Thread: 2020 F1 news/rumours

It's excellent news that Rory Byrne will be designing the 2022 car.

Not an 'adviser' this time, but will be the chief designer for the car, as he was from 1996-2006.

Hamilton is the type of guy who will sit next to the emir of Qatar when the world cup has his opening ceremony....

Like sands through the hour glass so will Lewis Hamilton.He has accomplished stirring the pot.His outcome zip zilch.Time for another gold chain Lewis make this one that big that it fits in your mouth.

Just curious, has anybody heard where Andy Cowell might be headed to.

Quote Originally Posted by gino t View Post
    Just curious, has anybody heard where Andy Cowell might be headed to.
    Nothing yet. He will go thru a transition phase with Mercedes to get the next guy up to speed.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

"New" tracks added to the 2020 calender. All great tracks from the past. I love the elevation changes at Portimao.

https://twitter.com/F1/status/1286662798911709184

Another chance to screw up a home race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While we have all heard the spy rumors related to our PU leak, here is an article about. Interesting that it may have not been a person, rather a hack of our computer system by a rival team! This is unbelievable if true. I hope Ferrari is pursuing this claim and that the FIA holds whoever responsible accountable.

A few questions; why is Ferrari so complacent with everyone accusing them of cheating? Why are they complacent with being hacked and our information stolen? The Mercs are suddenly burning oil, did they get our engine secrets?

https://www.planetf1.com/news/ferrar...y-saga-report/
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    While we have all heard the spy rumors related to our PU leak, here is an article about. Interesting that it may have not been a person, rather a hack of our computer system by a rival team! This is unbelievable if true. I hope Ferrari is pursuing this claim and that the FIA holds whoever responsible accountable.

A few questions; why is Ferrari so complacent with everyone accusing them of cheating? Why are they complacent with being hacked and our information stolen? The Mercs are suddenly burning oil, did they get our engine secrets?

FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post

Would be so freaking great if Merc was labeled cheaters and was excluded from this year's WDC and WCC.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Would be so freaking great if Merc was labeled cheaters and was excluded from this year's WDC and WCC.
    Yeah... Like that will happen ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    The major issue here is as what fellow Ferrari 1.8 said, WHY we are saying anything ????!!!!! And we are not talking about taking measures against them or launch official protest, but we not even just implien things on interviews or something to show that our frustration. We are just sitting quietly we our head down like complete quilty!!!???
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Thailand News: 2 pieces

First: Absolute power corrupts absolutely

Charges dropped against Red Bull heir over policeman death

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cp...313e81b84d.jpg

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cp...65778844b9.jpg (yes, that's a Ferrari F12)

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-53521586

Second: Alex Albons mother has a troubled history

The reason F1 star Alex Albon’s mum was jailed when Red Bull racer was just 15

https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incomin...amol-Albon.jpg

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formu...lbons-21566798

3 races at Silverstone.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Like sands through the hour glass so will Lewis Hamilton.He has accomplished stirring the pot.His outcome zip zilch.Time for another gold chain Lewis make this one that big that it fits in your mouth.
    Forget the chains! 100 poles and another WDC will be big enough! Forget Lewis he's too far ahead , Ferrari now has to worry about the likes of Stroll coming out ahead of our drivers ! Max looks out of reach also. Ferrari fan to the end; but it's getting tough. No Down Force ?

Third IndyCar engine supplier "will happen" amid Ferrari speculation - Frye

IndyCar president Jay Frye says he remains confident that a third engine manufacturer will join Chevrolet and Honda in the IndyCar Series, as speculation increases that it will be Ferrari.

Ferrari Formula 1 team principal Mattia Binotto told SkySport Italia in mid-May that the company was evaluating the viability of an IndyCar project as F1 introduces budget caps, freeing up financial and human resources for other projects.

Roger Penske, who currently owns both IndyCar and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, said earlier this month that Ferrari is "definitely interested in coming", and now Frye says he believes a third manufacturer will happen "sooner or later".

Frye told Autosport: "As you know, there have been conversations going on with various manufacturers for a few years, but now with Roger being here, that adds another new and very positive element for us.

"I hate saying anything because people will say, 'you've been saying this for three years,' but the truth is that there are other factors that come into it which you can't control. But at some point it's going to happen, I'm confident of it.

"Roger has a huge influence in the automotive world, and I think that will open more eyes to the value and marketing opportunities that IndyCar offers. So I'm very optimistic it will happen, sooner or later. With Ferrari? That would be great. But there are other greatoptions out there too."

Asked if he would judge Ferrari as currently the most likely company to join Honda and Chevrolet in the IndyCar Series, Frye replied: "There are always multiple conversations going on - and then other things like Ferrari can come out of the blue. Eighteen months ago, I'd have said they didn't seem that interested but then something changes in their business world and there's new interest.

