Thread: 2020 F1 news/rumours

This guy?!?!

I am really full of his @#$%

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id...itant-comments

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    This guy?!?!

Typical behaviour, agree with me and do what I say or you are a racist, bigot white supremacist etc. He is going after greats like Andretti and Sir Jackie Stewart. He needs to be careful now as he is starting to rustle a lot of feathers in the Motorsport world. People are losing respect for him quickly with each race he turns into his own political stage. Stick to racing and leave sports and politics separate. The general public is getting tired of being told what to feel and being called racists. The NFL wont recover from becoming so politically motivated, F1 could follow suit.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Typical behaviour, agree with me and do what I say or you are a racist, bigot white supremacist etc. He is going after greats like Andretti and Sir Jackie Stewart. He needs to be careful now as he is starting to rustle a lot of feathers in the Motorsport world. People are losing respect for him quickly with each race he turns into his own political stage. Stick to racing and leave sports and politics separate. The general public is getting tired of being told what to feel and being called racists. The NFL wont recover from becoming so politically motivated, F1 could follow suit.
    Maybe, but most likely F1 will be fine. Unlike the NFL most F1 fans are in Europe where social justice has taken more stronger root due to the lack of free speech.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    This guy?!?!

It's his new platform. he goes where the action and spotlight is. A few months ago he was walking on beaches and lamenting how man was destroying the environment. before that it was animal cruelty and veganism. Before that he was trying to sing.
    He's a rich elitist. He needs to stay relevant and he has to tell us how to behave.

I'm surprised Mercedes are not worried that Hamilton's antics could backfire on their brand?

F1 is a sport, people watch it for fun and entertainment, not for politics, that's the last thing people want to see or hear!

If people want politics, there are countless news channels for that. Don't shove it down people's faces in entertainment! Or else they will start voting with their time and money and go somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    It's his new platform. he goes where the action and spotlight is. A few months ago he was walking on beaches and lamenting how man was destroying the environment. before that it was animal cruelty and veganism. Before that he was trying to sing.
    He's a rich elitist. He needs to stay relevant and he has to tell us how to behave.
    He is like ADHD kid with too many toys.

Why do we think Toto backed out of persuing "Ferrari Engine Gate"

I'm guessing he saw that the FIA already hampered the Ferrari, and covid brought the opportunity to push another engine freeze so he really didn't need to. He was essentially getting 2 championships. And a weakened Ferrari can't fight his master plan of moving all Merc IP over to Astin Martin.

Hamilton is a disrespectful fool.How can he make the statement that andretti needs to be educated.Does that fool not understand that respect and racism go hand in hand.If any body needs to be educated it's that fool Lewis Hamilton.I have had a gut full of that public nuiecence using the formula1 platform for peddling his own agenda.Poor Lewis go cry me a river you twit wake up mate the world has enough problems and can do with out his stupid antics.Drive your car and keep your pie hole shut.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    He is like ADHD kid with too many toys.
    With all this going on Lewis still has the driving under control , 90th pole and another win. All with his team mate out to beat him. Merc vs. Merc. two equal cars, to fight it out.

When there is no opposition of course he will win.All other f1 teams bar mercedes are all rubbish lets stop kidding our selves.If there was serious players on the grid that rattled his cage and beat him Lewis would have no time what so ever to be the f1 clown.But unfortunately the opposite exists.Can any body take f1 seriously in this presant state?

I agree with you 100% ! No other team has a driver that can come close to Lewis pole or race time. I do believe Max car & driver wise has a shot. 90 poles so far! Who in F-1 ever dreamed there was a chance at 100 poles 100 wins and maybe even 10 WDCs? Max & Charles are right up there as great drivers but this Lewis guy is too much to beat. The teams are trying and spending as best they can . Calling every team in F-1 rubbish is not fair. Just look at the new Merc paint job !! GOAT clown is still the best out there . Imagine if he was serious! With Binotto a true clown running Ferrari; I agree ; who can take F-1 serious?
    Last edited by Brembo; 22nd July 2020 at 07:00.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/53503786

Ferrari announce technical department restructure after slow start to season

Head of aerodynamics Enrico Cardile will lead a newly created performance development department.

And there is a more prominent role for Rory Byrne, who was chief designer when the team dominated the early 2000s.

The idea is to "speed up the design and development on the car-performance front," team boss Mattia Binotto said.

The moves come after Ferrari started this season with a car more than a second a lap slower than that of the world champions and pace-setters Mercedes, and are a recognition that the team's design structure was flawed.

The idea is to create a more vertical organisation and clearly assign responsibility.

Ferrari said in a statement they were "instituting a chain of command that is more focused and simplified and provides the heads of each department the necessary powers to achieve their objectives".

Ferrari had previously been operating a flatter management structure with shared responsibility, but have abandoned this idea to ensure specific people are clearly in charge of each area.

Ferrari believe their team has now shifted to a more similar structure to those employed at Mercedes and Red Bull.

Under Binotto, the key figures alongside Cardile are power-unit boss Enrico Gualteri, sporting director Laurent Mekies and chassis engineering boss Simone Resta.

The return of Byrne to a more prominent role is especially notable.

The 76-year-old South African, regarded as one of the great designers of the last 30 years, had moved into a more background role since being brought out of semi-retirement to help Ferrari with the design of their car when Formula 1 last brought in a major regulation change in 2017.

