Thread: 2020 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Hardly simple.
    He had same amount of points as Alonso in his rookie F1 season, and only needed 1 points out of 20 to secure the WDC. But team mistake and engine reliability costed him the title.
    Yes, he won by 1 points against Massa. But Massa of 2007-2009 was a different driver, he made Raikkonen lookquite ordinary. In 2009 he was the best of rest behind Brawn and Red Bull drivers. 2010-2013, nowhere? Hardly. I mean you have to watch the entire season, rather than only looking at the final standings.

So overall he had dealt with 3 WDC's as teammates. His score against Button was 2-1, same with Rosberg. Unless you think Button, a WDC and who had beaten Alonso in 2015, or Rosberg, another WDC and far stronger than either 35 years old Webber and Raikkonen, or Alonso, aren't strong teammates....then there's nothing more to say.
    The same ordinary driver Kimi won championship with Ferrari by 1point . If Lewis won by 1 point is great then it’s the same with Kimi.
    If not Massa DNF (as you are saying Lewis DNF cost him title), he would have won the title in 2008 Not Hamilton.
    Which means till 2014 Lewis would have left with no titles.

So there are lot of if’s & but’s ...!! Point to point is Ham won the title with 1 point not against strong driver? If still he’s great, then Kimi is not a ordinary driver, he won against Ham & Alonso.

Regarding Rookie season, it’s better to discuss very less. Because we know 2nd half of the season team preferred which driver?

2-1 score but still got beaten by ordinary drivers that’s the point right. I mean a great driver got beaten by ordinary driver?

Jenson and Nico won 1 title so how can they be ordinary when you claim Kimi with 1 title can't be ordinary?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Jenson and Nico won 1 title so how can they be ordinary when you claim Kimi with 1 title can't be ordinary?
    Some one claimed Kimi/button/Rosberg as ordinary drivers (as racing against them or beating them is nothing).... so I reiterated that phrase In order to compare against Lewis Hamilton.

#AMuS Helmut Marko when asked about Max's team radio in Spa: "We will explain to Max that he is responsible for driving and we are responsible for strategy.."

#AMuS Red Bull and Mercedes are expected to bring upgrades to Spa.

Mercedes says their upgrades are not just a smaller rear wing for Spa/Monza: "They're performance updates."

#AMuS Red Bull believes that with a possible quali mode ban in Spa, the engines will be much closer and their deficit to Mercedes will be smaller, though the Mercedes engine will still remain on top.

Helmut Marko: "But not to the same extent as before."

#AMuS Helmut Marko: "Mercedes were not only superior in qualifying thanks to the engine, but also in the starting lap, the inlap into the pits, the outlap, when overtaking and when defending. Over the distance our deficit should be smaller."

#AMuS Toto Wolff: "We believe that the quali mode ban will even help us in the race. The matrix will change if the FIA actually changes the rules. We see this as an opportunity. Five qualifying laps with maximum power less lets us drive 25 laps with more power in the race."

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    The same ordinary driver Kimi won championship with Ferrari by 1point . If Lewis won by 1 point is great then it’s the same with Kimi.
    If not Massa DNF (as you are saying Lewis DNF cost him title), he would have won the title in 2008 Not Hamilton.

So there are lot of if’s & but’s ...!! Point to point is Ham won the title with 1 point not against strong driver? If still he’s great, then Kimi is not a ordinary driver, he won against Ham & Alonso.

Regarding Rookie season, it’s better to discuss very less. Because we know 2nd half of the season team preferred which driver?

2-1 score but still got beaten by ordinary drivers that’s the point right. I mean a great driver got beaten by ordinary driver?
    Yup, there are lot of if's and but's, so we should ignore those and focus on the reality. Hamilton is worthy of 7 world titles, there are no ifs and buts about it, just like he was the better driver in both 2017 and 2018.

Also time and age always matters. The Raikkonen of 2005-2008 wasn't the Raikkonen of 2014-present day. Beating a driver, who's in the dusk of his career is a bit easy over beating someone, who's fresh and in the dawn of his career.

#AMuS Red Bull believes that with a possible quali mode ban in Spa, the engines will be much closer and their deficit to Mercedes will be smaller, though the Mercedes engine will still remain on top.

Helmut Marko: "But not to the same extent as before."

#AMuS Helmut Marko: "Mercedes were not only superior in qualifying thanks to the engine, but also in the starting lap, the inlap into the pits, the outlap, when overtaking and when defending. Over the distance our deficit should be smaller."

