Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192031 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari 2020 Challenger Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Launch date, lads?
    February 11th
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Take what is said with a grain of salt.All Ferrari f1 conversation from Binnotto etc is just filling in the spaces of reporters.Dont worry ferrari will come out swinging, BINOTTO has learnt the Toto wolf game very well, after all he has been taught from the champ himself.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Bold prediction, but I think it's going to be red!
    Lets not do this again this year.
    Can we wait and make comments after 1st race of season?

Leclerc looks to influence balance setup with Ferrari 2020 car

Charles Leclerc says with a full year of experience at Ferrari both he and the team have a greater understanding on what he wants from its 2020 Formula 1 car, with a particular focus on finding a comfortable balance in its setup.

Heading into his third season in F1 and second year at Ferrari, Leclerc is eager to play a key role within the development of its 2020 F1 car in order to find the full potential across pre-season testing and the opening races.

While Leclerc appreciates the design work is led by Ferrari’s engineering heads, he feels F1 drivers can provide greater understanding and influence when setting up a car and finding optimum balance for each drivers’ preferences. Last season’s Ferrari SF90 had a predominately looser rear than its predecessor SF71H which appeared to offer a balance less suited by Sebastian Vettel compared to his teammate Leclerc.

“On the direction of the car design it is more about the balance that you want,” Leclerc said at the Autosport International show during a fan Q&A.

“Different drivers have their preferences in balance, whether they want a more oversteering car or more understeering car, and now the team knows me a little bit better they know what I want from the car so they try to build the car around that so we can find that balance.

“Then we change the last details with the setup and the freedom that we have with the setup of the car. On the car design itself we don’t have much influence but mostly it is on the balance which depends on different drivers.

“In aerodynamics or balance coming through the corner, or you change the level of aerodynamics you have on the car, so high downforce or low downforce but this is more down to the engineers to change that. It is more down to the driver’s feeling with the balance of the car.”

Fresh from signing a new five-year Ferrari deal, Leclerc will be aiming to build on his solid first year at the Scuderia which saw him beat Vettel to fourth place in the F1 world drivers' standings.

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/935508...rrari-2020-car
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Vettel would've been a bit better....if he asked Hamilton some advice about how to do wheel-wheel without crashing or how to make the car stronger. Think about it, ever since Hamilton left Mclaren for Mercedes, Mclaren gone downhill and Mercedes became the dominant force in F1. I mean you wouldn't suspect Hamilton be a great car developer, but seeing the amount titles he has won and backed up by all the evidence...he must be one hell of a development driver!

And I believe Binotto should concentrate on building the strongest car possible, and forget about making the car more suitable for Vettel. I mean if you try to make the car more tailored around the slower driver, it will obviously not going to be quick enough! So there you go....Binotto has all the help available, all he has to do is make the car more suitable for Charles, you know, the faster driver and Ferrari's number 1.
    Attributing Merc's progress to Hamilton alone is a big mistake. One should take into account the people Mercedes has hired in the progress.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Give Seb a dominant, strong rear-stable and reliable car and he will deliver the title.
    And that makes Seb special , how exactly?
    On the other hand, Charles on his first year in Ferrari, never been in a top tier team before , destroyed a 4WDC , without any help from his team (quite the contrary, at least at first) driving the same car with his team mate.

Now, that is special.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    True, but that can be said of almost any and every F1 driver. What highlights a truly great driver is his ability to win in almost the best car.
    EDIT: just saw Junior’s post above. Great minds
    Exactly my point of view. Nothing against Seb, but seriously....

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Attributing Merc's progress to Hamilton alone is a big mistake. One should take into account the people Mercedes has hired in the progress.
    Forget Lewis being the main ingredient in Merc's success beside his driving. Toto Wolf swears that Michael's 2 years with Merc is what made the Merc team, the best it could be. He taught the main people everything he knew and how to do it . Look at the results ! German to German had to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Forget Lewis being the main ingredient in Merc's success beside his driving. Toto Wolf swears that Michael's 2 years with Merc is what made the Merc team, the best it could be. He taught the main people everything he knew and how to do it . Look at the results ! German to German had to help.
    Lewis was an ingredient. Maybe the engine played a bigger part though.

I'm taking this news with a grain of salt........for the moment.

"Autobild learned from reliable sources within Ferrari: The new car with the code name 671, which will be presented on February 11, allegedly caused head shaking among the engineers in the wind tunnel."

https://www.autobild.de/artikel/form...-16294745.html

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EO1AnaVWkAAmUz-.jpg
    It's not how start but how you finish.

New year same problems whats new eh, oh yeah the year .
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Unfortunately, this kind of bad rumours have being proven right in the last 10 years. It's like we are doomed to fail. When there are good rumours coming from sources here and there, they end up not 100% right only partly. And when they say ,like this year that we have problems they end up 100% right !!!!!!!!!!
    For years I use to really believe that bad rumors are either us sandbagging, or just bad journalism. Unfortunately not any more. Now I m seriously afraid that that's the case ,and we will be once again really bad ,especially in the 1st pat of the season!!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

At least on a good note, Ferrari got Charles to sign up through 2024.

Ferrari engineers heads in the wind tunell were going up and down in a positive action and not side to side being negeative.That reliable source turrini should learn to read head movements.Or they were selling a complete dummy were bad is good and good is bad secret code.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Unfortunately, this kind of bad rumours have being proven right in the last 10 years. It's like we are doomed to fail. When there are good rumours coming from sources here and there, they end up not 100% right only partly. And when they say ,like this year that we have problems they end up 100% right !!!!!!!!!!
    For years I use to really believe that bad rumors are either us sandbagging, or just bad journalism. Unfortunately not any more. Now I m seriously afraid that that's the case ,and we will be once again really bad ,especially in the 1st pat of the season!!!!!!!
    Having experienced both positive and negative preseason rumours have won nothing for us in the last 10 years. So lets take it as it comes and hope we have a good year.

I’ve read more and more articles on legit sites saying that Ferrari may not like the numbers they see in the simulator and wind tunnel they got....and some of those rumours say that the car actually may have a design flaw...God I hope not...could this actually be true?? Or is Mattia playing the Totto wolf game??
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

More reports coming in saying data from wind tunnel is worse than thought. Ferrari has gone Red Bull way in creating car and has made mistakes and now struggling to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    I’ve read more and more articles on legit sites saying that Ferrari may not like the numbers they see in the simulator and wind tunnel they got....and some of those rumours say that the car actually may have a design flaw...God I hope not...could this actually be true?? Or is Mattia playing the Totto wolf game??
    Mattia is too soft, he speaks truth in public without hiding anything. There is 1 saint in Formula 1 and his name is Mattia Binotto.

Ferrari have had wind tunnel issues from the start, it seems this is one aspect they cannot nail down.... these are just rumors though...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

I referred to this rumour a week or so ago and it now seems there may be some truth in it, another disaster if that's the case. The new wind tunnel isn't operative until the Spring but you'd have thought by now that the designers would be aware of incorrect correlation earlier than this, just 3 weeks before the car is unveiled. But then nothing would surprise me and it could just be a ploy to downplay our chances. If not, we're stuffed at the start of the season, again.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    February 11th
    Grazie, fratello!

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    And that makes Seb special , how exactly?
    On the other hand, Charles on his first year in Ferrari, never been in a top tier team before , destroyed a 4WDC , without any help from his team (quite the contrary, at least at first) driving the same car with his team mate.

Now, that is special.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Ferrari news 24 Article I smell a rat at maranallo.Why would Ferrari leak to the world that they have ****ed up there car before the season even starts.They are selling stories.In the Michael Schumacher era they did the same then blew every body away to kingdom come.Iam with the rat theory.Besides there car launch is going to be spectacular now ask your self is this how you introduce a so called Ferrari lemon to the world.?

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I referred to this rumour a week or so ago and it now seems there may be some truth in it, another disaster if that's the case. The new wind tunnel isn't operative until the Spring but you'd have thought by now that the designers would be aware of incorrect correlation earlier than this, just 3 weeks before the car is unveiled. But then nothing would surprise me and it could just be a ploy to downplay our chances. If not, we're stuffed at the start of the season, again.
    We will a new simulator, not a new wind tunnel!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Ferrari has developed 2 cars after testing the will choose the direction to take.This is not new mercedes did this in 2019 when testing was not so good they went to plan B which was better than ferraris plan A.

RED MIST: I SMELL A RAT AT MARANELLO

Is Ferrari spinning a safe yarn on its 2020 potential? If you were developing a brand new Formula 1 car and the **** just hit the wind tunnel fan, would you tell the world your car is crap weeks before it even turned a wheel? Neither would I.

And I smell a rat at Maranello.

GP247 reported further Maranello development issues allegedly being exposed in Maranello’s 2020 challenger a little earlier today, citing Ferrari affairs guru Leo Turrini as saying team wind tunnel data “has not impressed the engineers” based on tales of struggling to induce rake and to get the aero to click at the same time.

In fact, German rag Auto Bild now goes on to promise that the woes are indeed actually “worse” than anticipated, just weeks ahead of launch.

Now I ask you with tears in my eyes, what the hell is going on?

Why tell the world you are useless and embarrass yourself before you can even show you are stupid? Follow my logic? If we suddenly discovered that my son’s little Golf 1 we race at in the local GTi Challenge in Cape Town could not make the regulation power or weight, would we go blag about it? Hell no! Why would we?

And why would anyone know anything about the next grand prix Ferrari? I promise you they do not. Unless there’s a rat.

So. What really is going on?

My take? I think someone at Maranello has been perusing old Schumacher Superteam pre-season media releases. Remember those days?

When Ferrari said nothing in particular and then just went and blew them so far into the weeds that the cows could not even find them. Now that’s effective PR: under-promise and over-deliver. Can’t beat it. Promise.

So what is happening here in my mind is someone has seen some really encouraging data and rather than go create huge expectation, they told the PR some old tale of woe and now they are leaking the tragic fake news to the world.

Not only is that perfect clickbait according to the old ‘all news is good news’ adage, but now everyone already expects Ferrari to struggle with the Haases and Alfas — or is that Alphas — while old Lewis trots off unchallenged into the sunset breaking every F1 record imaginable as the year goes on.

Which is good, just in case Ferrari really has cocked it up. And even better of Maranello really is right on it and Seb and Carlito will have a horse under them that not even the handicappers can curb. Now wouldn’t that just be lovely. I just hope I’m right — bring it on!

https://www.grandprix247.com/2020/01...-at-maranello/
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    We will a new simulator, not a new wind tunnel!!!
    Sorry, my mistake, if it's just the simulator that's not probably too crucial but even so, I hope the 'smelling a rat' theory is correct and that we will have a plan A or B car that can give our drivers what they need.

Let Charles challenge Seb every race,unless it's all Seb, pole and lead at the start. It's impossible to believe Ferrari can't build and send out a car worthy of the top 3 contenders. If R Bull Honda can come out of nowhere in 1 yr. and be a top contender with their engine and team in general, Ferrari has to be as good. Send Binotto through the wind tunnel and see if that helps wake him up !

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Ferrari has developed 2 cars after testing the will choose the direction to take.This is not new mercedes did this in 2019 when testing was not so good they went to plan B which was better than ferraris plan A.
    Not quite. Merc released a B-spec car at the 2nd test (which they were always planning to do). The reason why they released it later is because they needed more development time.

Is Ferrari just fine tuning the 2019 car ,or are they developing a car with major changes esp. that missing down force?