Byrne will now focus mainly on the design of the 2022 car, when F1 is introducing arguably the biggest regulation change for decades, with an entirely new aerodynamic approach aimed at making the cars able to race more closely together.

Binotto said: "We have started to lay the foundations of a process which should lead to a new and enduring winning cycle.

"It will take some time and we will suffer setbacks like the one we are experiencing right now in terms of results and performance.

"However, we must react to the shortcomings with strength and determination to get back to being at the very top of this sport as soon as possible."

Shared responsibility means no one is responsible. The car this year looks like a dinosaur compared to the rest of the grid. 2021/2 are write-offs but I hope 2022 isn't.

"Rory Byrne and Sanchez (chief aerodynamicist for the SF70 and its successor) are widely believed to have been the twin creative forces behind the innovative features of that 2017 car."

"Byrne, creator of the Schumacher-era multiple title winners, has been retained as a consultant since going into semi-retirement at the end of 2008, but his involvement has decreased since 2017. This seems to mark him stepping up once more."

AMus

2017 car with 2018/2019 engine = title

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    2017 car with 2018/2019 engine = title
    I thinks so too.....2017 car was a beast, too bad we had a weaker engine then the Merc....have we had the 2018 or ‘19 engine in there we would have easily won the title...

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    USA wasn't the only country that had slavery, and white people aren't the only race that had slaves. The entire world still has a racism problem, but it's not as "black and white" as the US media and certain groups like to claim.
    Amen to that.
    If we really (as people) wanted to drill into the slavery issue,we'd have to admit that it has been present,culture wise, all over the globe,one way or the other, in Europe,in Asia , in the American continent and Africa. It's not even just a matter of slavery but race discrimination overall, a thing about skin color.

So , in a way, making it just about black color is (in my opinion, strictly) very wrong.
    I mean,what about what happens in Tibet and China? What about all the relative things that happen in India?
    What about all things that happen regarding all things discrimination ? We don't care because it's not black?
    It should not be just about BLM because for Christ's sake, there's live besides USA.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by The Architect View Post
    Shared responsibility means no one is responsible. The car this year looks like a dinosaur compared to the rest of the grid. 2021/2 are write-offs but I hope 2022 isn't.
    You could not be more wrong.
    Shared responsibility means that they try to build a modern hierarchy where responsibility is shared to more than one person.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    You could not be more wrong.
    Shared responsibility means that they try to build a modern hierarchy where responsibility is shared to more than one person.
    When it's implemented correctly, it can have benefits. More often than not though, it prevents individuals from being empowered, taking the initiative and ownership for their particular area of concern. Based on the experience of past years, it does not appear to have either been implemented well or yielded results. There is something fundamentally wrong with the organisation to consistently underperform in they way they have for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by The Architect View Post
    When it's implemented correctly, it can have benefits. More often than not though, it prevents individuals from being empowered, taking the initiative and ownership for their particular area of concern. Based on the experience of past years, it does not appear to have either been implemented well or yielded results.
    I work in a multinational corp ,actually Italian based in milano and t hey have implemented this kind of management. In my experience it is quite beneficial especially when presented with cases when one has to respond fast and f1 is such a world. So my belief is that of they need this to work they need a lot of determination behind this and managers that know how to promote this kind of change.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

"Ferrari believe their team has now shifted to a more similar structure to those employed at Mercedes and Red Bull."

Turrini: "Rory Byrne has always remained at Ferrari [advisory role] but they didn't listen to him much. Now they will listen, given the SF1000 disaster."

So Turrini also said that Byrne's influence got less over the years & now it seems like he is coming back with a bigger

Turrini he the same guy who always knows stuff that isn't correct?
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Guys please stop with the political talk... It's not wanted here...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    He’s the first who said about our SF1000 car, “it’s worrying sign for Ferrari” where there are correlation issues

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Hamilton is a disrespectful fool.How can he make the statement that andretti needs to be educated.Does that fool not understand that respect and racism go hand in hand.If any body needs to be educated it's that fool Lewis Hamilton.I have had a gut full of that public nuiecence using the formula1 platform for peddling his own agenda.Poor Lewis go cry me a river you twit wake up mate the world has enough problems and can do with out his stupid antics.Drive your car and keep your pie hole shut.
    This^

He should shut his yap or leave. sick of him and his attention seeking nonsense now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Guys please stop with the political talk... It's not wanted here...
    I agree, however if F1 continues to become more political, and Hamilton continues taking a knee and raising a fist; then members will continue to talk about it. FYI I read Vettel is becoming Hamilton’s butler and forcing all drivers to take a knee. Just stick to racing please.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Yup, the same guy who said, or according to his "sources", that Ferrari had offered Vettel a 2 year extensions and the ball was on Vettel's court. Also the same guy, who changed his tune regarding the SF1000 after the winter testing. The same guy who said Simone Resta had left Ferrari for a "rival" team. There are other examples of course.

And Rory Bryne has always been an advisor. Sometimes he's needed, and sometimes he's not needed. "The Ferrari didn't listen to Bryne" story is just another hogwash from Turrini, just like his Vettel story.

Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    This^

He should shut his yap or leave. sick of him and his attention seeking nonsense now.
    Especially that nonsense on the track ,90 poles , soon 91 wins! This has to stop. All he ever thinks about is breaking all F-1 records.