Page 8 of 64 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021223358 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    There will not be an F1 season this year and they will run these cars next year for 2021 season. That's my feeling.
    i get the same feeling bro....it's sad, i know.....but if it happens.... we'll get some more time to improve our current concept, because let's face it.....we had NO chance against the Merc this year....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

For the time being this is only that can be build

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post

http://www.thescuderia.net/forums/at...tid=7681&stc=1

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Wasn't idea to offend anyone at any level... Just to cheer up in this dark times...

http://www.thescuderia.net/forums/at...tid=7681&stc=1
    Have you been stock-piling pasta and toilet rolls, stefa? You can get arrested for that in UK! Seriously, I will be very surprised if we get any F1 season this year, and I think the world will be a different place when (if) this virus is beaten.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Have you been stock-piling pasta and toilet rolls, stefa? You can get arrested for that in UK! Seriously, I will be very surprised if we get any F1 season this year, and I think the world will be a different place when (if) this virus is beaten.
    Unfortunately this great piece of aerodynamically masterpiece is not mine I have received it the other day, as well as lot's of funny pictures!

I share your opinion there will be no F1 this season!

Unfortunately this great piece of aerodynamically masterpiece is not mine I have received it the other day, as well as lot's of funny pictures!

I share your opinion there will be no F1 this season!
    +1 There won't be a 2020 F1 season.

Wasn't idea to offend anyone at any level... Just to cheer up in this dark times...
    That is a masterpiece! Forget about Pirelli !

F1 is a business so if at all possible, the upper echelon will try to get some kind of season started. In a way they almost have to, because to not race at all this year could mean a starting grid with possibly less cars on it. Not sure how some teams can weather a missed season without some type of support.
    And unfortunately, I don't think the world will change all that much because of this. In a few years it will be forgotten by most people and will be business as usual.

Good morning, day, night to everyone!!!
    Stay at home, be sane and be well!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    F1 is a business so if at all possible, the upper echelon will try to get some kind of season started. In a way they almost have to, because to not race at all this year could mean a starting grid with possibly less cars on it. Not sure how some teams can weather a missed season without some type of support.
    And unfortunately, I don't think the world will change all that much because of this. In a few years it will be forgotten by most people and will be business as usual.
    I agree on the first part of your post but it will still be a miracle if we get anything resembling a season as we know it. I do believe that some aspects of life in general may change once this virus has been contained and fully understood, there have been no planes in the sky, daily life has been curtailed beyond belief, and lessons may have been learned by politicians and the public. Business as usual may well be a different animal too! But I sincerely hope that F1 survives, at least for long enough for Ferrari to win a WCC/WDC again.

Seeing everyone's still posting here makes me feel their O K . Please stay safe! And the posts aren't bad either!

Once this virus passes if ever the world will be very much a different place.How we live will be very different with no department spared.The known world will be reborn.

The world will remain the same, hell...just look at current events. People of my age are acting like complete retards, going to public places in big numbers and throwing around barbecue parties while completely ignoring government mandates. They can't even behave rationally during a pandemic....and god knows what they would do when the current situation improves.

So to the rationale people: stay indoor and maintain good hygiene. Stay safe and don't make other peoples situation any more worse then it is.

I agree on the first part of your post but it will still be a miracle if we get anything resembling a season as we know it. I do believe that some aspects of life in general may change once this virus has been contained and fully understood, there have been no planes in the sky, daily life has been curtailed beyond belief, and lessons may have been learned by politicians and the public. Business as usual may well be a different animal too! But I sincerely hope that F1 survives, at least for long enough for Ferrari to win a WCC/WDC again.
    A lot of companies have made vaccines in February itself. They are all doing trials but the process must be expedited. You can't make a vaccine available to general public in 12 to 18 months when so many people are getting infected currently.

Get people's permission and start trials on actual patients in mass numbers, multiple clinical trials must be skipped.

One company made coronavirus vaccine in 3 hours in February but has not started human trials yet.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    A lot of companies have made vaccines in February itself. They are all doing trials but the process must be expedited. You can't make a vaccine available to general public in 12 to 18 months when so many people are getting infected currently.

Get people's permission and start trials on actual patients in mass numbers, multiple clinical trials must be skipped.

One company made coronavirus vaccine in 3 hours in February but has not started human trials yet.
    Ask yourself, in God forbid situation you are infected with Corona virus, will you accept vaccine made in 3 hours previously not tested on humans, not knowing are there any side effects and are they deadly?

