Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari 2020 Challenger Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Got it! Higher downforce rear wing, so even more draggy, but we may need it if it stays wet!
    not that. We are P1 in FP2 with new spec B car.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    What B spec car?? It’s the same bloody car as before.....

For it to be a B Spec, it had to have been visibly different with lots of updates on it.....Binotto is full of bolognes

This cars a total DOG and most likely be the same for next season.....especially with that wannabe stallion in the back of it.....more like DONkEY

For it to be a B Spec, it had to have been visibly different with lots of updates on it.....Binotto is full of bolognes

This cars a total DOG and most likely be the same for next season.....especially with that wannabe stallion in the back of it.....more like DONkEY

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post

They are joking!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    They are joking!!!!!

Yeap

Surely you can't make any conclusions from it,but in fp1 in the end they all made a small race sim (because they expected rain in fp2) and this is the results:
    Attachment 7706
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Surely you can't make any conclusions from it,but in fp1 in the end they all made a small race sim (because they expected rain in fp2) and this is the results:
    Attachment 7706
    Well, I honestly believe we can beat the Tracing Point here, and possibly compete with RB.

There is absolutely no reason for Binotto to leave. what do you guys expect him to do? Have the car go from 5th-6th to quickest over 2 races? Do you really expect a completely different car? Over 3 weeks time? Come on. Either half the people on here are new to F1 or you're just blowing hot air. The engine is being compromised... face facts, there is nothing we can do about it. The only thing they can do is increase aero efficiency of the car. Period. This does not happen overnight.
    The only thing I'd like to see is the CEO step in and start hammering the FIA like Marchionne used to do. Leave Binotto to lead the technical aspect of the team, have some big wig from the board handle the politics. Ferrari has to reassert themselves as a force in the the politics of F1 and against the FIA. Mercs have had it all their way too long.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    There is absolutely no reason for Binotto to leave. what do you guys expect him to do? Have the car go from 5th-6th to quickest over 2 races? Do you really expect a completely different car? Over 3 weeks time? Come on. Either half the people on here are new to F1 or you're just blowing hot air. The engine is being compromised... face facts, there is nothing we can do about it. The only thing they can do is increase aero efficiency of the car. Period. This does not happen overnight.
    The only thing I'd like to see is the CEO step in and start hammering the FIA like Marchionne used to do. Leave Binotto to lead the technical aspect of the team, have some big wig from the board handle the politics. Ferrari has to reassert themselves as a force in the the politics of F1 and against the FIA. Mercs have had it all their way too long.
    This is what I’ve been saying off late. But current CEO can’t force such activities. I didn’t see utter any word for the benefit of Ferrari. Regarding Binotto role, I never said to remove him. He’s good at technical role but not as TP.
    We don’t want to loose another Italian to Mercs. So better get a new TP who has strong record in dealing rivals/FIA & measure the benefits of Ferrari politically.

#AMuS Michael Schmidt also said that what Ferrari desperately needs is a new technical director, someone who comes with new ideas and new innovations. He said that if he were in their position, he would do everything to get Andy Cowell (there is still no news where he is going).

#AMuS Michael Schmidt also said that what Ferrari desperately needs is a new technical director, someone who comes with new ideas and new innovations. He said that if he were in their position, he would do everything to get Andy Cowell (there is still no news where he is going).
    Well I really don't think that's the case. We dont need new TD BUT new TP. Binotto is great technician and dont forget that when he was TD we introduced some innovations like 2017s belies that bacome a trend among all teams.
    SO for me ,Bibotto can stay as TD and we need a new person for TP ,someone that now things inside out in F1 circus and has the guts to defend the teams interests!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Well I really don't think that's the case. We dont need new TD BUT new TP. Binotto is great technician and dont forget that when he was TD we introduced some innovations like 2017s belies that bacome a trend among all teams.
    SO for me ,Bibotto can stay as TD and we need a new person for TP ,someone that now things inside out in F1 circus and has the guts to defend the teams interests!!!!
    Same with my opinion as well. But question is will Mattia accept demotion? I mean TP to TD. It’s a general feeling as a human being, that nobody accepts such case even with me. So it depends how Mattia will react if such thing happens.

Same with my opinion as well. But question is will Mattia accept demotion? I mean TP to TD. It’s a general feeling as a human being, that nobody accepts such case even with me. So it depends how Mattia will react if such thing happens.
    Ι know what you mean. I fear the same thing.
    Only if they tell him that he can't have both pisitions because its impossible to perform 100% in both,so its has to separate. And that he is the most suitable for TD and that he is doing perfect jodlb from that position. Let another guy to fight with the monsters (FIA-MERC-RBR etc).
    The way I see it probably he will accept a scenario like that. But 1st we will have to find the "other guy"!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Agree 100 %.

It's reaching critical levels now and Ferrari have to start fighting back against the politics of the other teams and FIA.

Ferrari should go all out and hire Suzie Wolf as T P. She's presently TP over at F-E . Ferrari is for sure not shy with salaries. Toto would flip out !!! Imagine what she knows about Merc!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Ferrari should go all out and hire Suzie Wolf as T P. She's presently TP over at F-E . Ferrari is for sure not shy with salaries. Toto would flip out !!! Imagine what she knows about Merc!
    It's the downforce that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post

I agree that we need to assert our authority. As a brand no other comes close in formula one, we account for more viewership than any other manufacturer can lay claim to. I don't see why we want to sign the Concorde agreement so readily, this just puts us at a disadvantage. Let's see them call our bluff, there are plenty of other challenges for Ferrari out there.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Wow ! No one ever thought of down force being a problem @ Merc. They should copy Ferrari. Also tire choice would be a good help , Ferrari is always right there. All in all the $ 50 million dollar man needs to get out there and earn at least 1/2 that pay. Stroll's old man must be proud as hell seeing his son's success . Money well spent! The boy needs to remind his father of Sebs pay if he comes in ahead of the Ferrari 4x WDC. Down force, tires, politics, Binotto's comments, all out the window if Seb or Charles can win! $ 50 million !!

There has to be a mole at Ferrari. There just has to be. It's a Nigel Stepney scenario all over again. Someone who leaks information to the FiA and some of the other teams. If I'm right about this then it will eventually come out.

Why did Toto Wolff react so agitated about Binotto's comments about our engine.
    Binotto kind of let us know that Ferrari did indeed exploit a grey area.
    And apparently the FIA is lacking expertise to search for these grey areas.
    Last year our engine was taken apart, and probably they found our clever idea.
    I suspect the FIA deemed it too advantageous and told Ferrari to take it off.
    But i think Ferrari tried to convince the FIA that there were more areas to exploit where Ferrari hasn't looked into yet.
    I think that shocked the FIA. It exposed their weakness.
    We could take it to trial, but then we had to expose our secrets. And other teams, media will spin it as cheating.

I don't think Toto likes it that we are helping the FIA with that problem.
    Hopefully the FIA finds the merc exploit with their smoking engines.

Back to Ferrari...
    We had to build a new engines, than Covid came and the homologation.
    We are now fighting with one hand attached to our back.
    With this engine, aero isn't going to solve it. This season is in the bin, and next probably as well.
    And all I think it's a bit unfair...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari312T4 View Post
    That was weird ...

But i think Ferrari tried to convince the FIA that there were more areas to exploit where Ferrari hasn't looked into yet.
    We could take it to trial, but then we had to expose our secrets. And other teams, media will spin it as cheating.

Back to Ferrari...
    With this engine, aero isn't going to solve it. This season is in the bin, and next probably as well.
    Very interesting points!

Back to Ferrari...
    The last paragraph would explain why we're so slow but surely Ferrari had enough experience with the turbo-hybrid engines to have made the new one as competitive as Renault and Honda have managed, I don't understand why we are supposedly up to 50hp down on those power units. Ferrari's reputation was built on engines, as Enzo kept reminding us!

Back to Ferrari...
    The only way to close this current gap and make the racing interesting again is to figure out what the Merc exploit is and get rid of it. But chances are they will be allowed to keep it this year, and we won't get interesting racing until next year IF we are lucky.

Also, good post.
    Last edited by Cavallino; 19th July 2020 at 20:27.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    The last paragraph would explain why we're so slow but surely Ferrari had enough experience with the turbo-hybrid engines to have made the new one as competitive as Renault and Honda have managed, I don't understand why we are supposedly up to 50hp down on those power units. Ferrari's reputation was built on engines, as Enzo kept reminding us!
    All teams except Mercedes have been fighting with one hand behind their back since the start of the hybrid era, because of homologations.This whole hybrid era is so political and it is ruining racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    All teams except Mercedes have been fighting with one hand behind their back since the start of the hybrid era, because of homologations.This whole hybrid era is so political and it is ruining racing.
    I totally agree it's like a Mercedes road show. Where they now use Tracing Point as a buffer to secure another season.

Seb looks like he's in it to win. He's a good man and a safe bet for Ferrari as far as going to do all he can this year. The same goes for Charles. Binotto needs to help out the team by saying he feels week and has a slight fever so he can stay home and put the team in the hands of anyone but him. I still believe in Ferrari as a great team and watching our drivers try their best keeps the races great.

I totally agree it's like a Mercedes road show. Where they now use Tracing Point as a buffer to secure another season.
    ... Tracing Point