Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1122232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1197

Thread: Ferrari 2020 Challenger Thread

A
    Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    I am a ferrari fan. I don't have to admire a driver just to support him.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Enough said...I’m with you mate, for me the team comes in first and foremost...drivers come and go and only the good ones tend to stick to my mind....but in the end the WCC is what I root for and what matters most, for me at least

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    A

Enough said...I’m with you mate, for me the team comes in first and foremost...drivers come and go and only the good ones tend to stick to my mind....but in the end the WCC is what I root for and what matters most, for me at least
    Exactly. As far as I am concerned, I have two exceptions, Gilles Villeneuve and Michael Schumacher. I don't think I need to explain the reasons for Gilles, as for Michael, he came from a 2 WDC Benneton Ford to Ferrari along with a selected few and helped rebuilt the team and helped it out of the stone age (sort of speak).
    But truth being told, drivers come and go, the TEAM is forever. Especially when we speak about Ferrari.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

I am not Seb to answer to you what he should or should not have done. But what I -can- tell you is one (that's you, btw) is should stick to facts.
    So... he got out of RBR when the going got tough, and favorite team or not, he got a very lucrative contract to come to Ferrari. He got that money in order to achieve certain targets, contrary to common belief , which is because of his 4 WDCs. Of course his previous performances played a big part but if you think a company just pays you for what you've achieved, you must be crazy.
    Did he achieve said goals? No.
    Was he solely responsible for that, no. But he failed regardless.
    Did he get beaten by a rookie? Yes.
    Was he responsible for that? Yes.

And there you have it as to why Ferrari did not renew his contract, plain as day.

I actually like the man, he is polite, pleasant,great sense of humor. But , in my opinion, not the one to drive Ferrari forward.
    Is Charles that person?
    Too early to tell, but he does have that something that I had seen at Michael. Ruthlessness, working for perfection.
    Let's see what happens.
    Leclerc's driving is exceptional, like Schumacher he's able to bring out performances above what would be expected in a weaker car. He also seems to be trying to be building the team around him and spending more time at the factory. He is also super critical of himself when he makes a mistake.

And from the PR side, he's a likeable guy and has a very marketable image for the sport and team.

For me, without question he is a champion level driver. All he needs is a good enough car.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Leclerc's driving is exceptional, like Schumacher he's able to bring out performances above what would be expected in a weaker car. He also seems to be trying to be building the team around him and spending more time at the factory. He is also super critical of himself when he makes a mistake.

And from the PR side, he's a likeable guy and has a very marketable image for the sport and team.

For me, without question he is a champion level driver. All he needs is a good enough car.
    Great post! Throw in also the fact that Charles has to beat his team mate on the track. No team orders either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Great post! Throw in also the fact that Charles has to beat his team mate on the track. No team orders either way.
    Last year he beat seb with team orders against him for a good while.
    This year there is no point you talking about team orders as he is a clear #1 and he will continue to be with Carlos coming unless Carlos pulls a Charles on him.

"If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Disappointing as Vettal has been, he's had the unfortunate luck to be paired with 2 hotshot rookie F1 drivers in his career. Ricciardi was very good and Leclerc could be possibly one of the best we've seen in a long time. Other than Verstappens team mates no other driver has been tested like Vettel. Hamilton has had easy sailing in comparison. But saying that, as a 4xWDC he should be able to keep a little closer to Leclerc. Its getting pretty embarrassing for him now.

Last year he beat seb with team orders against him for a good while.
    This year there is no point you talking about team orders as he is a clear #1 and he will continue to be with Carlos coming unless Carlos pulls a Charles on him.

You are again correct! Last year he beat Seb by ignoring team orders which is the same as no team orders. BINOTTO HAD NO IDEA HOW TO GET SEB TO BE RECOGNIZED AS #1. This year as you say Charles is clearly driving as #1 compared to Seb. Lets say he's a self appointed #1 by his abilities behind the wheel. If Carlos pulls a Charles that would mean he also ignores any team orders by trying to beat Charles. Binotto is lost as far as knowing what to do. Lets hope it stays that way. Nothing is more repetitive than posts talking about down force and bad tire choices at each track. Oh! and repeating all the F-1 rules.

