Page 44 of 56 FirstFirst ... 19303132333435363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1654

Thread: 2020 F1 news/rumours

  1. #1291
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiato-Greece
    Posts
    2,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Thank you ! How do you say "No team orders " in Greek? " Aroutis needs to be told by me!

    the simplest way is to say :
    Οχι οδηγίες απο την ομαδα witch is pronounced
    Ohi odigies apo tin omada.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

  2. #1292
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,455
    So according to AMuS, there are talks between Ferrari and Haas, in regards to Haas doing the same as Alfa Romeo and give one seat to a FDA driver next year.

    Pull Robert Shwartzman into Alfa in place of Gio, Mick To Haas In place of RG... that would do good.

  3. #1293
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    2,696
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Thank you ! How do you say "No team orders " in Greek? " Aroutis needs to be told by me!
    In pure greek form,
    Η formula 1 πάντα είχε οδηγίες προς τους οδηγούς.
    Do a Google translate:p

    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  4. #1294
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiato-Greece
    Posts
    2,880
    Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    In pure greek form,
    Η formula 1 πάντα είχε οδηγίες προς τους οδηγούς.
    Do a Google translate:p

    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

  5. #1295
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    8,405
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    So according to AMuS, there are talks between Ferrari and Haas, in regards to Haas doing the same as Alfa Romeo and give one seat to a FDA driver next year.

    Pull Robert Shwartzman into Alfa in place of Gio, Mick To Haas In place of RG... that would do good.
    you mean kimi will be in for another year???

  6. #1296
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N. Delhi/Helsinki
    Posts
    4,753
    Not sure about the authenticity but rumor is that Ineos & some British investor are in talks of taking over Mercedes F1 team

  7. #1297
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,455
    Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Not sure about the authenticity but rumor is that Ineos & some British investor are in talks of taking over Mercedes F1 team
    Yeah but toto dismissed those rumours.

  8. #1298
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,455
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    you mean kimi will be in for another year???
    Yes, he’s doing good. He’s giving a challenge to ferrari.

  9. #1299
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    659
    Hopefully for every day that passes, the stalemate between Hammy and Daimler will become starker. Would be so hilarious if he priced himself out of a new contract like Dovizioso did with Ducati. With the 2020 car still being around, Mercedes would win the title also with Bottas or Russell next year anyway. So knowing that in addition to him making insane public statements causing bad PR for Daimer, he really should have no bargaining power.

    With him and Toto gone, I might watch a full race again even if our car is a damn turtle.

  10. #1300
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    1,382
    Lewis is simply trying to cash in while he can.The value of f1 has gone out the door Damlier are having difficulty justifying his demands he needs to be careful.Mercedes have the car and many drivers can drive it to victory may be a chance Damlier may be willing to take.

  11. #1301
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,627
    Except that I don't think any team will be willing to pay 40-50 million for a driver these days. especially with such a talented group coming up from F2. Merc can put anyone in that car and still win... Perez, Hulk, Kimi.

  12. #1302
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    8,405
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Except that I don't think any team will be willing to pay 40-50 million for a driver these days. especially with such a talented group coming up from F2. Merc can put anyone in that car and still win... Perez, Hulk, Kimi.
    Yup...even crashjean, K mag and Maldonado would win a championship in that Merc

  13. #1303
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    1,382
    Cost capping f1 knee capped driver salaries throw in covid a predictable out come race day and the team has the power lewis will take a hair cut then again a shave job.This will be the outcome behind closed doors.

  14. #1304
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    659
    I expect a one-year cut-price deal and then Hammy to leave the team to take a sabbatical after next year. His mind seems to be elsewhere so he just wants his flawed records and then get out by the looks of it. If he was committed for the long term he wouldn't be a free agent by 17 September when he's got the only car that can win.

  15. #1305
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    1,382
    Lewis will go into the tee shirt and printing business that promotes his beliefs and he can really ramp up the black lives matter rant.His first tee shirt ALL LIVES MATTER.

