Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Furious Ferrari slams door on Verstappen

Furious Ferrari slams door on Verstappen

Ferrari has slammed the door shut to Max Verstappen.

At the Maranello team’s end of season dinner, bosses Mattia Binotto and Louis Camilleri confirmed that Sebastian Vettel’s 2021 seat may be up for grabs.

But the talk was mainly about Lewis Hamilton, as Binotto swept away any lingering speculation that Fernando Alonso might return to a red cockpit.

“We have talked about him, but he no longer sits with our plans,” the team boss said.

As for Verstappen, Camilleri is still furious with the Dutchman after he accused Ferrari of “cheating” with its 2019 engine.

“These declarations generally don’t take you very far,” he said of the Red Bull-Honda driver who is not ruling out a change of teams for 2021.

“Max is 22 years old, so why give him credibility when we are Ferrari?” Camilleri added. “Sometimes silence is more powerful.”

Elsewhere, Italian publications quoted Camilleri as having said: “A driver who accuses Ferrari of cheating cannot think of being with us.

“Mattia said we had FIA inspectors everywhere. His (Verstappen’s) words created all sorts of problems within the team.”

---------------

Amen! And I hope they keep the door bolted.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

star no.1 driver they call him here few of them.

But Hamilton has also suggested Ferrari use 'tricks', slightly more diplomatic language maybe, but it's the same meaning really.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    But Hamilton has also suggested Ferrari use 'tricks', slightly more diplomatic language maybe, but it's the same meaning really.
    Word Tricks is better than directly alleging as cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    True. Its the way it is said and more importantly by who. Hamilton is a 6 time WDC vs Verstappen who is a ummm hothead nobody.

Hamilton had his hickups towards Ferrari over the years. Even with this "cheating" thing, it was Hamilton who through the first rock. I also remember him accusing Ferrari of telling Raikkonen to hit him at Silverstone. Those are just recent examples. I know that top drivers are few and far between, but we can not sugar coat someone just because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    Ferrari has slammed the door shut to Max Verstappen.

At the Maranello team’s end of season dinner, bosses Mattia Binotto and Louis Camilleri confirmed that Sebastian Vettel’s 2021 seat may be up for grabs.

But the talk was mainly about Lewis Hamilton, as Binotto swept away any lingering speculation that Fernando Alonso might return to a red cockpit.

“We have talked about him, but he no longer sits with our plans,” the team boss said.

As for Verstappen, Camilleri is still furious with the Dutchman after he accused Ferrari of “cheating” with its 2019 engine.

“These declarations generally don’t take you very far,” he said of the Red Bull-Honda driver who is not ruling out a change of teams for 2021.

“Max is 22 years old, so why give him credibility when we are Ferrari?” Camilleri added. “Sometimes silence is more powerful.”

Elsewhere, Italian publications quoted Camilleri as having said: “A driver who accuses Ferrari of cheating cannot think of being with us.

“Mattia said we had FIA inspectors everywhere. His (Verstappen’s) words created all sorts of problems within the team.”

---------------

Amen! And I hope they keep the door bolted.
    +1

True. Its the way it is said and more importantly by who. Hamilton is a 6 time WDC vs Verstappen who is a ummm hothead nobody.
    Moron Max is right where he should be with RB as they do nothing but whine about everything.
    They threaten to leave F1 all the time, they complain about other teams, tires, engines.
    Especially engines , they complained about Renault engines all the time they ran them.
    Maybe Mateschitz should take some the billions he has and build their own engine.
    Changes aren't permanent........But change is.
    ALL LIVES MATTER... EVEN YOURS

Quote Originally Posted by JHAMMER View Post
    Moron Max is right where he should be with RB as they do nothing but whine about everything.
    They threaten to leave F1 all the time, they complain about other teams, tires, engines.
    Especially engines , they complained about Renault engines all the time they ran them.
    Maybe Mateschitz should take some the billions he has and build their own engine.
    May be mat is missing his own RB drink . He gonna get good from max after 2020

