Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Ferrari News

Forgive me for my comment but a season of aggression from Leclerc proves nothing at all, no doubt he challenged hamilton at couple of occasions but so did seb and so did max, its just the driving style and currently our car (i am a fan of red car from childhood so i said ferrari as our team i mean the team i support) is no where near the beast of merc, yes charles our performed seb but not by much and the end goal is to beat hamilton in a way superior car which seems a mission impossible to me. Until the car is not good there is no way to bear merc, speed is not everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    I do agree with you!

But!!!.....and this is a big BUT!......We really are lacking brains on the pit wall, They hold a very important role and making sure their calls are SPOT ON! i'm getting peed off about this, we're laughing stock at the mo......and pit crew need to step up their game too!........Let that sink in..........and maybe, Just maybe our drivers could pull off better results.........
    I agree with you that pit calls and strategy haven’t been the greatest in comparison to Merc and red bull, but we haven’t had the best car either last year at fighting for championships....

So it’s the full package that we need, from having a good car that is able to fight for wins at every race, to good strategy calls, to good reliability and lastly good drivers.....and only then we’d be able to step up to where Ferrari belongs....being winners that is
    I'm hoping that the SF1000 proves to be a championship winning car, maybe even a BEAST!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    I agree with you that pit calls and strategy haven’t been the greatest in comparison to Merc and red bull, but we haven’t had the best car either last year at fighting for championships....

So it’s the full package that we need, from having a good car that is able to fight for wins at every race, to good strategy calls, to good reliability and lastly good drivers.....and only then we’d be able to step up to where Ferrari belongs....being winners that is

There we go!..........couldn't agree more
    Drive it like you stole it!

IMHO there should not be any hate towards any of our drivers, or any team member for that matter.
    Having said that, there is an understandable disappointment when it comes to Seb as he is a 4xWDC who has not delivered what has been expected off him for quite some time now. He is very likeable but the fact remains that he is not handsomely paid to just make public relationship , but to win WDC. And he has failed the team at that.
    And for whomever is reading this and is preparing to say "but the team...", no, part of his job is guidance, cooperation with the engineers etc. If he fails to make the team understand what he needs from the car, that is on him.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

I think few here are suffering from short term memory loses. Sure, the 2019 car was "bad", but still Charles was able to put it on pole 7 times and could've easily won atleast 5 GP's if not for the bad luck and a bit more backing from the pitwall.

But Ferrari did provided Vettel with great cars in both 2017 and 2018. And Vettel, due to his own sheer incompetence, wasted those cars. And the guy is probably earning more than Hamilton and definitely earning more than Charles, pretty ridiculous when you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Charles needed to get in that #2 seat @ Ferrari to show what he can do. I wish the same on Gio. An Alpha is not a Ferrari. Not only the cars ability but the drivers spirit knowing he's in a Ferrari !!!
    Yes, but Kimi - a former Ferrari driver - in the other Alfa provides a convenient benchmark to measure Gio. That's about the best indicator you're going to get, short of actually putting him in our car.

Quote Originally Posted by JuniorUS View Post
    Yes, but Kimi - a former Ferrari driver - in the other Alfa provides a convenient benchmark to measure Gio. That's about the best indicator you're going to get, short of actually putting him in our car.
    An Alpha ain't a Ferrari. Charles is doing it in a Ferrari! Seb ain't. Give Gio that super #2 seat and then see how he does, with a one year contract. Just don't pay him $ 50 million!!

An Alpha ain't a Ferrari. Charles is doing it in a Ferrari! Seb ain't. Give Gio that super #2 seat and then see how he does, with a one year contract. Just don't pay him $ 50 million!!
    I think you're misunderstanding me, Brembo. I'm not talking about expecting Ferrari performance from Gio. But we know Kimi can perform. If Gio can compare to him in the same car, I say he deserves a shot.
    Last edited by JuniorUS; 12th February 2020 at 15:46.

Ok your comparing Gio with Kimi! Kimi has a few more years and great rides in a Ferrari. He's a former winner. F-1 is his home away from home. If Gio showed to be already equal to or better than than Kimi; in his Alpha; he'd be more ready for Ferrari's #1 seat than the #2 seat. Besides believing in Gio as a true chalanger I like the idea he's a "Home Boy" and will fit right in the Ferrari family.