#AMuS Toto Wolff: "We believe that the quali mode ban will even help us in the race. The matrix will change if the FIA actually changes the rules. We see this as an opportunity. Five qualifying laps with maximum power less lets us drive 25 laps with more power in the race."
    Both Toto and Marko are drumming up their chances, they are trying to spin the party mode ban with a bit more positivity. Buy I think, both well get affected by it.

The only one who will not be affected by it are Ferrari, and other 2 Ferrari powered teams.

Yup, there are lot of if's and but's, so we should ignore those and focus on the reality. Hamilton is worthy of 7 world titles, there are no ifs and buts about it, just like he was the better driver in both 2017 and 2018.

Also time and age always matters. The Raikkonen of 2005-2008 wasn't the Raikkonen of 2014-present day. Beating a driver, who's in the dusk of his career is a bit easy over beating someone, who's fresh and in the dawn of his career.
    I dont think anyone disagrees that Hamilton is one of the best. But is he THE best? I would have liked to see him have a bit more adversity and competition to prove that. The last few years he really has had it pretty easy both because he had the fastest car and because no other team stepped up. Not his fault but makes it harder to say he is best of all time when you compare to some others.

Both Toto and Marko are drumming up their chances, they are trying to spin the party mode ban with a bit more positivity. Buy I think, both well get affected by it.

The only one who will not be affected by it are Ferrari, and other 2 Ferrari powered teams.
    Yup you are right. I feel this move from FIA is somehow related to Merc not Signing the new agreement?
    When merc were delaying it, FIA came with this new TD in the next upcoming races. On the other side when merc said now they are happy to sign It, FIA is looking to push this TD for next year ?

I’m not sure it’s just a wild guess.

Final score will never tell you the entire story, just like 2007. You should see what driver does in certain situations

Would you say Trulli and Button were better than Alonso? or Rosberg better than MS?

2016 was all down to one engine blow up, there was nothing more in that season

Hamilton has ability to drag a car to positions which normal drivers can’t do, I have rarely seen him fold under pressure. He chooses his battles carefully.

Yes, he is terrible personality outside the car but certainly an F1 great, no question about it.

But, there is no way he is better than Michael/Fernando

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Final score will never tell you the entire story, just like 2007. You should see what driver does in certain situations

Would you say Trulli and Button were better than Alonso? or Rosberg better than MS?

Hamilton has ability to drag a car to positions which normal drivers can’t do, I have rarely seen him fold under pressure. He chooses his battles carefully.

Yes, he is terrible personality outside the car but certainly an F1 great, no question about it.

If you think 2016 was all down to Malaysia then you didn't watch a single session that year. Rosberg was leading by 43 points in Spain when Hamilton collapsed under pressure and did a bonehead move and took both of them out.

In a faster car, Hamilton was trailing by 28 points in 2017. Car was supposed to be 1st but he dragged it to 2nd, certainly normal drivers can't do that. It of course requires quite some skill to chose your battles carefully when you run P1 most of the time and you have to contend on how not to crash into the invisible air.

In Germany 2018 qualifying, he was literally crying beside his car. Austria 2017 or 2018, I don't remember but he was once again crying because he was not in P1 and had to do overtakes which he failed to do.

Put Hamilton in the middle of the pack and it won't be long before you call him a driver who should have retired long ago.

If you think 2016 was all down to Malaysia then you didn't watch a single session that year. Rosberg was leading by 43 points in Spain when Hamilton collapsed under pressure and did a bonehead move and took both of them out.

In a faster car, Hamilton was trailing by 28 points in 2017. Car was supposed to be 1st but he dragged it to 2nd, certainly normal drivers can't do that. It of course requires quite some skill to chose your battles carefully when you run P1 most of the time and you have to contend on how not to crash into the invisible air.

In Germany 2018 qualifying, he was literally crying beside his car. Austria 2017 or 2018, I don't remember but he was once again crying because he was not in P1 and had to do overtakes which he failed to do.

Put Hamilton in the middle of the pack and it won't be long before you call him a driver who should have retired long ago.

This is what I wanted to clarify, some of them are keeping him in the above league. Which I totally disagree.
    He might be great driver but not the best.

As you said you haven’t seen him folded under the pressure, yeah true. But I say it other way, he wasn’t under the pump at all these years, because he had dominant car. Where he can come out on new set of tyres & Blast all with FL’s & pass them.

Remember? Last race when max won ? Wt he called “RB are using low pressures” ?
    When Rosberg was about to win & team said to allow Rosberg, what was his reaction? Is he team player?

There are completely two shades of him. Yes he chooses his battles wisely, he knows when to attack & slow down.
    If it’s perfect weekend for him he’s happy else we shall see other side of him saying “car is not where it wanted to be”.....

The F2004 was a dominant car! Comparable to Mercedes of the Turbo Hybrid era, but the racing and race craft is not even close. MSC/Ferrari 4 pit stop win at the French GP 2004.

I dont remeber HAM ever having to pull that off. He is good, but untill he has to pull something that memorable in thr current spec or is pressure tested against a driver in the sister Merc, he is not considered a Great.

This also applies to VET. There have been glipses of this greatness in LEC and as much as i hate to say it, more so MAX.

According to a machine algorithm the fastest driver of all time is ayrton senna followed by Micheal shumacher and 2 chains Hamilton comes in 3rd place 0.27 sec behind Micheal.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    According to a machine algorithm the fastest driver of all time is ayrton senna followed by Micheal shumacher and 2 chains Hamilton comes in 3rd place 0.27 sec behind Micheal.
    When Heikki Kovalainen is in the top 10, i seriously question the validity of the list lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    I dont think anyone disagrees that Hamilton is one of the best. But is he THE best? I would have liked to see him have a bit more adversity and competition to prove that. The last few years he really has had it pretty easy both because he had the fastest car and because no other team stepped up. Not his fault but makes it harder to say he is best of all time when you compare to some others.
    Very honest post! I just have to say the simplest way to determine if he's the best is now 2020 he is. He's breaking all records with a car that deserves his driving it to victory and points race after race. I believe the present top 6 drivers and throw in Stroll really start each race thinking they have a shot at winning or at least the podium. That 3 wheel win was a big deal as far as I'm concerned . No need to search back 50 yrs. to see if someone else did it too. With Lewis the downfall is the cars too good, with Ferrari it's the down force !!

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Man, you're actually extremely bitter about Hamilton, if you say Spain 2016 was a bonehead move and Nico was the victim on that occasion. Let me guess, Austria 2016 was also a Hamilton bonehead move?

#AMuS Helmut Marko when asked about Max's team radio in Spa: "We will explain to Max that he is responsible for driving and we are responsible for strategy.."

This is leadership!
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Sounds about right to me. I like the top two, couldn't care less about the rest.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

We will never know what Senna would have left behind records wise. I remember Prost saying his biggest fear while racing in F-1 was seeing Senna's Yellow helmet in his mirrors!!
    Michael came ,went and came back. Lewis 3rd fastest, and it looks like as slow as he is , all records will belong to him when as he continues along.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    We will never know what Senna would have left behind records wise. I remember Prost saying his biggest fear while racing in F-1 was seeing Senna's Yellow helmet in his mirrors!!
    Michael came ,went and came back. Lewis 3rd fastest, and it looks like as slow as he is , all records will belong to him when as he continues along.
    Just because of supreme machine!

And there you have it, lewis is only 3rd best and is going for records because for the cars whereas both Michael and ayrton did what they did because of skills.
    Then you have brits telling you that lewis is cleaner and therefore better lol

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Just because of supreme machine!
    Aye. In my line of work you learn that data don't lie

"If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    And there you have it, lewis is only 3rd best and is going for records because for the cars whereas both Michael and ayrton did what they did because of skills.
    Then you have brits telling you that lewis is cleaner and therefore better lol

Do you think Bottas" car is equal to Lewis" car? Or at least better than Max's R Bull Honda?

Do you think Bottas" car is equal to Lewis" car? Or at least better than Max's R Bull Honda?
    Definitely better than Max’s red bull....and I’m sure Merc is giving them equal equipment to work with...Is just that 2 chains is a little better than botas that’s all

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Definitely better than Max’s red bull....and I’m sure Merc is giving them equal equipment to work with...Is just that 2 chains is a little better than botas that’s all
    I agree 100% I just wanted to here it from some other fans like yourself. Thanks for the reply. So Max driver wise is right up there with the best.

I agree 100% I just wanted to here it from some other fans like yourself. Thanks for the reply. So Max driver wise is right up there with the best.
    Of course Max is up there with the best....as much as I used to dislike him as a person when he was younger and made stupid mistakes like crashing into our Ferrari’s, Max has come a long way, is more mature nowadays and I’m sure ANY team would like to have him as a driver as he gets the absolute most out of the car....heck, I’m even gonna go to the extent that I would t mind having today’s Max drive for us.....there I said it, yes he is miles away better then Seb was OR ever will be.....something I wouldn’t have said a few years ago

But that’s just prolly me and others here may thing differently of him