It took a hot headed nobody to get the only things that count, POINTS at the end of the season! But for Lewis' car vs. R Bulls bomb Max may well have been the WDC. We all know it wasn't Lewis , it was the car. Max had to settle for finishing in 3rd. place . He beat the likes of these so so names, Charles 4th. Seb [4x WDC] 5th ! Ric 9th. , and we all heard of Kimi. 12th ! All finished behind a nobody . Imagine if Max knew how to drive ! And I have to think that as far as being hot headed, Seb beat Max out on the track ruining his ream mates and Ferrari's ending results. So yeah, interviews are nothing but talk, Seb showed his hothead where it counts, on the track. Not even his $50 million pay could calm him down. So putting the cars and Merc vs. R Bull as a team aside ,just on driving great, Max shoulda , coulda, woulda, been the 2019 driver . Again finishing points are what count , Charles & Max are where it's at. Put them together @ Ferrari and Merc will be lost in space !

Now seen the real face of a member. Who’s not a Ferrari fan, Slamming ferrari drivers.
    This is what he’s been from all the time a max fan.

Anyways coming to the topic, Charles without DNFs would have been Almost 2nd in WDC. Vettel would have been fighting for 3rd in WDC without of DNFs n his routine mistakes. Where as max 5th in the standings.

Ferrari doing the right thing in case of Max, tell him to get his b** somewhere.
    Next season Lec will make max an ordinary driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    It took a hot headed nobody to get the only things that count, POINTS at the end of the season! But for Lewis' car vs. R Bulls bomb Max may well have been the WDC. We all know it wasn't Lewis , it was the car. Max had to settle for finishing in 3rd. place . He beat the likes of these so so names, Charles 4th. Seb [4x WDC] 5th ! Ric 9th. , and we all heard of Kimi. 12th ! All finished behind a nobody . Imagine if Max knew how to drive ! And I have to think that as far as being hot headed, Seb beat Max out on the track ruining his ream mates and Ferrari's ending results. So yeah, interviews are nothing but talk, Seb showed his hothead where it counts, on the track. Not even his $50 million pay could calm him down. So putting the cars and Merc vs. R Bull as a team aside ,just on driving great, Max shoulda , coulda, woulda, been the 2019 driver . Again finishing points are what count , Charles & Max are where it's at. Put them together @ Ferrari and Merc will be lost in space !
    And there you go again polluting & derailing another thread (with the same stupid and repetitive comments) and bashing our own drivers. Find a Max forum and be out of here!

And there you go again polluting & derailing another thread (with the same stupid and repetitive comments) and bashing our own drivers. Find a Max forum and be out of here!

I remember Alonso and Ferrari despised each other, with Todt proclaiming "Alonso will never drive for Ferrari". But in 2009, they payed Raikkonen millions to leave for Alonso. So never say never.
    But on the other hand, Alonso had 2 titles to his name. Verstappen on the other hand is pretty much a nobody.

As long as we have Leclerc, there's no need for Verstappen/Hamilton. And I'm happy that Binotto has confirmed 2020 to be Vettel's final year at Ferrari. But I still don't see any point keeping him for another year though...

I think ignoring 2019 results as far as points go in F-1 our favorite sport shows a bit of stupidity as far as being a F-1 fan. Thank God not all Ferrari fans have to ignore results to feel good. After all we have Charles who is for sure a future WDC. I know I'm being repetitive constantly putting Charles up there with the best , but he shows the signs. If Seb looked good to any Ferrari fans this past season , then Gio should be easy to accept in the #2 seat. I know it gets real hot in Dubai and sometimes that can cause stupid remarks. Your to be forgiven for poluting the thread, " It's the heat in Dubai !"

That will teach tulip top to keep his big mouth shut.I suspected that the moment he made the cheating allegation against Ferrari, he buried his Ferrari chance.

