Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021

Thread: Ferrari 2020 Challenger Thread

What do you guys think? a tenth at most?

Maybe 2-3 if there was a floor upgrade too.

"When I watch a puppet show, I'm not watching the puppets...I'm trying to see who's pulling the strings."

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    What do you guys think? a tenth at most?

Maybe 2-3 if there was a floor upgrade too.
    if it were in combo with an upgraded floor maybe 2-3 tenths....just minor tweaks on front wing....a tenth if we're luck

Ferrari should have two updated packages for the Styrian GP, one per car. Very hard work in the last few days to make this possible. The gains should be around 0"3 per lap, although given the short lenght of the track the gains could be smaller this weekend.

#F1 #StyrianGP
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Let's hope for rain during qualifying and the race to equalize the field.

Otherwise, given these "upgrades", it looks like were in the mid-fiels yet again if the track is dry.

Oh well.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

For me it doesn’t make any difference. Ferrari will be struggling, only Lec or vettel should save the day.

They are trying to compare the new direction of design with the old one here, hoping its right. So they have to try single pieces alone to see that. I hope that this plus setup corrections should give us 3 tenths, enought to be third car

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Let's hope for rain during qualifying and the race to equalize the field.

Otherwise, given these "upgrades", it looks like were in the mid-fiels yet again if the track is dry.

Oh well.
    .3 should put you ahead of the midfield on merit.

"When I watch a puppet show, I'm not watching the puppets...I'm trying to see who's pulling the strings."

Ferrari do not follow other teams with design concepts.They roll the dice with there own design concepts this time they are struggling and the dice has rolled against Ferrari.Now they have to dig them selves out of this development hole before it's to late, this situation will test the current Ferrari structure to the limit.It will be boom or bust.

Friday 10 July at 09:35 : Jul.10 (GMM) Carlos Sainz says he is not yet worrying about his move to Ferrari for 2021.

The Spaniard will replace Sebastian Vettel, but he will presumably not enjoy a substantially better car than the German as the current machines are being carried over to 2021 for reasons of cost.

Asked if he is therefore particularly worried about Ferrari's performance, Sainz insisted: "Not really. As you say I'm not thinking about any carry-over of their form to next year.

"I'm confident they've always been at the top in Formula 1 and they will make it back there sooner rather than later. At the moment I'm happy to fight them on track," he said.

In Austria last weekend, it was Sainz's McLaren teammate Lando Norris who managed to chase home Charles Leclerc for an unlikely early podium.

But the Briton says he is expecting Ferrari to speed up.

"Ferrari will show its strengths throughout the season. I think they still have the better overall package," said Norris.

Ferrari has rushed some new parts, including front and rear wings and a revised floor, to Maranello for the second race in Austria.

"It will be a good sign of whether we are right or wrong in the direction of our ideas," Sebastian Vettel said.

But the biggest problem for Ferrari is not aerodynamics, but engine power. Many believe the Italian team was hobbled by the FIA as a result of the engine illegality saga of 2019.

"There is a lot of speculation, but it's not useful to join in on that," Kimi Raikkonen, who drives a Ferrari-powered Alfa Romeo, told C More.

"We are trying to do the best with what we have."

Another Ferrari-powered driver - Haas' Romain Grosjean - was more forthright, admitting he was "shocked" that his Maranello-made engine power is "much lower" than it was last year.