  16. #1306
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA!
    Posts
    2,201
    Speaking of Lewis. Kimi posted this on his IG story last night and affirmed by love of him 10 fold. LOL

    kimiig.JPG

  17. #1307
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,804
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Speaking of Lewis. Kimi posted this on his IG story last night and affirmed by love of him 10 fold. LOL

    kimiig.JPG
    LMAO I believe his wife runs his IG, but still hilarious! I don't think many people in F1 like or respect Hamilton...other than the Sky fanboy club obviously.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

  18. #1308
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA!
    Posts
    2,201
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    LMAO I believe his wife runs his IG, but still hilarious! I don't think many people in F1 like or respect Hamilton...other than the Sky fanboy club obviously.
    Props to his wife then for not only being hot but having a savage sense of humor. I damn near spit my beer out when I saw it.

  19. #1309
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,455
    The FIA says that Racing Point (Aston Martin) will be able to use the 2020 Mercedes gearbox and suspension next year, without having to use development tokens for it. They clarified it again because there have been quite some disputes over it.

    @AMus

  20. #1310
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    794
    Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Lewis will go into the tee shirt and printing business that promotes his beliefs and he can really ramp up the black lives matter rant.His first tee shirt ALL LIVES MATTER.
    Brilliant!
    Black Lives Matter
    We Race as One
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

  21. #1311
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    The FIA says that Racing Point (Aston Martin) will be able to use the 2020 Mercedes gearbox and suspension next year, without having to use development tokens for it. They clarified it again because there have been quite some disputes over it.

    @AMus
    That's ridiculous. No development tokens need because merc have already done the development for them. It's a joke.

  22. #1312
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,804
    Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    That's ridiculous. No development tokens need because merc have already done the development for them. It's a joke.
    I think it’s the same with McLaren. That is the power Merc has in the sport right now. Unbelievable.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

  23. #1313
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    12,536
    And in the meantime Ferrari accepted everything, because it is good for the sport, right?!

  24. #1314
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    I think it’s the same with McLaren. That is the power Merc has in the sport right now. Unbelievable.
    It's incredible really, yet the likes of croft still say that Hass having a Ferrari engine is the equivalent of those teams having a carbon copy of the previous years merc.

  25. #1315
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,627
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    I think it’s the same with McLaren. That is the power Merc has in the sport right now. Unbelievable.


    I think McLaren will need to use their tokens because they are switching manufacturers. Unless something has changed, this was a topic of contention with McLaren because it gave RP and Alpha Tauri a free pass to upgrade their cars.

  26. #1316
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    4,090
    Horner is also saying that the Alpha Tauri 2021car will be a sister car to the Red Bull, so every team is becoming more interbred, but how come Ferrari are having to use tokens just to get an ICE that has enough power to pull the skin off a rice pudding? For the good of the sport we need the field to be closer together but all teams must be treated equally, no matter what Binotto has agreed.

  27. #1317
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,770
    Yeah we should make Alfa and Haas our sisters to, more data etc win win.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

  28. #1318
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,308
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Horner is also saying that the Alpha Tauri 2021car will be a sister car to the Red Bull, so every team is becoming more interbred, but how come Ferrari are having to use tokens just to get an ICE that has enough power to pull the skin off a rice pudding? For the good of the sport we need the field to be closer together but all teams must be treated equally, no matter what Binotto has agreed.
    We could buy a Mercedes engine I suppose.....
    Forza Ferrari

  29. #1319
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    323
    So Mercedes are now creating an environment where near half the cars could basically be clone cars. Other large teams would have to react since if a team does this it would give them an advantage. We could have less unique cars as a result and indirectly F1 could look more like a spec series.
    Last edited by JPZ; 18th September 2020 at 21:20.

  30. #1320
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    So Mercedes are now creating an environment where near half the cars could basically be clone cars. Other large teams would have to react since if a team does this it would give them an advantage. We could have less unique cars as a result and indirectly F1 could look more like a spec series.
    FIA already set rules about that in order to prevent what Tracing Point did in 2020.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •