Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262738 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari 2020 Challenger Thread

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    why aren't we doing a shake down like merc and red bull have done??
    we're allowed to do 100Km for "filming purposes" are we NOT??? that way we know that everything works well electronically, mechanically....etc
    Because February 19th is 5 days away. I expect Ferrari to do their "filming" a day or two before the official pre season testing starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    True story, because of some "repetitive" members I left the forum for a few months. And when I came back I saw nothing has changed, its again the same story. Different time, same posters.

The 2020 car looks very solid, and its very tight at the rear. If really the car is more based toward the high-rake and with shorter-wheel base, this might give us more rear traction in slow corners. And Seb was very good there in 2015, 2017 with similar car characteristics. We have a good engine, now all we need is to improve our downforce, strategy, its not so easy, but I am sure we can strike back.

Forza Ferrari.
    We are a Ferrari forum first, so the last line is perfect.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Am I understanding correctly? All these pics are basically last year’s car?
    If not, is their a pic of the new one?
    Grazie amici

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Y

I personally don’t think such thing is allowed
    I thought it had to be 2019 stuff in the car with mods to be able to fit 18 inche wheels and tires....but what do I know?

testing is pretty much "game open". You can swap as many engines as you like or test whatever mods underneath the skin or aero you can.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Does anyone have the top view of Ferrari merc and red bull

so according to this the SF1000 is around 0.5 seconds faster than last year's car in Hungary.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...their-2020-car

A
    Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    so according to this the SF1000 is around 0.5 seconds faster than last year's car in Hungary.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...their-2020-car
    So in other words we’re still gonna be slower then the Merc...at this point is all speculation

Q3 in OZ will paint a better picture of where we stand....until then it’s everyone’s guess
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

A

So in other words we’re still gonna be slower then the Merc...at this point is all speculation

Q3 in OZ will paint a better picture of where we stand....until then it’s everyone’s guess
    Of course it's all speculation at this point. Can't wait for testing though, hope we have a good one.

Of course it's all speculation at this point. Can't wait for testing though, hope we have a good one.
    I can’t wait for testing either, but I’m not gonna take too much from testing...as we’ve seen in the past, especially last year when everyone thought we were the fastest...and we all know what happened in the first half of the season

Like I said, Q3 in OZ will paint a better picture of our pace.....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I think the cars will be very close this year and the main difference is going to be the drivers make it.

The Ferrari shifted their straight line speed for more cornering and the Mercedes compromised their dirty downforce for more straight line speed.

Hopefully this car has the soul of 2017 car where it destroyed the Mercedes on the Hungary track.

I think that the top 4 cars will be closely matched.Varios circuits will suit different teams more.Ferrari can win wcc if they collect points at the maybe not so strong circuits and win big on the circuits that suit.Team work will deliver this result.We have a wonderful and strong driver pairing no doubt. The only ingredients left that must compliment the drivers are the strategies deployed, reliability, pit stops etc.These fall squarely on the shoulders of Ferrari,they simply have to get it right no question about it from the get go.

There’s no stopping Mercs. Only 2021 reg can change current dominance of Mercs.
    Ferrari will give a fight just like 2017/18/19. I think it won’t be enough to take the title.

To claim the title, every damn inch should be perfect from Ferrari. Which is very difficult considering the pit crew/Reliability we have.

Hope I’m wrong & if ferrari wins the title then it’s a big miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    There’s no stopping Mercs. Only 2021 reg can change current dominance of Mercs.
    Ferrari will give a fight just like 2017/18/19. I think it won’t be enough to take the title.

To claim the title, every damn inch should be perfect from Ferrari. Which is very difficult considering the pit crew/Reliability we have.

Hope I’m wrong & if ferrari wins the title then it’s a big miracle.
    For sure it will be a big miracle after a user here wrote that SF1000 is only half a second faster than last year's car in Hungary. Half a second faster is not even enough to beat Red Bull let alone Mercedes. Mercedes themselves have improved by more than half a second with a lot of new stuff on their car along with new engine.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    For sure it will be a big miracle after a user here wrote that SF1000 is only half a second faster than last year's car in Hungary. Half a second faster is not even enough to beat Red Bull let alone Mercedes. Mercedes themselves have improved by more than half a second with a lot of new stuff on their car along with new engine.
    I’m not talking about new stuff on mercs.
    It’s just ferrari needs to find a perfect season combined with luck. Then I see a challenge.
    Mercs team is entirely behind Lewis & he’s delivering it.
    Last edited by nani_s23; 16th February 2020 at 10:54.

My only hope is ferrari have hidden the real power on 3 last championship races, and we still have that power. For sure Merc had lower the development and saved the tricks and ideas for 2020. The apparence of the car really shows nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Am I understanding correctly? All these pics are basically last year’s car?
    If not, is their a pic of the new one?
    Grazie amici
    These are the only photos of the 2020 car to date fratello.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Some comparisons (courtesy Unicast from autosport forum):

Via @NicolasF1i
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Seeing RB, Mclaren and now Renault going for kind of slim Merc style nose tells me there is performance to be gained there that Ferrari most likely just wasn't manage to fit into time budget for this years car. Unfortunately, I think we are always one step behind the leaders and this way we simply cannot win. Hope I am wrong, and SF1000 does look good, but I don't think it will be contender.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Seeing RB, Mclaren and now Renault going for kind of slim Merc style nose tells me there is performance to be gained there that Ferrari most likely just wasn't manage to fit into time budget for this years car. Unfortunately, I think we are always one step behind the leaders and this way we simply cannot win. Hope I am wrong, and SF1000 does look good, but I don't think it will be contender.
    Not really sure if the slim nose brings so much gain. Remember Toro rosso having it in 2017 only to switch back the following year, perhaps they couldn't make it work. I hope you're wrong, for our sake.

Don't let the concept of all show and no go get the better of us.No one now's anything to date except those from teams that need to know.Fans all over the world are in the dark simple as that.Testing starts soon and even then that's a guessing game.Race 1 is where we start to see things evolve until then by all means keep the posts rolling in the good the bad and the ugly.

So let me get this straight, the Red Bull has a lower pointed nose, narrower sidepods but a taller overall engine layout... wonder why they went this route, wont they have more balance issues as a result?
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Would love a car similar to 2017, with a lot of rear grip and downforce. That car was awesome in slow speed corners (Seb could fight with Lewis with a slower car), but we lacked in top speed that year, Mercedes still had the much better engine. Also our reliability was pretty bad in the second part of the season. But imagine a car, that has downforce, and we dont lose the time in that kind of corners as last year+ we have a fantastic engine= a beast car, totally dominant. I can only wish for it, but we are alowed to hope, dream, tomorrow its a new day.

Forza!!

Ferrari filming day is today

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Ferrari filming day is today
    Any photos/videos of our car on track ? so far couldn't find anything.

Ferrari completed a successful filming day (shakedown) at @Circuitcat_eng today!

Vettel drove in the morning while Leclerc took over in the afternoon.

No unexpected incidents happened and everything went smoothly ��

#F1 #Ferrari
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

No, it's a closed shakedown / filming session. Only Ferrari photographers are allowed...
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Thanks vcs!

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    These are the only photos of the 2020 car to date fratello.
    Grazie fratello!

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Only 3 sec od new car filming day....

https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/co...the_shakedown/

Quote Originally Posted by gjoko-mkd View Post
    Only 3 sec od new car filming day....

https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/co...the_shakedown/

The Mission Winnow logo was taken off the car for filming day.