Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari 2020 Challenger Thread

Ferrari, the new simulator ready at the end of the year. It is needed for the 2022 machine

https://www.corriere.it/sport/formul...mpression=true

One of the reasons for Ferrari's current technical delay is the lack of correlation between the data from the computers, the wind tunnel and those on the track. A formula that we have heard many times, this season already in the first test laps in Barcelona at the end of February.
    As part of the investments for 2022, the year of the change in the rules that should represent the turning point in Maranello's plans , there is the new simulator. He will retire the "spider" who occupies a huge room inside the Ges: a system capable of reproducing even lateral forces (G), now outdated.
    Construction of the new simulator will end at the end of this year, but then the development and fine-tuning phase of the software will begin : so it will be operational from mid-2021.
    So it will be used for the 2022 single-seater, different in characteristics from the current ones: with simplified aerodynamics to re-propose the ground effect in an attempt to favor overtaking on the track. Rory Byrne, the brilliant engineer of the Schumacher era will also be involved in the project: "When you start from a blank sheet - explained Binotto - you need experienced people to help draw the lines". It is an important and expensive investment, we are talking about several million euros spent on hardware but above all for "tailor-made" software.

Binotto has just said in an interview that excessive tire wear is the main problem and so far they can't get it corrected . The new up grades according to Bonitto will not help solve that problem. No matter what Binotto says or doesn't do will never get me to not look forward to the next races. The podium is still there for Charles!!! Lewis won a race with 3 tires !!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Binotto has just said in an interview that excessive tire wear is the main problem and so far they can't get it corrected . The new up grades according to Bonitto will not help solve that problem. No matter what Binotto says or doesn't do will never get me to not look forward to the next races. The podium is still there for Charles!!! Lewis won a race with 3 tires !!
    We know

Oh and he still had 4 tyres, just one was a bit flat though.

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    We know

Oh and he still had 4 tyres, just one was a bit flat though.
    A tire is a tire if you can drive on it! I still say he did it with 3 tires. Binotto seems to be sure Ferrari's tires although not blown out are just as bad as Lewis tire, a bit flat! Binotto has a solid contract with Ferrari.

Why does Binotto keep adding updates when he states clearly that they will do nothing to help the current situation with the sf 1000.I find that rather strange I would hate to see him making a pizza he would just keep on adding ingredients the end result being a flop.Sound familiar.?

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Why does Binotto keep adding updates when he states clearly that they will do nothing to help the current situation with the sf 1000.I find that rather strange I would hate to see him making a pizza he would just keep on adding ingredients the end result being a flop.Sound familiar.?
    Why ,have you seeing any updates???!!!!!
    And now in Sochi I bet we will need a magnified glass to spot them.But I dont really care because I think that in the end he is right at least on this one.Its really pointless and useless to throw resources on this car. At least we can try something more for next year although even for then a dont hope much!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Binotto: "For 2021, a brand new engine will be there, we are working very hard on the dyno and we are developing it as much as we can, a few freedom on the aero next year too. Our objective is to make sure next year is a better season compared to the current one. And then we got 2022, which I think is a fantastic and incredible discontinuity: new cars, new regs, new shapes, new aero. We will start on the 1st of January to work on the 2022 car. Our objectives is to be the strongest by then [2022]. Ferrari is a young team today, as we got young drivers. We are creating our own experience. It may take some time, need patience but we are creating solid foundations on the base of young organizations and young drivers."

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Binotto: "For 2021, a brand new engine will be there, we are working very hard on the dyno and we are developing it as much as we can, a few freedom on the aero next year too. Our objective is to make sure next year is a better season compared to the current one. And then we got 2022, which I think is a fantastic and incredible discontinuity: new cars, new regs, new shapes, new aero. We will start on the 1st of January to work on the 2022 car. Our objectives is to be the strongest by then [2022]. Ferrari is a young team today, as we got young drivers. We are creating our own experience. It may take some time, need patience but we are creating solid foundations on the base of young organizations and young drivers."
    Talk about hyping the 2022 season, there's no guarantee that anything can be taken seriously until the cars get on track and judging by recent seasons, I can't bring myself to expect a championship-winning car out of the box. I am pleased that some optimism is coming out of Binotto but he has to deliver big time, if he's still there!

