Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ... 22333435363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1652

Thread: 2020 F1 news/rumours

  1. #1381
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,116
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    It's possible, and I stress possible, Porsche might join as an F1 engine supplier.
    After 2021; a White Label arrangement may go into effect allowing R Bull to continue using their Honda engines.

  2. #1382
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    7,676
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    After 2021; a White Label arrangement may go into effect allowing R Bull to continue using their Honda engines.
    If not Porsche, then it's Rnault that will power RedBull...yet again.....it's in the rules.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  3. #1383
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,116
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    If not Porsche, then it's Rnault that will power RedBull...yet again.....it's in the rules.
    The FIA makes and changes F-1 rules whenever they see fit. R Bull HONDA was, is the only hope of moving Merc out of 1st. or 2nd. each race. I can't imagine Renault keeping R Bull where they are .as far as a treat to Merc. Can Max do what he's doing without the Honda engine? Again, a re branded version of what they now have is legal and most likely what will happen. Especially if Max has any say in the matter!! ! Honda also benefits $$$ big time.
    Last edited by Brembo; 5th October 2020 at 05:34.

  4. #1384
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N. Delhi/Helsinki
    Posts
    4,753
    Rumors are Perez in talks with RB to replace Albon

  5. #1385
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    7,676
    Thailand: Interpol issues new Red Notice for Red Bull heir

    Police in Thailand say Interpol has issued a “Red Notice” for the apprehension of an heir to the Red Bull energy drink fortune involved in a 2012 traffic accident that killed a police officer

    BANGKOK -- Interpol issued a “Red Notice” last week informing member countries that Thailand sought the arrest of a Thai heir to the Red Bull energy drink fortune involved in a 2012 traffic accident that killed a police officer, Thai police said Monday.

    Police Deputy Spokesman Col. Kissana Phathanacharoen told The Associated Press that the France-based police cooperation agency issued the notice last Wednesday. He said Thai police are contacting the 194 members of Interpol to ask them to provide information about the whereabouts of the 38-year-old Vorayuth Yoovidhya, who is better known by the nickname “Boss.”

    A Red Notice is a request to police forces around the world “to locate and provisionally arrest an individual, pending extradition.” Some are made public but others are not in some circumstances. Interpol routinely declines to comment on individual cases on privacy grounds.

    Vorayuth’s Ferrari ran into the police officer's motorcycle on a Bangkok street in the early morning hours of Sept. 3, 2012, killing the officer. He avoided court appearances for several years and continued to live a jet-set life before fleeing abroad following the issue of an initial arrest warrant in 2017.

    Vorayuth has not commented publicly on the recent developments and his current whereabouts are unknown.

    Police announced in July that prosecutors had dropped a charge of reckless driving causing death after several other charges had expired under the statute of limitations. A previous Red Notice consequently was also dropped.

    A public uproar and investigation led the reinstatement of the charges of reckless driving causing death and use of a narcotic substance.

    Suspicion was widespread that Vorayuth’s family used its money and influence to induce the dropping of charges, lending credence to the belief that Thailand’s rich and well-connected have impunity from justice.

    The controversy triggered several investigations, the most important of which concluded in September that there was a conspiracy to shield Vorayuth from prosecution and recommended that those involved — including government officials, lawyers and a prosecutor — face charges.

    The Yoovidhya family owns about half of the Red Bull empire, and is listed by Forbes magazine as the second richest in Thailand with an estimated wealth of $20.2 billion.


    https://abcnews.go.com/International...-heir-73425357
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  6. #1386
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,455
    Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Rumors are Perez in talks with RB to replace Albon
    It would be good if it’s true.

  7. #1387
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,455
    https://www.racefans.net/2020/10/06/...-them-in-2022/

    F1’s new aero handicap rules mean Ferrari’s dire season will help them in 2022

    This is interesting...

  8. #1388
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    659
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    It would be good if it’s true.
    Not really, Albon is basically a non-factor. The fewer good drivers in competitive cars the better for us.

  9. #1389
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    794
    Fernando Alonso is talking too much in the press and sounding arrogant at times. He's reminding me why I didn't like him before he joined Ferrari. Let's just say I'm now hoping Ocon does well against him.
    Black Lives Matter
    We Race as One
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

  10. #1390
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    8,405
    Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Fernando Alonso is talking too much in the press and sounding arrogant at times. He's reminding me why I didn't like him before he joined Ferrari. Let's just say I'm now hoping Ocon does well against him.
    Ocon??? Not a chance in hell
    He can’t even beat Richiardo mate, let alone Alo

  11. #1391
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,298
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Ocon??? Not a chance in hell
    He can’t even beat Richiardo mate, let alone Alo
    Alonso will turn 40 next year. I'm not sure he will be as good as he was before. Schumacher had troubles against Rosberg after returning, I'm expecting the same fate for Alonso. Although, I don't think Ocon is anywhere near as good as Rosberg.

  12. #1392
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    8,405
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Alonso will turn 40 next year. I'm not sure he will be as good as he was before. Schumacher had troubles against Rosberg after returning, I'm expecting the same fate for Alonso. Although, I don't think Ocon is anywhere near as good as Rosberg.
    And your point is?? I’d like to hear
    So is kimi, he’ll be 42 next year and even this year he’s showing young Gio how it’s done...

    I personally think Alo is gonna wipe the floor with young Ocon....but that might be just my opinion, we’ll see how it pans out

  13. #1393
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,455
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    And your point is?? I’d like to hear
    So is kimi, he’ll be 42 next year and even this year he’s showing young Gio how it’s done...

    I personally think Alo is gonna wipe the floor with young Ocon
    ....but that might be just my opinion, we’ll see how it pans out

  14. #1394
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    1,382
    You can't teach new tricks to an old dog.He will beat the young pup with his experience.

  15. #1395
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,116
    Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Fernando Alonso is talking too much in the press and sounding arrogant at times. He's reminding me why I didn't like him before he joined Ferrari. Let's just say I'm now hoping Ocon does well against him.
    Before Seb joined Ferrari he waved his finger after every win over and over every chance he could , " I'm #1 !!!! " He was welcome with open arms @ Ferrrrari .

  16. #1396
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,298
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    And your point is?? I’d like to hear
    So is kimi, he’ll be 42 next year and even this year he’s showing young Gio how it’s done...

    I personally think Alo is gonna wipe the floor with young Ocon....but that might be just my opinion, we’ll see how it pans out
    My point is: Drivers, or athletes in general, get slower as they age. A driver in his 20's and early 30's is at the prime of his life, a driver in his 40's isn't. Just look at Schumacher and Rossi. These two are arguably considered as the greatest of their respective sports. But Schumacher couldn't beat Rosberg. And the current Rossi is no longer the Rossi of Gibernau-Stoner-Lorenzo era Rossi. And there are plenty more examples.

  17. #1397
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    My point is: Drivers, or athletes in general, get slower as they age. A driver in his 20's and early 30's is at the prime of his life, a driver in his 40's isn't. Just look at Schumacher and Rossi. These two are arguably considered as the greatest of their respective sports. But Schumacher couldn't beat Rosberg. And the current Rossi is no longer the Rossi of Gibernau-Stoner-Lorenzo era Rossi. And there are plenty more examples.
    Michael was out of the picture for 3 years straight and also had a bike accident which cost him some of his confidence. Alonso on the other hand has been racing competitively and has shown his skill in Le Saarthe, Daytona and Sebring. I don't expect him to outright murder Ocon like he did with Vandoorne, but it would be relatively close.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

  18. #1398
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,116
    The coming 3 Fri, Sat. practices will be just as carefully watched by FIA officials as far as every move Lewis makes., equal to the quali. and the race itself.Drivers and F-1 fans can now consider there are 4 Quali. sessions before each race.

  19. #1399
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    12,536
    This late in the year I expect this week GP is going to be wet?!

  20. #1400
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    12,536
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    This late in the year I expect this week GP is going to be wet?!
    And here is the answer:

    2020 Eifel Grand Prix weather forecast

    FRIDAY, OCTOBER 9 - FP1 & FP2 WEATHER
    Conditions: Overcast and wet with a high chance of frequent drizzle during the day.
    Maximum temperature expected: 14 Celsius
    Chance of rain: 80%

    SATURDAY, OCTOBER 10 - FP3 & QUALIFYING WEATHER
    Conditions: Cloudy start with a moderate chance of rain, then progressively scattered during the afternoon.
    Maximum temperature expected: 11 Celsius
    Chance of rain: 60%

    SUNDAY, OCTOBER 11 - RACE WEATHER
    Conditions: Chilly morning and scattered clouds all day long. Increasing chance of rain during the afternoon.
    Maximum temperature expected: 9 Celsius
    Chance of rain: 60%

  21. #1401
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    248
    Apparently there is friction in the team between Binotto and Simone Resta.

    https://www.f1sport.it/2020/10/f1-in...mpression=true (original Italian article)

    https://translate.google.com/transla...ression%3Dtrue

    "
    The Ferrari of the 2020 crisis is heavily affected by infighting which could only be supposed to exist. In particular, between two of the leading exponents of the Modenese technical staff: Mattia Binotto and the F1 project leader Simone Resta.



    "Ferrari would need a man of weight from abroad, because there are complicated situations in Maranello." declared Sabbatini “It is said that there is friction between Binotto and Simone Resta who is the chief designer. Those internal cracks that we saw many years ago several times have been recreated in Ferrari. With the difference that once they were created even when things were going well, while now they are created when the results are scarce ".

    In addition to the manifest inability in the competitive field, of the top leaders of the Prancing Horse, which has been dealt with several times , we would be faced with an organizational chaos worthy of the worst amateurism.

    A chaos, which puts the defensive interests of someone who for many F1 GPs up to this point before the team's interest reminds us that “… we need to evaluate the data…” or that “… we have to understand…” . Yes but what ???

    Perhaps Simone Resta's experience has highlighted some problems , as well as in the design of the SF1000, also in the management of the good Binotto as team principal?

    In view of the crisis, Ferrari Sabbatini also renews one of the most recurring doubts of F1 insiders.

    It is a point of view that Pino Allievi, Enrique Scalabroni and many others have already clarified in their statements both to our microphones and to various sports media.



    "I do not understand why in January, after being punished by the FIA, when it was imposed to remove the system that gave more power, Ferrari did not use its political weight to have the possibility to develop the engine" said the journalist " Why didn't they use this political weight or any other weapon to deal with that situation? Todt or Montezemolo would never have allowed it, using their charisma, coat of arms and political weight to recover part of the penalty suffered.



    " I can only imagine that they have managed to move the budget cap higher . Setting it at 145 million instead of the 100 it was thought to be. Perhaps also thinking of being able to quickly recover the gap. "

    We are faced with a mountain of questions and assumptions. A mountain that, even to those who are accustomed to the "F1 button rooms", appears as huge as Everest and as insurmountable as Nanga Parbat. A mountain that would require capable climbers of great feats, and not Sunday mountaineers (even if of Swiss origin…) more suited to trekking paths than to the heights of the Himalayan peaks !!! "
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

  22. #1402
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Apparently there is friction in the team between Binotto and Simone Resta.

    https://www.f1sport.it/2020/10/f1-in...mpression=true (original Italian article)

    https://translate.google.com/transla...ression%3Dtrue

    "
    The Ferrari of the 2020 crisis is heavily affected by infighting which could only be supposed to exist. In particular, between two of the leading exponents of the Modenese technical staff: Mattia Binotto and the F1 project leader Simone Resta.



    "Ferrari would need a man of weight from abroad, because there are complicated situations in Maranello." declared Sabbatini “It is said that there is friction between Binotto and Simone Resta who is the chief designer. Those internal cracks that we saw many years ago several times have been recreated in Ferrari. With the difference that once they were created even when things were going well, while now they are created when the results are scarce ".

    In addition to the manifest inability in the competitive field, of the top leaders of the Prancing Horse, which has been dealt with several times , we would be faced with an organizational chaos worthy of the worst amateurism.

    A chaos, which puts the defensive interests of someone who for many F1 GPs up to this point before the team's interest reminds us that “… we need to evaluate the data…” or that “… we have to understand…” . Yes but what ???

    Perhaps Simone Resta's experience has highlighted some problems , as well as in the design of the SF1000, also in the management of the good Binotto as team principal?

    In view of the crisis, Ferrari Sabbatini also renews one of the most recurring doubts of F1 insiders.

    It is a point of view that Pino Allievi, Enrique Scalabroni and many others have already clarified in their statements both to our microphones and to various sports media.



    "I do not understand why in January, after being punished by the FIA, when it was imposed to remove the system that gave more power, Ferrari did not use its political weight to have the possibility to develop the engine" said the journalist " Why didn't they use this political weight or any other weapon to deal with that situation? Todt or Montezemolo would never have allowed it, using their charisma, coat of arms and political weight to recover part of the penalty suffered.



    " I can only imagine that they have managed to move the budget cap higher . Setting it at 145 million instead of the 100 it was thought to be. Perhaps also thinking of being able to quickly recover the gap. "

    We are faced with a mountain of questions and assumptions. A mountain that, even to those who are accustomed to the "F1 button rooms", appears as huge as Everest and as insurmountable as Nanga Parbat. A mountain that would require capable climbers of great feats, and not Sunday mountaineers (even if of Swiss origin…) more suited to trekking paths than to the heights of the Himalayan peaks !!! "
    What could be the cause of alleged friction between them? The political handling of last years engine?

  23. #1403
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    What could be the cause of alleged friction between them? The political handling of last years engine?
    The article speaks about Binotto not intervening politically and allowing a token system to be imposed this year as the reason.

    If I'm allowed to speculate, I think that since Resta is responsible for the chassis this year, he has quite a lot of confidence in it. The trouble is, the lack of engine power forces them to go for unoptimally low downforce levels thereby sabotaging all the chassis' merits just so that they could remain competitive. To a casual, that seems like even the chassis is rubbish and it makes him look like a fool.

    Judging by how he is particularly bothered by the token system, the engine they tested and intend to introduce in 2021, must have performed really well and could potentially live up to the chassis of the SF1000. If it wasn't for the token system, they could've easily introduced this mid way through the season and would finish at least P3 in the WCC.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

  24. #1404
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    England
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    The article speaks about Binotto not intervening politically and allowing a token system to be imposed this year as the reason.

    If I'm allowed to speculate, I think that since Resta is responsible for the chassis this year, he has quite a lot of confidence in it. The trouble is, the lack of engine power forces them to go for unoptimally low downforce levels thereby sabotaging all the chassis' merits just so that they could remain competitive. To a casual, that seems like even the chassis is rubbish and it makes him look like a fool.

    Judging by how he is particularly bothered by the token system, the engine they tested and intend to introduce in 2021, must have performed really well and could potentially live up to the chassis of the SF1000. If it wasn't for the token system, they could've easily introduced this mid way through the season and would finish at least P3 in the WCC.
    Could be true. What the FIA had on Ferrari though and the potential punishment is not known, token system or engine freeze may have been part of the deal. Theres also the current world situation whereby in a normal year enginescwould not be frozen or there would have been time to get a new spec in before the 1st race, this was taken away by external factors after the agreement.

  25. #1405
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    Could be true. What the FIA had on Ferrari though and the potential punishment is not known, token system or engine freeze may have been part of the deal. Theres also the current world situation whereby in a normal year enginescwould not be frozen or there would have been time to get a new spec in before the 1st race, this was taken away by external factors after the agreement.
    We threw a lot of stuff away just for 3 wins, 9 poles and 19 podiums.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

  26. #1406
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    England
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    We threw a lot of stuff away just for 3 wins, 9 poles and 19 podiums.
    Of course they did not do it expecting to get caught and even if they did they could make it back......but Covid19 with the FIA taking more than just the fuel trick (my opinion) scuppered that. Looking on hindsight looks like a really bad idea. Might actually help in the future as have had to restructure the organisation.

  27. #1407
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    248
    Just the two times Charles puts the SF1000 on top of the midfield, both Marko and Racing Point suspect something fishy.

    https://www.racefans.net/2020/10/14/...nd-up-14-10-3/

    https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/64593...-so-fast-.html

    Charles should take it up as a compliment. Being so fast that people actually suspect that you're cheating when the other car can barely get out of Q2. The last time people were this surprised by a driver was with Michael in 1997. If they fear him this bad when he is stuck in a box, I don't know what they'll do once he gets an actually competitive car.
    Last edited by Rob; 14th October 2020 at 16:52.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

  28. #1408
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,455
    Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    The article speaks about Binotto not intervening politically and allowing a token system to be imposed this year as the reason.

    If I'm allowed to speculate, I think that since Resta is responsible for the chassis this year, he has quite a lot of confidence in it. The trouble is, the lack of engine power forces them to go for unoptimally low downforce levels thereby sabotaging all the chassis' merits just so that they could remain competitive. To a casual, that seems like even the chassis is rubbish and it makes him look like a fool.

    Judging by how he is particularly bothered by the token system, the engine they tested and intend to introduce in 2021, must have performed really well and could potentially live up to the chassis of the SF1000. If it wasn't for the token system, they could've easily introduced this mid way through the season and would finish at least P3 in the WCC.
    In my view there’s every reason Resta can show his disappointment.
    May be chassis is designed to accommodate according to the engine spec & now that binotto agreed for the good of sport.
    It’s highlighting the weakness of Chassis, where in the finger is at Resta.
    This also shows, even though Ferrari had the power to fight against 2019 engine spec accuse binotto went against it. Which didn’t go well with some of them internally.

  29. #1409
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    In my view there’s every reason Resta can show his disappointment.
    May be chassis is designed to accommodate according to the engine spec & now that binotto agreed for the good of sport.
    It’s highlighting the weakness of Chassis, where in the finger is at Resta.
    This also shows, even though Ferrari had the power to fight against 2019 engine spec accuse binotto went against it. Which didn’t go well with some of them internally.
    The FIA even said they could not prove anything, so Ferrari accepting this is really strange.

    The 'good of the sport' would have been Ferrari being able to challenge Mercedes for race wins.

  30. #1410
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    2,694
    Even stranger is that we are not treating merc the way we were treated.
    Ask FIA to have their engine monitored the way ours was. What is the problem with that?
    They are way faster than last year no? Worst case scenario is that nothing will happen.
    But contrary to merc or Honda we dispute nothing. We are like, it is what it is. With a very damaging for the team attitude.

    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •