Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: 2020 Ferrari News

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Us fans already waited 12 years....how much luponger is this cycle gonna last until we win again
    Last time it was 21 years. At least half had already past

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Last time it was 21 years. At least half had already past
    One way to look at it...so more then half has passed by now....only 9 more to go...God I hope not....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Look where that faith has got the team. Even Seb with his 4 x WDCs can;t get a win. Binotto want's to be able to say, I told everyone we were not yet ready after every loss. Just pay me and we can try again next race.
    Sorry but this is rubbish.
    Binotto has been running the show for how long now again?
    So how are you supposed to say this?
    Ferrari is a very big organization, as such they do have a long of problems to fix, does anyone really believe that this can be achieved in 2-3 years' time?

Does anyone believe that yelling, cutting heads, putting heads on pikes is going to solve anything ? Apart from making people leave? Because make no mistake, people will flee. And noone will want to join an organization that promotes such a climate.

So , consider these, and you start realizing that having the pressure of actually being FERRARI, having the pressure of not only Italy but pretty much the whole world on your back, the politics of F1 , and of course of management to deliver when money is not an issue till EOY 2020, situation is far more complicated than just "we've not seen WDC, WCC for a long time".
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/te...694397/?nrt=54

Ferrari: new wings and different engine mode in Barcelona

In the second session of collective tests scheduled from Wednesday on the Catalan track, the SCuderia will bring an aerodynamic package that has been designed for Australia. It is possible that there is also a modification to the rear suspension after the collapse on the Haas of Magnussen, since the arms are the same.

Ferrari in the second winter test in Barcelona is destined to change face: as we had anticipated on Motorsport.com on the track of Montmelò will debut the aerodynamic package with which the Scuderia will compete in the first race of the 2020 World Championship in Australia.

Don't expect drastic changes on the SF1000: just to be very clear, we shouldn't think that there will be a narrow nose, following the design of Mercedes and Red Bull.

The Red Bull in Spain will bring two new wings (front and rear) to increase the load (the one at the front that was used in test 1 was the same as in the Reggio Emilia presentation), and will show an engine hood that is already an evolution of the very tapered one with which Ferrari raced in the first three Catalan days.

And it is not at all ruled out that there is an intervention on the rear suspension, after the failure that occurred on Kevin Magnussen's Haas on Friday, when the Dane crashed into turn 7 after a spin due to the breakage of a carbon kinematics.

Since the VF-20's suspension is the same as the Ferrari SF1000 and Alfa Romeo C39, it's normal that the problem has been dealt with and solved by Maranello's technical department to prevent it from happening again.

The Scuderia, therefore, will go and find out what is the real potential of the Rossa with strategies more pushed in the dry lap to find out what is the real value of the SF1000, single-seater that so far has raised many doubts...

New engine mode or hood ?????
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    New engine mode or hood ?????
    Might be a tighter engine cover.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Might be a tighter engine cover.
    Doubt, from rumours it seems they’ve screwed up with trying to be too tight

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Doubt, from rumours it seems they’ve screwed up with trying to be too tight
    merc can do it, theirs is pretty tight, even tighter then last year.....WHY can't we???

oh, maybe cause they have a bigger roll hoop intake
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    merc can do it, theirs is pretty tight, even tighter then last year.....WHY can't we???

oh, maybe cause they have a bigger roll hoop intake
    You answered it.

The rumours are by squeezing the side pods too much (other teams use roll hoop cooling aswell) Ferrari have screwed the internal air flow.

We shall see the truth in a few days time hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Sorry but this is rubbish.
    Binotto has been running the show for how long now again?
    So how are you supposed to say this?
    Ferrari is a very big organization, as such they do have a long of problems to fix, does anyone really believe that this can be achieved in 2-3 years' time?

Does anyone believe that yelling, cutting heads, putting heads on pikes is going to solve anything ? Apart from making people leave? Because make no mistake, people will flee. And noone will want to join an organization that promotes such a climate.

So , consider these, and you start realizing that having the pressure of actually being FERRARI, having the pressure of not only Italy but pretty much the whole world on your back, the politics of F1 , and of course of management to deliver when money is not an issue till EOY 2020, situation is far more complicated than just "we've not seen WDC, WCC for a long time".
    I'm sure Binotto realized how bad Ferrari needed a fix. Why did he take the job if he knew he couldn't figure out what has to be done to at least show some gain as to R Bulll and Merc. He knows money is no problem @ Ferrari so he was, is , smart enough to go where the money is. If he can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen! But where will he make the kind of money he's making win or lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I'm sure Binotto realized how bad Ferrari needed a fix. Why did he take the job if he knew he couldn't figure out what has to be done to at least show some gain as to R Bulll and Merc. He knows money is no problem @ Ferrari so he was, is , smart enough to go where the money is. If he can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen! But where will he make the kind of money he's making win or lose.
    Gain can only be shown in Melbourne. But doesn't look like it will be gain as Red Bull looks quite a bit faster which they weren't in Australia 2019. Mercedes is on another level though.

To be honest, i don't think we should have gotten rid of Arrivabene... The guy got us the closest we ever were to Mercedes, and he had a set on him to be respected by his team and those around him. Binnotto is a great Engineer, not the best TP

First of all this is the first year where we will see Binnoto in action, with all his choices, and i believe in his choices more than Marlboro man

Thank God the Melbourne f1 race is nearly here no virus detected so far praying.I can see and read that this year is going to be a hum dinger on the Ferrari forums.sharpen your minds and index finger then bring it on.

Arrivabene is a nice guy, but part of the whole tense environment the team had to work under. I think Binotto is an excellent engineer. Much better than Pat Fry for instance. I think Binotto will grow into his role as team principal. If the car performs great to such an extent that it's easier to think of strategies, I think we will see muvh better calls. Last year, they had to gamble more with undercutting, which is always a risk. Let's see if DAS helps mercedes during the race with tire management. If it does it could be a problem for every team. But it would be great if we could pass them on the straights even if they are using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari312T4 View Post
    Arrivabene is a nice guy, but part of the whole tense environment the team had to work under. I think Binotto is an excellent engineer. Much better than Pat Fry for instance. I think Binotto will grow into his role as team principal. If the car performs great to such an extent that it's easier to think of strategies, I think we will see muvh better calls. Last year, they had to gamble more with undercutting, which is always a risk. Let's see if DAS helps mercedes during the race with tire management. If it does it could be a problem for every team. But it would be great if we could pass them on the straights even if they are using it.
    Binotto said it would take 6 months to implement such system in the Ferrari...just to implement it, getting it fine tuned and working, well that’s another thing....

I’m sure ferrari will have this in the back burner, firstly they’re gonna see if it’s a deal breaker...because if it’s not, no reason to to invest a lot of resources just to have it banned next year...

Mind as well go all out on the development on the new aero car for 2021

Apparently a news conference scheduled for tomorrow with Binotto & Vettel.
    Wonder if it's to announce Vettel's new contract?

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Or, maybe Vettel is going to tell Binotto that he’s gonna hang up his helmet come 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Did that conference happen today?