Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242536 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari 2020 Challenger Thread

Nr 5 in front and Nr 16 is behind.........

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    that rake is HUGE......

Did we had a high rake car in 2017? And low in 2019?

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    OK, now we wait for Australian Q3 to see how fast it really is!
    And ignore all the pre-season hype....or doom and gloom. The real picture will be revealed at Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    And ignore all the pre-season hype....or doom and gloom. The real picture will be revealed at Australia.
    +1
    It's not how start but how you finish.

that rake is HUGE......
    Maybe. But rakes's aren't everything, last years Mercedes had low rake and we all know how well it performed in low-medium speed corners.

EXACTLY....testing is always testing.....it gives you an idea, but NOT the real picture as everyone is doing/testing somethig different.....Q3 in OZ will tell us where we stand against the competition.....actually more like after 3-4 races into the season we'll know how GOOD we are
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Maybe. But rakes's aren't everything, last years Mercedes had low rake and we all know how well it performed in low-medium speed corners.
    that's becasue their WHOLE CONCEPT is and has always been around LOW rake.....that's how their car has been designed eversince 2014
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

EXACTLY....testing is always testing.....it gives you an idea, but NOT the real picture as everyone is doing/testing somethig different.....Q3 in OZ will tell us where we stand against the competition.....actually more like after 3-4 races into the season we'll know how GOOD we are
    Can we for once know how good we are right from the start ? Hate having to wait a few races to find out we are slow.

that rake is HUGE......
    Yeah I saw that detail too.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Hopefully it s better in the corners and it uses the tires properly.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Can we for once know how good we are right from the start ? Hate having to wait a few races to find out we are slow.
    Unfortunately, that's the nature of the business. Testng is just about mileage and laps......plus new aero....that's it.

Give it 3 or 4 races to see where we stand.

I'm curious to find out if we kept the engine advantage over the other teams or even improved on the power.

**** is going to hit the fan if the other teams call us cheaters.

Comparosin between the SF-90 vs SF-1000 (front view)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQg9cdfX0AA6pdv.jpg

side view

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQg-0ahXkAsqLzv.jpg
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 11th February 2020 at 17:40.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Unfortunately, that's the nature of the business. Testng is just about mileage and laps......plus new aero....that's it.

Give it 3 or 4 races to see where we stand.
    3-4 races is not required. Race pace in Australia will determine the pecking order. The last time Ferrari had Mercedes esque race pace in Australia was back in 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    3-4 races is not required. Race pace in Australia will determine the pecking order. The last time Ferrari had Mercedes esque race pace in Australia was back in 2017.
    not necessarily, bare in mind that Australia is not really a designated F1 track....it is half race track half street circuit....so that is why 3-4 races is need to TRULY show the pecking order of the TOP GUNS...

The interest level in Ferrari is really dwindling judging by the lack of posts here today... seems a lot of people have resigned themselves to a poor 2020 season...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

It looks very similar to 2019, I just hope what they’ve done is leaps and bounds better internally to give us the wins this season. I’m holding my reservations until after a couple races.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    The interest level in Ferrari is really dwindling judging by the lack of posts here today... seems a lot of people have resigned themselves to a poor 2020 season...
    More likely because of Vettel hate. It is just ridiculous sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by ferenc_k View Post
    That's the reason all the topics in this wonderfull site are contaminated for all the nonsense ******** discussion about drivers. This place isn't enjoyable anymore. A pitty

I stuck it out for years here with all the never ending everyday , Rubens ... . I was the "Only fan " he had here. Contaminated ! Wow that says it all. Rubens did what he was told , move over. Seb did nothing he's supposed to do. Continue winning for his new team , Ferrari. $50 million !!!!!!

Actually, what's stinking up the forum is all of you fanboys labeling legitimate criticism of a VERY well-paid driver's poor performance as "Vettel hate".

Quote Originally Posted by JuniorUS View Post
    Actually, what's stinking up the forum is all of you fanboys labeling legitimate criticism of a VERY well-paid driver's poor performance as "Vettel hate".
    exactly, i personally don't hate Vettel.....it's just NOT right gettling paid so many gazillions and UNDER performing.....that is why i;m getting peeved....
    if he was performing adn getting the absolute everything out of the car then yeah, i'd be somewhat OK wiht his salary.....but no, he's not doing that...

i understand that Ferrari has had issues with last year's car, but at least beat yoru own teammate who was ONLY getting paid 3 million a year and totally showed a 4 x WDC how it's done

Quote Originally Posted by JuniorUS View Post
    Ferrari’s poor performance and pathetic management is the source of the stench.
    It has been much too long since the team was truly a championship contender.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I am hoping interest and posts pick up once the season starts. Currently, almost all threads are hijacked by Seb vs Charles discussions which is quite a sad state of affairs on this forum.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

True story, because of some "repetitive" members I left the forum for a few months. And when I came back I saw nothing has changed, its again the same story. Different time, same posters.

The 2020 car looks very solid, and its very tight at the rear. If really the car is more based toward the high-rake and with shorter-wheel base, this might give us more rear traction in slow corners. And Seb was very good there in 2015, 2017 with similar car characteristics. We have a good engine, now all we need is to improve our downforce, strategy, its not so easy, but I am sure we can strike back.

Forza Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    True story, because of some "repetitive" members I left the forum for a few months. And when I came back I saw nothing has changed, its again the same story. Different time, same posters.

The 2020 car looks very solid, and its very tight at the rear. If really the car is more based toward the high-rake and with shorter-wheel base, this might give us more rear traction in slow corners. And Seb was very good there in 2015, 2017 with similar car characteristics. We have a good engine, now all we need is to improve our downforce, strategy, its not so easy, but I am sure we can strike back.

Forza Ferrari.
    Car looks good, hoping for the development to keep up all year long... and lastly,without bashing the drivers, here's fingers crossed our pit wall crew has FINALLY learned their errors and is able to support the drivers in the race as they SHOULD!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Comparosin between the SF-90 vs SF-1000 (front view)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQg9cdfX0AA6pdv.jpg

side view

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQg-0ahXkAsqLzv.jpg
    Rear wing much smaller or..optical illusion