Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193055 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    I can say this with confidence, situation in China is a lot, lot, lot worse than they claim. I have few friends there, they say it's about 10 times than what's been claimed by the state run media
    I never believe what China puts out regarding SARS, MARS, H1N1 or this COVID-19 numbers. It's always worse what they put out.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    And when did you see China and Italy putting millions into lockdown for flu? Can't really use flu as some defence against how bad this virus can be.
    It's the new 'ITEM" for the media. The flu, in case of the media and said governemts, don't look at the flu as a "health scare".

It is what it is.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

New virus appears, has a higher death rate, spreads to more people, but the flu kills people too so lets just pretend it will be ok

We understand the flu we can even provide flu jabs to lessen the spread and deaths, this virus is not the flu. As so many in Italy are sadly finding out...
    Forza Ferrari

If and when we find a vaccine for COVID-19, which is like 6 months to a year, that would be great.

The flu has been around for ages and yet hundreds of thousands die each year globally and still no vaccine or cure.....but it's not "news worthy" or creates a "global health panic". hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    If and when we find a vaccine for COVID-19, which is like 6 months to a year, that would be great.

The flu has been around for ages and yet hundreds of thousands die each year globally and still no vaccine or cure.....but it's not "news worthy" or creates a "global health panic". hmmm
    Italy does not shutdown 16 million people for the flu, clearly you believe it to be nothing so just you carry on as normal
    Forza Ferrari

Italy does not shutdown 16 million people for the flu....
    Exactly!!!

Currently, the COVID-19 takes precedent since it is a "global" and "pandemic" issue. Once the world finds a vaccine for COVID-19, things will go back to "normal".

The flu is an "acceptable" contagion therefore it is not in the governments best interest to find a vaccine or cure.

I get the flu vaccine every year so not sure why you say that? Sure it's not 100% vaccine but will greatly limit the chances of getting flu and also reduce the effects of it if you did catch it.
    Forza Ferrari

Wait until china re opens all factories and schools etc this will test there so called contained methods.The only difference this time no way out they will be trapped in China because global travel bans will be placed on the Chinese at all levels there are 1.4 billion reasons to do this.It started there with there crazy food fads and it will end there no matter the cost.

Wait until china re opens all factories and schools etc this will test there so called contained methods.The only difference this time no way out they will be trapped in China because global travel bans will be placed on the Chinese at all levels there are 1.4 billion reasons to do this.It started there with there crazy food fads and it will end there no matter the cost.

The thing is, we don't have a cure, it's easy to spread the virus as even people without any symptoms are carriers, people are acting dumb and are going into excluded locations (tons of people in our country just returned from spring vacation in Italy even though they knew they were going to places where the virus outbreak is happening beforehand) and we don't know what happens after the "succesfull" treatment. Just today I have read an article, than in China 36y old man was released from hospital being mostly treated into home quaranteen for 14 more days as a precaution and he was dead in 2 days after that. We just don't know. This can still be very bad and sadly I would not be surprised, if more then half of a season would be scrapped.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Red Bull has questioned the legality of Mercedes' rear brake ducts. FIA reacted by sending out a new Technical Directive (TD 014/20) to clarify what's allowed. It forces Mercedes to make modifications to avoid trouble at Melbourne.

@Amus

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Red Bull has questioned the legality of Mercedes' rear brake ducts. FIA reacted by sending out a new Technical Directive (TD 014/20) to clarify what's allowed. It forces Mercedes to make modifications to avoid trouble at Melbourne.

@Amus
    It is being war now! haha so interesting.

@Amus
    Makes me feel better that Red Bull isn’t only after Ferrari blood. This season is shaping up to be an interesting one.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/red-bu...test-mercedes/
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

@Amus
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Makes me feel better that Red Bull isn’t only after Ferrari blood. This season is shaping up to be an interesting one.
    Why do other teams don't object/question the legality of such things. I am sure they all know what's going on with the ducts. Is it because their engine supplier is Mercedes? If yes, why didn't Ferrari, Renault, Haas, Torro Rosso and Alfa protest?
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

https://www.planetf1.com/news/red-bu...test-mercedes/
    About time red bull are picking on Merc....and on top I’ve heard that they,re also ready to protest if they use DAS in OZ
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

But FIA never ban anything from Merc????????
    Forza Ferrari

But FIA never ban anything from Merc????????
    This time will be banned them because of Parc Ferme rules

Quote Originally Posted by nhiepka View Post
    This time will be banned them because of Parc Ferme rules
    He was being sarcastic
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Red Bull set to protest if Mercedes use DAS

Red Bull are poised to launch a second protest against Mercedes if they use their dual-axis steering system (DAS) at the season opener in Melbourne.

Mercedes introduced the innovative system during pre-season testing with the intention of using it during the upcoming season – before it is effectively outlawed under the new technical regulations in 2021.

While the secret is out about Mercedes’ DAS system, what isn’t clear is exactly when they plan to use it. When that moment comes, it appears Red Bull will be on hand to officially protest the system in order for the FIA to further scrutinise and provide more clarification on the device.

“For us, the system does not comply with the rules,” Marko told F1-insider.com.

“So we will protest when Mercedes uses the system in Melbourne.”

This protest would come in the same week that Red Bull also raised a legality issue relating to Mercedes rear brake ducts. That has resulted in the FIA issuing a Technical Directive and forced Mercedes into making some last-minute changes to their W11.

Also according to F1-insider, Renault could be the team to launch an official protest on the legality of Racing Point’s RP20, which has been dubbed ‘the pink Mercedes’ for its extreme likeness to the Mercedes W10 of 2019.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    Red Bull set to protest if Mercedes use DAS

Red Bull are poised to launch a second protest against Mercedes if they use their dual-axis steering system (DAS) at the season opener in Melbourne.

Mercedes introduced the innovative system during pre-season testing with the intention of using it during the upcoming season – before it is effectively outlawed under the new technical regulations in 2021.

While the secret is out about Mercedes’ DAS system, what isn’t clear is exactly when they plan to use it. When that moment comes, it appears Red Bull will be on hand to officially protest the system in order for the FIA to further scrutinise and provide more clarification on the device.

“For us, the system does not comply with the rules,” Marko told F1-insider.com.

“So we will protest when Mercedes uses the system in Melbourne.”

This protest would come in the same week that Red Bull also raised a legality issue relating to Mercedes rear brake ducts. That has resulted in the FIA issuing a Technical Directive and forced Mercedes into making some last-minute changes to their W11.

Also according to F1-insider, Renault could be the team to launch an official protest on the legality of Racing Point’s RP20, which has been dubbed ‘the pink Mercedes’ for its extreme likeness to the Mercedes W10 of 2019.
    Mercedes WILL NOT use their DAS system at Oz.

IMO, it's not a speed factor but a tire management factor.

I'd be surprised if Mercedes uses DAS throughout the year.

Out of topic.But, it got my attention.There is this thread in racefans.net discussing about the greatest F1 driver of the era.Lewis fans brought the stats stating that he is fourth in win to gp ratio which is 84 to 250 comes to 33.6%.But, when u consider tubo era alone which is from a2014 to 2019 is 62 to 121 leads to wins to gp ratio of 51.24% and before turbo era it was 22 to 129 stands at 17.05%.

Red Bull seems to have a lot of information on both Ferrari and Mercedes... seems they were the ones that said Ferrari cheated last year and now they have info on Mercedes' brake ducts too??
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Red Bull seems to have a lot of information on both Ferrari and Mercedes... seems they were the ones that said Ferrari cheated last year and now they have info on Mercedes' brake ducts too??
    Because all those things they were thinking to implement but declined because of the rules... They are not sure only for Ferrari engine tho.. i.e. how exactly works that trick.

Apparently Ferrari protested the Mercedes ducts last November and FIA said they were legal, not they’re illegal after Red Bull protests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    Apparently Ferrari protested the Mercedes ducts last November and FIA said they were legal, not they’re illegal after Red Bull protests.

Link?
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

2020 F1 news/rumours

Link?
    Not sure how helpful the link is. It’s in Bosnian. They claim Italian newspapers wrote about Ferrari protesting last year.

https://www.f1-bih.com/ferrari-prosl...a-je-sve-okej/

Put this in perspective. Yes corona whatever its called is spreading. Media hysteria, few deaths. But in 2017, in america152 people died EVERY day from the flu and pneumonia. 152 people a day. Just america. Imagine if the media reported that the world would be nightmare. Yes, we know the flu. Get vaccines for it. But come on. Look at this new virus more rationally for heavens sake.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Put this in perspective. Yes corona whatever its called is spreading. Media hysteria, few deaths. But in 2017, in america152 people died EVERY day from the flu and pneumonia. 152 people a day. Just america. Imagine if the media reported that the world would be nightmare. Yes, we know the flu. Get vaccines for it. But come on. Look at this new virus more rationally for heavens sake.
    Mate this is way more deadly than the flu... Let me explain my logic:

Using the information from the following site:

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

There are 121,564 cases of coronavirus worldwide.
    There are 4,373 deaths.
    There are 66,239 patients that have recovered. This means there are still 55,325 patients that have not recovered.
    The mortality rate assuming the remaining patients all recover is 3.6%.

However we know they will not all recover. If we assume no more cases of coronavirus and keep the current 121,564 cases constant and we extrapolate the number of deaths in the first 66,239 patients over the remaining 55,325 patients, we would end up with a mortality rate of 6.6% (expressed simply as 66,239/121,564). This would mean, keeping the number of cases constant, that we should expect 8,025 over the total 121,564 cases.

A 6.6% mortality rate is similar to SARS, the only problem however, is that SARS was less virulent... it affected less people....

This is not the flu which has a mortality rate of around 0.1%... Also in using the example from the US, they currently have a mortality rate above the reported average of 3% and are sitting around 4%.

Although I admit that it is much more fatal in the elderly and in the very young with most people being able to shrug off this virus, we have seen cases of otherwise healthy patients in their late 20's and 30's also succumb to this... we also all know young children and elderly people.... so extreme caution is necessary because they are significantly more likely to be affected....

We all have to be smart, stay away from people with very little physical contact... even at the company i work for, a large multinational with offices in over 50 countries, we are closing down for a week.... this is not normal protocol for the flu, these are initiatives being led by global governments... that tells me they know more than what we know... I sincerely believe that world governments have more information than what they are telling the general population to avoid mass pandemonium... people are already starting this though, with many stores in the US and Canada reporting dwindling stock of water, food and hygiene paper...

Obviously we don't know how many people thought they had the cold when in fact they had COVID 19 and didn't report their symptoms, that's also a possibility and that would decrease the mortality rate. If this is the case, the rate of community spread would be very significant I would imagine, which may explain what is happening in Italy... but given that the WHO has now classified this as a global pandemic, i do not think we should take this lightly given how overwhelmed the health infrastructure has gotten in every country with a significant number of cases... In my country, I read that the infrastructure did not stockpile ventilators, meaning they already are at the maximum, before a significant spread has even started...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

HYPE

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Mate this is way more deadly than the flu... Let me explain my logic:

Using the information from the following site:

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

There are 121,564 cases of coronavirus worldwide.
    There are 4,373 deaths.
    There are 66,239 patients that have recovered. This means there are still 55,325 patients that have not recovered.
    The mortality rate assuming the remaining patients all recover is 3.6%.

However we know they will not all recover. If we assume no more cases of coronavirus and keep the current 121,564 cases constant and we extrapolate the number of deaths in the first 66,239 patients over the remaining 55,325 patients, we would end up with a mortality rate of 6.6% (expressed simply as 66,239/121,564). This would mean, keeping the number of cases constant, that we should expect 8,025 over the total 121,564 cases.

A 6.6% mortality rate is similar to SARS, the only problem however, is that SARS was less virulent... it affected less people....

This is not the flu which has a mortality rate of around 0.1%... Also in using the example from the US, they currently have a mortality rate above the reported average of 3% and are sitting around 4%.

Although I admit that it is much more fatal in the elderly and in the very young with most people being able to shrug off this virus, we have seen cases of otherwise healthy patients in their late 20's and 30's also succumb to this... we also all know young children and elderly people.... so extreme caution is necessary because they are significantly more likely to be affected....

We all have to be smart, stay away from people with very little physical contact... even at the company i work for, a large multinational with offices in over 50 countries, we are closing down for a week.... this is not normal protocol for the flu, these are initiatives being led by global governments... that tells me they know more than what we know... I sincerely believe that world governments have more information than what they are telling the general population to avoid mass pandemonium... people are already starting this though, with many stores in the US and Canada reporting dwindling stock of water, food and hygiene paper...

Obviously we don't know how many people thought they had the cold when in fact they had COVID 19 and didn't report their symptoms, that's also a possibility and that would decrease the mortality rate. If this is the case, the rate of community spread would be very significant I would imagine, which may explain what is happening in Italy... but given that the WHO has now classified this as a global pandemic, i do not think we should take this lightly given how overwhelmed the health infrastructure has gotten in every country with a significant number of cases... In my country, I read that the infrastructure did not stockpile ventilators, meaning they already are at the maximum, before a significant spread has even started...
    SO MUCH HYPE AND SPECULATION
    Changes aren't permanent........But change is.
    ALL LIVES MATTER... EVEN YOURS

We have no idea how many people have the virus without realising it, especially if they just feel under the weather, and that's why I don't see how it can be contained. Both Rob and Tony's posts are relevant, but the damage is already done and what it may mean for us all is not to be under-estimated.