Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 71819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari 2020 Challenger Thread

I hope Seb is aware of all the changes and drives accordingly and doesn't spin around. And more important stay clear of Charles' car!

Ferrari reveals 1000th GP celebration livery for F1 Tuscan GP

https://d2d0b2rxqzh1q5.cloudfront.ne...74b049bf0e.jpg

Ferrari has revealed its celebratory livery for its 1000th Formula 1 grand prix at Mugello this weekend.

As revealed by Autosport earlier this week, Ferrari will honour its 1000th race by running a special classic livery design for the Tuscan Grand Prix.

Ferrari announced on Wednesday that both SF1000 cars driven by Charles Leclerc and Sebastian Vettel will race in the burgundy shade that was used on the Ferrari 125 cars the team made its debut with in 1950.

Both Leclerc and Vettel will have special race suits for the race weekend, tying in with the classic livery, which also has retro numbering and a '1000 GP' logo on the engine cover.

"Scuderia Ferrari's 1000th Grand Prix is a very important milestone, therefore it had to be marked in a special way," said Piero Ferrari, vice-chairman of Ferrari.

"That's why we decided to run a unique livery on the cars for this event, with the SF1000s taking to the track at the Mugello Circuit in the Burgundy colour first seen on the 125, the first racing car to carry the Ferrari name.

"Even the look of the race numbers on Charles' and Sebastian's cars will reflect the tradition of the past, giving the impression of being hand painted onto the bodywork, while the drivers' race suits will also match the car colour."

https://d2d0b2rxqzh1q5.cloudfront.ne...910c54b226.jpg

"It's a great honour to be driving a Ferrari in what is the 1000th Grand Prix for this, the longest serving of all Formula 1 teams," said four-time world champion Vettel.

"It will be even more of a pleasure to celebrate this anniversary at the Mugello Circuit and also because, for the first time this season, a few spectators will be allowed into the grandstands."

The Tuscan Grand Prix will be the first race of the 2020 season that fans are able to attend, with close to 3,000 tickets being made available for the event.

"I can't wait to be on track at Mugello with Ferrari," said Leclerc.

"The circuit is really beautiful and on top of that, we are celebrating our team's 1000th GP in Formula 1. I'm also pleased to learn there will be a few thousand fans in the grandstands."

As part of the celebrations, Ferrari junior driver Mick Schumacher will take part in a show run in a Ferrari F2004 - the car his father, Michael, won his record-setting seventh world title - ahead of the race on Sunday.

Ferrari will also hold an event in Florence on Saturday night to mark its 1000th grand prix.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/15...ry-for-mugello
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Safety car pays tribute to Ferrari's men and women. Mugello 2020

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EhfGsTwX...g&name=900x900

Mick to drive his fathers car at Mugello 2020.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EhfQZ6mX...jpg&name=large

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Safety car pays tribute to Ferrari's men and women. Mugello 2020

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EhfGsTwX...g&name=900x900
    Shame it's not actually a Ferrari they're using.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Mick to drive his fathers car at Mugello 2020.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EhfQZ6mX...jpg&name=large
    Awesome! I have something to tune in for!

Leclerc’s helmet

Much as Ferrari's 1000th GP is quite rightly to be celebrated at Mugello, and the car looks fantastic, I'd trade some of that for a competitive car. I hope all the celebrations will continue into the race rather than having to suffer the recent embarrassments again!

Would've much rather seen corso rossa for this race, but yeah nevermind.

Kimi better have a tribute lap with the F2007. People shouldn't forget the oldman's heyday.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Would've much rather seen corso rossa for this race, but yeah nevermind.
    Honestly, I would rather see any color Ferrari, that will take pole and win Sundays race!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Kimi better have a tribute lap with the F2007. People shouldn't forget the oldman's heyday.
    Yeah that would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Honestly, I would rather see any color Ferrari, that will take pole and win Sundays race!!!!
    Mate, the only way that would happen, is if the FIA let us use a joker engine a.k.a. the 2019 engine with the second fuel flow sensor removed....then Ferrari could take pole and win the race....otherwise with the donkey of an engine we have for this year we’ll prolly get lapped by Merc

It's very amusing how fans everywhere else (on Reddit, YouTube, Autosport forums, etc) are wishing ill on Charles just because he is outperforming Seb by quite a margin. Some even speculate about how Carlos will destroy him (he couldn't even beat someone like Hulkenberg fyi). Is it just me or are everyone else trying to lowball him? These people are going to have quite a rude awakening next year.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

It's very amusing how fans everywhere else (on Reddit, YouTube, Autosport forums, etc) are wishing ill on Charles just because he is outperforming Seb by quite a margin. Some even speculate about how Carlos will destroy him (he couldn't even beat someone like Hulkenberg fyi). Is it just me or are everyone else trying to lowball him? These people are going to have quite a rude awakening next year.
    Charles is the future for Ferrari, so ferrari will try to give him the most of the car.
    I have a feeling sainz will also do good but not for 1st place or a win. But a good 2nd role, he has good race craft skills

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Charles is the future for Ferrari, so ferrari will try to give him the most of the car.
    I have a feeling sainz will also do good but not for 1st place or a win. But a good 2nd role, he has good race craft skills
    I agree but my point is that people are just underestimating Charles. I hope Carlos does well too. We need both to do good for the team's success.

Charles will be fine as each race weekend passes it is only making him more resolute.This season can not end quick enough on all fronts.I will be eager to see how an already confident vettal performs.He already has the wind in his sails, he has stated already that Aston Martin is already better positioned than quote the italian team rather cheeky I felt from vettal but not unexpected cant wait for his head to head battles with charles I can only hope that ferrari somehow have a much better car.The current signs are pointing to a positive trajectory.

I agree but my point is that people are just underestimating Charles. I hope Carlos does well too. We need both to do good for the team's success.
    In past what was the case is, there are two star drivers who are fighting for the same 1st place & added to that there’s a pressure to deliver as it is ferrari, on top of that two star drivers challenging themselves to get the top priority in the team.
    This is where vettel failed under pressure, hmm I don’t say failed. Although he didn’t match quali performance, but in race he was there.

Next, in the near future. Ferrari focus is on Leclerc & did sign sainz as a good candidate for bringing home at least few points & doesn’t cause any issue to Leclerc.

Leclerc into 2nd year of Ferrari & 3rd year in F1, had couple of mistakes. It is bound to happen. Now his focus should be when he has the strong car, he needs to deliver it. Else there will be similar situation where Italian media/fans/articles will point at him. I don’t think it’s about underestimating, there’s a lot more on him now. How he carries the team forward during this difficult phase. That’s the quality of a leadership. On this aspect vettel/Kimi excelled, they joined & contributed to team/development of 2017/2018 cars from bad phase 2014/2015/2016.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    In past what was the case is, there are two star drivers who are fighting for the same 1st place & added to that there’s a pressure to deliver as it is ferrari, on top of that two star drivers challenging themselves to get the top priority in the team.
    This is where vettel failed under pressure, hmm I don’t say failed. Although he didn’t match quali performance, but in race he was there.

Next, in the near future. Ferrari focus is on Leclerc & did sign sainz as a good candidate for bringing home at least few points & doesn’t cause any issue to Leclerc.

Leclerc into 2nd year of Ferrari & 3rd year in F1, had couple of mistakes. It is bound to happen. Now his focus should be when he has the strong car, he needs to deliver it. Else there will be similar situation where Italian media/fans/articles will point at him. I don’t think it’s about underestimating, there’s a lot more on him now. How he carries the team forward during this difficult phase. That’s the quality of a leadership. On this aspect vettel/Kimi excelled, they joined & contributed to team/development of 2017/2018 cars from bad phase 2014/2015/2016.
    Good analysis.

Sent from my SM-M215F using Tapatalk

There are a lot of supporters for charles compared to hacks and that is all that they amount to.Charles with a great car will win many many races he is the face of f1 young fast good looking the complete package.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    There are a lot of supporters for charles compared to hacks and that is all that they amount to.Charles with a great car will win many many races he is the face of f1 young fast good looking the complete package.
    But he should get that “great car” right.
    Last edited by nani_s23; 12th September 2020 at 12:00.

Yes he will it will be ferrari mission to deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Yes he will it will be ferrari mission to deliver.
    That's the problem, he has such intense pressure to perform in a below-par Ferrari and is managing to be optimistic but honest, I hope he has the strength to deal with what he's being expected to deliver because he doesn't deserve to be carrying the whole team.

*Random*

You know, like a number of people I've been very critical of Binotto and the team. But now I'm thinking, if the 2020 car was going to be great with the originally planned 2020 engine then it's fair to say the team did very well and were just "unlucky" to have their engine taken away from them. Imagine firing a whole lot of people who actually did a brilliant job but had the rug pulled from under their feet at the last minute. It doesn't make sense actually. And now they find themselves in an unforeseen position of having to build a new PU engine pretty much from scratch, in a few short months. It must be tough for them. Well, I really hope they pull it off. In fact, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and believe that they will.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

As far as next season goes Ferrari should hopefully do a " Merc !" driver wise, no team orders. Carlos needs to start his race knowing he's also there to get as many points for the team and himself. No driver want's to be the inferior driver even if he's just as good given the OK. A few extra points each race can help get Ferrari; the team out from under at least in the top 4 or 5. If Charles is and I believe he is the better of the two; let him prove it. Counting those 1,2 Merc points each race is where Ferrari has to be .

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    *Random*

You know, like a number of people I've been very critical of Binotto and the team. But now I'm thinking, if the 2020 car was going to be great with the originally planned 2020 engine then it's fair to say the team did very well and were just "unlucky" to have their engine taken away from them. Imagine firing a whole lot of people who actually did a brilliant job but had the rug pulled from under their feet at the last minute. It doesn't make sense actually. And now they find themselves in an unforeseen position of having to build a new PU engine pretty much from scratch, in a few short months. It must be tough for them. Well, I really hope they pull it off. In fact, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and believe that they will.
    Binotto pushed the "cheating" to the limit after introducing the 2nd spec in 2019. Everyone was suspicious after that. Also, if you're performing in a grey area like we did you should have a plan B in case you get exposed..

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Binotto pushed the "cheating" to the limit after introducing the 2nd spec in 2019. Everyone was suspicious after that. Also, if you're performing in a grey area like we did you should have a plan B in case you get exposed..
    Exactly, but in our case we had NO plan B if we ever got caught.....which we did

I still think we introduced our spec B engine in 2019 too soon and abruptly....if we were to introduce our fuel flow trickery more gradually, let’s say in terms of 3 to 5 tenths or so race after race, I don’t think it would have raised so many eyebrows so soon or maybe if ever.....but when you gain upwards of a second or more on the straights, of the likes of Merc and red bull would complain

Oh well hopefully lesson learned for Ferrari

We don’t have a perfect Plan A.... even for the plan A, we are still understanding the car. Where does Plan B comes from?

Okay, that's a fair point.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."