"As you and I have spoken about many times in the past, we talk to different manufacturers all the time and Roger - even on the automotive side, before he bought the series and the Speedway - talks to them all the time too."

Formula 1 teams' budget caps of $145m per annum for 2021, $140m for 2022 and then $130m for the next three years has enabled McLaren to step up its involvement in IndyCar, with a full partnership in the Arrow McLaren SP team, formerly Schmidt Peterson Motorsports.

While there is a degree of irony in F1 adopting a regulation that benefits another series, Frye says that cost transparency and laying out a five-year plan have also proven crucial in IndyCar's discussions with manufacturers.

"We worked hard on developing a five-year plan and we also have kept costs under control for all participants," he said.

"Now, the pandemic and its effects have not changed the fundamental plan, even if they may alter the timing a little in terms of when it is activated. It's as we talked about before regarding a more gradual introduction of the new car.

"But the plan is still in place, the economics of IndyCar is, we believe, in a good spot - it's not inexpensive but it is economical - and that's important as we collectively deal with the effects of this pandemic. And the teams know where we're going, what we're going to do.

"One of the things we're trying to do is keep as much as we can the same in 2021 as in '20, not too many technical upgrades for next year, because the economic recovery is going to probably take two or three years."

https://www.autosport.com/indycar/ne...l-happen--frye

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Third IndyCar engine supplier "will happen" amid Ferrari speculation - Frye

IndyCar president Jay Frye says he remains confident that a third engine manufacturer will join Chevrolet and Honda in the IndyCar Series, as speculation increases that it will be Ferrari.

Ferrari Formula 1 team principal Mattia Binotto told SkySport Italia in mid-May that the company was evaluating the viability of an IndyCar project as F1 introduces budget caps, freeing up financial and human resources for other projects.

Roger Penske, who currently owns both IndyCar and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, said earlier this month that Ferrari is "definitely interested in coming", and now Frye says he believes a third manufacturer will happen "sooner or later".

Frye told Autosport: "As you know, there have been conversations going on with various manufacturers for a few years, but now with Roger being here, that adds another new and very positive element for us.

"I hate saying anything because people will say, 'you've been saying this for three years,' but the truth is that there are other factors that come into it which you can't control. But at some point it's going to happen, I'm confident of it.

"Roger has a huge influence in the automotive world, and I think that will open more eyes to the value and marketing opportunities that IndyCar offers. So I'm very optimistic it will happen, sooner or later. With Ferrari? That would be great. But there are other greatoptions out there too."

Asked if he would judge Ferrari as currently the most likely company to join Honda and Chevrolet in the IndyCar Series, Frye replied: "There are always multiple conversations going on - and then other things like Ferrari can come out of the blue. Eighteen months ago, I'd have said they didn't seem that interested but then something changes in their business world and there's new interest.

"As you and I have spoken about many times in the past, we talk to different manufacturers all the time and Roger - even on the automotive side, before he bought the series and the Speedway - talks to them all the time too."

Formula 1 teams' budget caps of $145m per annum for 2021, $140m for 2022 and then $130m for the next three years has enabled McLaren to step up its involvement in IndyCar, with a full partnership in the Arrow McLaren SP team, formerly Schmidt Peterson Motorsports.

While there is a degree of irony in F1 adopting a regulation that benefits another series, Frye says that cost transparency and laying out a five-year plan have also proven crucial in IndyCar's discussions with manufacturers.

"We worked hard on developing a five-year plan and we also have kept costs under control for all participants," he said.

"Now, the pandemic and its effects have not changed the fundamental plan, even if they may alter the timing a little in terms of when it is activated. It's as we talked about before regarding a more gradual introduction of the new car.

"But the plan is still in place, the economics of IndyCar is, we believe, in a good spot - it's not inexpensive but it is economical - and that's important as we collectively deal with the effects of this pandemic. And the teams know where we're going, what we're going to do.

"One of the things we're trying to do is keep as much as we can the same in 2021 as in '20, not too many technical upgrades for next year, because the economic recovery is going to probably take two or three years."

https://www.autosport.com/indycar/ne...l-happen--frye
    Excellent news if they do!

Wonder if they will also develop a chasis?

Could pave the way for a Ferrari team in IndyCar.

I would much rather see Ferrari in sports car racing under the new Hyper car format for LMP1.

I watched a few indy races this year, they're fun to watch... Hopefully Ferrari is the rumored 3rd team...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Mclaren are also involved in IndyCar as Arrow Mclaren SP.

