Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Ferrari News

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    There we go again... For 12 years...
    12 yrs. later no wins for Ferrari, and Seb still wants to be Schumy Jr. Is Bimotto is the new Todt ? Let Charles race !!! Lewis has enough going for him @ Merc without Binotto also
    helping him. Ferrari needs more down force, better tire choices! There! That's more like it ! Can anyone still remember Brasil 2019 ?

BINOTTO: WINNING CYCLES TAKE TIME

Ferrari boss Mattia Binotto has revealed he is not expecting championship success in his second year on the job, admitting the competition makes such predictions impossible.

Appearing on Italian broadcaster RAI’s Che Tempo Che Fa alongside drivers Sebastian Vettel and Charles Leclerc, the 50-year-old Italian insisted the Scuderia’s improved pace in his first season in charge does not mean another dominant period is around the corner.

“It would be wrong to make predictions, last year we did well at the tests then there was the cold shower in Australia,” he said, referring to Ferrari’s rude awakening at the first race of the 2019 season after a strong showing in preseason testing.

“We’re a young team, we’re trying to build, winning cycles take time, F1 is very competitive, never before have opponents been so strong, but the commitment is there, it’s a beautiful team.”

Despite Binotto’s words to the contrary, Ferrari are widely expected to give reigning champions Mercedes a run for their money in 2020, while the relationship between Vettel and Leclerc remains firmly under the microscope after a somewhat-rocky first season together.

Nevertheless, Binotto seems more than satisfied with his drivers.

“They are the best pairing in the championship, but sometimes they make a fuss” he said with a smile.

When the topic of Leclerc’s unauthorised skydive over the winter break came up, Binotto proceeded to offer a less-than-serious rebuke.

“Actually I haven’t forgiven him — he’ll never do it again, I hope he’ll understand,” he joked, before Vettel quipped: “Charles was just wrong not to invite Mattia to jump with him”.

https://www.grandprix247.com/2020/02...les-take-time/
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    BINOTTO: WINNING CYCLES TAKE TIME

Ferrari boss Mattia Binotto has revealed he is not expecting championship success in his second year on the job, admitting the competition makes such predictions impossible.

Appearing on Italian broadcaster RAI’s Che Tempo Che Fa alongside drivers Sebastian Vettel and Charles Leclerc, the 50-year-old Italian insisted the Scuderia’s improved pace in his first season in charge does not mean another dominant period is around the corner.

“It would be wrong to make predictions, last year we did well at the tests then there was the cold shower in Australia,” he said, referring to Ferrari’s rude awakening at the first race of the 2019 season after a strong showing in preseason testing.

“We’re a young team, we’re trying to build, winning cycles take time, F1 is very competitive, never before have opponents been so strong, but the commitment is there, it’s a beautiful team.”

Despite Binotto’s words to the contrary, Ferrari are widely expected to give reigning champions Mercedes a run for their money in 2020, while the relationship between Vettel and Leclerc remains firmly under the microscope after a somewhat-rocky first season together.

Nevertheless, Binotto seems more than satisfied with his drivers.

“They are the best pairing in the championship, but sometimes they make a fuss” he said with a smile.

When the topic of Leclerc’s unauthorised skydive over the winter break came up, Binotto proceeded to offer a less-than-serious rebuke.

“Actually I haven’t forgiven him — he’ll never do it again, I hope he’ll understand,” he joked, before Vettel quipped: “Charles was just wrong not to invite Mattia to jump with him”.

https://www.grandprix247.com/2020/02...les-take-time/

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Us fans already waited 12 years....how much luponger is this cycle gonna last until we win again
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Us fans already waited 12 years....how much luponger is this cycle gonna last until we win again
    It will be a nice movie titled: THE LONG WAIT !!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    It will be a nice movie titled: THE LONG WAIT !!!!!!!
    indeed it would be....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Binotto needs to become a Ferrari fan like the fans here, have some faith , hope for the future races. Charles needs to ignore Binotto, not only team orders but his lack of faith in the team.

Binotto is the ferrarist fan, he simply don't want to put excessive pressure on the team it won't help with the result. We dont want e Tiffosi like manager that act and scream around the box. We need sllution and result, so wait and see

Screaming around the box is a far cry from just showing hope and faith for the upcoming season. Going around shaking hands with the Ferrari crew and drivers saying were not in the competition ,were not ready to win . Doing interviews and saying Ferrari is not ready for a winning season just looks bad. Will Binotto feel bad if Ferrari wins the first race ?? I can't see "Your gonna lose! " as taking pressure off anyone except Merc and R Bull.

Like it or not, the length of time we've waited, or the frustration we feel has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not the team performs. Team performance is a combination of the personal efforts and expertise of all of the team members; drivers pit crew, mechanics, engineers, mangers, and the team principal. Improving performance of the team - and the car - depends on the increased efforts and expertise of each of them. Ferrari HAS improved under Binotto. The fact that they haven't won either the WDC or WCC is not a sign of failure. It is a sign of yet unrealized success. Improvement season to season, and race to race is what the team needs to seek. If they achieve that, eventually the WDC and the WCC will come. Perhaps Binotto is simply giving his realistic assessment of the situation. That being said, though it may be difficult, if not impossible, given the Italian motorsports press, Binotto needs to refrain from such statements. They can only serve to demoralize the team. He needs to concentrate on the job at hand and run the team to get the most out of each team member.

I am glad Ferrari has more faith in Binotto than members here.

We must understand that he dont communicate with his team through the press. We have seen such statements from Wolf and Horner. What is important is letting the result speak. As you said i believe in Binotto skills and knowledge, and so in his choises in team members.

so Binotto already conceded the title to Lewis?

I am glad Ferrari has more faith in Binotto than members here.
    Look where that faith has got the team. Even Seb with his 4 x WDCs can;t get a win. Binotto want's to be able to say, I told everyone we were not yet ready after every loss. Just pay me and we can try again next race.

All negeative forum members chao .Leave quietly and don't let the back door hit your behinds on the way out.

I believe some forum members believe Binotto has an idea as to what's going on at Ferrari . He is causing despair among the fans saying Ferrari isn't ready for the WCC . He's just upset that Lewis will do 7 WDCs and pass 91 wins with him at the helm @ Ferrari. Unforgivable that what it is. Fans only know what they read so far for the coming season which is negativity by someone who is in the know. We have Charles to look forward to!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I believe some forum members believe Binotto has an idea as to what's going on at Ferrari . He is causing despair among the fans saying Ferrari isn't ready for the WCC . He's just upset that Lewis will do 7 WDCs and pass 91 wins with him at the helm @ Ferrari. Unforgivable that what it is. Fans only know what they read so far for the coming season which is negativity by someone who is in the know. We have Charles to look forward to!!!
    Indeed we have Charles, but I am sure his contract has some escape clauses built in if we become a midfield contender.

Yes, let Charles do everything from designing the car to building it as well as bring updates, change his own tyres and do his own de-briefing. A true one man show! He is the only one we have to look forward to, everyone else is just second rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari312T4 View Post
    Indeed we have Charles, but I am sure his contract has some escape clauses built in if we become a midfield contender.
    Let him go if he wants. Ferrari has never had a shortage of drivers wanting to drive its cars.

Let him go if he wants. Ferrari has never had a shortage of drivers wanting to drive its cars.

Yes, let Charles do everything from designing the car to building it as well as bring updates, change his own tyres and do his own de-briefing. A true one man show! He is the only one we have to look forward to, everyone else is just second rate.

Driving for Ferrari itself is like a awesome feeling & every driver on the grid are looking out for at some point of their career.

If Charles was getting $50 million a year with his new deal he probably would do all that, except change his tires. Everyone else is I'd say 3rd not 2nd rate. Just compare Merc pit stops last season to Ferrari's ! 3rd rate is a compliment !

If Charles was getting $50 million a year with his new deal he probably would do all that, except change his tires. Everyone else is I'd say 3rd not 2nd rate. Just compare Merc pit stops last season to Ferrari's ! 3rd rate is a compliment !
    Ferrari doesn't need your 3rd rate compliments. And they are not bothered with their cash outflow.

Ferrari doesn't need your 3rd rate compliments. And they are not bothered with their cash outflow.
    I agree with you again ! Ferrari made it to 3rd. rate all on their own, they don't need fans approval. Charles is the shinning hope @ Ferrari! Binotto had better wise up and let him race every race to win. Soon we can get Gio alongside him and all will be well.

I wonder if the Corona virus will have any bearing on the development or the people in Maranello. I very much hope it wont.

Quote Originally Posted by rochas View Post
    I wonder if the Corona virus will have any bearing on the development or the people in Maranello. I very much hope it wont.
    A good question! Also I wonder how the races will go attendance wise ? 100,000 + people gathered together wearing masks ? A lot of risk as to who's next to you .

A good question! Also I wonder how the races will go attendance wise ? 100,000 + people gathered together wearing masks ? A lot of risk as to who's next to you .

Bit more info on that for you

Italy has imposed a strict quarantine across at least 10 towns as authorities in its wealthy northern regions battled to contain the largest outbreak of coronavirus outside of Asia.

Officials said on Sunday that a third Italian had died from the virus as the infection count rose to 152, up from just three identified cases on Friday morning, raising fears that coronavirus is spreading at pace through Europe.

The last days of the Venice Carnival and several Serie A football fixtures were cancelled. Authorities also closed schools and universities as they struggled to find the source of the outbreak. Large Italian companies, including the bank UniCredit, told employees in affected towns not to come to work.

“I was surprised by this explosion of cases,” prime minister Giuseppe Conte told state broadcaster RAI, warning that the number was likely to rise in coming days. “We will do everything we can to contain the contagion.”

In Italy, the majority of new cases are concentrated in the wealthy northern regions of Lombardy and Veneto that make up around a third of the output of an Italian economy already teetering on the brink of a recession.

Police have established a blockade around a cluster of 10 communities south of Milan with a population of about 50,000 people, where a large number of infections have been identified. Locals in the affected areas have been told not leave their houses, while anyone entering the area has been warned by police they will not be allowed to leave. Those who disobey the instructions face fines or potential imprisonment.

People queue at a supermarket in one of the quarantined areas in northern Italy © Guglielmo Mangiapane/Reuters
    Mr Conte this weekend announced “extraordinary measures” to tackle the outbreak and said that the quarantine conditions would potentially be in place for several weeks if necessary.

Italian health authorities have so far been unable to identify the exact source of the outbreak, and how it has apparently spread so quickly between patients who have not had direct contact with travellers from China.

“We have still not been able to identify patient zero so it is difficult to predict new cases,” said Angelo Borrelli, the extraordinary commissioner in charge of emergencies.

Luca Zaia, governor of the Veneto region, said the last two days of the Venice carnival would be cancelled and declared to reporters that the outbreak was “the absolutely worst problem that Veneto has faced” during his time in office; the region has previously been hit by floods and other natural disasters.

He also said that the difficulty the authorities faced finding the original source of the outbreak suggested that the spread of the virus may be far larger than believed when the first cases were identified late last week.

The chineese have a lot to answer for they created this through poor hygiene standard's and cross blood contamination from animal and seafood products .The blame falls squarely at there feet.God only knows how long this will last.Shame on them.

Evo...Spook, thank you for that post. I doubt the races can go on with just home viewers? And how can anyone blame the drivers and the rest of the team members for not wanting to show up?

Evo...Spook, thank you for that post. I doubt the races can go on with just home viewers? And how can anyone blame the drivers and the rest of the team members for not wanting to show up?
    You have missed something
    Ferrari is not far from the places under quarantine
    If it spreads Ferrari could be band from travelling to Melbourne