Thread: 2020 F1 news/rumours

Mercedes boss Wolff has refuted Bottas' claim that the team was "sleeping

Motorsport.com

Ferrari and Red Bull are apparently protesting the Mercedes rear wing for flexing.

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1...a-w11/4853899/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    Ferrari and Red Bull are apparently protesting the Mercedes rear wing for flexing.

The outcome will be nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post

As far as I understand Ferrari and RB are also using it, not protesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    The spring of 2020 is over, enough people have had it for partial herd immunity by now, so the authorities should just pipe down. It's just destroying the environment, dumping more plastics in the oceans to force healthy people to wear them + they do also not work (Japan's second wave says hi). Also, check my nationality for more info. It has basically vanished completely now from Sweden because we let it loose and now we have immunity without masks. Also, living in what was the Swedish epicenter I didn't see a single sign of a pandemic in spring. Media hype is what it is. The media was on its way out losing all its importance, so they pounced like rabid dogs and pressured the politicians into stupid moves that destroyed the global economy. People always die of illnesses. It's a sad part of reality, that no politicians can control. Still, even in epicenter countries, the annual death total from covid will be less than 10 % of annual deaths or fewer than 0.1 % of the overall population. April 2020 was below December 1993 and January 2000 for deaths in Sweden and already in May 2020, the death count was lower (!) than a normal January.

It's just a nutcase exaggeration and F1 and other pro sports shouldn't play along or promote it. Simply having the drivers alone without masks would be a big signal.

The big issue here is that the average person can hardly use a calculator, let alone count the actual figures, hence they're easily led by the media into a panic frenzy. I did my math already in late winter and figured this would blow over after a short spike, just like it has.

Liberty Media deserve all the crap they can get for being in collusion with Mercedes to cheat time and time again. If they burn down F1 on the altar of political nonsense then more power to them. There will always be a successor. Keep politics out of sport for goodness sake.

As for Ferrari's handling this year, they've mostly stayed silent about everything, which is all I'm asking for. The best way to avoid polemics is to just being neutral. That other countries can't ever shut the trap about how Sweden handled covid like adults has definitely affected my view of many countries this year. British and American media should stay at an infinite distance from Swedish domestic issues.
    There is a rise in the statistics, in case you've not noticed and according to experts there's a second wave expected come sep. or oct. 2020.
    The problem with F1 is definitely not the masks, it's a combination of no attendance in the races along with the fact that people are just sick of watching Mercedes dominating.
    FiA will be forced to change the game just like they did back in 2005 , whether they like it or not.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

SpanishGP 2020

No rain.

Could we see a repeat of Pirelli tires blistering again? Will Max & RedBull go for hards in Q2??
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    SpanishGP 2020

No rain.

Could we see a repeat of Pirelli tires blistering again? Will Max & RedBull go for hards in Q2??
    Mercs will come hard. I see front row lock out again.

SpanishGP 2020

No rain.

Do we know what tyres are being supplied? I'm sure wolf would have told Pirelli that he was unhappy with the choices last weekend.

Think Merc will chew the tires again as it’s gonna be super hot this weekend...Max will prolly quali on hoards in Q2 again and win the race

Hamster will DNF....you heard it from me first

Quote Originally Posted by springfield View Post
    As far as I understand Ferrari and RB are also using it, not protesting.
    Yeah, the article i read said its not just Merc, but RBR and Ferrari are using a similar wing.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Think Merc will chew the tires again as it’s gonna be super hot this weekend...Max will prolly quali on hoards in Q2 again and win the race

Hamster will DNF....you heard it from me first
    Hope so. And i hope Pirelli bring the same set of tyres. The races are more fun this way.
    Silently, like a shadow

Blister baby blister the hotter the better.

This might make things interesting. Maybe even give Ferrari a chance to be competitive next year if it goes through.

https://www.racefans.net/2020/08/12/...tings-in-2021/

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    This might make things interesting. Maybe even give Ferrari a chance to be competitive next year if it goes through.

The ultimate power an engine can make in a short term setting like those used in quali is still a product of how much power it makes on a regular basis. Even without the quali modes, Merc would still have an advantage if engine development is frozen. Their base point is already more powerful that Ferrari so any boost they get with quali modes is building on that.

Plus, when not in quali mode, their race pace is better anyway.

Since everyone has a quali mode at this point, it will be a relatively even reduction for all.

FIA understood Merc power advantage is more & also it took a toll on the revenue too (No fans, No competition)
    So they are trying to equalise the Engine factor at least for last year before new reg’s start & see how it turns out to be.

With a new chassis and a full power quali. mode engine setting Seb may well be the Seb of old !!!! If he wins this race he will move back into #1 spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    With a new chassis and a full power quali. mode engine setting Seb may well be the Seb of old !!!! If he wins this race he will move back into #1 spot.
    good dream you had....and then you woke up and tasted the reality....NOT so good was it????

