Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari 2020 Challenger Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Merc is just copying the great Ferrari wins ,"Rubens might put up a fight ! " Move over, let Michael pass !! It worked for Ferrari . That's how a team, driver wins WDC, WCC , why should Merc do it any different than Ferrari when they were on top ? 7 WDCs 91 wins didn't then and won't now come without a little help from your team mate. I can't wait for the time to pass and Charles will be in that GOAT spot !! And hopefully still with Ferrari.
    seems like a winning strategy. Best to get that implemented for Charles ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    seems like a winning strategy. Best to get that implemented for Charles ASAP.
    As soon as the $50 million salary horror is gone , I believe Charles will indeed have a shot at reaching the GOAT in due time with Ferrari. Binotto is stuck between a rock & a hard place as far as not letting Seb at least feel he's #1 still. The only saving grace we fans have is Charles has no place better to go; even before he signed up for 5 more years with Ferrari. Yes everyone to death and then when he gets in the car, just race to win! It worked for Max.

It’s a horrible situation around the world :(
    But if we look ahead. If the season will start in June, and the 2021 rules will be delayed untill 22, then this years car will be even more important to get right.
    Now there might be more important to develop a DAS system for example.
    If you are able to do it untill June the benefit is that you have it for a lot more races.

Speculating a lot, but these sad times changes everything.

Will the team be doing anything as far as staying ready to drive and the rest of the team staying in shape until the next race is on ?

I doubt teams can do activities under this situation as Europe is locked down now. Prioritize safety and family first more than anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by denskits View Post
    I doubt teams can do activities under this situation as Europe is locked down now. Prioritize safety and family first more than anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Especially the Italian-based teams where their movement is so restricted, it may give the UK-based teams an advantage if movement is not so severely interrupted. Not a level playing field if that's the case.

Ferrari is pretty isolated as it is. Also I guess there are a lot of clever minds that are able to work on the computer from home in a worst case scenario. I doubt competion will rest.

Ferrari should used this time if they are allowed, to work on 2021 car.
    As this season is a going to be a mess.
    Shortened as it is going to be there will be less time to update this years car.
    Changes aren't permanent........But change is.
    ALL LIVES MATTER... EVEN YOURS

Quote Originally Posted by JHAMMER View Post
    Shortened as it is going to be there will be less time to update this years car.
    I’ve heard that they may even delay the new rules aero to 2022 now, as teams won’t have time to design the new car for 2021....so we may see same rules aero in 2021 and 2022 will see the new rules....

I don’t know how accurate it is, but it was rumours
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by JHAMMER View Post
    Sorry to say, Ferrari is now in shut down for atleast 2 weeks.
    Any working is going have to be done at peoples home.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...to-coronavirus

They'll have VPNs to the work computers.

My job, one of my tasks this week is to audit our small work and staff and ensure everyone has everything they need to work from home if it comes to it.

Honestly all of F1 teams factories should be shut down. One getting a development advantage because they are either not in as much risk, or are comfortable with their containment procedures isn't really fair.

They'll have VPNs to the work computers.

My job, one of my tasks this week is to audit our small work and staff and ensure everyone has everything they need to work from home if it comes to it.
    We're doing a practice run right now, 5 days of working from home to see if there are any wrinkles, we'll be in forced quarantine soon over here... they already are shutting down cinemas, restaurants, gyms etc...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    We're doing a practice run right now, 5 days of working from home to see if there are any wrinkles, we'll be in forced quarantine soon over here... they already are shutting down cinemas, restaurants, gyms etc...
    Crazy, never known anything like it.
    There’s not even that many reported cases in Canada.

you know what they say.....better safe than sorry.....
    but in all seriousness, i think it's gotten WAY overboard....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Our population is about 10% that of the US and we have roughly the same percentage of cases... plus it's been going up exponentially over the last few days so we'll hit 500 pretty soon... we are a population of 35m, so we're roughly in the same ball park as others except the big 4...

Since yesterday 20:00 CET, state of emergency is declared in Serbia. Kindergartens, schools, university are now close, people over 65 years old are strongly advised to stay at home. I am going today to work, but I expect that manger will talk to us today, and we are going to be sent home, to work from home.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Since yesterday 20:00 CET, state of emergency is declared in Serbia. Kindergartens, schools, university are now close, people over 65 years old are strongly advised to stay at home. I am going today to work, but I expect that manger will talk to us today, and we are going to be sent home, to work from home.
    Stay safe fratello!! Work is not as important as the safety of the young or the elderly!

Stay safe fratello!! Work is not as important as the safety of the young or the elderly!
    Health above everything. Thank you for your words. From today we work from home.

Everyone BE SAFE!!!!

Back to the subject of the SF1000 and how the engine performance seems to behind Merc/RB and even Racing Point, judging by what we have been reading so far. If this season ever starts, I wonder if there is any hope of Ferrari being in a position to rectify the power disadvantage once the factory and Italy is able to come back to life. If the current tech regs are likely to be with us until 2022, we need to make sure our engine is as good as it was after the summer break 2019, before it was castrated, legally or not!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Back to the subject of the SF1000 and how the engine performance seems to behind Merc/RB and even Racing Point, judging by what we have been reading so far. If this season ever starts, I wonder if there is any hope of Ferrari being in a position to rectify the power disadvantage once the factory and Italy is able to come back to life. If the current tech regs are likely to be with us until 2022, we need to make sure our engine is as good as it was after the summer break 2019, before it was castrated, legally or not!
    We are sandbagging for sure!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nhiepka View Post
    That's a truck load of sand from Binotto !!! I hope Charles is aware of that!!

Quote Originally Posted by nhiepka View Post
    I highly doubt it, fratello.
    Claims of sandbagging are the Bigfoot sightings of F1.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Update....

Ferrari are rumored to be debuting the 2020 PU Evo 2 once the F1 season starts. The PU we saw during testing (Evo 1) will not be used, instead an evolution of that will. This new PU is rumored to be recovering widely the PU loss that happened after the FIA investigations.

The PU Evo 2 still has to complete the bench tests (the factory is closed atm).

Those are the rumors and it is coming from Nugnes so we will see.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Update....

Ferrari are rumored to be debuting the 2020 PU Evo 2 once the F1 season starts. The PU we saw during testing (Evo 1) will not be used, instead an evolution of that will. This new PU is rumored to be recovering widely the PU loss that happened after the FIA investigations.

The PU Evo 2 still has to complete the bench tests (the factory is closed atm).

Those are the rumors and it is coming from Nugnes so we will see.
    This is good news even though we don't know when or if it will actually race! I also read today that Ferrari are tweaking the front suspension and making the nose thinner, presumably more aerodynamic and similar to other teams' noses. I hope we get the chance to see it in action.

According to a news paper in Italy vetal has turned down the Ferrari offer. He was offered1 year deal and 12 million euro.He vetal wants 2 years and to keep a large portion of his 40 million a year deal. Ferrari signalled out 3 drivers who could replace vetal interesting to follow this one.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    According to a news paper in Italy vetal has turned down the Ferrari offer. He was offered1 year deal and 12 million euro.He vetal wants 2 years and to keep a large portion of his 40 million a year deal. Ferrari signalled out 3 drivers who could replace vetal interesting to follow this one.
    First off, who is this guy Vetal you keep talking about?
    Second, I hope he gets the big pointy boot up his **** as he’s well past his due date like an expired bag of milk

Time for Ferrari to either bring Gio on board (which would be a perfect #2 to Charles) or Richiardo who in my eyes is way better then a n expired bag of milk

Bye seb have phun at Mccheats!
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    First off, who is this guy Vetal you keep talking about?
    Second, I hope he gets the big pointy boot up his **** as he’s well past his due date like an expired bag of milk

Time for Ferrari to either bring Gio on board (which would be a perfect #2 to Charles) or Richiardo who in my eyes is way better then a n expired bag of milk
    Vetal is probably the same as Richiardo.....
    Forza Ferrari