Page 38 of 64 FirstFirst ... 13242526272829303132333435363738394041424344454647484950515263 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1908

Thread: 2020 F1 news/rumours

A
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Back in Maranello, the engineers analysed all the Belgian data to understand why the team’s performance did not live up to expectations. For the #ItalianGP, the SF1000s will have a special aero package which should help the drivers to get the most out of the car this weekend."

Binotto is giving another surprise this weekend
    If it’s like the surprise he promised us in Spa......we’ll i think I’ll pass since that surprised us really good by fighting with Williams, Haas....lol

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    The SF1000-B
    It would be about time.....but something tells me otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Good points! They could possibly want to leave 'undefeated'.
    It's also entirely possible that Hammy might retire at the end of next season due to the inevitable 8-100 (*pukes*) and then that will open the door for Vettel to take his spot. I think that's what Seb has in mind as the reason why he's not signed for Aston Martin - that he's got the eyes on a much bigger prize. I wouldn't be surprised if Mercedes remain that they'll have Vettel in the team in 2022 and might actually swap out both drivers since Bottas is a lot more midfield team material than someone for a proper top team. The way Hammy's mental state appears to be I think he basically just wants to break the record and get away, he doesn't seem to be enjoying himself at all nowadays that he got no-one to even fight with. He knows just as well as us that the only thing he needs to win is to beat a driver who barely cracks the upper half of the field for ability. So, I think that, given he knows he'll win 2021 easily by default, he'll want to go out on top while he knows that he can't get beaten.

On the other hand if either us, Red Bull or Renault would produce a flier for Leclerc, Verstappen or Alonso in 2022, he'd bow out on a completely different note.
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 2nd September 2020 at 21:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    It's also entirely possible that Hammy might retire at the end of next season due to the inevitable 8-100 (*pukes*) and then that will open the door for Vettel to take his spot. I think that's what Seb has in mind as the reason why he's not signed for Aston Martin - that he's got the eyes on a much bigger prize. I wouldn't be surprised if Mercedes remain that they'll have Vettel in the team in 2022 and might actually swap out both drivers since Bottas is a lot more midfield team material than someone for a proper top team.
    hopefully by 2022 Ferrari will be a TOP DOG, and Charles will win many, many championships.....and vettel will be left to salivate by going to Merc, if he is.....he's had his chances in 17 and 18....had it NOT BEEN for the ballerina piruettes he'd prolly just might be a WDC with Ferrari.....

My tip Hamilton will equal shumachers record but he will not beat it.Next year will be a whole new ball game.Many races to go still 7 is not in the bag just yet.

Montezemolo about Ferrari's struggles: "We paid a very high price in 2014. We underestimated the complexity of the new power unit project. In comparison to Germany, there was also no hybrid culture here in Italy... Unfortunately the problems came after 2014. The people who ran Ferrari then had neither experience in Formula One nor competence for Formula One, and they thought that you could win quickly in Formula One just like that.

Montezemolo says one big mistake was to let go off James Allison...

Montezemolo: "I mention him, but I could also mention others. And then mistakes were made by transferring very good engineers from road car production to F1. Completely different skills are required there. Enzo always told me that if there is the best driver, I should get him. The same goes for the engineers. We have to hire the best people to improve the performance. And these engineers must help the young talents among them to grow.“

Montezemolo about Ferrari's struggles: "We paid a very high price in 2014. We underestimated the complexity of the new power unit project. In comparison to Germany, there was also no hybrid culture here in Italy... Unfortunately the problems came after 2014. The people who ran Ferrari then had neither experience in Formula One nor competence for Formula One, and they thought that you could win quickly in Formula One just like that.

Montezemolo says one big mistake was to let go off James Allison...

Montezemolo: "I mention him, but I could also mention others. And then mistakes were made by transferring very good engineers from road car production to F1. Completely different skills are required there. Enzo always told me that if there is the best driver, I should get him. The same goes for the engineers. We have to hire the best people to improve the performance. And these engineers must help the young talents among them to grow.“
    Was'nt it Montezemolo who wanted an all "Italian" F1 team i.e. engineers, aero, strategists, etc.???? Was'nt it Montezemolo who "dis-banded" Brawn, Todt, Bryne, etc.????

I agree with Ferrari's hurdles into the new formula in 2014 when compared to Germany but it's hypocrisy, during Montezemolo's time, of hiring the BEST when he got rid of the best (non-Italian).
    It's not how start but how you finish.

In Binotto's latest interview he now believes it could " take many years" for the team to return to competitiveness in F-1 ! When fans are allowed back in the stands, will Ferrari fans be there? How does that statement help anyone connected to Ferrari F-1 including us fans?