Still don't understand this strategy, why bother investing in 2021 and why not just focus on 2022... of course we don't know if he's just saying that for sponsorship reasons, etc.... but if we see next year that they did divert resources knowing they weren't going to win the title, it would have been a missed opportunity to invest more heavily in 2022....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Talk about hyping the 2022 season, there's no guarantee that anything can be taken seriously until the cars get on track and judging by recent seasons, I can't bring myself to expect a championship-winning car out of the box. I am pleased that some optimism is coming out of Binotto but he has to deliver big time, if he's still there!
    This will be the question after next season & 2022 testing performance.
    Camilleri said don’t expect wins for 2yrs. Project is for long-term, which means ferrari 2022 car should be a winner at any cost. If it doesn’t, we will see another cycle of reshuffling positions.

Ferrari is a young team today, as we got young drivers. We are creating our own experience. It may take some time, need patience but we are creating solid foundations on the base of young organizations and young drivers."

Last year he did blame Arrivabene, now excuse is "young drivers".

Difficult to like this guy.

I thought some work had already started on designing the 2022 car.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Ferrari is a young team today, as we got young drivers. We are creating our own experience. It may take some time, need patience but we are creating solid foundations on the base of young organizations and young drivers."

What did he blame or say about Arrivabene?

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    According to FIA rules, no team is allowed to start the development Until next season.

I think he’s coming up with lot of excuses. Trying to form a group around him for his hold.

What did he blame or say about Arrivabene?
    maybe you remember this and other stuff from 2019- 'Why are we so slow?'
    so Binotto did blame Arrivabenes team for bad design or something like that, it was like_ It is not my fault, Arrivabene made this car
    anyways, I do not like this guy, at all, I do not hate him, but I really dont like him

Except Mercedes ��

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23;10Except Mercedes Benz
    According to FIA rules, no team is allowed to start the development Until next season.

you mean like the rumors that Rory Byrne is working hard on the new car's aero for 2022????? i think is all smoke an mirrors if you ask me.....

Some positivity and optimism for a change. Good to hear.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Still don't understand this strategy, why bother investing in 2021 and why not just focus on 2022... of course we don't know if he's just saying that for sponsorship reasons, etc.... but if we see next year that they did divert resources knowing they weren't going to win the title, it would have been a missed opportunity to invest more heavily in 2022....
    Because it's not good for Ferrari and for F1 for Ferrari to wallow at the back of the grid for a complete season. We already know that many folks here won't watch a single 2021 race if Ferrari is an almost guaranteed back marker for all of them.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Doesn't matter how much healthier a person is, if the heart is weak. Same applies to F1 cars, a strong engine can cover and solve many problems, but a weaker engine is the cause of the most problems.
    Our current situation and 90% of the current problems will get solve with a powerful engine. I've high hopes for next years engine.

A bit of a off-topic: The SF1000 looked awesome with the one-off 1000 race livery.

Good to hear that We are developing all new engine from scratch

Honesty guys, I still believe that we are good at building engines. That's one area of optimism for me going forward. As far as the engine is concerned, we'll definitely bounce back.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Honesty guys, I still believe that we are good at building engines. That's one area of optimism for me going forward. As far as the engine is concerned, we'll definitely bounce back.
    Yep we will be back on track with the new engine.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Next year could be a surprise.

The 2019 chassis was not great and the engine overcame those problems. This year's car with the 2019 engine would have probably been able to fight for race wins.

Ferrari are building a completely new engine, the current engine was rushed due to the sudden changes in regs, so I think there's a good chance next year's engine could be competitive again.

This is a thought that cropped up in my head, but did Nikolas Tombazis leave ferrari to go to Manor under a cloud? I dont remeber but with him working with the FIA, I wonder if this pay-back. Back in 2016, he would have known atleast some of the lines of development, prior to his departure.

This year's car with the 2019 engine would have probably been able to fight for race wins.
    I dont think so, because looks like Alfa Romeo is beating Ferrari now and then.

I dont think so, because looks like Alfa Romeo is beating Ferrari now and then.
    your're wrong mate....ferrari had to trim excessive amounts of downforce and drag that was initially on the sf1000.....because they realized that the engine is a donkey and had a LOT of drag to carry around the track because the chassis and car as a whole was designed to run with a STALLION.....

that's why the Alfa is better at some tracks.....had ferrari been able to keep their 2019 engine, it would have been a different picture being painted this year

onwards and upwards i guess.....roll on 2021 when we'll have A BRAND NEW ENGINE DESIGNED FROM SCRATCH