Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Ferrari News

Great memories from Bahrain 2017, 2018 a beast Seb in the zone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UomTuecJjz8

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Great memories from Bahrain 2017, 2018 a beast Seb in the zone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UomTuecJjz8
    A 2020 replay would be great !

A 2019 replay would be better minus the Ferrari mistakes now that would make a great replay.

It's too late , 2019 is gone , the mistakes are there. The future is where there's hope!

Leclerc reveals Ferrari victory at Monza “gave me chills”

After starting from pole, Leclerc survived sustained pressure from Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton throughout the race, which he eventually won ahead of Valtteri Bottas, with Hamilton completing the podium. It was Leclerc’s second career F1 victory and his second in a week after he beat Hamilton to take a breakthrough win at Spa.

“It’s very difficult to find the words to describe what I felt during this race [at Monza],” said Leclerc, who was speaking on-stage at Autosport International 2020. “I had a lot of pressure – the whole team had a lot of pressure – because obviously we were in Italy, Ferrari is huge in Italy, and everyone wanted us to win so there was big pressure around the whole team.

“The week started from the Monday, which is quite different from the other grands prix because normally as drivers we start on the Thursday, but we started on the Monday with some events in Milan and things like this.

“So the pressure was building up. Then doing the pole was something special already, but then I had to focus on the race and in the race I had no space to breathe. I had Lewis all the race at less than two seconds, I think, so a lot of pressure.

“And then to be on the podium, to finally have won the race, and to see the red army under the podium was something extremely special.

“It gave me chills and made me realise what it is like to be a Ferrari driver, which of course I realised a little bit before, but I think you really realise it once you win in Monza and see the passion [that] you can really see in the eyes of the people – the passion that they have for the brand. It’s unbelievable to see.”

Leclerc’s wins during the 2019 season made him the 39th driver to have won world championship races for Ferrari.

When asked if he now feels part of Ferrari’s rich history now that he has achieved F1 success with the team, Leclerc said: “Yeah, definitely. The fans make me feel this way and it’s great to feel that way, but then of course, whenever I stand next to Mario [Andretti] or legends like this I don’t feel at the right place, but now it’s up to me to do the job on the track and to try and show my abilities.”
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Leclerc has "still got a lot to learn" from F1 team-mate Vettel

The Monegasque driver took more pole positions, wins and points than Vettel during a 2019 season that included some controversial moments between the pair - including a collision in the Brazilian Grand Prix.

Speaking on stage at Autosport International 2020 on Sunday, Leclerc said having Vettel alongside him was still a positive because of the way the German had opened his eyes about the job he needed to do.

"I learned a lot, really a lot," said Leclerc about working with Vettel.

"I mean, he's extremely professional, and he's going a lot into the details. And Seb, he's also a very nice person.

"We were working well together. Obviously, we've had our moments on the track, in which we've learned together, and hopefully it won't happen again things like in Brazil.

"But at the end, I think we are mature enough out of the car to work together and to try to develop the kind in the right way.

"But I think in the way he's working with the team and the engineers, I've learned a lot and I've still got a lot to learn.

"He's going a lot in the details, as I said, and things that I never thought will be helpful to the engineers he will say anything.

"Sometimes I'm just here listening for one hour what he has to say about the session. He's just very, very interesting."

While Ferrari was unable to put together a title challenge last year, Leclerc says the short term ambitions remain high ahead of a campaign that he believes will be crucial for laying the foundations for 2021 and beyond.

"I think 2020 will be a very important year, where teams are going to invest a lot obviously because then the budget cap is coming in 2021," Leclerc added.

"I'll try to be as ready as possible for 2021 as I think it will be a big year.

"And hopefully we'll be working properly with the team to build the right car to be able to win the championship."

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...rn-from-vettel

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    Leclerc reveals Ferrari victory at Monza “gave me chills”

After starting from pole, Leclerc survived sustained pressure from Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton throughout the race, which he eventually won ahead of Valtteri Bottas, with Hamilton completing the podium. It was Leclerc’s second career F1 victory and his second in a week after he beat Hamilton to take a breakthrough win at Spa.

“It’s very difficult to find the words to describe what I felt during this race [at Monza],” said Leclerc, who was speaking on-stage at Autosport International 2020. “I had a lot of pressure – the whole team had a lot of pressure – because obviously we were in Italy, Ferrari is huge in Italy, and everyone wanted us to win so there was big pressure around the whole team.

“The week started from the Monday, which is quite different from the other grands prix because normally as drivers we start on the Thursday, but we started on the Monday with some events in Milan and things like this.

“So the pressure was building up. Then doing the pole was something special already, but then I had to focus on the race and in the race I had no space to breathe. I had Lewis all the race at less than two seconds, I think, so a lot of pressure.

“And then to be on the podium, to finally have won the race, and to see the red army under the podium was something extremely special.

“It gave me chills and made me realise what it is like to be a Ferrari driver, which of course I realised a little bit before, but I think you really realise it once you win in Monza and see the passion [that] you can really see in the eyes of the people – the passion that they have for the brand. It’s unbelievable to see.”

Leclerc’s wins during the 2019 season made him the 39th driver to have won world championship races for Ferrari.

When asked if he now feels part of Ferrari’s rich history now that he has achieved F1 success with the team, Leclerc said: “Yeah, definitely. The fans make me feel this way and it’s great to feel that way, but then of course, whenever I stand next to Mario [Andretti] or legends like this I don’t feel at the right place, but now it’s up to me to do the job on the track and to try and show my abilities.”
    That one gave me chills as well. Mercedes threw everything at Charles but he didn’t crack. It was long time awaited after Alonso in 2010

Ferrari's Leclerc: Vettel's F1 race pace is "stronger" than mine

Charles Leclerc admits his Ferrari Formula 1 team-mate Sebastian Vettel's race pace is "stronger" than his and that he must focus on improving it in 2020.

Leclerc finished fourth in the drivers' championship during his first season as a Ferrari driver, winning the Italian and Belgian grands prix compared to Vettel's solo victory in the Singapore Grand Prix.

He also as scored seven pole positions, the most of any F1 driver in 2019, during his sophomore season.

Leclerc had targeted qualifying improvements early in 2019 and then took five of his seven poles after the summer break, outscoring Vettel's total of two poles.

Leclerc exclusively told Autosport in the latest podcast episode: "After the first three, four races, I saw that my weaknesses were more in qualifying than the races.

"So I focused quite a lot on the qualifying, and I did quite a big step from France onwards in qualifying, which was good to see.

"And then in the race, I think I've still got quite a bit of work to do.

"Seb has a big experience in the races and he's stronger than me at the moment.

"So my work this winter is mostly on the races, to try and improve that."

Leclerc added that both he and Ferrari needed to reduce their mistakes in 2020 following a season in which it converted nine poles into three wins, whereas rivals Mercedes converted 10 poles into 15 wins.

"I hope, or at least I'm working extremely hard, to do fewer mistakes than I've done in 2019," he said about the prospects for the year ahead.

"I think as a team, we also need to focus on that.

"In terms of performance, it is always very, very difficult to know before the first race.

"Actually I was going to say winter testing, but actually in 2019 winter testing went a lot better than the first race.

"So we will wait for the first race.

"But we've been working well, and then to see the performance, we'll see a bit later on.

"But I feel definitely more ready than at the beginning of 2019. And I hope I'll be able to prove it on track."

Tension built between Leclerc and Vettel during 2019, with the pair clashing in Brazil, while a team orders row over Vettel not giving Leclerc a place back in Russia also caused friction.

But while Leclerc accepts there are times when the pair do not see eye-to-eye, he says their relationship off track is better than it appears.

"I think we are mature enough to understand that whatever happens on track, obviously we are two competitors," he added.

"We both want to win and it would be wrong if it will be the other way around. So yeah, we want to win.

"We are extremely competitive and sometimes on track, we might have some frictions, but at the end, we are mature enough to know that what's happened on track is on-track, and off-track, we are different persons.

"I think the most important [thing] is that we work well together, especially off-track to try and develop the car in the best way possible.

"And, of course, not exceed the limits whenever we are on track, like we've seen in Brazil.

"But I think it was a good lesson for both of us and it won't happen again."

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...nger-than-mine

Charles Leclerc sheds light on his off-track relationship with Sebastian Vettel

Charles Leclerc and Sebastian Vettel didn't always get on during their first year together at Ferrari, but according to the man from Monaco things are different away from the spotlight.

A bit of politics eventually led to a collision between the two red cars at the Brazilian Grand Prix. Pressure is mounting on Vettel who might feel it more after his younger teammate secured a deal which would see him at the Italian team until at least 2024.

But according to Leclerc, he and his four-time world champion teammate are mature enough to understand the battles on-track remain on-track.

"I think we are mature enough to understand what happens on track, we are two competitors who want to win and it would be wrong otherwise. We want to win and we are exteemly competitive and sometime on track we might have some frictions but we are mature enough to know that what has happened on-track. And off-track we are different persons," Leclerc said in an interview with Autosport.

"I think the most important thing is that we work well together especially off-track to try and develop the car as much as possible and not exceed the limits on-track like we saw in Brazil. I think it was a good lesson for both of us and we will make sure it doesn't happen again."

Relationship helps each other to improve

At the end of the season, Leclerc finished ahead of his teammate in the F1 world championship. His performances were more consistent throughout the 21 races. He knows full well that this will fuel Vettel with some motivation to get better, as it does when he finds himself behind his German teammate on race weekends.

"It pushes both of us to try and push our limits and make us stronger. Whenever he's in front of me, I don't like it and I work even harder. When it's the oppositie it's the same for him," Leclerc added.

"There's been times when we didn't understand each other in some situations. It's never good to speak about it straight after an incident so we give it some time and then after Russia we sat down again in Japan to understand each other."

A skydive that "upset" Ferrari, and more - Leclerc Q&A

Ferrari Formula 1 driver Charles Leclerc was a star attraction at Autosport International 2020 over the weekend.
    The chance to get up close with fans offered a unique opportunity for him to be asked things he is not normally pushed on over grands prix weekends.

So with show attendees having been invited to submit questions for Leclerc’s stage appearance, the Monegasque quickly opened up on some fascinating aspects of his life – including his dream dinner guest and how a Skydive had not gone down well with his bosses.

...ON HIS CHEEKY SKYDIVE

Responding to a question regarding his pursuits during the F1 off-season, Leclerc picked skiing and visiting his family as his two favourite activities.

When asked if he waited to receive permission from Ferrari before going off on adventure, Leclerc revealed that while he normally followed the correct processes, there was one activity where he did not do what he should have done.

“Yes, you normally should do, [and] I do,” he said. “[But] I didn't for skydiving, because I just told myself that in case it will go wrong I will not be here to be told off. So, yeah, I just went for it, and then they were a little bit upset.

“At the end, I won't do it a second time. It was amazing. But it was just to do it once.”

...ON RACING SENNA AND DINNER WITH HUNT

When asked which driver from F1 history he’d like to race against, Leclerc replied: "Ayrton Senna. Without any doubts just because he is the only idol I have, even though I have never seen him in in real life.

“[He was] always a person that inspired me a lot. So, if there's one person it will be him.”

Leclerc was asked to select three current or former F1 drivers to invite to a fictional dinner party and he selected his rivals from Toro Rosso and Renault – Pierre Gasly and Daniel Ricciardo – and 1976 world champion James Hunt.

“Well, Pierre Gasly as he's a very good friend of mine,” said Leclerc.“Daniel Ricciardo because yeah, also he's a good friend of mine and probably James Hunt [too]. He looks like a funny guy so just to get to know him a little bit better [would be good]."

BUNKING OFF TO BEGIN AN F1 CAREER

Responding to a question regarding his inspiration for getting involved in motorsport, Leclerc recounted one of his earliest memories – one that led to him starting a racing career that has led to a long-term Ferrari contract and two F1 wins.