I have kept out of all discussions simply because I always felt that Ferrari was busy with some or other hidden agenda that we are simply not aware of.... yes conspiracy theorists rejoice....
    but... having received yesterday's newsletter from ferrari.com... with this subject line: Con Seb e Charlse in una Monza fuori dal comune
    I now understand what has and IS happening at Ferrari... simple INCOMPETENCE.
    nothing else to say. sad days...

I can picture binotto with a long grey beard with the caption a couple more years boys and we will be competitive.By the way the year is now 2030.

#AMuS After the Spa race, Mercedes engineers explained that Hamilton and Bottas were six to seven tenths slower than they could have driven most of the time. Mercedes were already preparing for the new engine rules starting from Monza...

this is insane. They are driving to their delta, still finished ahead with 1-2. Great F1

#AMuS After the Spa race, Mercedes engineers explained that Hamilton and Bottas were six to seven tenths slower than they could have driven most of the time. Mercedes were already preparing for the new engine rules starting from Monza...

this is insane. They are driving to their delta, still finished ahead with 1-2. Great F1
    Well is the Mercedes legal? I am pretty sure it's not

It was inevitable with the new owners. Another Monisha Kalteborn(Sauber).

Claire had no idea how to run and F1 team and single-handily destroyed her fathers team. To much pride to call her self out and step down years ago. Running a class leading Mercedes engine for the last 6 years and can’t get out of last place. She only has herself to blame.

Sad day for the Williams family.
    Last edited by ferrari1.8t; 3rd September 2020 at 12:54.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Such a shame.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Claire had no idea how to run and F1 team and single-handily destroyed her fathers team. To much pride to call her self out and step down years ago. Running a class leading Mercedes engine for the last 6 years and can’t get out of last place. She only has herself to blame.

Yup agree. On the same note, she will be ready in front to save merc team & accuse ferrari all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post

Not really, the season before she took over the team scored a grand total of 5 points and 9th in the WCC and when she took over the team, they got P3 in the WCC and beat us by around 100 points (sure, it was the Mercedes engine but it was her decision to get those in the first place and considering they beat McLaren and Force India, they had a decent chassis too). The truth is that the team became destined to be doomed the moment Frank refused BMW's offer for a more involved partnership. They could never find someone to fill the void of sponsorship money once BMW left. Good to say in hindsight, of course but that was the exact moment that lead to this day.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Will be curious what the 2021 calendar will look like, I think Australia, China, Japan, Singapore and Baku are rather unlikely, the former four for excessive restrictions on foreign travel that will linger and also Brazil won't be likely to have the contract renewed anyway. Singapore and Baku will be likely to miss out due to the costs of constructing the circuit while not knowing how many can attend. I tend to believe Monaco is safe unless there's a major second wave around that time. It's too important of an event to be cancelled twice.

My guess:

Vietnam
    Bahrain
    Turkey
    Holland
    Spain
    Monaco
    Canada
    Austria
    France
    Britain
    Germany (Nürburgring)
    Hungary
    Belgium
    Italy
    Russia
    Portugal
    USA
    Mexico
    Abu Dhabi

19 races overall. If the corona virus could spell curtains for the joke race in Baku, at least that would be a silver lining. If China could go for good and be replaced by Vietnam that'd be another nice bonus. Will be curious to see whether Nürburgring and Portimão could become regular calendar fixtures in the future, given their countries have no races. I think the appetite for a truly global calendar will be lower after this year. The only tracks I'd miss on this calendar are Melbourne, Suzuka and Singapore, the rest would just be "good riddance"! Sure, Interlagos would also be missed in one way but I doubt the personel are enjoying the bulletproof vehicles they have to travel in to get to the track much. I'd love it if Mugello could become a permanent fixture of a European Grand Prix, but I doubt that will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Was'nt it Montezemolo who wanted an all "Italian" F1 team i.e. engineers, aero, strategists, etc.???? Was'nt it Montezemolo who "dis-banded" Brawn, Todt, Bryne, etc.????

I agree with Ferrari's hurdles into the new formula in 2014 when compared to Germany but it's hypocrisy, during Montezemolo's time, of hiring the BEST when he got rid of the best (non-Italian).
    You do realize the Ferrari engine was the class of the field last year until they got caught doing something the FIA didn't like. Meanwhile, everyone else is doing something the FIA doesn't like but they can't prove it given that they weren't tipped off the way the FIA was about Ferrari...

And the Ferrari was doing quite well under Marchionne until his untimely passing... this is a political sport, Ferrari had a test track before, it gave them an advantage, it was removed from them... now others have the advantage... they were still the second best team for many years, which proves this crap about it being an Italian vs non-Italian thing is just way overblown...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Sadly second don’t win you championships ...ferrari gonna have tor try harder

What ever has happened at ferrari over the past year is open to so much conjecture.Ferrari has certainly turned the f1 world on its head for all the wrong reasons and there are obviously many.To say ferrari will bounce back is to easy.Ferrari are in a state of realisation that f1 is hard work and fierce.Unfortanately ferrari has shown little or no respect for opposing teams and have been out developed.Ferrari have failed to allow there f1 division to evolve, and are stuck with a very poor management structure.Ferrari seem to lack the ability to attract key figures easily but more importantly retain them.This has impacted greatly and unfortunately stunted the ferrari f1 development cycle the proof has been layer out bare for all to see as sad as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    What ever has happened at ferrari over the past year is open to so much conjecture.Ferrari has certainly turned the f1 world on its head for all the wrong reasons and there are obviously many.To say ferrari will bounce back is to easy.Ferrari are in a state of realisation that f1 is hard work and fierce.Unfortanately ferrari has shown little or no respect for opposing teams and have been out developed.Ferrari have failed to allow there f1 division to evolve, and are stuck with a very poor management structure.Ferrari seem to lack the ability to attract key figures easily but more importantly retain them.This has impacted greatly and unfortunately stunted the ferrari f1 development cycle the proof has been layer out bare for all to see as sad as it is.
    This is my personal opinion.

Given Ferrari's regressive stature in F1, I would'nt do any "silly" interviews regarding Seb, Charles or Binotto. We all know Ferrari F1 will not make progress this year and next year....it will be the same "excuses" over and over again.

Let's hope that they finish at least in the top 10 may be from 5th position to 10th anything out side this is diabolical the media knives are being sharpened in readiness for a media blood bath.Iam sure that the ferrari forum fans are on the ready to join the onslaught.lets hope for a fair result.

Thank you for the twitter ! There's a tear in my beer for sure. I'm sure Claire will still be involved $$ ! Frank & Claire are worth well over $100 million, and the Williams team will still go on. Meanwhile over @ Ferrari ; we have Binotto !

I remember Claire saying "It would be over my dead body to see Williams sold or turned into a B-team." yeeeeeeaaaah.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I remember Claire saying "It would be over my dead body to see Williams sold or turned into a B-team." yeeeeeeaaaah.
    And they have been B team since 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Meanwhile, everyone else is doing something the FIA doesn't like but they can't prove it given that they weren't tipped off the way the FIA was about Ferrari...
    Can't be said enough.

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    Can't be said enough.
    Yep they have become as dumb as can be when playing politics.

Camilleri: "Too many goodbyes in Ferrari. That's enough. We need stability"

Camilleri, CEO of Ferrari, spoke to the New York Times about the difficult moment for the Red in F1, but also about the farewell of Vettel and the collateral sports programs to F1 that could include WEC or IndyCar, but not Formula E.

Ferrari is going through a very complicated sporting phase due to the poor performance it is providing in Formula 1. The CEO of the Red team, Louis Camilleri, also spoke about this situation with an interview released in the last hours at the New York Times.

Camilleri underlined without hesitation the difficult moment that Ferrari is going through, but, for the first time, he wanted to focus on what, in his opinion, are the real problems of the team and also on the solutions that will be implemented immediately. First step to restart: trust in Mattia Binotto and the current team.

"Yes, we are in great difficulty, but I have complete faith in Mattia Binotto and his team. The results are not coming, but for some things it takes time. Unfortunately in the past there has been too much pressure and many people let go. There is. it was kind of a place with revolving doors. I'm putting an end to that situation. "

"What Ferrari needs is stability and concentration. If we look at Red Bull's period of victories, at the current one of Mercedes, in addition to the talent they have one of the keys is stability, and, frankly, Ferrari in this respect. is lacking ".

"If we look at Ferrari's past, at calibers like Jean Todt, Michael Schumacher and Ross Brawn, all of them took six years to start winning and capitalizing on the talent of an exceptional team. That's why I want to make sure that we is stability, although Ferrari is under incredible pressure, especially from the Italian media, which are sometimes brutal. They call for layoffs, but that is not the solution. This, however, does not mean that we do not plan to add new resources to the team. that we already have ".
    Goodbye Vettel, a difficult choice

Camilleri also spoke of the choice - painful - that led Ferrari to decide not to renew Sebastian Vettel's contract and to embrace a new challenge by hiring the Spaniard Carlos Sainz Jr.

"It was not an easy choice, but we thought about it a lot. Sebastian added a lot of value to Ferrari, but lately we have decided to think long term, about our future. We thought that joining Sainz and Leclerc was the best choice for the future. of Ferrari ".
    We think of other categories

With the budget cap coming into force in a few months, Louis Camilleri confirmed Ferrari's intention to look at other categories as well. IndyCar and WEC above all.

"We are studying IndyCar. It depends on the flexibility of the first regulation. We understand that they have tried to contain costs for the next seasons".

What the Prancing Horse does not really care about is Formula E: "It's not very relevant to us. Too many things in Formula E are standard. We'd like to go into categories where we can stand out. In Formula E it's hard to understand where you can do it. difference".

https://translate.google.com/transla...search&pto=aue