If only our team could get their act together during the season, Charles would not be #4, would he be now.
    No , no, Ferrari did the right thing. If one wants to accuse the Scuderia for cheating, no matter who they are, they can rot in hell.
    If Ferrari can sack the likes of Alain Prost, surely Max is an ant compared to them. Right , Brembo?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

I think ignoring 2019 results as far as points go in F-1 our favorite sport shows a bit of stupidity as far as being a F-1 fan. Thank God not all Ferrari fans have to ignore results to feel good. After all we have Charles who is for sure a future WDC. I know I'm being repetitive constantly putting Charles up there with the best , but he shows the signs. If Seb looked good to any Ferrari fans this past season , then Gio should be easy to accept in the #2 seat. I know it gets real hot in Dubai and sometimes that can cause stupid remarks. Your to be forgiven for poluting the thread, " It's the heat in Dubai !"
    You have two choices, just look at the points tally, or examine them as to why they are what they are.
    The way you go about things, people have the right to believe that you are not a Ferrari fan, but a Ferrari hater because of what has happened to Reubens or Felipe. Which is all nice and good, but hey, I mean, admit to it.
    Or let go.

But stop hiding behind your finger.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Max is just starting out , comparing him with Prost is a compliment to his ability behind the wheel at his age. Right? I'm a Ferrari fan and Charles is my favorite driver as of this year. There are a quite few other fans here that share my feelings towards Sebs demise and lack of winning when he joined Ferrari. So I guess the forum is filled wit Ferrari haters like me? Right? Why is bragging about Seb's 4 WDCs with R Bull not anti Ferrari? Why is acknowledging Max's success driving @ R Bull not ok? Kind of ridiculous . Hey I also mean; admit to it . Or let go. Was that hiding behind your finger meant for Seb when @ R Bull ? Oh, and examining the points tally any which way you want, they still hold true to the driver that finished with them. I don't go along at all with, ya but what if this happened or didn't happen. Making excuses for any driver after a race is the wrong way to go about things with regards to a divers point total come year end. People will have every right to believe that's a prejudice way of looking at who did a good job for their team and who did not.

Max is just starting out , comparing him with Prost is a compliment to his ability behind the wheel at his age. Right? I'm a Ferrari fan and Charles is my favorite driver as of this year. There are a quite few other fans here that share my feelings towards Sebs demise and lack of winning when he joined Ferrari. So I guess the forum is filled wit Ferrari haters like me? Right? Why is bragging about Seb's 4 WDCs with R Bull not anti Ferrari? Why is acknowledging Max's success driving @ R Bull not ok? Kind of ridiculous . Hey I also mean; admit to it . Or let go. Was that hiding behind your finger meant for Seb when @ R Bull ? Oh, and examining the points tally any which way you want, they still hold true to the driver that finished with them. I don't go along at all with, ya but what if this happened or didn't happen. Making excuses for any driver after a race is the wrong way to go about things with regards to a divers point total come year end. People will have every right to believe that's a prejudice way of looking at who did a good job for their team and who did not.
    Good post. Some people here always get defensive when you mention Vettel and his lack of success with Ferrari. I remember when Vettel was announced as Alonso's replacement, certain people here called him 'baby Schumacher', 'Ferrari's saviour' etc, hilarious.
    Now speaking of Max, do you really think Ferrari's current management can handle a line up like Lec-Max? To me, I don't think they can. If we had someone like Ross Brawn at the helm, then I'd say sure, bring on Max. It would be the strongest driver line up by far. But unfortunately we don't have Ross Brawn, and under the current management the Lec-Ves line up would turn out to be an absolute disaster. There's already too much politics inside Ferrari, let's not add a volatile driver line-up on top of it.

Ferrari, and Ferrari fans in general, should be focusing on having a strong car next year. Our target is Hamilton-Mercedes. Leclerc should be Ferrari's number 1 driver starting next year, and in 2021, bring someone who can fulfill the role of a competent number 2 driver. All these talks about Verstappen, how he accused Ferrari of cheating or him being never be able to drive for Ferrari, are meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I remember Alonso and Ferrari despised each other, with Todt proclaiming "Alonso will never drive for Ferrari". But in 2009, they payed Raikkonen millions to leave for Alonso. So never say never.
    But on the other hand, Alonso had 2 titles to his name. Verstappen on the other hand is pretty much a nobody.

As long as we have Leclerc, there's no need for Verstappen/Hamilton. And I'm happy that Binotto has confirmed 2020 to be Vettel's final year at Ferrari. But I still don't see any point keeping him for another year though...
    Perfect post. This is what I mean to say.
    What’s the wrong thing in one of our mem post is that max 3rd in WDC. If Lec wouldn’t have faced the DNFs then I don’t think Max could stand 3rd in WDC.
    At one point he says Max is the best above Lec & other end he says I’m ferrari/Lec fan.
    How much vettel is been degraded the same amount he’s carrying max on him instead of Lec/Ferrari. This doesn’t bode well for few of them here. This is the main point.

At Bahrain GP 2019 thread I’ve said that 2020 would last year for vettel at ferrari unless he performs.
    Lec is the new star at ferrari. Now that he’s shown his pace, next year it’s gonna be huge pressure on him to carry that tag & rise his bar to next level.
    Coming to vettel, it’s now or never situation for him. If reports are true, then I don’t see any good performance from him.

For me our two drivers will start at same point next season. First 5 races will decide where ferrari & our drivers stand. From then 2nd seat is up for grabs.

About max, he’s overrated driver with lot of hot headed. He demands lot from his machinery unlike to Ham & Alonso who drive to their best on their own skill.
    Give the strong car to Lec he will show who’s the boss to max. I believe Lec waiting to take challenge against Max.
    It reminds me of old rivalry during Go-kart days.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Perfect post. This is what I mean to say.
    What’s the wrong thing in one of our mem post is that max 3rd in WDC. If Lec wouldn’t have faced the DNFs then I don’t think Max could stand 3rd in WDC.
    At one point he says Max is the best above Lec & other end he says I’m ferrari/Lec fan.
    How much vettel is been degraded the same amount he’s carrying max on him instead of Lec/Ferrari. This doesn’t bode well for few of them here. This is the main point.
    Yup, and it's not like we're DESPERATE for Max. Leclerc's Ferrari present + its future, why would we need Max for? To destabilize the team? No thanks.
    As I said, our main goal should be to start the 2020 with a strong car, because we can't afford to play catch-up next year.

All drivers are future WDC's unless they deliver. No driver is "for sure a future WDC". RAI vs GIO = 43 pts vs 14 pts.

You should get your geography and seasons right, along-with your grammar & spellings.

And yes, kudos to you - you have successfully managed to pollute & derail another thread AGAIN with your baseless rants.

Max is just another talented young jerk, just like Hamilton, Alonso and Vettel used to be. Hopefully he'll mature out of being an insolent maleducado and if he doesn't I don't care one way or the other, just leave our team alone as all the front runners and probably everyone else has skeleton cheats/rule stretches in their closets. If they don't then they don't have a chance in any form of the racing game because that's the way it has always been!

During most every interview both Max and Lewis praise Ferrari in so far as being a tough team to beat. Fast as all hell! Ferrari is their main challenge. It's true to the letter ! Why are they jerks for being truthful ? Many Ferrari fans here say Merc has the FIA and Pirelli in their pocket. They work for Merc. or else they wouldn't be on top. Are they jerks for thinking that way? If Lewis drives like a jerk , well I wish it on Charles. Charles and Gio will be a great 2021 match up. They can curse and say what ever they want to each other about everything going on in F-1 in Italian and most fans won't know what their saying !

I hope he doesn't change and prove me wrong but Leclerc doesn't seem to be a jerk imvho?

The chief of Ferrari said it well.Ferrari do listen to recless 22 year olds.Max has made a rod for his own back.Ferrari do not forget nor do they forgive reckless statements,especially from outside the Ferrari sanctom.

I am comparing Prost to Max as to what happened to Prost when he behaved the way he did. I did not compared max to Prost in regards to his abilities. That would be ridiculous (lol).

Regarding the rest of your questions, my take is rather simple:
    This is a Ferrari forum, which to me that means that you can support our drivers. You cannot bash our drivers.
    And no, you are not supposed to support other teams' drivers especially if that means that you do that over our drivers or our team.
    And regarding Charles not finishing in front of Max, you are well aware, or should, how the team treated him at the beginning of the year what happened at the end of the year and yet you're trying to make it as if Max ended 3rd because he 's what, better?
    Pathetic, really.