“I think the first person [that inspired me] was probably obviously my dad.

“He was in racing too, so he spoke to me of his early races or early years when he started racing and things like this.

“And then I started actually, by coincidence. I didn't want to go to school [one] day - like many children, I guess.

“I told my dad I was ill just because I didn't want to [go]. Luckily for me, he believed me and by coincidence, he was going to this karting track. So I went with him.

“Obviously after that he saw that I was not ill when I started to push this to try karting, which I did."

...ON DREAMING OF V10s

Ferrari has had no shortage of famous machinery over the years that many F1 drivers would be eager to get a taste of.

But it is a more recent challenger that Leclerc says he would most like to experience, and mainly for the sound.

Asked which former Ferrari F1 car he would most like to test, he responded: “Probably the 2004 F1 Ferrari. Just because it was extremely quick and just to drive with this sound, I think that's what we are lacking a little bit in F1 at the moment. And to drive this just gives you emotion.”

In terms of road car, Leclerc said that the model he would like to get his hands on is a La Ferrari. Pushed on whether he should ask team boss Mattia Binotto for it as a company car – and then where he would park it in Monaco if he convinced him, he laughed.

“The parking place? I'm pretty sure that if they give it to me as a company car I will find the place. But probably to get it as a company car will be difficult.”

...ON RALLYING AND MOTOGP

F1 drivers run a pretty busy schedule so it is the exception rather than the rule if they ever get to try out other categories.

Leclerc says he would actually like more F1 races over the winter if he had do something else – but one motorsport discipline does excite him.

“To be completely honest, I am obsessed with Formula 1 so in the off-season I would like to have just a few more races to still race in F1,” he said.

“But if I had to choose, probably rallying is something I would like to experience one day. It is quite different to what I am used to going around in circles from the morning to the afternoon, so rallying is something exciting I would like to try.”

He also expressed a desire to try two-wheels too – but is doubtful he would be allowed.

“I would love to drive a MotoGP but I'm not sure Ferrari agrees,” he said. “I need to ask but I love bikes in general. I'm not sure Ferrari agrees for me to drive a MotoGP bike though!”

...ON HIS FERRARI HOMEWORK

Modern F1 cars are tremendously complicated beasts, and nowhere is this more obvious than on the steering wheel with a host of buttons, dials and controls dotted all over the place.

Leclerc revealed a little about how much effort he was expected to do to fully get to grips with the controls prior to his first season in grand prix racing.

“I had a book of like 70 or 80 pages when I first arrived in F1, which I had to learn, but I'm very bad at learning things,” he explained. “So I was more learning on the simulator basically, just hours and hours.

“But then it comes more naturally because what is on the wheels are things that you are using during the qualifying lap or during the race and which are helping quite a lot the performance. So you need to know these things.”

A skydive that "upset" Ferrari, and more - Leclerc Q&A

Ferrari Formula 1 driver Charles Leclerc was a star attraction at Autosport International 2020 over the weekend.
    The chance to get up close with fans offered a unique opportunity for him to be asked things he is not normally pushed on over grands prix weekends.

So with show attendees having been invited to submit questions for Leclerc’s stage appearance, the Monegasque quickly opened up on some fascinating aspects of his life – including his dream dinner guest and how a Skydive had not gone down well with his bosses.

...ON HIS CHEEKY SKYDIVE

Responding to a question regarding his pursuits during the F1 off-season, Leclerc picked skiing and visiting his family as his two favourite activities.

When asked if he waited to receive permission from Ferrari before going off on adventure, Leclerc revealed that while he normally followed the correct processes, there was one activity where he did not do what he should have done.

“Yes, you normally should do, [and] I do,” he said. “[But] I didn't for skydiving, because I just told myself that in case it will go wrong I will not be here to be told off. So, yeah, I just went for it, and then they were a little bit upset.

“At the end, I won't do it a second time. It was amazing. But it was just to do it once.”

...ON RACING SENNA AND DINNER WITH HUNT

When asked which driver from F1 history he’d like to race against, Leclerc replied: "Ayrton Senna. Without any doubts just because he is the only idol I have, even though I have never seen him in in real life.

“[He was] always a person that inspired me a lot. So, if there's one person it will be him.”

Leclerc was asked to select three current or former F1 drivers to invite to a fictional dinner party and he selected his rivals from Toro Rosso and Renault – Pierre Gasly and Daniel Ricciardo – and 1976 world champion James Hunt.

“Well, Pierre Gasly as he's a very good friend of mine,” said Leclerc.“Daniel Ricciardo because yeah, also he's a good friend of mine and probably James Hunt [too]. He looks like a funny guy so just to get to know him a little bit better [would be good]."

BUNKING OFF TO BEGIN AN F1 CAREER

Responding to a question regarding his inspiration for getting involved in motorsport, Leclerc recounted one of his earliest memories – one that led to him starting a racing career that has led to a long-term Ferrari contract and two F1 wins.

“I think the first person [that inspired me] was probably obviously my dad.

“He was in racing too, so he spoke to me of his early races or early years when he started racing and things like this.

“And then I started actually, by coincidence. I didn't want to go to school [one] day - like many children, I guess.

“I told my dad I was ill just because I didn't want to [go]. Luckily for me, he believed me and by coincidence, he was going to this karting track. So I went with him.

“Obviously after that he saw that I was not ill when I started to push this to try karting, which I did."

...ON DREAMING OF V10s

Ferrari has had no shortage of famous machinery over the years that many F1 drivers would be eager to get a taste of.

But it is a more recent challenger that Leclerc says he would most like to experience, and mainly for the sound.

Asked which former Ferrari F1 car he would most like to test, he responded: “Probably the 2004 F1 Ferrari. Just because it was extremely quick and just to drive with this sound, I think that's what we are lacking a little bit in F1 at the moment. And to drive this just gives you emotion.”

In terms of road car, Leclerc said that the model he would like to get his hands on is a La Ferrari. Pushed on whether he should ask team boss Mattia Binotto for it as a company car – and then where he would park it in Monaco if he convinced him, he laughed.

“The parking place? I'm pretty sure that if they give it to me as a company car I will find the place. But probably to get it as a company car will be difficult.”

...ON RALLYING AND MOTOGP

F1 drivers run a pretty busy schedule so it is the exception rather than the rule if they ever get to try out other categories.

Leclerc says he would actually like more F1 races over the winter if he had do something else – but one motorsport discipline does excite him.

“To be completely honest, I am obsessed with Formula 1 so in the off-season I would like to have just a few more races to still race in F1,” he said.

“But if I had to choose, probably rallying is something I would like to experience one day. It is quite different to what I am used to going around in circles from the morning to the afternoon, so rallying is something exciting I would like to try.”

He also expressed a desire to try two-wheels too – but is doubtful he would be allowed.

“I would love to drive a MotoGP but I'm not sure Ferrari agrees,” he said. “I need to ask but I love bikes in general. I'm not sure Ferrari agrees for me to drive a MotoGP bike though!”

...ON HIS FERRARI HOMEWORK

Modern F1 cars are tremendously complicated beasts, and nowhere is this more obvious than on the steering wheel with a host of buttons, dials and controls dotted all over the place.

Leclerc revealed a little about how much effort he was expected to do to fully get to grips with the controls prior to his first season in grand prix racing.

“I had a book of like 70 or 80 pages when I first arrived in F1, which I had to learn, but I'm very bad at learning things,” he explained. “So I was more learning on the simulator basically, just hours and hours.

“But then it comes more naturally because what is on the wheels are things that you are using during the qualifying lap or during the race and which are helping quite a lot the performance. So you need to know these things.”

Driver news is the main stay until the races . Simulator for hour sand hours seems to be of top importance for new comers to learn. Gio spent a long time also on the simulator. He's probably ready for Seb's seat when it comes up.

Berger: Leclerc ‘fundamentally different’ than Verstappen

Both Verstappen and Leclerc regularly make up the conversation when talking about future stars of Formula 1 and are seen as the pair most likely to end the dominant reign of six-time World Champion Lewis Hamilton.

Fans got a taste of the potential future battles to come between Leclerc and Verstappen in 2019, most notably at the Austrian and British GPs, and both are now tied down to long-term deals with Ferrari and Red Bull respectively.

But while both youngsters possess amazing talent, the way they go about racing is different in Berger’s eyes.

While Verstappen in his opinion is the unpredictable one with no filter, Leclerc he feels conducts himself in a more “political” manner, making the pair “fundamentally different”.

“The two are fundamentally different. Verstappen is more aggressive and unpredictable,” he told Auto Motor und Sport.

“He is completely apolitical, says what he thinks, and loud enough for everyone to hear. He drives the same way.

“Leclerc gives the impression that he is the calmer and more considerate driver. I see more calculation, more politics.

“As I said, a completely different approach, but on the same level in terms of ability.”

Verstappen has established himself as the clear number one at Red Bull, and in 2020 he will look to keep his advantage over team-mate Alex Albon as the Anglo-Thai driver begins his first full season with the team.

Leclerc meanwhile will look to continue his progress at Ferrari – he joined the team for 2019 to act as Sebastian Vettel’s understudy while he improved his craft, but would go on to score more points, claim more poles and race wins than the four-time World Champion.

Both Charles and Lewis have Senna as their #1 racing idol. I'm in good company.

New Ferrari simulator not ready until spring

According to rumours in Italy, Ferrari will be without their new simulator for the start of the 2020 season and it will not be ready until spring.

Ferrari’s current simulator, powered by 10 interlinked computers and nicknamed ‘The Spider’, is set to be retired after a decade of use.

The Scuderia wanted to introduce a new, state-of-the-art simulator before tighter budgets via a cost cap came into effect for the start of the 2021 season alongside a major overhaul of the technical and sporting regulations.

The simulator is poised to become of even more importance to all Formula 1 teams given the fact the number of days of testing have now being reduced from this upcoming season.

Pre-season testing is now six days instead of eight, while all mid-season tests have also been scrapped.

Ferrari had been hoping to use the new simulator from the beginning of the year but, according to the Italian edition of Motorsport.com, they are going to have to keep using the ‘The Spider’ for a few more months.
    ADVERTISING

Ferrari boss, Mattia Binotto, recently confirmed that Pascal Wehrlein, formerly on Mercedes’ books, would be kept in a simulator driver role for the 2020 campaign.

“We still have experienced drivers for [2020] in the simulator,” Binotto said.

“So Pascal is staying with us [in 2020] but we’ve got as well other drivers who maybe are not so much experienced in Formula 1, but have done many years of simulator.

“Our simulator drivers are very well integrated in the team. The simulator is more and more important, that’s why we will invest on the simulator in the future.”

Ferrari are set to be first Formula 1 team to launch their 2020 car, having pencilled in February 11 to lift the covers off the new challenger at their headquarters in Maranello.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

The budget cuts are understandable, how else can a driver get paid for ex. $50 million a year! All the cuts exclude top 3 execs. and the drivers. The races are still great! F-1 fans by the millions watching, going to the races. The FIA & Co. must be doing something right. Meanwhile Ferrari has signed up Charles' younger brother Arthur Leclerc to their Ferrari Drivers Academy. Good luck to him !
    Last edited by Brembo; 18th January 2020 at 15:32.

ferrari f2020 picture leaked....

Attachment 7667
    Last edited by FerrariF60; 18th January 2020 at 19:39.
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    ferrari f2020 picture leaked....

Attachment 7667
    Maybe a photoshop? Binotto said it would retain its matte paint. The white looks awful to me...
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Binotto: Ferrari being No.1 will take ‘a few years’

Ferrari boss, Mattia Binotto, has warned it will take a “few years” for them to replace Mercedes as the number one team in Formula 1.

The Scuderia has not been able to add any more silverware to their trophy cabinet since 2008 when clinching the Constructors’ Championship. The last Ferrari World Champion was Kimi Raikkonen in 2007.

Four out of the last five Formula 1 seasons have resulted in Ferrari finishing runner-up in the Constructors’ standings to Mercedes, who themselves are looking for an unprecedented seventh consecutive World Championship double in 2020.

But, while Ferrari has shown glimpses of knocking Mercedes off their perch, Binotto feels that arduous task is still years in the making despite recognising there is “a moral obligation” to try win every year at Ferrari.

“To open a winning cycle and to be in front of Mercedes in a stable way, it will still take a few years,” Binotto is quoted by Motorsport.com’s Italy edition.

“But I know that as Ferrari we always have a moral obligation to try every year.

“We therefore start with the goal of doing very well in 2020, we don’t start to finish second.

“However, if one has to say that he reaches that team maturity, that know-how, that sufficient and necessary running in all aspects to be dominant, it is fair to say that it is not done in two days.”

A couple of rumours have been swirling around Ferrari during the winter break.

The first being that Ferrari engineers have not being impressed with the initial numbers coming back from tests performed on their 2020 car.

The second rumour is Ferrari’s new simulator will not be ready for use until the spring and will be forced to continue using their current model, nicknamed “The Spider”, which has been in operation for over a decade.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

This car look so urgly, it look very heavy and slow. However, who know :D

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Maybe a photoshop? Binotto said it would retain its matte paint. The white looks awful to me...
    It's a concept livery posted on reddit. Here's the reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/co...e_you_like_it/

Binotto wants his job $$$ for at least a few more years, so he's already letting all involved know he's not at fault if Merc stays on top. If what he just said doesn't cause the whole organization to be in mourning and feel hopeless, I don't know what else could. Is he telling us Ferrari fans to look elsewhere as far as WCC WDC for a few more years? Briatore needs to sit down with Binotto and tell him to shut up with that kind of mentality. I can't imagine how Charles must feel knowing he's doing his 100% best as he possibly can and it means nothing at least for a few more years! The team will not be there for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Binotto wants his job $$$ for at least a few more years, so he's already letting all involved know he's not at fault if Merc stays on top. If what he just said doesn't cause the whole organization to be in mourning and feel hopeless, I don't know what else could. Is he telling us Ferrari fans to look elsewhere as far as WCC WDC for a few more years? Briatore needs to sit down with Binotto and tell him to shut up with that kind of mentality. I can't imagine how Charles must feel knowing he's doing his 100% best as he possibly can and it means nothing at least for a few more years! The team will not be there for him?
    Agreed, Binotto may be sandbagging (hopefully) but this is not the correct attitude and our drivers need confidence, there is also the threat that it will be Red Bull causing us grief as well as Mercedes, so the team and drivers need absolute faith in their direction.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Agreed, Binotto may be sandbagging (hopefully) but this is not the correct attitude and our drivers need confidence, there is also the threat that it will be Red Bull causing us grief as well as Mercedes, so the team and drivers need absolute faith in their direction.
    What else would he say? We have developed a super fast car and Merc and red bull better watch out...
    It’s better to play it down, sandbagging and do our work on track....rather then praise it up and down and come time to deliver to flop on their faces
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    What else would he say? We have developed a super fast car and Merc and red bull better watch out...
    It’s better to play it down, sandbagging and do our work on track....rather then praise it up and down and come time to deliver to flop on their faces
    I hope you're right but I read somewhere that there were unexpected issues with the 2020 car, Binotto can and should play it down or just not say anything in the public domain! It's that sort of comment that gets us tifosi very agitated, I must admit that I felt 'oh here we go again' when I read it!

FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    It's a concept livery posted on reddit. Here's the reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/co...e_you_like_it/
    Too much white... It should be red!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    agreed, lasts year's wasn't too bad.....so like last year's with a bit LESS black and make it FAST and reliable....

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Happy 2020 stefa (we hope!) but I disagree about the white, I quite like the contrast as the matte red can look a bit dull and I've never been a fan of too much black, especially the Mission Winnow part. But who cares as long as the car is a winner?!

Une sf90 avec des ponton à la red bull ��