Now I have to talk a little about my soul.I am extremely disappointed with this Wallyworld Formula 1 and the FIA!As early as 2013, before the introduction of the new hybrid engines, Ross Brawn was clear that Mercedes had a development advantage here that was not recoverable.The FIA ​​built huge manure here and accepted the conditions from Mercedes to get them into the F1.Proofs ?why does Andy cowell claim this fact in this article?"It hit him personally that Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff publicly acknowledged in 2019 that Ferrari had overtaken Mercedes in the engines. Cowell was certain that this was not legally possible, so he made sure behind the scenes that the FIA ​​won the Ferrari engine takes a close look ".Source: https://www.autobild.de/artikel/form...996991.htmlYou can only make such a statement if you are absolutely sure that nobody can catch up.In addition, Ross Brawn significantly influenced the FIA ​​by introducing the token system for engine development up to the 2017 season. So you could be 100% sure from Mercedes that no other engine manufacturer will ever be able to win the World Cup as long as there will be this hybrid PU.We, the fans, have been and have been sold in principle by the FIA ​​and Mercedes completely for idiots since 2013.And this is the end for me now.I will no longer reward Formula 1 with my time.I can only decide for myself, but we all, even those who don't know this forum, have to do with our absence and lack of interest to bring the FIA ​​and Liberty to their knees. Because you are dependent on the audience and the financial income.WE ARE NOT.Without us there is no Formula 1 !!
    Now I have to talk a little about my soul.I am extremely disappointed with this Wallyworld Formula 1 and the FIA!As early as 2013, before the introduction of the new hybrid engines, Ross Brawn was clear that Mercedes had a development advantage here that was not recoverable.The FIA ​​built huge manure here and accepted the conditions from Mercedes to get them into the F1.Proofs ?why does Andy cowell claim this fact in this article?"It hit him personally that Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff publicly acknowledged in 2019 that Ferrari had overtaken Mercedes in the engines. Cowell was certain that this was not legally possible, so he made sure behind the scenes that the FIA ​​won the Ferrari engine takes a close look ".Source: https://www.autobild.de/artikel/form...996991.htmlYou can only make such a statement if you are absolutely sure that nobody can catch up.In addition, Ross Brawn significantly influenced the FIA ​​by introducing the token system for engine development up to the 2017 season. So you could be 100% sure from Mercedes that no other engine manufacturer will ever be able to win the World Cup as long as there will be this hybrid PU.We, the fans, have been and have been sold in principle by the FIA ​​and Mercedes completely for idiots since 2013.And this is the end for me now.I will no longer reward Formula 1 with my time.I can only decide for myself, but we all, even those who don't know this forum, have to do with our absence and lack of interest to bring the FIA ​​and Liberty to their knees. Because you are dependent on the audience and the financial income.WE ARE NOT.Without us there is no Formula 1 !!

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...mpression=true

Is this called competitive sport ?

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Nope.

It's all COVID-19 depending on the lock-down.

Nope.

Then they should unfreeze the teams with restrictions which suffered majorly during lockdown.

Then they should unfreeze the teams with restrictions which suffered majorly during lockdown.
    Good point, but it won't be allowed and Ferrari won't get their act together and protest, they only serve 6 out of 20 cars and seem intent on wrecking any chance of getting back what they lost on the ICE.

John Elkann: "The reality is that our car is not competitive. We saw it on track and we will see it again. Today we are laying the foundations for being competitive and returning to winning when the rules change in 2022. I am convinced of it."

John Elkann: "Leclerc and Sainz will make Maranello their home, will be close to our engineers. The new cae will be born with them."

The key points of Elkann's interview with Gazzetta:

➡️ : he trusts Binotto's skills and believes he will bring the team back to a winning circle but it will take time
    ➡️ : he says that the car has structural weaknesses and 2020/2021 will be difficult years, he asks for patience

No mentions of new upgrades in the Ferrari preview for this weekend, Mekies only said that they try to improve the understanding of the car since we have two GPs in Silverstone & that they will try to get as much information as possible to develop the car in the right direction.

Laurent Mekies: "The race team had a few days back at base to regroup after the first triple header, and we are all returning to the track with the strong will to deliver the best possible result this weekend. It is certainly a character building start to the season but we know that we can count on our team, our drivers, and our fans, to fight back as a united group.
    There is no magic formula to turn things around quickly and there’s a lot of hard work ahead of us, which is what we are here for”.

“Understand the car”

Nope.

If you want to win, you don't worry about the sniffles which leave 99.98% of people alive. It's yet another failure in Ferrari's management. If a supermarket cashier can work through the plandemic and come in contact with hundreds of different people a day, an engineer or tech in the engine department can as well. You didn't see Walmart or Home Depot employees dropping like flies did you? It's a **** poor excuse.

It has not been competitive for years - a joke really. Specific rules for specific teams apply. It has been said before and will say say it again, Merc was handed 6-8 championships with a guarantee of no competition from other teams. Now Ferrari is conceding defeat for the next two years. They are confident of being competitive in the next cycle. Who is to say that McLaren, RedBull or even Williams wont have a better interpretation of the new rules? Then they are locked in again at that point and we will be screwed again.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Hey guys see you in about two years time :)