Ask yourself, in God forbid situation you are infected with Corona virus, will you accept vaccine made in 3 hours previously not tested on humans, not knowing are there any side effects and are they deadly?
    Considering the current situation in Italy, a lot of people would say yes. In Wuhan, 5000 people have registered for a vaccine's clinical trial. This pandemic is spreading rapidly, the only good thing about it is that it hasn't mutated much since it's origin.

Hope FDA expedites various vaccine approval stages.

A vaccine is a pre-emptive solution. It won't be very helpful to the already infected population. Also, a vaccine will be ready in about 9 to 18 months so by that time we will have to find a different solution.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rochas View Post
    A vaccine is a pre-emptive solution. It won't be very helpful to the already infected population. Also, a vaccine will be ready in about 9 to 18 months so by that time we will have to find a different solution.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
    Lockdown which is going on in many countries is the only solution till a vaccine is available for use.

Lockdown which is going on in many countries is the only solution till a vaccine is available for use.

Interesting read; Piola seems to believe we have our own type of DAS and could further develop if needed. If I have understood it correctly, we have also discussed it with the FIA. Maybe this is why Ferrari didn’t jump on the protest Merc bandwagon.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...ystem/4773483/
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Not sure I agree. I understand the reaction to what is still a largely unknown virus but my own view is that universal lockdowns cause bigger problems than they fix.

One of the few things we do know about the virus is who is at risk. Basically if you:-
    - are over 50
    - have chronic heart disease
    - have diabetes
    - suffer from hypertension
    - have chronic lung disease
    - have cancer
    Then you are at elevated risk. If you have more than one of those conditions then your risk profile is very high.
    But if you are none of those, but contract Covid-19 today in a country with a reasonable health system you are at about the same risk as you were from a serious flu.
    Human trials have already begun with vaccines and it's reasonable to expect early versions to be available by Q3 '20 given the urgency.
    Another sleeping problem with universal lockdowns like the ones we are seeing is the blocking of normal viral attenuation. That's a fancy term for the way viruses that are left to spread will weaken. Universal lockdowns tilt evolution back in favor of more deadly copies of viruses to successfully replicate in larger numbers than they normally would.
    For me it would make sense to begin an orderly return to business for everyone that does not have any elevated risk factors. Focus better lockdowns on those with elevated risks. So we end up with a lot less people in lockdown and the economy is able to function.
    Let sporting events continue for those who want to compete and watch (and are not in a risk group).
    Make the current best practice treatments more accessible and faster to deliver. More and earlier testing so most can be treated at home - no strain on hospitals.
    I understand being fearful, and the sensational media isn't helping, but if you aren't at any risk elevation then, as long as you present at onset you can effectively be treated without hospitalization.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by enjaybel3; 28th March 2020 at 01:27.

I year contract extension for seb being reported, with a pay cut.The ball is in his court now.With the rules remaining the same for 2021 he will probably sign it.The drivers market is pretty much a fall into line approach for 2021.Now 2020 is the worry the clock is ticking.

Quote Originally Posted by enjaybel3 View Post
    Not sure I agree. I understand the reaction to what is still a largely unknown virus but my own view is that universal lockdowns cause bigger problems than they fix.

One of the few things we do know about the virus is who is at risk. Basically if you:-
    - are over 50
    - have diabetes
    - have cancer
    Then you are at elevated risk. If you have more than one of those conditions them your risk profile is very high.
    But if you are none of those, but contact Covid-19 today in a country with a reasonable health system you are at about the same risk as you were from a serious flu.
    Human trials have already begun with vaccines and it's reasonable to expect early versions to be available by Q3 '20 given the urgency.
    Another sleeping problem with universal lockdowns like the ones we are seeing is the blocking of normal viral attenuation. That's a fancy term for the way viruses that are left to spread will weaken. Universal lockdowns tilt evolution back in favor of more deadly copies of viruses to successfully replicate in larger numbers than they normally would.
    For me it would make sense to begin an orderly return to business for everyone that does not have any elevated risk factors. Focus better lockdowns on those with elevated risks. So we end up with a lot less people in lockdown and the economy is able to function.
    Let sporting events continue for those who want to compete and watch (and are not in a risk group).
    Make the current best practice treatments more accessible and faster to deliver. More and earlier testing so most can be treated at home - no strain on hospitals.
    I understand being fearful, and the sensational media isn't helping, but if you aren't at any risk elevation then, as long as you present at onset you can effectively be treated without hospitalization.

