Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari 2020 Challenger Thread

Ferrari is Italian brend.

Quote Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
    Ferrari is Italian brend.
    you must be Italian too ;) yes Ferrari is an Italian brAnd and so what ?

Ferrari needs diversity in F1.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by mhmalik View Post
    The reason why Ferrari lost the advantage in the later part of 2018 championship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q1gGmU40zA
    Because Mercedes couldn't figure it out.... FIA changed the rules? So much for innovation. Mercs used oil burning for years, and looks like they're still burning oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Because Mercedes couldn't figure it out.... FIA changed the rules? So much for innovation. Mercs used oil burning for years, and looks like they're still burning oil.
    This. So much THIS!

if Merc does it, it is "innovative". If Ferrari does it, it is "cheating".

I suggested in another thread, I think the last rule clarification/rule change to go in Ferrari's favor was the ban on Renault's Mass Dampers in 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    This. So much THIS!

if Merc does it, it is "innovative". If Ferrari does it, it is "cheating".

I suggested in another thread, I think the last rule clarification/rule change to go in Ferrari's favor was the ban on Renault's Mass Dampers in 2006.
    EDIT: You'd think Italian engines, which already burn oil all the time, would have figured out oil burning first.
    Last edited by Cavallino; 15th July 2020 at 16:39. Reason: thought of a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    you must be Italian too ;) yes Ferrari is an Italian brAnd and so what ?
    Because keeping Ferrari "Italian" is more important :)

I see people in this forum want Binotto to go. OK, then what? Giving him the boot achieves what exactly? And who's gonna replace him? Let me guess, another internal and largely unknown name, probably someone from Ferrari's GT division.

Ferrari had their best time in history when they were being lead by a diverse group of people, a French TP, British TD and South African Designer. They can achieve that same success again, but they need to change their mindset, shift their main F1 base outside of Italy and focus purely on meritocracy, not nationality.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Because keeping Ferrari "Italian" is more important :)

I see people in this forum want Binotto to go. OK, then what? Giving him the boot achieves what exactly? And who's gonna replace him? Let me guess, another internal and largely unknown name, probably someone from Ferrari's GT division.

Ferrari had their best time in history when they were being lead by a diverse group of people, a French TP, British TD and South African Designer. They can achieve that same success again, but they need to change their mindset, shift their main F1 base outside of Italy and focus purely on meritocracy, not nationality.
    Agreed.

Ferrari should be like the New York Yankees. Everyone WANTS to work/play for us. And therefore they win constnatly.

Then even we we lose, we'll just pay your best player/driver/engineer to come work for us. And we'll beat you again. :)

That's how it SHOULD be, but we screwed it up with this philosophy of being a small homegrown Italian shop.

Agreed.

Ferrari should be like the New York Yankees. Everyone WANTS to work/play for us. And therefore they win constnatly.

Then even we we lose, we'll just pay your best player/driver/engineer to come work for us. And we'll beat you again. :)

That's how it SHOULD be, but we screwed it up with this philosophy of being a small homegrown Italian shop.
    Yanks haven't won since 2009.

Agreed.

I mean, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying Italian engineers are idiot or incapable. I mean, Binotto himself is the prime example. After Allison left, Binotto single handedly turned Ferrari's engine and aero department around, under his technical leadership Ferrari produced the best engine in F1 (doesn't matter how) and had solid WDC-WCC capable cars like SF70 and SF71.

But clearly he's not cutout for the TP role. He should/must go back his previous role and oversee Ferrari's recovery, and leave the TP role to someone more capable. Personally, I would love to see Frédéric Vasseur as the new TP.

If the mercedes car has teams asking questions about oil burn etc, then protest to the fia stop bitching amongst them selves like school yard kids.Grab the bull by the horns and protest have there car impounded and see what happens.Seriously has mercedes got all teams including Ferrari cacking there pants what are they afraid of seriously man up or shut up.All this mercedes conspiracy nonsense has worn out.If there are issues with the mercedes car then go after them rattle there cage make some noise and see what transpires.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Ferrari needs diversity in F1.
    Yes ... that’s how they won championships...!!

I mean, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying Italian engineers are idiot or incapable. I mean, Binotto himself is the prime example. After Allison left, Binotto single handedly turned Ferrari's engine and aero department around, under his technical leadership Ferrari produced the best engine in F1 (doesn't matter how) and had solid WDC-WCC capable cars like SF70 and SF71.

But clearly he's not cutout for the TP role. He should/must go back his previous role and oversee Ferrari's recovery, and leave the TP role to someone more capable. Personally, I would love to see Frédéric Vasseur as the new TP.
    Completely agree, look at Aldo Costa, before the Turbo Hybrid era, the F2004 was the most dominant car in the history of F1. Not to mention all the work he did while with Merc.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    What team @ F-1 has won anything besides Toto ,Lewis and team Merc ? Max and Charles make it all worth watching anyway. If Seb could only get on pole and then up front by a minute or so, and not have to drive in the mix, he too moght be back to his R Bull greatness .

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Good point, that's not much better than 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    What team @ F-1 has won anything besides Toto ,Lewis and team Merc ? Max and Charles make it all worth watching anyway. If Seb could only get on pole and then up front by a minute or so, and not have to drive in the mix, he too moght be back to his R Bull greatness .

for those who can't be bother to click the link :

Sky Italy reports that Ferrari will introduce a 2nd aerodynamic upgrade package in Hungary this week and it will show the "true potential of the car."
    Sky Italy reports that the 2nd upgrade might not be visible for us because it's more inside the car and that even the new nose could debut this week.

They say it's a big step and it will show that Ferrari chose a different development direction.

One thing: so far I only have seen Sky Italy reporting it and it's based on their sources/hypothesis. Nothing official from Ferrari.

If I hear something from German media, I will keep you guys updated

Sky Italy reports that Ferrari will introduce a 2nd aerodynamic upgrade package in Hungary this week and it will show the "true potential of the car."
    Sky Italy reports that the 2nd upgrade might not be visible for us because it's more inside the car and that even the new nose could debut this week.

They say it's a big step and it will show that Ferrari chose a different development direction.

One thing: so far I only have seen Sky Italy reporting it and it's based on their sources/hypothesis. Nothing official from Ferrari.

I love this team with all my heart but I spat out my drink reading that. We shall see.

I think it will be a success if both drivers now qualify P9 and P10 instead of P10 and P11.

What’s the difference, if we become competitive again Merc and RedBull will just protest us again.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

We'll see.

On the bolded underlines portion........so Ferrari has their front wings outside the pitlane for both Charles and Leclerc AND so far, no new narrow front wing setup.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    What’s the difference, if we become competitive again Merc and RedBull will just protest us again.
    Nah, nah, nah, nah.....we gotta become competitive on merit....not by cheating and altering the fuel flow sensor.....if we know we are competitive on merit, they can protest all day long....for that I’m waiting to happen, being FAST, legally....

Call Horner a ***** but an ideal man to be TP in these current affairs where F1 is governed by Politics

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Nah, nah, nah, nah.....we gotta become competitive on merit....not by cheating and altering the fuel flow sensor.....if we know we are competitive on merit, they can protest all day long....for that I’m waiting to happen, being FAST, legally....
    If it was illegal, we would have been penalized. It was a grey area at best and could not be proven. Whatever the case, we will always be scrutinized.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Ferrari and Mercedes with different radiator philosophies

The Scuderia has tried to bring the whole cooling system into the bellies, adopting a pack of radiators one on top of the other due to an aerodynamic blockage. Mercedes, on the other hand, preferred a more traditional solution.

Which Ferrari should we expect in Hungary? The Cavallino team was subjected to a tough media process more for the lack of competitiveness of the SF1000 than for the bumper car that put the two Reds out of play on the first lap of the Styrian GP for a senseless attack by Charles Leclerc on Sebastian Vettel.

Having abandoned the track of the Red Bull Ring must have made Maranello breathe a sigh of relief because the Hungaroring is a track with maximum aerodynamic load where the Red should find less insidious terrain than Spielberg has been with the two races in a week

The technicians of the Cavallino should line up important news in the third round: in addition to the wings (front and rear) with the maximum incidence, we will see bellies with a completely revised fluid dynamics, partially repudiating an extreme concept introduced already last year, which in this championship is not giving the expected results.

David Sanchez and Enrico Cardile on the SF90 had thought of clearing the entire area above the engine by bringing all the radiators and exchangers into the bellies, to free the hood and reduce the resistance to advancement, while Mercedes and Red Bull have maintained a high part of the cooling system, looking for slimmer sides.

The facts indicate that they were right: on the SF1000 the cooling system was optimized to the point that the speed of the passage of air was reduced with four radiators packed one on top of the other, creating an aerodynamic locking that made the Rossa a sort of "wall", unable to reach high maximum speeds.

Basically, the hot air is not extracted quickly from the sides and harmful turbulences are generated which can go to touch the exhausts which, on the other hand, must be as close as possible to the body of the engine, in order to leave a large vent channel in the back of the car body.

The most attentive will not have missed that in Austria the terminal part of the bellies had been cut to enlarge the outlets of hot air in spite of a worse aerodynamic efficiency. What did they decide to do in Maranello? They probably decided to bring a radiant element over the power unit, freeing the sides.

It cannot be excluded that in part the problem may have been caused also by the dirty air that could get into the radiator vents. The front wheel, in fact, generates harmful turbulences that the barge boards and flow deviators have the task of deviating precisely to move them away from the body of the car and from the possibility that they can be channeled into the mouths of the radiators or under the bottom, towards the rear diffuser .

With a greater speed of the air inside the bellies, two results will be obtained: a more efficient cooling and a better evacuation of the heat will be obtained to the full advantage of the aerodynamics.

Mercedes has very long and narrow radiators to have very tapered bellies, while the Ferrari package is more collected, but also much more often. Ferrari, therefore, could withdraw from its own design line, orienting itself towards less extreme choices which must however be subject to more compromises.

It is an act of courage that must be recognized to the men of the Cavallino: it should be a first step to recover a part of the lost ground, since the two tenths "smelled" in Styria could not be seen on the stopwatch, but only in the data collected in track.

https://youtu.be/c8UU_mcMBdI

This article on YouTube by Scarbs F1 was quite interesting I thought.

I'll bet that we will NOT see a narrower nose in this GP. And I have a lot of doubts that will see at all this year!!!
    I will go as much to say that we will see the same concept next year too!!!!!
    I'm sorry but the team has left me hopeless!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!