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    The ultimate power an engine can make in a short term setting like those used in quali is still a product of how much power it makes on a regular basis. Even without the quali modes, Merc would still have an advantage if engine development is frozen. Their base point is already more powerful that Ferrari so any boost they get with quali modes is building on that.

Since everyone has a quali mode at this point, it will be a relatively even reduction for all.
    Not necessarily. Although they probably have the most powerful engine overall throughout all operating modes, maybe if they've set up their engine to be robust enough to use max boost to qualify, gain a lead, or when passing/catching up cars, but then have to dial it back for awhile. In this mode it might no tbe producing as much power as other engines if it's been optimized for it's banzai sessions. Depends on how it's set up and how they're gaining power. A car with Nox boost can be the fastest car for awhile, then could be rather slow when the gas runs dry. Renault was doing this with the EBD. They used it mainly to build up a comfortable lead and then had to cruise or it would blow or run out of gas.
    Maybe Ferrari can run their engine at max power all race. Maybe not and it's all going to be business as usual.

Pretty exciting to see how it's going to all shake out.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post

Raikkonen disagrees. He said we don't have any qualifying mode so it wouldn't affect us. By we, he meant Ferrari. Leclerc and Vettel later said the same thing that what they have in qualifying is what they have in race and it will make zero difference for them.

And as per latest rumors, this change will come into force as early as 2 weeks from now in Belgian Grand Prix. Ferrari powered cars will be happy.

Not necessarily. Although they probably have the most powerful engine overall throughout all operating modes, maybe if they've set up their engine to be robust enough to use max boost to qualify, gain a lead, or when passing/catching up cars, but then have to dial it back for awhile. In this mode it might no tbe producing as much power as other engines if it's been optimized for it's banzai sessions. Depends on how it's set up and how they're gaining power. A car with Nox boost can be the fastest car for awhile, then could be rather slow when the gas runs dry. Renault was doing this with the EBD. They used it mainly to build up a comfortable lead and then had to cruise or it would blow or run out of gas.
    Maybe Ferrari can run their engine at max power all race. Maybe not and it's all going to be business as usual.

Pretty exciting to see how it's going to all shake out.
    Time will tell.

Your nitrous comparison isn’t exactly apples to apples but I understand what you are trying to say. I ran nitrous on my car for a couple years. Either way. We don’t know the specifics but since they can’t increase fuel flow their options for more power are timing and A/F ratio. They lean out the engine by supplying more air and possibly advancing timing. If they can do this, for even a short period of time, say one lap, there are two possibilities, either the engine is robust enough to take it and give a huge gain or the base line is already more powerful in which case the small power increase only stamps their authority. If it’s robust enough to take a huge increase in power, then its robust enough to run at lower power levels but still make more power. If it isn’t, that means the base line is already more powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Raikkonen disagrees. He said we don't have any qualifying mode so it wouldn't affect us. By we, he meant Ferrari. Leclerc and Vettel later said the same thing that what they have in qualifying is what they have in race and it will make zero difference for them.

And as per latest rumors, this change will come into force as early as 2 weeks from now in Belgian Grand Prix. Ferrari powered cars will be happy.
    This tells me that Ferrari were gaining power through more fuel and their engine isn’t strong enough to run leaner or with more boost.

Oh poor 2 chains Hamilton they are always trying to slow us down what do you think they did to Ferrari 2 chains
    Welcome to the club.Now work hard for your race wins and earn them no more free lunches awaits.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Oh poor 2 chains Hamilton they are always trying to slow us down what do you think they did to Ferrari 2 chains
    Welcome to the club.Now work hard for your race wins and earn them no more free lunches awaits.
    Earn the next race with a 3 tire finish!

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    Do we know what tyres are being supplied? I'm sure wolf would have told Pirelli that he was unhappy with the choices last weekend.
    You know this is the same kind talk we heard when FERRARI and Michael were winning.
    Bridgestone catering to FERRARI, which they probably were as why wouldn't you want your tires on the winning car back then because of tire war.
    Also FIA kept changing rules to try and slow FERRARI and Michael down.
    They don't seem to be doing that now to Mercedes.
    Changes aren't permanent........But change is.
    ALL LIVES MATTER... EVEN YOURS

Pretty much sums it up

Lewis Hamilton is an Idiot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq2E7LBClnY
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Pretty much sums it up

Amazing video. He really is an idiot.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Amazing video. He really is an idiot.
    Well that’s a given, we all knew that.....

Pretty much sums it up

Hilarious video!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Well that’s a given, we all knew that.....
    What we F-1 fans all know is not everyone can make it to GOAT and still have a few years left. Lewis just broke the podium record with 156 ! 92 poles so far and 88 wins! I just can't agree that in F-1 it takes an idiot to be a record holder in the sport and male a few million $$$ while on the job !

Pretty much sums it up

HYPOCRITE and CLOWN as always!!!

Red Bull has become my second favorite team!

https://www.rebelnews.com/red_bull_f...es_matter_push