Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 780 of 1442

Thread: 2020 F1 news/rumours

  1. #751
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,329
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    No mentions of new upgrades in the Ferrari preview for this weekend, Mekies only said that they try to improve the understanding of the car since we have two GPs in Silverstone & that they will try to get as much information as possible to develop the car in the right direction.

    Laurent Mekies: "The race team had a few days back at base to regroup after the first triple header, and we are all returning to the track with the strong will to deliver the best possible result this weekend. It is certainly a character building start to the season but we know that we can count on our team, our drivers, and our fans, to fight back as a united group.
    There is no magic formula to turn things around quickly and there’s a lot of hard work ahead of us, which is what we are here for”.

    “Understand the car”
    Silverstone has been the weakest track for Ferrari in the past many years. With the current car, the qualifying gap from Hamilton to Leclerc would be between 2 to 2.5 seconds. And they bring no upgrades, smh. This snail pace development speed does not work against Mercedes and Red Bull.

  2. #752
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    France
    Posts
    526
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Silverstone has been the weakest track for Ferrari in the past many years. With the current car, the qualifying gap from Hamilton to Leclerc would be between 2 to 2.5 seconds. And they bring no upgrades, smh. This snail pace development speed does not work against Mercedes and Red Bull.
    it's becoming somewhat pathetic

  3. #753
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    it's becoming somewhat pathetic
    Very pathetic.

    Helmut Marko -

    “Why is Mercedes so openly demonstrating its superiority?” he wondered to Auto, Motor und Sport.

    “In our good years, we didn’t try to drive every race so blatantly far ahead.

    “The Mosley and the Bernie would have slowed us down immediately, which has happened often enough anyway.”

    https://www.planetf1.com/news/helmut...tone-red-bull/

    They also slowed Ferrari and Schumacher down during our dominant years. So I keep returning to the same question, why are all the teams (not just Ferrari), FIA and Liberty complacent with Merc dominance? There is more profits for them if other teams are winning races. Makes no sense to me - there must be a bigger plan.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

  4. #754
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,337
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    It has not been competitive for years - a joke really. Specific rules for specific teams apply. It has been said before and will say say it again, Merc was handed 6-8 championships with a guarantee of no competition from other teams. Now Ferrari is conceding defeat for the next two years. They are confident of being competitive in the next cycle. Who is to say that McLaren, RedBull or even Williams wont have a better interpretation of the new rules? Then they are locked in again at that point and we will be screwed again.
    I think it’s better to save money for pre-launch event next year by Ferrari. As we know car is not competitive for next year too said by our chief. So better save everything as much as they can.

  5. #755
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Hey guys see you in about two years time :)
    ...

  6. #756
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,260
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    If you want to win, you don't worry about the sniffles which leave 99.98% of people alive. It's yet another failure in Ferrari's management. If a supermarket cashier can work through the plandemic and come in contact with hundreds of different people a day, an engineer or tech in the engine department can as well. You didn't see Walmart or Home Depot employees dropping like flies did you? It's a **** poor excuse.
    You realise the Italian govt implemented the lockdown and closing of non nonessential work etc right? I guess not as you just seem ignorant about it.

    Oh and - https://metro.co.uk/2020/07/14/shop-...ntry-12988352/

    Carry on talking rubbish though....
    Forza Ferrari

  7. #757
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Hey guys see you in about two years time :)
    Wonder how many million viewers F1 will lose this year and next?

    Last year wasn't that bad compared and already 20 million were lost. I also wonder how long F1 can sustain year on year dwindling viewers combined with unpopular rules and a controversial and already unpopular champion.

    The comments on Youtube and news articles have been brutal towards Hamilton and Mercedes, even from British viewers.

  8. #758
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA!
    Posts
    2,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    You realise the Italian govt implemented the lockdown and closing of non nonessential work etc right? I guess not as you just seem ignorant about it.

    Oh and - https://metro.co.uk/2020/07/14/shop-...ntry-12988352/

    Carry on talking rubbish though....
    Oh Slappy, Ferrari is intricately an Italian team, surely it's essential, no?

    They declared Avio exempt, you know, for that world famous Italian space program. If they can exempt Avio, they can exempt Ferrari

  9. #759
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,260
    No not essential.
    Forza Ferrari

  10. #760
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    8,361
    so apparently NOT even merc know why the new engines are smoking now and again....YEAH RIGHT....

    https://www.crash.net/f1/news/940686...king-f1-engine

  11. #761
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    3,065
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Very pathetic.

    Helmut Marko -

    “Why is Mercedes so openly demonstrating its superiority?” he wondered to Auto, Motor und Sport.

    “In our good years, we didn’t try to drive every race so blatantly far ahead.

    “The Mosley and the Bernie would have slowed us down immediately, which has happened often enough anyway.”

    https://www.planetf1.com/news/helmut...tone-red-bull/

    They also slowed Ferrari and Schumacher down during our dominant years. So I keep returning to the same question, why are all the teams (not just Ferrari), FIA and Liberty complacent with Merc dominance? There is more profits for them if other teams are winning races. Makes no sense to me - there must be a bigger plan.
    I've been asking myself that same question... what is Mercedes dangling over F1's nose that F1 cannot live without....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

  12. #762
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,585
    Must be something or it's a personal vendetta against Ferrari by someone in the F1/FIA hierarchy because there is no way this is good for viewership. Wolf does have stakes now in 3 teams though.

  13. #763
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    England
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I've been asking myself that same question... what is Mercedes dangling over F1's nose that F1 cannot live without....
    Likely dangling nothing, they will just pull out as soon as they do not win, then F1 is a major team down. Ferrari would never pull out, Merc is a fair weather team, it's actually a bit like the Enstone team just a F1 British shell company that any manufacturer can come along and slap their badge on its ****. This is not really a Mercedes, Mercs more a title sponsor of this F1 entity.

  14. #764
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,759
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    so apparently NOT even merc know why the new engines are smoking now and again....YEAH RIGHT....

    https://www.crash.net/f1/news/940686...king-f1-engine
    Ha bunch of hypocrites...
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

  15. #765
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I've been asking myself that same question... what is Mercedes dangling over F1's nose that F1 cannot live without....
    To let other team, in this case Merc dominate & keep ferrari down a little bit.
    Remember ferrari has veto power where no other Team as such.

  16. #766
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,585
    Maybe they should veto this new token system.

  17. #767
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    3,065
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    To let other team, in this case Merc dominate & keep ferrari down a little bit.
    Remember ferrari has veto power where no other Team as such.
    It seems they haven't used their veto power very wisely unfortunately :(
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

  18. #768
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    8,361
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    It seems they haven't used their veto power very wisely unfortunately :(
    they didn't and u know why??? for THE GOOD OF THE SPORT......lol

  19. #769
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,792
    Funny how Wolff knows the exact amount of HP we had over their engine last year. To the sheep that actually believe Merc and the FIA aren’t in bed together, wake up. All the protests, extra sensors etc was all to give Merc the blueprints to our engine. Now, they have not only stopped us from using our power, but they have most likely copied it. This sport is an absolute joke. I need to take a break from this for my sanity lol


    Ferrari engine ’68 hp’ up on Mercedes in 2019

    https://www.planetf1.com/news/ferrar...tage-mercedes/
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

  20. #770
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    so apparently NOT even merc know why the new engines are smoking now and again....YEAH RIGHT....

    https://www.crash.net/f1/news/940686...king-f1-engine
    I never trusted that piece of **** Wolff. He knows everything inside his team, who is he kidding? I think it`s about time that the FIA turned to the Merc engine. I would like to see a couple of sensors in that piece of ****-engine. What makes the merc-engine so superior? I have my questions about how an engine is so dominant without any use of loopholes? But noooooooooo, the other teams don`t dare to say that to the FIA. Excuse my language, i am just fed up with this ******** that the FIA never seems to question Mercedes. Wish this season never started, to be honest. Ferrari is really a disgrace. I just can`t believe the timesheets sometimes. Maybe it is part of the secret agreement between Ferrari and the Fia, who knows.
    Last edited by Rob; 29th July 2020 at 22:35.