So are you saying it's ok for all those people to die just because you are not at risk? people are dying without any conditions also btw not just those in groups you list. Personally if we have to stay inside for a few weeks to save thousands of lifes then I will be more than willing to adhere to that.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by enjaybel3 View Post

- are over 50
    - have diabetes
    - have cancer
    Then you are at elevated risk. If you have more than one of those conditions them your risk profile is very high.
    But if you are none of those, but contact Covid-19 today in a country with a reasonable health system you are at about the same risk as you were from a serious flu.

You said it... we don't know. There are already some people from medicine saying this virus can leave your lungs permanently damaged, even if you survive, it may have effects on your liver and spleen, it can even possibly cause sterility. I would do EVERYTHING in my power to not get infected.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

good ol days when schumi destroyed every one https://youtu.be/McMTidY4yAo ....sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    So are you saying it's ok for all those people to die just because you are not at risk? people are dying without any conditions also btw not just those in groups you list. Personally if we have to stay inside for a few weeks to save thousands of lifes then I will be more than willing to adhere to that.
    Here is one problem with that thinking; of those dying from the virus now, the vast majority would be dead within the next 12-18 months anyway. Is THAT really worth killing business and the economy over?

Reports from Italy are that 99% of those who have died so far had other pre-existing conditions. So again, the outlier cases don’t really mean a whole much.

In 2019 the death rate in Italy was 10.7/1000. That means 1,759 dead per day on a regular basis. On the worst day Italy had 793 deaths in one day from COVID19 so still not exceeding the number who die in a typical day. How many of those would have been part of the 1,759?

If you look at the numbers it really isn’t even that much of a risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    good ol days when schumi destroyed every one https://youtu.be/McMTidY4yAo ....sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    ?!?

?!?
    OH lol bad link sorry stefa and others, i meant this :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2JbaKtjmzg ... watching some old gold MS while searching the web . Nostalgia i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    I understand how this disease can terrify people - I get it. But being scared doesn't mean you can make stuff up. I never said it's "ok" for people to die.
    I know I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I can learn and I always seek to improve my understanding. What I said was I think there is a better way for us to go. A path to less damage.
    And to set the record straight, because of my age, I'm at elevated risk.
    The Sars-Cov-2 virus itself is extremely dangerous and the disease it causes can be fatal.
    Influenza and driving in cars are both also extremely dangerous and can likewise be fatal.
    Being paralyzed with fear and implementing extreme isolation behavior, IMO, is not the best path forward.
    My understanding is that the extreme isolation we are implementing is going to cause much greater harm that the alternate path I have suggested.
    Some of the problems with extreme isolation are:-
    - it causes mass unemployment very quickly. Unemployment is closely tied to depressions, suicides, crime, drug abuse and increased risk-taking behavior.
    - we are stopping other surgeries that people need
    - resources are being directed away from those in high-risk/in-need groups to those at low risk
    - we are taking on debt that will have to be paid by our future generations
    - within the isolation cells we create (the home and the people you are isolating in and with) we are greatly increasing the chance of transmission
    - we are preventing viral attenuation and tipping the evolutionary scales in favor of more harmful copies of the Sars-Cov-2 virus
    - the extreme isolation will likewise prevent attenuation of all viruses - again tipping the evolutionary scales in favor of more harmful versions of the flu and other viruses
    (I'll add a small post on viral attenuation soon for anyone who is interested ** already added here **)
    We do have some data and we have learned some things. With Covid-19 we have a good understanding of who has elevated risks (see my earlier post) of contracting the disease. We have also learned from Italy that healthcare systems based on large facilities (ie big hospitals) and long wait-lists are very effective transmission chambers for this virus.
    As of now, for countries that have modern health systems, we know that people who are not in a risk group and present early (get tested early) we have effective treatments that, in most cases, do not require hospitalization.
    We do not have unlimited resources, financial, medical and human. My opinion is using them in a more focused way is our best path to limiting the pain and suffering this disease can bring. It is also my opinion that we need to look forward and ensure we don't create much bigger problems in our future because of fear-based, illogical over-reactions.
    Last edited by enjaybel3; 28th March 2020 at 08:33.