Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181930 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari 2020 Challenger Thread

And to worsen things
    Rumors say that Mercedes got indications/data (2020 car) from their bench tests that are even higher than the project forecasts.

The new 2020 car will be a strong evolution. A renewed cooling system is said to be helping the PU issues from last year...

#F1 #Mercedes
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I'll only get worried once Toto starts rambling about us being the team to beat and them being underdog.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    And to worsen things
    There is always next year. Testing starts in 13 months.

Quote Originally Posted by RM-Ferrari View Post
    Ferrari has passed the crash tests from the first attempt

http://scuderiafans.com/the-2020-fer...a-crash-tests/
    Must have been Vettel driving

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by alfa84 View Post
    Ferrari is a superstar racer! Its more like Juventus FC we get only the best. That's why Ham need ferrari and Ferrari need Ham. We have to try this teamwork. Vettel has nothing more to give and we need the best.
    Fixed for you. You’re welcome

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I'll only get worried once Toto starts rambling about us being the team to beat and them being underdog.
    Come testing he will say that.
    The same flow will be followed by Mr Marko...

Dr Death is never to far away always lurking around like a bad smell.

Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Fixed for you. You’re welcome
    Thank You. My mistake. I'm a Juve fan

Someone who reports F-1 for the Italian press should interview Lewis and trick him into giving his opinions on down force and how it's done with his car. Then send the interview right over tp Binotto. He needs all the help he can get. Although he is now a year more experienced at the Ferrari helm. SEb can't run everything and then be expected to also drive in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Someone who reports F-1 for the Italian press should interview Lewis and trick him into giving his opinions on down force and how it's done with his car. Then send the interview right over tp Binotto. He needs all the help he can get. Although he is now a year more experienced at the Ferrari helm. SEb can't run everything and then be expected to also drive in peace.
    Vettel would've been a bit better....if he asked Hamilton some advice about how to do wheel-wheel without crashing or how to make the car stronger. Think about it, ever since Hamilton left Mclaren for Mercedes, Mclaren gone downhill and Mercedes became the dominant force in F1. I mean you wouldn't suspect Hamilton be a great car developer, but seeing the amount titles he has won and backed up by all the evidence...he must be one hell of a development driver!

And I believe Binotto should concentrate on building the strongest car possible, and forget about making the car more suitable for Vettel. I mean if you try to make the car more tailored around the slower driver, it will obviously not going to be quick enough! So there you go....Binotto has all the help available, all he has to do is make the car more suitable for Charles, you know, the faster driver and Ferrari's number 1.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Come testing he will say that.
    The same flow will be followed by Mr Marko...
    Oh well.

But seriously, I'm not worried....or should I say not worried yet. This is off season, and people like Turini needs clicks to survive. And I'm not buying the crap that someone within Ferrari supplying him with all sorts of confidential data. I pretty sure everyone at Ferrari signed NDA, and leaking data or info to the press is a severe breach of the contract.

Don't believe anything from "insiders" or "people with sources" until Australia FP1.

Quote Originally Posted by alfa84 View Post
    Thank You. My mistake. I'm a Juve fan
    Attaboy!

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Vettel would've been a bit better....if he asked Hamilton some advice about how to do wheel-wheel without crashing or how to make the car stronger. Think about it, ever since Hamilton left Mclaren for Mercedes, Mclaren gone downhill and Mercedes became the dominant force in F1. I mean you wouldn't suspect Hamilton be a great car developer, but seeing the amount titles he has won and backed up by all the evidence...he must be one hell of a development driver!

And I believe Binotto should concentrate on building the strongest car possible, and forget about making the car more suitable for Vettel. I mean if you try to make the car more tailored around the slower driver, it will obviously not going to be quick enough! So there you go....Binotto has all the help available, all he has to do is make the car more suitable for Charles, you know, the faster driver and Ferrari's number 1.
    Great post. It makes allot of sense esp. Binotto making the car right for Charles. Seb for the most part had Binotto on his needs car wise all 2019 and not much help. Charles was on his own and came through big time.

They will tell turrini anything he is known as a serial pest, good old uncle Leo the fastest reporter on all things nonsical.He has no internal contacts at Ferrari and at best just makes it up as he goes along, That's wy he is only an outer ring person and is kept well away from the maranallo nerve centre.Always remember a closed mouth catches no flies.

Give Seb a dominant, strong rear-stable and reliable car and he will deliver the title.

Give Charles a fair deal at who's on first, during the races and he; as he has done last season will deliver maybe not the title but the best Ferrari can do. Binotto has been worse than the lack of down force with regards to Charles getting a fair shake. But regardless as we fans all know last season he even beat his team mate all around. Let's hope this coming season besides the car , Ferrari gets the driver situation under control. One two finishes get the most points regardless of who's on 1st !

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Give Seb a dominant, strong rear-stable and reliable car and he will deliver the title.
    Not if Leclerc beats him! (as he did last year)

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard Berger View Post
    Not if Leclerc beats him! (as he did last year)
    And let's not forget the SF70 and SF71-H, two great cars wasted by Vettel. And in 2018, Vettel never had any engine or mechanical related DNF.

And let's not forget the SF70 and SF71-H, two great cars wasted by Vettel. And in 2018, Vettel never had any engine or mechanical related DNF.
    Agree, if we had Charles then, he surely would have challenged Hamilton for championship...all Seb did with those great cars was getting tangled in wheel to wheel racing, spinning like a ballerina he is and coming out worse then the other guy he was racing against

Maybe this year will be different, we’ll see....if Ferrari produces a good car, we’ll see who of the two drivers will come out on top...but deep down I think I already know
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

You could say the same thing about almost half of the field. Someone who gets paid $50 million a year should be able to take a good car and MAKE it dominant.

Quote Originally Posted by JuniorUS View Post
    You could say the same thing about almost half of the field. Someone who gets paid $50 million a year should be able to take a good car and MAKE it dominant.
    yeah, but that someone ain't Alonso who can drive the wheels of a car, literally....the way he did in 2012.....that car was NOT anywhere near fast and competitive the way red bull and mclaren were in 2012....yet alonso almost won the WDC if it wasn't for Crashjean's bone move in Spa where he lost enough points, enough to lose the WDC by then end of the year....

and all that with a car that was arguibly the 3rd best car on the grid.....yet Alonso put that mule of a car in places it did NOT deserve...

oh well.....it;s all water under the bridge....onwards and upwards...
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

True, but that can be said of almost any and every F1 driver. What highlights a truly great driver is his ability to win in almost the best car.
    EDIT: just saw Junior’s post above. Great minds

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Great minds, great post! Very well said. !,2 Ferrari finishes either driver on 1st. will do it for the WCC !!!!

The problem with 2019 car it was at front,it was understeer and drivers was trying with power oversteer to minimise it.If give Seb a good car to deliver the title maybe is easer to Leclerc to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Agree, if we had Charles then, he surely would have challenged Hamilton for championship...all Seb did with those great cars was getting tangled in wheel to wheel racing, spinning like a ballerina he is and coming out worse then the other guy he was racing against

Maybe this year will be different, we’ll see....if Ferrari produces a good car, we’ll see who of the two drivers will come out on top...but deep down I think I already know
    If Ferrari produces a great car (mind you we need a great car for the WDC/WCC, a good car isn't good enough!), then Leclerc's advantage over Vettel will only get bigger.

whatever car is, I believe Charles would beat Seb anyway. I remember about last couple times, there was a guy in this room he posted the information about Charlec when he drove for Alpha, then testing for Ferrari (2017,2018) always better than Seb in the same car.

If Ferrari produces a great car (mind you we need a great car for the WDC/WCC, a good car isn't good enough!), then Leclerc's advantage over Vettel will only get bigger.
    Binotto already said he's giving up on " A great car" for a few years. How can that statement be of any help to Ferrari ? Esp. to Charles, knowing he signed up for the next few years? I'm sure the likes of Lewis and Max are up to date on Binotto's estimations on how strong their competition @ Ferrari will be.

There is no excuse for Binotto to say that he's giving up on a 'a great car' for a few years, unless he's deliberately playing down our chances. We cannot wait any longer for a WDC/WCC, excuses are just unacceptable.

Launch date, lads?

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus