And that for at least the 1st 3-4 races that will be the case!!!!!

https://the-race.com/formula-1/the-q...from-lockdown/
    It's not how start but how you finish.

[it.motorsport]

Ferrari: Mugello test on June 23 with Leclerc and Vettel.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Who's the President of the FIA?? Whom did this President used to work for?? Who is Leclerc's manager?........connect the dots.

Hence as to why this "cheating scandal" was swept "under the rug."
    Same President of FIA has been around for a lot of years. I don't think that Ferrari has been the one benefited , quite the contrary I would think so.
    Reality is that FIA simply has no clue as to how or if Ferrari did anything for that matter.
    And this is why the deal.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

so why is Ferrari keep denying that there is no new power unit, no new aero updates....etc....at least that's what Mattia keep saying.....
    he mentioned that in austria it will be the same car as they tested in second week of Barca.....

on another note, i've seen pictures and videos of ferrari testing at mugello with the 2018 car.....but what was interesting is that it had the "illegal" mirrors that were mounted on the HALO....why would you test with then on there if you were NOT allowed to race with them???

thought it was funny, that's all....

on another note, i've seen pictures and videos of ferrari testing at mugello with the 2018 car.....but what was interesting is that it had the "illegal" mirrors that were mounted on the HALO....why would you test with then on there if you were NOT allowed to race with them???

thought it was funny, that's all....
    The mirrors are'nt illegal. The winglets on the mirrors were on the 2018 car. There were no winglets on the SF71-H when testing at Mugelloi Monday and Tuesday.

The mirrors are'nt illegal. The winglets on the mirrors were on the 2018 car. There were no winglets on the SF71-H when testing at Mugelloi Monday and Tuesday.
    that's what i meant to say....by bad
    i know mirrors are legal, is just the way they had them mounted on the halo, that's what made them illegal because of "aero purposes", so then they opted to put them in the previous spot they had them before....but now doing tests with the 2018, why would you have them on the halo again??? not that it matters, it's an old car....but was just curious

They probably have the 2018 car built with those on. This test was for drivers to get the feel of racing car again. Not performance testing. Doesn't matter what is on or off the car.

Quote Originally Posted by springfield View Post
    They probably have the 2018 car built with those on. This test was for drivers to get the feel of racing car again. Not performance testing. Doesn't matter what is on or off the car.
    so would they run the new spec 2 engine in there (the one that suppsedly has 20 HP extra), to test the reliability of it??? not like anyone can see what engine is in there, NO???

Ferrari to introduce full revamp of its 2020 F1 car at Hungarian GP

Ferrari will "recalibrate" the entire upgrade programme for its 2020 Formula 1 car, and is set to introduce a full revamp of the SF1000 at the Hungarian Grand Prix.

In pre-season testing, Ferrari's latest car appeared to have a number of fundamental issues, with a performance shortfall with its power unit combining with a car that seemed to lack grip.

Team principal Mattia Binotto said that after the lockdown break the team decided to take a major change of direction in order to find more performance from the SF1000, while knowing that the upgrades would not be ready for the first two races.

The short time available after the FIA factory shutdown, as well as new COVID-19 protocols that compromised the pace of work in Maranello, meant that changes could not be fast tracked through.

Binotto said it would have been "counterproductive" to pursue the original car concept that proved disappointing in testing.

"This weekend the car will run in the same configuration used towards the end of the Barcelona tests," Binotto said in a team preview.

"This doesn't mean we have been twiddling our thumbs in the very limited time of just five and a half weeks in which we were able to work on the cars, because of the stringent procedures involved in working around the pandemic as well as the total shutdown of activities required by the FIA in agreement with the teams.

"The truth is that the outcome of the tests led us to take a significant change of direction in terms of development, especially on the aerodynamic front.

"First, we had to understand why we did not see the results we had expected on track and how much to recalibrate the whole programme as a result.

"It would have been counterproductive to continue in the direction we had planned, knowing that we would not have reached our goals.

"Therefore we decided to come up with a new programme that looked at the whole car, knowing that not all of it would be ready for the first race. Our aim is to introduce the updates at the third race on 19 July at the Hungaroring."

Ferrari will spend the two grand prix weekends in Austria with a Melbourne-spec SF1000, but Binotto suggested that the team had put work into understanding its troubled car and that it would "prove its worth" in the opening races.

"Over and above the actual development of the car itself, these past few weeks we have worked a lot on analysing its behaviour, with simulation work and with the help of our drivers and I think that will prove its worth in Austria.

"We know that, at the moment, we don't have the fastest package. We knew it before heading for Melbourne and that hasn't changed.

"Having said that, the Spielberg circuit has different characteristics to Montmelo and the temperatures will be well above those of February.

"In Austria, we must try and make the most of every opportunity and then in Hungary, with the new development step we are working on, we will be able to see where we are really compared to the others, while having to take into account the developments our competitors themselves will have brought along."

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/15...car-in-hungary

I'm pretty tired of reading the same old excuses so I'll just wait and see what happens in Spielberg, all these GPs in such a short space of time will be very hard on my blood pressure, but for some inexplicable reason, I still live in hope!

Ferrari to introduce full revamp of its 2020 F1 car at Hungarian GP

Ferrari will "recalibrate" the entire upgrade programme for its 2020 Formula 1 car, and is set to introduce a full revamp of the SF1000 at the Hungarian Grand Prix.

In pre-season testing, Ferrari's latest car appeared to have a number of fundamental issues, with a performance shortfall with its power unit combining with a car that seemed to lack grip.

Team principal Mattia Binotto said that after the lockdown break the team decided to take a major change of direction in order to find more performance from the SF1000, while knowing that the upgrades would not be ready for the first two races.

The short time available after the FIA factory shutdown, as well as new COVID-19 protocols that compromised the pace of work in Maranello, meant that changes could not be fast tracked through.

Binotto said it would have been "counterproductive" to pursue the original car concept that proved disappointing in testing.

"This weekend the car will run in the same configuration used towards the end of the Barcelona tests," Binotto said in a team preview.

"This doesn't mean we have been twiddling our thumbs in the very limited time of just five and a half weeks in which we were able to work on the cars, because of the stringent procedures involved in working around the pandemic as well as the total shutdown of activities required by the FIA in agreement with the teams.

"The truth is that the outcome of the tests led us to take a significant change of direction in terms of development, especially on the aerodynamic front.

"First, we had to understand why we did not see the results we had expected on track and how much to recalibrate the whole programme as a result.

"It would have been counterproductive to continue in the direction we had planned, knowing that we would not have reached our goals.

"Therefore we decided to come up with a new programme that looked at the whole car, knowing that not all of it would be ready for the first race. Our aim is to introduce the updates at the third race on 19 July at the Hungaroring."

Ferrari will spend the two grand prix weekends in Austria with a Melbourne-spec SF1000, but Binotto suggested that the team had put work into understanding its troubled car and that it would "prove its worth" in the opening races.

"Over and above the actual development of the car itself, these past few weeks we have worked a lot on analysing its behaviour, with simulation work and with the help of our drivers and I think that will prove its worth in Austria.

"We know that, at the moment, we don't have the fastest package. We knew it before heading for Melbourne and that hasn't changed.

"Having said that, the Spielberg circuit has different characteristics to Montmelo and the temperatures will be well above those of February.

"In Austria, we must try and make the most of every opportunity and then in Hungary, with the new development step we are working on, we will be able to see where we are really compared to the others, while having to take into account the developments our competitors themselves will have brought along."

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/15...car-in-hungary
    So in other words damage limitation foes the first 2 races....

Yeah, 3rd place LOOKS inevitable after Austria.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I'm pretty tired of reading the same old excuses so I'll just wait and see what happens in Spielberg, all these GPs in such a short space of time will be very hard on my blood pressure, but for some inexplicable reason, I still live in hope!

You mate and every true Ferrari fan like me on this board.....we all have hope....after all hope dies last, right?

Absolutely ridiculous from them to change the concept, binotto assured everyone that this is the way to go with the new rules at the start of 2019 fully knowing that it would lock the team down a particular path depending on the philosophy they choose. Now halfway through the 2020 season there's been a change in the development philosophy of the whole car after "simulations". Ever since this guy has come in he's been useless in fact he's as useful as a chocolate fireguard. Goodness knows what he's doing as TP he's an engine guy not involved in the politics of F1 much. At least when we had Maurizio we could see natural progression from year to year, i.e. 2016, 2017, 2018. Some of MA decisions should have been more clinical but you had the feeling he could deal with the Politics of other teams plus could play hardball with liberty media and FIA especially when future direction is concerned. This binotto guy always downplaying everything so if something goes wrong he has an exit clause and can say "well look I mentioned this at start of season we had problems with calibration simualtion blah blah blah". But as the saying goes, fail to prepare properly, prepare to fail. Binotto reminds me of Fernando Alonso 2.0 but more extreme in that the things he says are of negative mindset/philosophy so if it goes wrong it's not on his shoulders if it goes right he looks like a genius who's brought Ferrari some success.

Does not sound very reassuring.

Damage limitation entire season..!!

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Damage limitation entire season..!!
    It is very simple that Mr.Binotto should go home, his leader is so .....

Sponsor Weichai has disappeared from the SF1000.

https://cdn-1.motorsport.com/images/...rari-sf100.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EcEbocqW...jpg&name=large (taped up on Leclerc's arm)
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 4th July 2020 at 08:55.

Binotto has only made the team go backwards, he's better off behind the scenes, seems to be out of depth as team principle. Should get a new one imo
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

Fingers crossed

Pre-AustrianGP 2020 week 1--->"According to the rumors that have been collected by Motorsport a part of the upgrade work of Simone Resta & the engineers in charge of correcting the errors of the SF1000 could arrive one week earlier."

If it's true that would mean Race 2 in Spielberg next week.

Fingers crossed

Pre-AustrianGP 2020 week 1--->"According to the rumors that have been collected by Motorsport a part of the upgrade work of Simone Resta & the engineers in charge of correcting the errors of the SF1000 could arrive one week earlier."

Hope there is no asterisk next to it stating the gain is worth a massive 2 tenths.

Fingers crossed

doent really care if it cames 1 week earlier, only to give us the performance boost to fight equaly with the Mercs!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

doent really care if it cames 1 week earlier, only to give us the performance boost to fight equaly with the Mercs!!!!
    I don’t think it will give any equality. We missed the new Engine spec to bring in & now we need to comply with the same spec which we used for winter testing entire season. Where as rivals did bring new spec on top of winter testing.

I don’t think it will give any equality. We missed the new Engine spec to bring in & now we need to comply with the same spec which we used for winter testing entire season. Where as rivals did bring new spec on top of winter testing.
    i thought we brought a new pu here !!!!??!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Nope... it’s the same spec

We didn't sadly

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Nope... it’s the same spec
    Did they give reason why...?