Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617182954 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 F1 news/rumours

Rumblings of Imola bidding to replace the cancelled Chinese GP this year! That would be amazing to have Imola back on the calendar.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.esse...-calendar/amp/
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Rumblings of Imola bidding to replace the cancelled Chinese GP this year! That would be amazing to have Imola back on the calendar.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.esse...-calendar/amp/
    Not sure the teams would go for a local race in the midst of the flyaways. I'd say a return to Malaysia, or perhaps Korea - though the race was poorly attended - would be more in the cards.

Malaysia, Imola or Indianapolis get my vote!
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Quote Originally Posted by JuniorUS View Post
    Not sure the teams would go for a local race in the midst of the flyaways. I'd say a return to Malaysia, or perhaps Korea - though the race was poorly attended - would be more in the cards.
    While Korea or Malaysia make sense to me, after China they were flying back to the Netherlands which is close to the UK and to Italy, so Imola I think is definitely a reasonable solution.

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    Malaysia, Imola or Indianapolis get my vote!
    Go Indy !!!! But... this terrible virus can change everything ! It doesn't look very promising as to being put under control anytime soon. Just taking a plane flight seems dangerous, not to mention being among thousands of fans !
    Last edited by Brembo; 24th February 2020 at 04:23.

‘Ferrari is a short-term job, Mercedes is for life’

Sticking with Mercedes is “super appealing” to Lewis Hamilton, who says moving over to Ferrari would only be a “short-term” job while Mercedes is for life.

Hamilton has yet to open formal contract talks with Mercedes motorsport boss Toto Wolff.

Last year he took a look at his options for 2021, meeting with Ferrari’s president on two separate occasions.

However, it seems it is only a matter of time before Hamilton re-signs with Mercedes.

Speaking to Sky Sports, he explained why he will most likely choose Mercedes over Ferrari.

“I think that [Ferrari] is like a short-term kind of thing,” he said.

“If you look at all drivers who have driven for Ferrari, obviously it’s an incredible team and obviously the car’s always beautiful red.

“I have got red on my helmet. Red is the colour of passion or love or whatever you want say.

“But what Mercedes have done for all their drivers – even Sir Stirling Moss is still a part of the team – they honour that and you become a part of a legacy and a life-long partner, which I think is super appealing.”
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

If Binotto is OK with telling Charles to move over for Seb when their close, imagine if Lewis was the other driver!!! Charles could just as well stay home!! Never gonna happen I hope.

Luca Colajanni is close to returning to Maranello. He was a spokesman of Ferrari from 2002 to 2013. He worked for FOM in the media management department and now according to rumors, he is ready to return to Maranello (media/communication department)

@formulapassion.it

Ferrari could abandon 2020 early if gap is too big

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...1-car/4709351/

You know what, it's starting to peaces me off.

C'mon what a brilliant team manager.....

(i secretly hope to be fooled by them with excellent results but i've almost no hope)

Quote Originally Posted by F2003GA View Post
    Ferrari could abandon 2020 early if gap is too big

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...1-car/4709351/

You know what, it's starting to peaces me off.

C'mon what a brilliant team manager.....

(i secretly hope to be fooled by them with excellent results but i've almost no hope)
    well in all honesty, what do you want him to say....that we're gonna destroy merc and red bull this year???
    promise us that we're gonna fight for championships and if our performances are NOT as he claims they would be he would take all the heat.....

so he's just playing it safe, saying that he doesn't think ferrari are where they want to be and if somehow he's bluffing and we gonna kick some butt this season....well us fans we're gonna feel even better...

but if hte car is a FLOP, well he's gonna say....i told you so....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

This year will probably be Lewis' easiest title in F1... hopefully Ferrari can just focus on next year, they should be focusing full steam ahead on the next cycle anyway and test whatever innovations they can during the year (whatever carries over)...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

It's going to be great watching Ferrari fighting against Lewis, Max, Binotto. Even Bottas says he's got a shot. I wonder what Charles is thinking , new contract and all with a team that's boss has no faith in the season?

Same guy same posts everywhere. Really fed up with his posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    This year will probably be Lewis' easiest title in F1... hopefully Ferrari can just focus on next year, they should be focusing full steam ahead on the next cycle anyway and test whatever innovations they can during the year (whatever carries over)...
    Agreed. But why is Binotto telling that to media? He should pretend Ferrari is going all in for this season. If Mercedes knows Ferrari focuses fully on 2021, they will just do the same, and we will not get any advantage from it (If Red Bull can not challenge seriously)

Merc had basicly sealed the 2019 titles after 5-6 races, so I am sure they focused more on 2020 already then and DAS.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

BREAKING: BahrainGP officials confirm the race will take place on March 22 behind closed doors with no fans present due to coronavirus.

https://www.facebook.com/16122521726...8676186848931/
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Good news. At least two races are confirmed.
    We hardly see people or the grand stands in bahrain anyway, wouldn't make much of a difference for tv audience.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Good news. At least two races are confirmed.
    We hardly see people or the grand stands in bahrain anyway, wouldn't make much of a difference for tv audience.
    I feel for those fans who will have already booked and paid for their travel/hotels and are unlikely to be treated fairly when trying to get any refund.

British travellers will need FCO to declare those areas affected as 'advise against all but essential travel' as a minimum to give insurance claims a chance.
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I feel for those fans who will have already booked and paid for their travel/hotels and are unlikely to be treated fairly when trying to get any refund.
    So far airlines and hotels have been quite flexible given the current situation so i think they should get most of the refunds.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    British travellers will need FCO to declare those areas affected as 'advise against all but essential travel' as a minimum to give insurance claims a chance.
    That's the usual practice, but this whole situation is an unknown in F1 terms and I do believe this will be a very strange season, even if the Italian-based teams manage to race in Melbourne, it may be different for the following races. It's a huge problem for all concerned and what driver wants to race behind closed doors? But I suppose we are expected to be pro-active and care about our fellow beings.

Horrible death rate in Italy, F1 should just forget it and cancel the season until the world has this virus under control.
    Forza Ferrari

Playing games with peoples life and well being is a ***** thing to do. Australia should follow Bahrain's example, or cancel the race. Italy is the most affected country after China, and not putting travelers and team members from Italy under strict quarantine is down right irresponsible.

I would really like to know how bad this virus really is... it seems we are always kept in the dark as citizens... in Canada, we have around 60 infected but so far no deaths... in the US, the casualty rate is very low, same for South Korea which has a casualty rate around 1% I believe... China and Italy have been affected heavily, but maybe that's because their medical infrastructure just isn't very good?

I would really like to know how bad this virus really is... it seems we are always kept in the dark as citizens... in Canada, we have around 60 infected but so far no deaths... in the US, the casualty rate is very low, same for South Korea which has a casualty rate around 1% I believe... China and Italy have been affected heavily, but maybe that's because their medical infrastructure just isn't very good?
    When compared to what?.............Influenza??

Way more people die from influennza on a per annual basis globally than this COVID-19. Google it--> "Influenza deaths per year"

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

Way more people die from influennza on a per annual basis globally than this COVID-19. Google it--> "Influenza deaths per year"
    The mortality rate is lower for influenza though... in 2019 there were 34,200 deaths in the US vs 35.5m infected (according to google anyway). Which expressed as a percentage = ~ 0.1%

The coronavirus is between 1% and 3% as far as we know right now... The question is, is that correct, or is it significantly higher... I found this site though, which is fairly interesting.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashb...23467b48e9ecf6

Not sure how their modelisation works however... as it stands there are 110k cases worldwide, 62k recoveries to date and 3.8k deaths... meaning that even if the remaining 50k patients recover, the death rate appears to be higher than 3% (3.45%) and unfortunately this number will only go up... if we were to assume the number of cases stop growing today, there would still be, unfortunately, further casualties which would push the death rate much higher...

The mortality rate is lower for influenza though... in 2019 there were 34,200 deaths in the US vs 35.5m infected (according to google anyway). Which expressed as a percentage = ~ 0.1%

The coronavirus is between 1% and 3% as far as we know right now... The question is, is that correct, or is it significantly higher... I found this site though, which is fairly interesting.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashb...23467b48e9ecf6

Not sure how their modelisation works however... as it stands there are 110k cases worldwide, 62k recoveries to date and 3.8k deaths... meaning that even if the remaining 50k patients recover, the death rate appears to be higher than 3% (3.45%) and unfortunately this number will only go up... if we were to assume the number of cases stop growing today, there would still be, unfortunately, further casualties which would push the death rate much higher...
    That's numbers just in the U.S.A.

Gkobally, the numbers far exceed that of the United States for influenza.

That's numbers just in the U.S.A.

Gkobally, the numbers far exceed that of the United States for influenza.
    Fair enough, right now there are 22 deaths and 547 cases in the US... assuming no more cases, the death rate will surpass 4% which it's currently at... which is also higher than the influenza rate....

I can say this with confidence, situation in China is a lot, lot, lot worse than they claim. I have few friends there, they say it's about 10 times than what's been claimed by the state run media

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    I can say this with confidence, situation in China is a lot, lot, lot worse than they claim. I have few friends there, they say it's about 10 times than what's been claimed by the state run media
    Till now there's no step or any medicine to eradicate such virus? none of the country medical experts provided a solution?

And when did you see China and Italy putting millions into lockdown for flu? Can't really use flu as some defence against how bad this virus can be.
    Forza Ferrari