Thread: 2020 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    If I were Binotto, I'd have a testing mule running around Fiorano 24x7 right now and develop current and future Ferrari's based on that data. Sure, it will be illegal, but 15 points deduction for that will be totally worth it.
    Great idea! 15 points is nothing compared to Binotto's 2yr. wait for any hope to come to the team as to winning. Something for Seb to do while waiting for his check!

The wolf is crying will not sign Concorde agreement crying mercedes are the bid losers and Ferrari win lion share of the$$$$ and red bull.Well totto the fia can not save your ass with this one.Come on wolf hang around for 2021 binotto hopes you will.What a sook .

Five teams, including Williams, appeal verdict

https://www.planetf1.com/news/five-teams-appeal/

“I think that’s confusing for the fans. How is something that is not legal in Austria still on the car?

“They claimed they had copied the car via photography. It’s clear from reading the document that that’s BS. And therefore you have to question anything else around that car”.

At least I’m not the only one who thinks Merc and RP are lying. That car was not built with pictures, and I’m glad the teams are pushing the FIA. Hopefully something comes of this.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

A lot of folks around here wanted to see Team Principles grow a sack, it's good to see some are flat out calling it BS. Everyone knew it was from day 1, but now there is enough evidence to support a proper investigation, and perhaps even legal.

I just hope Mercedes gets punished, as they are basically the drug dealers in the whole scenario.

Ferrari's Charles Leclerc: I'm tired of being called racist for not kneeling

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id...t-not-kneeling

I knew it would come to this . I am so full of it!!!!! Cmon!!!! Stop it allready!!!!! Live and let other live!!!!

I don't understand why the FIA don't come down hard on RP.
    If RP can get away with this, it will eliminate the mid field competition as well. The other smaller teams will have no chance of ever competing unless they too become b-team to the top teams and gain the same advantage.
    Eventually, half of them will be b-teams and the rest might as well not race at all.

That would be an insane thing to happen to F1, and the FIA have to put a stop to that before it starts damaging the sport further.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Ferrari's Charles Leclerc: I'm tired of being called racist for not kneeling

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id...t-not-kneeling

I knew it would come to this . I am so full of it!!!!! Cmon!!!! Stop it allready!!!!! Live and let other live!!!!
    this is becoming ridiculous. I only kneel to my god and savior Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Five teams, including Williams, appeal verdict

https://www.planetf1.com/news/five-teams-appeal/

“I think that’s confusing for the fans. How is something that is not legal in Austria still on the car?

“They claimed they had copied the car via photography. It’s clear from reading the document that that’s BS. And therefore you have to question anything else around that car”.

At least I’m not the only one who thinks Merc and RP are lying. That car was not built with pictures, and I’m glad the teams are pushing the FIA. Hopefully something comes of this.
    Could Mercedes be punished for collaborating?

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Did he let him pass? I really don't remember him having to move over from 1st place at least. But maybe I just don't want to see it happening. I'm going to check out Canadian Vino! Do you know a good name? Not Down force I hope!!
    If you don't remember it is time you visit a neurologist

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Not something Michael did! 2010 Hungary Gp @180 mph. Schumy pushed Rubens far enough into a concrete wall to kill him. He missed hitting the wall by centimeters ! The wall ended and Rubens lived ! It was over 10th place. Schumy finished 11th. Rubens escaped death, alive and well till this day. He still says he can't shake it away in his mind. 1994 British GP; Schumy ignored the black flag getting a 2 race ban. Lewis has a long way to go to match Michael's illegal moves. Lewis should be content just doing 100 poles . 100 wins, 10 WDCs. Forget trying to match Michael with all the other famous moves on the track . When it comes to former Ferrari drivers it's certainly understandable for fans here to be a bit biased.
    It ia called racing. If it was not Reubens you would not care.

"If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    It ia called racing. If it was not Reubens you would not care.

Besides Ross Brawn none of the F-1 people including drivers said it was just racing . I was devastated when Ayrton and Bianchi died! Anyway all's well that ends well. Rubens is thank God alive and well; still proud to have been with Ferrari. He also got to finish 10th. that race.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Yes, they will be given another free hand for development & rivals will get guidelines to follow Mercs black livery, protect racism.

Haas*team principal Guenther Steiner hopes the court of appeal will be able to clarify any potential involvement of*Mercedes*in the*Racing Point*brake duct saga.

On Thursday Racing Point was docked 15 constructors' championship points and fined €400,000 after stewards deemed the rear brake ducts to have been predominantly designed by Mercedes and not in house by Racing Point as per the regulations.

Racing Point refute this and has given notice of intent to appeal the decision, but*Ferrari,*Renault,*Williams*and*McLaren*have all given notice of intent to appeal the leniency of the sanction.

Steiner outlined Haas did not give any notice of intent to the FIA because: "There is three big teams protesting, three teams with a lot of money. This costs time, money and resources, and in the end, if you are going in as a small team, if the big teams protest they will have so much more ammunition to do it than we do."

He did however confirm his team would keep a watching brief and would be happy to answer questions on the topic if the court of appeal requested this.

Mercedes boss Toto Wolff has been keeping a close eye on the situation and Steiner was not surprised by the vociferous nature of the Austrian's defence of Racing Point.

Questioned by GPFans, Steiner said: "I’m not surprised of that one because they apparently gave data to Racing Point which is not allowed, like Ferrari would never give us data, that’s what I’ve said before, for the brake ducts last year for the ‘20 car because they are not allowed to.

"So for sure, he is trying to defend the case. He’s just doing his job you know."

He added: If they did [supply parts and/or data], there should be problems for them, but first we have to see if they did and that is what the court of appeal will hopefully find out with more detail than the stewards did.”

Both Wolff and Racing Point team principal Otmar Szafnauer have used the 2015 Haas car, one that closely resembled the '14 Ferrari, as an example of copying being prevalent in Formula 1 for years.

Of this, Steiner said: "Toto came up with in 2015 we copied the Ferrari and first of all, in ’15, things were completely different anyway and they were changed afterwards.

"We are five years on and first of all, we didn’t buy a Ferrari or we didn’t copy completely a Ferrari, but even if we did, it was still – what I want to say is, what we always did was always keeping the FIA informed and doing what was legal and not doing anything which you shouldn’t be doing, and if we didn’t know, we asked the FIA.

"It was as simple as this. I don’t understand why they didn’t do that and now trying to throw stones at us, but we know how it is. Attack is the best form of defence so that is what they are trying now."

Mercedes certainly have their hands involved in this case and I really hope we get to find out what has actually happened behind closed doors. I also still don't understand why their engine is still smoking in almost every single corner and no team complains about it.
    Red is the only color!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I don't understand why the FIA don't come down hard on RP.
    If RP can get away with this, it will eliminate the mid field competition as well. The other smaller teams will have no chance of ever competing unless they too become b-team to the top teams and gain the same advantage.
    Eventually, half of them will be b-teams and the rest might as well not race at all.

That would be an insane thing to happen to F1, and the FIA have to put a stop to that before it starts damaging the sport further.
    I suppose the issue with so-called B teams is down to the engine supplier and without Ferrari, Merc and Honda, there is no alternative so presumably there are bound to be some parameters which are dictate the installation of those engines. I take your point, Hornet, and the FIA and Merc are doing a good job of damaging the sport already. There is no easy answer, sadly.

A snake has to ends the head and the tail the head belongs to totto wolf and the tail to lance stroll.stroll thought he would waltz in f1 and in no time be at the pointy end of the sport.Well the 2 amigos plan is in trouble with the fia intervention teams protesting racing point etc.Are mercedes involved of course they are.Racing point is a test mule for Aston Martin aka the wolf and stroll.

This my first post, I've been here a lot but just looked on. I couldn't help my self;
    Mercedes F1 team principal Toto Wolff invested in British manufacturer, Aston Martin. Obviously, the rumour mill sparked to life with suggestions that he may join the team. However, he has insisted that it is a mere “personal financial investment” and is staying loyal to Mercedes.

If Toto invested in Aston, believe me in the it's all about the money.

Well, the suitable punishment for Mercedes would be that they get no prize money for this year. That would really hurt.

It's always about the money the wolf and stroll were protecting there future investment in the Aston Martin project and racing point alias the pink mercedes is the test mule with information coming racing points way via mercedes Benz informant now the fia has to connect the dots if they have the courage.

BWAAHAHAHAH suck it Liberty Media! Revenue down by 97 % for Q2!

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/i...paign=widget-1

Bet your new politization of everything and mask virtue signalling (for everyone except Hamilton when demonstrating) won't go down too well either in the history books. Why drivers have to wear masks on the podium when already being proven negative to even be there is just making no sense. Talk about Bernie selling at the right time. In addition, the most unpopular driver and team steamrolling everything with all the other teams having been gagged and hands tied behind their backs won't do much well for those corrupt crooks' revenue stream. But hey, let's add Saudi Arabia and have some more fun Just when everyone was sick of politics in sport, they took it to a new level this year.
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 10th August 2020 at 13:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    BWAAHAHAHAH suck it Liberty Media! Revenue down by 97 % for Q2!

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/i...paign=widget-1

Bet your new politization of everything and mask virtue signalling (for everyone except Hamilton when demonstrating) won't go down too well either in the history books. Why drivers have to wear masks on the podium when already being proven negative to even be there is just making no sense. Talk about Bernie selling at the right time. In addition, the most unpopular driver and team steamrolling everything with all the other teams having been gagged and hands tied behind their backs won't do much well for those corrupt crooks' revenue stream. But hey, let's add Saudi Arabia and have some more fun Just when everyone was sick of politics in sport, they took it to a new level this year.
    Yeah...lets laugh at the current situation. Less revenue means less payment for most of the teams, means more chances of some teams getting bankrupt and more people without out a job. What a wonderful situation...surely it deserves laughs and celebrations....

Mask virtue signalling!? LMAO. Yeah, people wearing masks under the current pandemic situation...only because of virtue signalling...

Yeah...lets laugh at the current situation. Less revenue means less payment for most of the teams, means more chances of some teams getting bankrupt and more people without out a job. What a wonderful situation...surely it deserves laughs and celebrations....

Mask virtue signalling!? LMAO. Yeah, people wearing masks under the current pandemic situation...only because of virtue signalling...
    The spring of 2020 is over, enough people have had it for partial herd immunity by now, so the authorities should just pipe down. It's just destroying the environment, dumping more plastics in the oceans to force healthy people to wear them + they do also not work (Japan's second wave says hi). Also, check my nationality for more info. It has basically vanished completely now from Sweden because we let it loose and now we have immunity without masks. Also, living in what was the Swedish epicenter I didn't see a single sign of a pandemic in spring. Media hype is what it is. The media was on its way out losing all its importance, so they pounced like rabid dogs and pressured the politicians into stupid moves that destroyed the global economy. People always die of illnesses. It's a sad part of reality, that no politicians can control. Still, even in epicenter countries, the annual death total from covid will be less than 10 % of annual deaths or fewer than 0.1 % of the overall population. April 2020 was below December 1993 and January 2000 for deaths in Sweden and already in May 2020, the death count was lower (!) than a normal January.

It's just a nutcase exaggeration and F1 and other pro sports shouldn't play along or promote it. Simply having the drivers alone without masks would be a big signal.

The big issue here is that the average person can hardly use a calculator, let alone count the actual figures, hence they're easily led by the media into a panic frenzy. I did my math already in late winter and figured this would blow over after a short spike, just like it has.

Liberty Media deserve all the crap they can get for being in collusion with Mercedes to cheat time and time again. If they burn down F1 on the altar of political nonsense then more power to them. There will always be a successor. Keep politics out of sport for goodness sake.

As for Ferrari's handling this year, they've mostly stayed silent about everything, which is all I'm asking for. The best way to avoid polemics is to just being neutral. That other countries can't ever shut the trap about how Sweden handled covid like adults has definitely affected my view of many countries this year. British and American media should stay at an infinite distance from Swedish domestic issues.
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 10th August 2020 at 14:39.

