Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 2020 Ferrari News

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    There we go again... For 12 years...
    12 yrs. later no wins for Ferrari, and Seb still wants to be Schumy Jr. Is Bimotto is the new Todt ? Let Charles race !!! Lewis has enough going for him @ Merc without Binotto also
    helping him. Ferrari needs more down force, better tire choices! There! That's more like it ! Can anyone still remember Brasil 2019 ?

BINOTTO: WINNING CYCLES TAKE TIME

Ferrari boss Mattia Binotto has revealed he is not expecting championship success in his second year on the job, admitting the competition makes such predictions impossible.

Appearing on Italian broadcaster RAI’s Che Tempo Che Fa alongside drivers Sebastian Vettel and Charles Leclerc, the 50-year-old Italian insisted the Scuderia’s improved pace in his first season in charge does not mean another dominant period is around the corner.

“It would be wrong to make predictions, last year we did well at the tests then there was the cold shower in Australia,” he said, referring to Ferrari’s rude awakening at the first race of the 2019 season after a strong showing in preseason testing.

“We’re a young team, we’re trying to build, winning cycles take time, F1 is very competitive, never before have opponents been so strong, but the commitment is there, it’s a beautiful team.”

Despite Binotto’s words to the contrary, Ferrari are widely expected to give reigning champions Mercedes a run for their money in 2020, while the relationship between Vettel and Leclerc remains firmly under the microscope after a somewhat-rocky first season together.

Nevertheless, Binotto seems more than satisfied with his drivers.

“They are the best pairing in the championship, but sometimes they make a fuss” he said with a smile.

When the topic of Leclerc’s unauthorised skydive over the winter break came up, Binotto proceeded to offer a less-than-serious rebuke.

“Actually I haven’t forgiven him — he’ll never do it again, I hope he’ll understand,” he joked, before Vettel quipped: “Charles was just wrong not to invite Mattia to jump with him”.

https://www.grandprix247.com/2020/02...les-take-time/
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    BINOTTO: WINNING CYCLES TAKE TIME

Ferrari boss Mattia Binotto has revealed he is not expecting championship success in his second year on the job, admitting the competition makes such predictions impossible.

Appearing on Italian broadcaster RAI’s Che Tempo Che Fa alongside drivers Sebastian Vettel and Charles Leclerc, the 50-year-old Italian insisted the Scuderia’s improved pace in his first season in charge does not mean another dominant period is around the corner.

“It would be wrong to make predictions, last year we did well at the tests then there was the cold shower in Australia,” he said, referring to Ferrari’s rude awakening at the first race of the 2019 season after a strong showing in preseason testing.

“We’re a young team, we’re trying to build, winning cycles take time, F1 is very competitive, never before have opponents been so strong, but the commitment is there, it’s a beautiful team.”

Despite Binotto’s words to the contrary, Ferrari are widely expected to give reigning champions Mercedes a run for their money in 2020, while the relationship between Vettel and Leclerc remains firmly under the microscope after a somewhat-rocky first season together.

Nevertheless, Binotto seems more than satisfied with his drivers.

“They are the best pairing in the championship, but sometimes they make a fuss” he said with a smile.

When the topic of Leclerc’s unauthorised skydive over the winter break came up, Binotto proceeded to offer a less-than-serious rebuke.

“Actually I haven’t forgiven him — he’ll never do it again, I hope he’ll understand,” he joked, before Vettel quipped: “Charles was just wrong not to invite Mattia to jump with him”.

https://www.grandprix247.com/2020/02...les-take-time/
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Us fans already waited 12 years....how much luponger is this cycle gonna last until we win again
    I'm hoping that the SF1000 proves to be a championship winning car, maybe even a BEAST!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Us fans already waited 12 years....how much luponger is this cycle gonna last until we win again
    It will be a nice movie titled: THE LONG WAIT !!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    It will be a nice movie titled: THE LONG WAIT !!!!!!!
    indeed it would be....
    I'm hoping that the SF1000 proves to be a championship winning car, maybe even a BEAST!!!

Binotto needs to become a Ferrari fan like the fans here, have some faith , hope for the future races. Charles needs to ignore Binotto, not only team orders but his lack of faith in the team.

Binotto is the ferrarist fan, he simply don't want to put excessive pressure on the team it won't help with the result. We dont want e Tiffosi like manager that act and scream around the box. We need sllution and result, so wait and see

Screaming around the box is a far cry from just showing hope and faith for the upcoming season. Going around shaking hands with the Ferrari crew and drivers saying were not in the competition ,were not ready to win . Doing interviews and saying Ferrari is not ready for a winning season just looks bad. Will Binotto feel bad if Ferrari wins the first race ?? I can't see "Your gonna lose! " as taking pressure off anyone except Merc and R Bull.

Like it or not, the length of time we've waited, or the frustration we feel has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not the team performs. Team performance is a combination of the personal efforts and expertise of all of the team members; drivers pit crew, mechanics, engineers, mangers, and the team principal. Improving performance of the team - and the car - depends on the increased efforts and expertise of each of them. Ferrari HAS improved under Binotto. The fact that they haven't won either the WDC or WCC is not a sign of failure. It is a sign of yet unrealized success. Improvement season to season, and race to race is what the team needs to seek. If they achieve that, eventually the WDC and the WCC will come. Perhaps Binotto is simply giving his realistic assessment of the situation. That being said, though it may be difficult, if not impossible, given the Italian motorsports press, Binotto needs to refrain from such statements. They can only serve to demoralize the team. He needs to concentrate on the job at hand and run the team to get the most out of each team member.

I am glad Ferrari has more faith in Binotto than members here.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

We must understand that he dont communicate with his team through the press. We have seen such statements from Wolf and Horner. What is important is letting the result speak. As you said i believe in Binotto skills and knowledge, and so in his choises in team members.

so Binotto already conceded the title to Lewis?

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    I am glad Ferrari has more faith in Binotto than members here.
    Look where that faith has got the team. Even Seb with his 4 x WDCs can;t get a win. Binotto want's to be able to say, I told everyone we were not yet ready after every loss. Just pay me and we can try again next race.

All negeative forum members chao .Leave quietly and don't let the back door hit your behinds on the way out.

I believe some forum members believe Binotto has an idea as to what's going on at Ferrari . He is causing despair among the fans saying Ferrari isn't ready for the WCC . He's just upset that Lewis will do 7 WDCs and pass 91 wins with him at the helm @ Ferrari. Unforgivable that what it is. Fans only know what they read so far for the coming season which is negativity by someone who is in the know. We have Charles to look forward to!!!