Thread: 2020 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    .. Then Haas should give Russell the other seat, the one we don't control. Simple. I don't see why Haas can't be a viable option for Russell. They're currently better than Williams anyway.
    Russell is a Mercedes protege, that's probably why!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Russell is a Mercedes protege, that's probably why!
    So he's not allowed to drive for Haas?
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    So he's not allowed to drive for Haas?
    HAAS will more than likely get one of the F2 drivers coming up from FDA.....either Schwartzman or Illot.

Who the other driver might be is anyone's guess.

It's about time both K-Mag and Grosjean finally left HAAS.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    HAAS will more than likely get one of the F2 drivers coming up from FDA.....either Schwartzman or Illot.

Who the other driver might be is anyone's guess.

It's about time both K-Mag and Grosjean finally left HAAS.
    The names Crashjean and Crashstappen will live forever in F-1 . But.. Max came out a top driver whereas Grosjean stood the same , not moving up to be a top driver.

[Now that the Mick Schumacher thread is closed, I guess this is the place...]

There's a lot of talk about Mick and Mazepin at Haas. I still think Alfa Romeo is best for him alongside Kimi. The only concern is the team's prospects. I suspect Haas is more likely to make strides than Alfa Romeo.

My suggestions/predictions

HAAS
    - Ilot
    - Swartzman

ALFA ROMEO
    - Kimi
    - Schumacher

RED BULL
    - Verstappen
    - Perez

ALPHA TAURI
    - Gasly
    - Albon
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Red Bull boss Horner insists Albon will see out the 2020 F1 season #F1

So albon is out from RB, eventually for next season

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Red Bull boss Horner insists Albon will see out the 2020 F1 season #F1

So albon is out from RB, eventually for next season
    Max was asked for his opinion on who should replace Albon.

Max replied "Nico"

It's upt to management to decide now.

Max was asked for his opinion on who should replace Albon.

Max replied "Nico"

It's upt to management to decide now.
    I'd be surprised if he wouldn't be gone by Turkey.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Drivers to face unique challenge at Imola as organisers confirm race will have only one practice session

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...vvEYXR3ts.html

Huge industry news: Mercedes will increase its stake in Aston Martin to 20%, while providing access to “a range of world-class technologies”
    Motorsport.com

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Drivers to face unique challenge at Imola as organisers confirm race will have only one practice session

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...vvEYXR3ts.html
    From racing point of view, it’s good. As there will be some excitement although merc 1-2 is confirm. Rest of the field should fight for other positions.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Huge industry news: Mercedes will increase its stake in Aston Martin to 20%, while providing access to “a range of world-class technologies”
    Motorsport.com
    yep, and Lawrence Stroll is involved in those dealings.

After reaching a Billion$$$ in the bank there's a need for a pleasant way to pass the time. F-1 is the way to go !

Gasly signs with Alpha Tauri for 2021.

Gasly signs with Alpha Tauri for 2021.
    Yup, Good news. F1 needs more genuine young talents and less rich kids and pay drivers.

And if I were Gasly, I would stay the hell away from that second Red Bull seat and count my days for a seat at Renault.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Yup, Good news. F1 needs more genuine young talents and less rich kids and pay drivers.

And if I were Gasly, I would stay the hell away from that second Red Bull seat and count my days for a seat at Renault.
    I know that Gasly is part of the Red Bull driver programme but in my mind I can imagine Charles and Pierre together at Ferrari in the future, depending of course on how it works out with Carlos Sainz. Just a thought, Charles and Pierre appear to be good mates but they both have that hunger and it would seem also the talent.

The latest F1 driver rumors (FDA related), according to AMuS:

• Ferrari wants to give Shwartzman another year in F2

• Announcement about who will get to drive in F1 could come before the F2 final in Bahrain - it's most likely Mick.

Mick looks to join either Alfa Romeo or Haas. According to AMuS Giovinazzi has many supporters at Alfa Romeo, so that's why Mick / Haas could happen. Though there is no final decision yet [it's between Haas or Alfa Romeo].

#AMus

Imola 2020 updates

Only 1 practice - Oct. 31 followed by qualifying

No spectators

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1...paign=widget-1

Not good for Ferrari I just hope that 2021 engine form Ferrari will be good.

Quote Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
    https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1...paign=widget-1

Not good for Ferrari I just hope that 2021 engine form Ferrari will be good.
    Yeh it looks bad ,really bad, but sometimes things that you dont anticipate happens. Who expected us to have so bad motor this year ??!!! Lets see what will happen !!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Yeh it looks bad ,really bad, but sometimes things that you dont anticipate happens. Who expected us to have so bad motor this year ??!!! Lets see what will happen !!!
    i think it's only a BLUFF....im sure Ferrari will bring a monster of an engine in 2021, as they were rushed to get something together for 2020....plus with the whole Covid crap as well as the freeze they agreed on at hte beginnign of this year (odn't know why they did that ) they came short with power and they prolly knwo for sure what they need to improve....

Ferrari are playing with there held tight to there chest. I expect a very strong and competitive ferrari on the grid in 2021.Ferrari are improving all the time they have a great test mule with the sf1000.

I know that Ferrari has not forgotten how to make a top engine and I am also sure that they will make at least as powerful an engine or even more than Mercedes has now. For the 2020 Ferrari engine, the state of emergency was in a very short time and the covid-19 had to actually make a new engine, which is really not the best at the moment.

Grosjean explained in a recent interview Ferrari's big problem is the rear suspensions overheating causing the rear ride height to change from one lap to another. An example also was that after third practice the rear cools down causing quali. to start totally different. Is that the something going on with Seb's car? They can'y figure out why this is happening? Fix it !!!

May be Ferraris problem is not the engine pu etc as we are all lead to believe.Ferrari could be blind siding every body.If the problem is the rear suspension then governing and controlling engine out put is the priority otherwise a total rear suspension failure is on the cards.This may explain sebs problems with the ever changing ride heights with temperature variations.The news may certainly start alarm bells ringing with other f1 teams with possibly the pu not the problem.I expect ferrari to solve this problem for 2021 quickly and with new engine a genuine challenger will emerge its just to damn easy for mercedes at the moment I totally expect an ambush from ferrari next year which will certainly take many by surprise.

So Alfa retain Kimi and Tonio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well said ! I just wish Ferrari could get it done this remaining season. I for one would really like Charles rewarded with some podiums this year. And... maybe ever Seb's car problems ending and he can be in the points also the remainder of the season. Enough already with this Merc R Bull dominance up front! For me it's bad enough even " Claire ain't there! "

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    So Alfa retain Kimi and Tonio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, very interesting. I didn't expect that. I also read further up that the FDA might be keeping Shwartzman in F2 for another year. So one less seat thanks to Alfa Romeo but also one less driver to accommodate. So either Mick or Illot or both to Haas then? Pity neither will be paired with the experienced Kimi. Also, pity if they are paired with each other rather than experienced drivers, but better that than to miss out altogether, I guess. The Alfa Romeo decision sure throws the spanner in the works, especially since Ferrari own those seats but they don't own the Haas seats. Ferrari must have reached an agreement already with Haas regarding seats or else the whole thing wouldn't make sense.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Ferrari are playing with there held tight to there chest. I expect a very strong and competitive ferrari on the grid in 2021.Ferrari are improving all the time they have a great test mule with the sf1000.
    I have faith in the brand and abilities of Ferrari, but I have little confidence in Binotto, so I'm kind of stuck somewhere in the middle but leaning towards optimism.
    Forza Ferrari

Camilleri: "Does it cost a Ferrari? It would be a simplistic idea"

The CEO of Ferrari in an interview with the Gazzetta dello Sport puts some firm points on the future of Ferrari and closes the doors to a return to Maranello by Aldo Costa, former Mercedes designer now in Dallara. Louis renews his trust in the group led by Mattia Binotto. The Honda retirement will not damage F1. Louis invokes new innovative rules on power units and rejects the idea of ​​freezing engines.

On the eve of the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix, the CEO of Ferrari, Louis Camilleri, gave an interview to the Gazzetta dello Sport, taking stock of the situation of the Scuderia and the moment that Formula 1 is experiencing.

In a season lacking in results, Camilleri started from a success achieved by the Cavallino, even if far from the track: the new Concordia agreement.

"The key point is to have ensured the long-term future and economic sustainability for the Formula 1 participants. It is important to underline that all the parties involved have reached an agreement because we all have the same interest at heart: to make Formula 1 more and more. attractive, spectacular and economically sustainable, while maintaining its status as the most important and technologically advanced car competition in the world. As Ferrari, we are also pleased that the Concorde Agreement recognizes our role in this sport: past, present and future ”.

The real enemy for Ferrari? The weather

“Mercedes is a formidable rival: chapeau for their well-deserved results. Anything else I add would sound like a litany of excuses. We are obviously not happy with where we are now, but I am firmly convinced that we have all the necessary ingredients to go back to where we belong. Unfortunately, it won't happen immediately: in F1 it takes time to buy time. Time is the real enemy we fight against, night and day ”.

“Why is Mercedes always in front? They started the hybrid era with a distinct competitive edge and kept it. They have the talent and the resources but for me the fundamental elements of their success, which unfortunately we have lacked so far, are the stability and serenity they enjoyed, which strengthen the team spirit and creativity. To obtain the results they have achieved, it takes more than technology: ultimately, the culture that permeates the entire organization, from the bottom to the top, is fundamental ”.

"I hope and expect (in 2021) that we will see progress and that we will establish the foundations for a new era, coinciding with the arrival of a significant regulatory change like the one we will have in 2022".

Trust the men of the Scuderia

Camilleri ruled out the possibility of seeing a technician of absolute value like Aldo Costa arrive in Maranello.
    “Without detracting from Aldo's talent, I think it is a somewhat simplistic idea and that it would not produce a step forward enough to change things. The copy never works like the original, especially in the case of objects as complex and integrated as the F1 cars. We need courage, determination and creativity to be better than our rivals and I have full confidence in the men and women of the Scuderia ”.

“Diagnosis is the key to effective treatment. We are aware of what we need to improve. We have the talent and the structure and we are investing in the tools and resources necessary to win again. Responsibility and skills now have an equal weight in the team and I am very satisfied with the work done by Mattia Binotto and his first levels in creating a true team spirit, a constructive and transparent culture and a high standard of motivation and commitment within the Stable".

No freezing of PUs

Camilleri does not believe in the avalanche effect, or the possibility that the departure of Honda could impoverish Formula 1 with other retirements.
    “I don't think that will happen, rather the need to define the main characteristics of the power unit of the future will accelerate. We, and by this I mean the FIA, Liberty Media and the engine manufacturers, must appropriately balance their respective objectives, sometimes conflicting with each other in terms of innovation, environmental sustainability and cost ".

"The latter factor has too often been ignored, creating a danger for everyone. We also need to make the supply and development of an engine an economically attractive business."

“We are firmly against the freezing of the power units as it is against the spirit of F1. I think it's important to underline that the current rules already foresee a freeze in 2023. That said, F1 has ambitious goals in terms of sustainability. The regulation provides for the introduction of a fuel with a 10% ethanol content as early as 2022 but the FIA ​​wants to reach 100% as soon as possible, ideally the following year, which inevitably involves the development of some engine components. . It is a very complicated subject, which we are actively talking about with all the parties involved ”.

Farewell to Vettel? Just inform him

“Seb is having a very difficult season. I'm not so sure it totally depends on lack of motivation, rather I think he lacks confidence in the car's behavior and is struggling to extract its full potential, as Charles manages to do. "

"We owe a lot to Seb and what he has been able to do for us in recent years. We were correct in informing him of our decision once we have made it, in order to give him time to consider other opportunities for his future. He is an experienced professional, gifted with great talent: I can only hope that he will be able to show us examples of his skill in the next races. In any case, he will always remain part of the Ferrari family. "

https://translate.google.com/transla...search&pto=aue