Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1197

Thread: Ferrari 2020 Challenger Thread

Bahrain:

Rear end of the SF1000 (Bahrain, High Res)

(4800x2984):

(4800x3200):

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Rear end of the SF1000 (Bahrain, High Res)

(4800x2984):
    https://i.imgur.com/qtXF6zh.jpg

(4800x3200):
    https://i.imgur.com/vCyznAs.jpg
    Jebus....those rear openings are freaking HUGE.....no wonder our aero suck big time....we must have the biggest opening of all 10 teams.....NO??

mind as well run without an engine cover....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Jebus....those rear openings are freaking HUGE.....no wonder our aero suck big time....we must have the biggest opening of all 10 teams.....NO??

The aero is incredibly good, possibly the second best on the grid as seen by it's performance in non power tracks. It is just that we are forced to use inoptimally low levels of downforce to make up for engine performance.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    The aero is incredibly good, possibly the second best on the grid as seen by it's performance in non power tracks. It is just that we are forced to use inoptimally low levels of downforce to make up for engine performance.
    So going by your theory, if we’re getting a good engine next year we should be fighting with Merc for wins?? I’ll believe whe3n I see it mate....

So going by your theory, if we’re getting a good engine next year we should be fighting with Merc for wins?? I’ll believe whe3n I see it mate....
    The Merc engine is so far ahead that I'll doubt it if we'll catch up within a year. But I think we'll beat RedBull mainly because Honda wouldn't care as much as they really would've if they were to stay, it isn't their headache afterall.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

With engine 2022 will ferrari beat Mercedes. 2021 not yet.

You're right, those cooling outlets are huge. Here are Mercedes and Renault works team:

But our aero doesn't suck, it is behind Mercedes but not by much. The SF1000 was actually fastest in many aero demanding corners in previous tracks, based on the F1 live timing mini sector analysis during qualifying.

They are expecting ambient temperature to be around 27-28C here, so the track temperature will go over 40C. I think others are yet to open up the rear bodywork for cooling.

Also both Mercedes and Renault are using dual wastegate, Ferrari only one, interesting.

We’ve only one waste gate last year as well....only 2014-2018 we had 2 wast3 gat3s....not sure what the benefit is....or maybe were at a loss only having one....

Bargeboard area details (High res)

My God that looks complicated, I am looking forward to the 2022 regs when hopefully things may be simpler.

Charles on next years (according to Hamilton, utter garbage) tyres (High Res)

Why are they garbage? I thought Pirelli was gonna keep the tires the same as this year, but instead the cars will have a bit less downforce so that Pirelli would not have to make more durable tires for ONLY one year before concentrating to 18 inch tires....

Or maybe I’m missing something???

Pirelli believes that teams will still make more downforce next year than this year and has a new tire they brought to test. Apparently not too many drivers are impressed by it.

New tyres are apparently 3 kg heaver and have less grip. Extraordinary how Pirelli manage to get worse with time.

Wallpaper worthy:

Quote Originally Posted by The Architect View Post
    New tyres are apparently 3 kg heaver and have less grip. Extraordinary how Pirelli manage to get worse with time.
    Wolff: New Pirelli tyres only way to avoid "frightening" failures

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/m...paign=widget-6

I smell another rat...if Wolff thinks the new tyres are “the right solution” for the sport I can guarantee these are another bespoke set of tyres built custom for Mercedes. Hamilton complaining about them is the icing on the cake.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post

I smell another rat...if Wolff thinks the new tyres are “the right solution” for the sport I can guarantee these are another bespoke set of tyres built custom for Mercedes. Hamilton complaining about them is the icing on the cake.
    To be fair, all drivers have said that these tires were garbage and NOT just Hamster and Toto....so don’t know what to say...
    If everyone co,pmplains hard enough, maybe we’ll still get to use current tires for 2021 as well

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post

Yeah..because of the failures at Silverstone which impacted mercedes the most they've had some new tyres drawn up which they've probably been working on for the past 2 years anyway in conjunction with the FIA and Pirelli.

To be fair, all drivers have said that these tires were garbage and NOT just Hamster and Toto....so don’t know what to say...
    If everyone co,pmplains hard enough, maybe we’ll still get to use current tires for 2021 as well
    A big part of Lewis' success is his tire management, knowledge each race. He even tells his pit wall he's not pitting and winds up a winner . No trolling intended . Just the facts.

For sure he can make the call on tires. What else is there to do when you're cruising around at the front a minute ahead of everyone else.
    Hoping Leclerc and Saints start making tire calls real soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    For sure he can make the call on tires. What else is there to do when you're cruising around at the front a minute ahead of everyone else.
    Hoping Leclerc and Saints start making tire calls real soon.
    It's in part it's his correct tire calls that gets him cruising around at the front ahead of everyone. Meanwhile that #1 place to start the next race is up for grabs. Maybe Charles ?

Front brake details (High res 4800x3200, Sakhir GP)

When you see Toto and Lulu complaining this way, you know they have what they need. When you see the rest complaining and nothing happens,that means mercedes got exactly what they wanted.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Shumy's former employee the midget Todt in control @ FIA is killing Ferrari. HE's got to retire ASAP ! He's Merc 100% !!

According to motorsport.it, we will be mounting out third MGU-K in this race. Three is allowed per year, and Ferrari has used two components this year. The final one will be used in Abu Dhabi.

According to motorsport.it, the third MGU-K is different spec and more efficient, which will overall improve the PU performance.

According to motorsport.it, we will be mounting out third MGU-K in this race. Three is allowed per year, and Ferrari has used two components this year. The final one will be used in Abu Dhabi.

According to motorsport.it, the third MGU-K is different spec and more efficient, which will overall improve the PU performance.
    Different spec ??? How ? i thought all was frozen for the current year ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Different spec ??? How ? i thought all was frozen for the current year ?
    In-season development and upgrades for electronic and control components is allowed, but just once. The 3rd MGU-K will be the upgraded version and different spec.

In-season development and upgrades for electronic and control components is allowed, but just once. The 3rd MGU-K will be the upgraded version and different spec.
    Oh well, we may as well use it, nothing to lose and maybe it will work in our favour....or not?! Maybe a test towards the 2021 car, we can but hope.

Quote Originally Posted by The Architect View Post
    WOW, and, may I say MORE WOW!!!!! you are an F1 fan are you not? do you understand the rules and regs that the FIA dictates....yes?????
    Pirelli is making the tires that the FIA has specifically asked for, they are under contract to make what they told to make!!!!!
    If there was another manufacturer in the mix making tires differently, then I would totally agree with you, but as it stands..... understand before commenting