The spring of 2020 is over, enough people have had it for partial herd immunity by now, so the authorities should just pipe down. It's just destroying the environment, dumping more plastics in the oceans to force healthy people to wear them + they do also not work (Japan's second wave says hi). Also, check my nationality for more info. It has basically vanished completely now from Sweden because we let it loose and now we have immunity without masks. Also, living in what was the Swedish epicenter I didn't see a single sign of a pandemic in spring. Media hype is what it is. The media was on its way out losing all its importance, so they pounced like rabid dogs and pressured the politicians into stupid moves that destroyed the global economy. People always die of illnesses. It's a sad part of reality, that no politicians can control. Still, even in epicenter countries, the annual death total from covid will be less than 10 % of annual deaths or fewer than 0.1 % of the overall population. It's just a nutcase exaggeration and F1 and other pro sports shouldn't play along or promote it. Simply having the drivers alone without masks would be a big signal.

The big issue here is that the average person can hardly use a calculator, let alone count the actual figures, hence they're easily led by the media into a panic frenzy. I did my math already in late winter and figured this would blow over after a short spike, just like it has.

Liberty Media deserve all the crap they can get for being in collusion with Mercedes to cheat time and time again. If they burn down F1 on the altar of political nonsense then more power to them. There will always be a successor. Keep politics out of sport for goodness sake.
    People also die from road accident, but it doesn't mean we don't need seat belts anymore. And Sweden is a country of only 10 million population, but it's death per 100,000 residents is even higher than the US or Brazil.

When it comes to pandemic I will take doctors and health experts advice seriously.

And politics is everywhere, it's impossible to keep it away from a global sport like F1.

People also die from road accident, but it doesn't mean we don't need seat belts anymore. And Sweden is a country of only 10 million population, but it's death per 100,000 residents is even higher than the US or Brazil.

When it comes to pandemic I will take doctors and health experts advice seriously.

And politics is everywhere, it's impossible to keep it away from a global sport like F1.
    We still have 0.05 % of the population succumbing to this compared to the expected annual average of 1.2 % of people dying every year. Big difference mate

We still have 0.05 % of the population succumbing to this compared to the expected annual average of 1.2 % of people dying every year. Big difference mate
    Maybe to you mate. As the data clearly shows, Sweden's death per capita is one of highest in the world. And on balance Sweden's metrics are still lagging its other nordic neighbors, suggesting that Sweden's no mask strategy has yet to redeem itself.

And at the end of day, I would try to do my best so other people don't suffer because of me. So I will keep on wearing mask when I'm going outside, and listen to experts rather than politicians.

Maybe to you mate. As the data clearly shows, Sweden's death per capita is one of highest in the world. And on balance Sweden's metrics are still lagging its other nordic neighbors, suggesting that Sweden's no mask strategy has yet to redeem itself.

And at the end of day, I would try to do my best so other people don't suffer because of me. So I will keep on wearing mask when I'm going outside, and listen to experts rather than politicians.
    The crucial part is that the blew the elderly care homes in early spring, to enable protection you need more than masks: in effect "helmet-like" things that Toto had in Austria or proper surgical equipment and they had none in stock + they didn't close the visits. They could've had half the deaths and still the same immunity in society today. But that's a political issue and is the only issue that I have with Sweden's handling of the thing. They failed to protect the only people who needed protection. The average granny on the street not in a nursing home is extremely likely to survive an interaction with covid, so the "you're gonna kill granny" is the main lie about this. It's only those who were in really bad health to begin with and could also include middle aged people with cardiovascular issues et cetera. It should be a good reminder to us all that we need to take care of ourselves rather than running to daddy governments to save us.

Anyway, checking the graphs at www.c19.se/en you can see that the immunity is taking hold and that once a certain amount of the healthy populace have had it, risk groups are generally spared afterwards. This is what's happening now and it's also why it's such a media grift at this point

#AMuS Mercedes is not ready to sign the new Concorde Agreement. Deadline is 12.08. If Mercedes won't sign, it doesn't mean they will leave F1, they will continue to negotiate, they just won't get the signing bonus of 5mio dollar with a postponement. Mercedes wants better conditions and more money. Meanwhile Liberty do not want to open their wallets any further to put Mercedes in a better position.

Just let them leave. If need be, there are three other manufacturers to supply AM (Honda), McLaren (Renault) and Williams (one of the three).

Hulkenberg was Mercedes' next choice after Hamilton for 2013, Brawn has revealed #

Motorsport.com