Ok your comparing Gio with Kimi! Kimi has a few more years and great rides in a Ferrari. He's a former winner. F-1 is his home away from home. If Gio showed to be already equal to or better than than Kimi; in his Alpha; he'd be more ready for Ferrari's #1 seat than the #2 seat. Besides believing in Gio as a true chalanger I like the idea he's a "Home Boy" and will fit right in the Ferrari family.
    It’s an Alfa.
    I hope Seb does great this year with Charles on his tail.

Quote Originally Posted by Redstorm View Post
    It’s an Alfa.
    I hope Seb does great this year with Charles on his tail.
    Strong team orders by Binotto & Co. could well make your wish come true. Either way I hope they fight for 1st place not 2nd.

THAT'S what I was getting at. And I like your suggestion about Gio being ready for #1. There's nothing wrong with a little healthy competition on the track between our drivers - with the emphasis on healthy. And there's nothing wrong with LeClerc being reminded he has to work to stay on top. I think the problem with Vettel was that he was handed #1 and felt entitled to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redstorm View Post
    It’s an Alfa.
    I hope Charles does great this year with Seb on his tail.
    There, fixed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by JuniorUS View Post
    THAT'S what I was getting at. And I like your suggestion about Gio being ready for #1. There's nothing wrong with a little healthy competition on the track between our drivers - with the emphasis on healthy. And there's nothing wrong with LeClerc being reminded he has to work to stay on top. I think the problem with Vettel was that he was handed #1 and felt entitled to it.
    Very well said ! You described Seb's problem as far as teaming up with Charles very well. Even with a better 2020 car in Seb's hands , he has a way to go to be as good as he was @ R Bull mainly because he has to fight the pack, not just cruise alone in 1st place. Whereas Charles is really good fighting for the lead whenever he can. This should be a great year for F-1 !!!

Consumer group wants 2020 Ferrari car ‘seized’

Italy’s best known consumer rights group is threatening to sue Ferrari and urging the government to “seize” the team’s newly-launched 2020 car.

Following similar controversies a year ago, the inclusion of the ‘Mission Winnow’ branding on the new red car is once again causing a stir.

Mission Winnow is a brand created by the tobacco giant Philip Morris, Ferrari’s long-time title sponsor.

On its website, the brand is not obviously associated with tobacco, instead declaring its goal of driving “change by constantly searching for better ways of doing things”.

The major Italian consumer group Codacons, however, says it is in fact subliminal tobacco advertising, which is banned in both “direct and indirect” forms in the country.

And according to the Italian media source Automoto, the Italian government agrees, with the health ministry accepting Codacons’ recent complaint that the Mission Winnow branding is effectively promoting tobacco.

“Strengthened by the decision of the ministry that confirms us across the board, we will start legal proceedings against Ferrari,” said Codacons president Carlo Rienzi.

“We will also ask for the new ‘SF1000’ single seater that was presented yesterday in Reggio Emilia to be seized.”

https://grandpx.news/consumer-group-...ri-car-seized/
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post

Italy’s best known consumer rights group is threatening to sue Ferrari and urging the government to “seize” the team’s newly-launched 2020 car.

Following similar controversies a year ago, the inclusion of the ‘Mission Winnow’ branding on the new red car is once again causing a stir.

Mission Winnow is a brand created by the tobacco giant Philip Morris, Ferrari’s long-time title sponsor.

On its website, the brand is not obviously associated with tobacco, instead declaring its goal of driving “change by constantly searching for better ways of doing things”.

The major Italian consumer group Codacons, however, says it is in fact subliminal tobacco advertising, which is banned in both “direct and indirect” forms in the country.

And according to the Italian media source Automoto, the Italian government agrees, with the health ministry accepting Codacons’ recent complaint that the Mission Winnow branding is effectively promoting tobacco.

“Strengthened by the decision of the ministry that confirms us across the board, we will start legal proceedings against Ferrari,” said Codacons president Carlo Rienzi.

“We will also ask for the new ‘SF1000’ single seater that was presented yesterday in Reggio Emilia to be seized.”

My God where this world is going?!?!?

Hmmm dirty politics everywhere.

Ferrari devotes most of its launch to praising Italy, their flag, history and connection to Ferrari. How’s does Italy respond? We are seizing your car! Unbelievable. Must be a Merc fan at the head of the consumer group.

Ironically, energy drinks can be dangerous and bad for your health. Yet consumer groups have no issues with them being plastered all over other cars.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

This "subliminal" message has been going on since the '90's.......and NOW this PC group wants to seize the car????

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Ferrari devotes most of its launch to praising Italy, their flag, history and connection to Ferrari. How’s does Italy respond? We are seizing your car! Unbelievable. Must be a Merc fan at the head of the consumer group.

Ironically, energy drinks can be dangerous and bad for your health. Yet consumer groups have no issues with them being plastered all over other cars.
    I have yet to see reports or news of people dying or sue-ing said energy drink manufacturers because they can be "dangerous and bad for your health". Alcohol, now that's another story.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    This "subliminal" message has been going on since the '90's.......and NOW this PC group wants to seize the car????

I have yet to see reports or news of people dying or sue-ing said energy drink manufacturers because they can be "dangerous and bad for your health". Alcohol, now that's another story.
    https://www.caffeineinformer.com/top...-drink-dangers

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/325325.php#6

In 2011, the NCAA prohibited the distribution of energy drinks to student athletes.
    In 2011, the US Drug Abuse Warning Network reported a tenfold spike in emergency room visits related to energy drinks. Of these cases, 70 percent involved teenagers between 12 and 17.
    In October 2012, the FDA began investigations on five deaths and one nonfatal heart attack linked to Monster Energy.
    In November 16, 2012, the FDA reported 40 illnesses and five deaths linked to Monster Energy. Two lasting disabilities linked to Rockstar Energy, and 92 illnesses and 13 deaths linked to 5-Hour Energy shots were also reported.
    In February 2012, a study published by Pediatrics reported children and teens are at a heightened risk for energy drink side effects. These include caffeine toxicity or poisoning, heart palpitations, dehydration, high blood pressure, cardiac arrest and death.
    In May 2013, The City of San Francisco filed a lawsuit against Monster Energy claiming they marketed to children as young as six. However, this violates the California Labor Law.
    In 2013, three class action lawsuits against the makers of 5-Hour Energy were consolidated into multidistrict litigation in California.
    In 2014, Red Bull settled a class action lawsuit for false advertising in its marketing campaigns. The company paid $13 million to consumers.
    In May 2017, a South Carolina teen died due to caffeine-induced cardiac event, according to the coroner. He had consumed three caffeinated drinks, including an energy drink.
    https://justicecounts.com/goldsboro/...rink-injuries/
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Ferrari should launch a counter lawsuit against this group for wasting up Planet Earth's precious oxygen.
    Last edited by tifosi1993; 13th February 2020 at 10:54.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Ferrari should launch a counter lawsuit against this group for wasting up Planet Earth's precious oxygen.

Sorry, I did generalize my statement earlier. Since this is an F1 section the energy drink I was referring to was RedBull.

The only litigation with Redbull was a $13 million dollar settlement because consumers thought RedBull "gave them wiiings".
    It's not how start but how you finish.

I hope Viet Name GP would not cancel in my Country, I am very excited to attend this event for the first time.

Nonprofit organizations should just be banned. They never bring anything good for humanity.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Ferrari needs to show more Downforce!

Ferrari needs to show more Downforce!
    to SHOW more downforce??? or to pile on more downforce on the car
    I'm hoping that the SF1000 proves to be a championship winning car, maybe even a BEAST!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    to SHOW more downforce??? or to pile on more downforce on the car
    To force down all unwanted criticism by ignoring it. Just points and winning races is all that counts. Also in answer to your question; when the new Ferrari gets tight through curves and turns; and don't cause Seb to slide, that will SHOW us fans more down force is finally achieved . The driver experiences the down force ; we fans see the SHOW ! I hope it's true that it's now corrected. Seb needs all the help he can get.
    Last edited by Brembo; 14th February 2020 at 03:58.

Strong team orders by Binotto & Co. could well make your wish come true. Either way I hope they fight for 1st place not 2nd.
    There we go again... For 12 years...