Not gonna feed the troll in you.
    This year as seb is not having his contract renewed , is a clear #2 and Charles after last year is #1 . Simple as that.
    If you dont like that Ferrari plays this game find another team.

Not gonna feed the troll in you.
    This year as seb is not having his contract renewed , is a clear #2 and Charles after last year is #1 . Simple as that.
    If you dont like that Ferrari plays this game find another team.

I realize Ferrari always does team orders and will try to continue even if Binotto can't enforce them. The drivers don't adhere to them so they are actually non existent. Simple as that. The game that I don't like is reading here how so many fans here deny that team orders were and still are a part of Ferrari's driver rules. On occasion Rubens was told by Todt he would lose his seat if he didn't let Michael pass. Back in 1996 David Coulthard rejected the offer to join and drive for Ferrari because of a clause in the contract making him the #2 driver. I was a Rubens Ferrari fan just as strongly as Michael"s fans were and still are for him. Being a Rubens fan at the time made me a Ferrari troll here believe it or not. I will just continue trolling along during 2020 knowing Charles is strong minded as well as a great top drive and will never go along with Ferrari's team orders either way. He want's to and does win outright. Seb's contract not being renewed is not why Charles is #1 . it's his superior driving that has him as #1. If you don't want to believe that find another team . Not even the down force can stop Charles!!
    Last edited by Brembo; 3rd October 2020 at 08:22.

I realize Ferrari always does team orders and will try to continue even if Binotto can't enforce them. The drivers don't adhere to them so they are actually non existent. Simple as that. The game that I don't like is reading here how so many fans here deny that team orders were and still are a part of Ferrari's driver rules. On occasion Rubens was told by Todt he would lose his seat if he didn't let Michael pass. Back in 1996 David Coulthard rejected the offer to join and drive for Ferrari because of a clause in the contract making him the #2 driver. I was a Rubens Ferrari fan just as strongly as Michael"s fans were and still are for him. Being a Rubens fan at the time made me a Ferrari troll here believe it or not. I will just continue trolling along during 2020 knowing Charles is strong minded as well as a great top drive and will never go along with Ferrari's team orders either way. He want's to and does win outright. Seb's contract not being renewed is not why Charles is #1 . it's his superior driving that has him as #1. If you don't want to believe that find another team . Not even the down force can stop Charles!!
    Binotto sets the rules as TP and if he cannot keep a clean house then he sucks in his job.
    Team direction comes from him. If he says there are team orders and the drivers say otherwise then it is up to him to do something about it. The results of his failure in leadership were painfully obvious last year when the drivers crashed into one another because the drivers felt they were more important than the team. NOONE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE TEAM.

Sure, he was also 6 away from 10.
    The thing is, he got beaten by Ric and he decided to run away from the challenge and the only team he could go to was Ferrari.

He knew where he was going, he was replacing Alonso, who in turn did not manage to get a title. So he knew the challenge. And he failed to get a title as well. After getting beaten. Again.
    Not to mention, he got the car to win WDC in 17 and 18

Inviato dal mio SM-G975F utilizzando Tapatalk

Binotto sets the rules as TP and if he cannot keep a clean house then he sucks in his job.
    Team direction comes from him. If he says there are team orders and the drivers say otherwise then it is up to him to do something about it. The results of his failure in leadership were painfully obvious last year when the drivers crashed into one another because the drivers felt they were more important than the team. NOONE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE TEAM.

For sure! Binotto has to go ASAP. Especially when he makes those predictions that it will take years for Ferrar to get back on top. How does saying that help?

Binotto the updates magician.One minute they are major and the next minute they are small impossible to keep up with and what to believe. I would say he has difficulty laying strait in bed what ever he says or whatever he is doing is a mystery that only one oversized Harry potter understands.

But as we've seen with Leclerc and vettel, even when there are clear no 1 & 2 status, a driver that is exceptional can squash those rules. This is one of the first times in current Ferrari history that a #2 driver has overcome that position and forced the team to reverse the order. Unfortunately, Rubens wasn't able to do that, neither was Kimi. Massa kinda did it with Kimi even though I don't think there was a clear 1 - 2 with those guys. They were pretty even. Leclerc has broken the rules and Vettel.

Binotto couldn't stop Charles and I am eternally grateful to him if only for that. Forget the rest of Binotto's handing of the team. Todt was another story. He would threaten Rubens telling him he'd lose his seat if he didn't move over for Michael. Enough said. I stuck it out here at " Forza Schumacher Forum". Charles, Max and Lewis make F-1 still great races to watch. I hope that's not trolling!!

Binotto couldn't stop Charles and I am eternally grateful to him if only for that. Forget the rest of Binotto's handing of the team. Todt was another story. He would threaten Rubens telling him he'd lose his seat if he didn't move over for Michael. Enough said. I stuck it out here at " Forza Schumacher Forum". Charles, Max and Lewis make F-1 still great races to watch. I hope that's not trolling!!
    I'm sure one day we'll look back on this era and season with great nostalgia

We have to see Lewis in a car equal to Leclercs and Max's to see if hes even still in their league. Hes one of the old guards now.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    We have to see Lewis in a car equal to Leclercs and Max's to see if hes even still in their league. Hes one of the old guards now.
    i betcha dollars to donuts that he's get beat by either of the TWO....badly in a similar car

i betcha dollars to donuts that he's get beat by either of the TWO....badly in a similar car
    Not if the other TWO have to cross the flag on 3 wheels! At least all three drivers have to beat there team mate fair and square.

Agreed.

For sure! Binotto has to go ASAP. Especially when he makes those predictions that it will take years for Ferrar to get back on top. How does saying that help?
    Careful gents, that's thoughtcrime. Keep going and an Inner Party member from the Ministry of Truth will make you an unperson.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Careful gents, that's thoughtcrime. Keep going and an Inner Party member from the Ministry of Truth will make you an unperson.
    Your spelling is incorrect. It's spelled person no un ! My English is NY City learnt . Ministry of Trump !

I agree as well. F1 needs to get cars as close together as possible, performance wise. It would be awesome to see these new guys battle it out on track.
    Also agree with Vettel who said he'd like to get all drivers in the same car to race. Would be nice if F1 set up a race at the end of the season using a 2-3 year old car fitted with same engines and let all the drivers race each other with similar equipment. Give them same fuel level, one set of tires all the same compound and let them loose for 20-25 laps.

You left out the same "Down Force!!"

Your spelling is incorrect. It's spelled person no un ! My English is NY City learnt . Ministry of Trump !
    NYC high schools didn't teach the works of Orwell? I left NYC schools after the 8th grade lol

You left out the same "Down Force!!"

I figured it was implied when I stated that all the cars would be the same. Maybe just better if they all use F2 cars.

So according to Motorsport Italy, the Ferrari upgrades for the #EifelGP :

- new floor
    - changes to the bargeboard area
    - adjustment on the rear suspension, positive feedback from both drivers in the simulator

For Imola/Portimao:

- new flow deviators
    - newly designed diffuser

I hope Seb will now say " Somethings going on with my car! " and be happy . Great post! I hope it helps.

Looking forward to Hanoi GP, the longest straight ever, 1000 feet longer than the current longest Baku.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    So according to Motorsport Italy, the Ferrari upgrades for the #EifelGP :

- new floor
    - changes to the bargeboard area
    - adjustment on the rear suspension, positive feedback from both drivers in the simulator

For Imola/Portimao:

- new flow deviators
    - newly designed diffuser
    Hopefully we will be quicker than our customers after these updates. It makes one wonder if we were not hampering them with slower engine maps all these years, because clearly their aero is better than ours.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."