  21. #771
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    England
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by badr View Post
    I never trusted that piece of **** Wolff. He knows everything inside his team, who is he kidding? I think it`s about time that the FIA turned to the Merc engine. I would like to see a couple of sensors in that piece of ****-engine. What makes the merc-engine so superior? I have my questions about how an engine is so dominant without any use of loopholes? But noooooooooo, the other teams don`t dare to say that to the FIA. Excuse my language, i am just fed up with this ******** that the FIA never seems to question Mercedes. Wish this season never started, to be honest. Ferrari is really a disgrace. I just can`t believe the timesheets sometimes. Maybe it is part of the secret agreement between Ferrari and the Fia, who knows.
    If I knew something on the Merc engine I would not protest at this stage if I were Ferrari. Reason being why drag their engine to your level now when your chassis is rubbish so you do not gain anything? Best to sort your car design out then protest half way through 2021 by which time Ferrari have had 18 months to improve the engine that complies with FIA clarifications whilst Merc would have 6 months to do so and be in a similar situation to Ferrari now, chassis would should at the point of 2022 with structural changes in the organisation be better placed to take full advantage.

  22. #772
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,002
    Binotto has put this forum under the 2022 spell just as he did with the team! What other T P tells their team 2 yrs. is where it's at?

  23. #773
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    England
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Binotto has put this forum under the 2022 spell just as he did with the team! What other T P tells their team 2 yrs. is where it's at?
    One that became TP a few weeks before the previous season started, who saw the fundamental process issues but had to soldier on as new rules for 2021, this has since changed due to unforeseen circumstances. All this is a carry over from previous regimes that has caused issues for the previous 10 years. To change things it's not the flick of a switch. Todt was given years, Merc started by buying the championship team for 2010 and took until 2014 to win, Red Bull took Newey in 2005/2006 and did not win a title until 2010, intact RedBull were beaten to their 1st win by their junior team in 2008, imagine Ferrari were beaten to a win by Haas? Horner, Wolf, Todt were given more than 2 years to win titles, in my opinion Binotto should be given the chance. Of course this is just my opinion but chopping and changing every year if you do not win is not building its treading water.

  24. #774
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,002
    Keep Binotto on as T P but tell him to show hope by talking a little more positive . Ferrari's not in last place.

  25. #775
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Keep Binotto on as T P but tell him to show hope by talking a little more positive . Ferrari's not in last place.
    Faster than Williams, Haas, Alpha Tauri, Alfa Romeo and slower than the remaining ones isn't something to be proud of.

  26. #776
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,083
    "There is no magic formula to turn things around quickly"

    Maybe there isn't. But I do wonder though, how can a team go this much backward under a stable regulation, in 2017 Ferrari won the Hungarian GP and scored 1-2, 3 years later they're getting lapped. What sort of "magic formula" does it require to achieve this feat I wonder.

    And now I'm getting deja-vus. They are talking about "winning circles", "united team", "character building", as they used to do back in 2010's under Domenicalli. But unfortunately, talk is cheap.
    Ferrari can say whatever they like, but the simple fact is, Mercedes is a better team. And the better team will always prevail, and they don't have to waste their words on making a "winning circle", because it will come to them naturally.

  27. #777
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,002
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Faster than Williams, Haas, Alpha Tauri, Alfa Romeo and slower than the remaining ones isn't something to be proud of.
    Very true but still the most sought after seat in F-1 is with Ferrari. That's to be proud of. Even with Binotto's despair I believe Charles is proud to be with Ferrari and hopes to get a few wins, and does his best to get one.

  28. #778
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,337
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    "There is no magic formula to turn things around quickly"

    Maybe there isn't. But I do wonder though, how can a team go this much backward under a stable regulation, in 2017 Ferrari won the Hungarian GP and scored 1-2, 3 years later they're getting lapped. What sort of "magic formula" does it require to achieve this feat I wonder.

    And now I'm getting deja-vus. They are talking about "winning circles", "united team", "character building", as they used to do back in 2010's under Domenicalli. But unfortunately, talk is cheap.
    Ferrari can say whatever they like, but the simple fact is, Mercedes is a better team. And the better team will always prevail, and they don't have to waste their words on making a "winning circle", because it will come to them naturally.

  29. #779
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Very true but still the most sought after seat in F-1 is with Ferrari. That's to be proud of. Even with Binotto's despair I believe Charles is proud to be with Ferrari and hopes to get a few wins, and does his best to get one.
    Charles is for wins?? R u sure .
    We are looking for championships with champion driver. Not wins.

  30. #780
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,002
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Charles is for wins?? R u sure .
    We are looking for championships with champion driver. Not wins.
    Winning championships without wins sounds hard to do. Only Lewis could possibly win a championship without any wins. Maybe Max also could WDC without winning races, but Charles needs to win races to WDC.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •