Thread: 2020 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by DJTaurus View Post
    Red Bull has become my second favorite team!

https://www.rebelnews.com/red_bull_f...es_matter_push
    I've read about this in today's local papers. I so support this! I am fed up with all this political correctness. Hypocrites!!!!!
    Well done DM!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I've read about this in today's local papers. I so support this! I am fed up with all this political correctness. Hypocrites!!!!!
    Well done DM!
    The constant complaining about everything is annoying, no?

Well done DM!
    Awesome!

Support them 100% in this.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Oh poor 2 chains Hamilton they are always trying to slow us down what do you think they did to Ferrari 2 chains
    Welcome to the club.Now work hard for your race wins and earn them no more free lunches awaits.
    This aged well then...

"I can assure you we don't have a party mode - I used the same mode from Q2 to the end of Q3.

"There was no extra mode, no extra button I engaged."

This prompted Vettel to question why Hamilton had not been as far ahead earlier in qualifying, saying: "What were you doing before then?"

Hamilton responded: "I was waiting to put a good lap in, wipe the smile off your face."

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...as-key-to-pole

"It's obviously to slow us down but I don't think it's going to get the result that they want, so that's totally fine if they do."

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...paign=widget-1

I really hope it slows them down enough to get Max/Red Bull closer to him. Give him a hard time and show him what competition is, he hasn't seen it in 6 years.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Colin Kolles claims RP got the wind tunnel Mercedes model to copy from.

https://www.f1-bih.com/racing-point-...racnog-tunela/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why it's unfair to say Hamilton is only winning because of the car

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id...ly-winning-car

Seriously?!?!?

Why it's unfair to say Hamilton is only winning because of the car

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id...ly-winning-car

Seriously?!?!?
    The last time Lewis actually had to fight was the first 7 races of 2018 when the Ferrari was actually as good as the Mercedes. Hamilton had 2 poles, 2 wins, and 0 fastest laps over the races and was 2nd in the championship to Vettel (121 and 120 pts respectively). Not exactly the unbeatable driver the media makes him out to be, especially since he was being beaten by a team and driver that made a lot of mistakes.

There are really only 2 ways to really know how good Hamilton is.

1. Put him in another car that isn't so dominant and see what he can do.

2. Give him a team mate that is rated as high as he is... like Max, Leclerc, or even Vettel or Ricciardo and see how he compares.

If neither of those happens... there are always going to be people who will question his claim to GOAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post

2. Give him a team mate that is rated as high as he is... like Max, Leclerc, or even Vettel or Ricciardo and see how he compares.

If neither of those happens... there are always going to be people who will question his claim to GOAT.
    He will be A GOAT but not THE GOAT. He is a GOAT in this era of F1. Just like Schumi was a GOAT in his era of F1.....and Senna.....Surtees.....Fangio.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    He will be A GOAT but not THE GOAT. He is a GOAT in this era of F1. Just like Schumi was a GOAT in his era of F1.....and Senna.....Surtees.....Fangio.
    I will NEVER, EVER aknowledge him as GOAT, he is hypocrite and clown in best car!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Since GOAT means Greatest of ALL Time, there can only be 1 GOAT.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Since GOAT means Greatest of ALL Time, there can only be 1 GOAT.
    F1 changes all the time....tracks per season, rules, regulations, cars, teams, advancement in technology, etc. etc.

So in F1, IMO, there are several GOAT's given the time period or era. F1 currently is more digital than analog of days past. So more "digital" to help the driver.

F1 is not as stationary like the NFL, NBA, Soccer, or Baseball. To me, Michael Jordan is THE GOAT for example but others would say Bill Russell is THE GOAT.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Glad that you posted this one. I have been saying this all the time. How can anybody term he’s in the league of Schumi/Alonso ??

1. Because of his titles? Then vettel to had 4 titles....!
    2. Because he did defeat his team-mates ? Vettel also did defeat his team mates...!!
    3. Because he took majority of pole positions? Vettel too had maximum pole positions during 2010-2013 era.

Vettel is overrated driver, then ham is also a overrated driver. Vettel won his titles in a rocket ship car. It’s the same with Lewis, before 2014
    1. he had only one championship
    2. Not many pole positions
    3. Vettel got beaten by his teammate Ric & Lec. It’s the same with Ham, got beaten by Button & Rosberg.
    4. He had won championship in 2008 with 1 point against massa who’s not a legendary driver.

So in my books, both Ham & vettel will never be a champions.

Schumi did earn those titles against great drivers & even Alonso who fought against schumi. Even In slower car he almost pulled off two titles with Ferrari.

Lewis always had strongest car McLaren/Mercs
    Vettel drove with TR/RB/Ferrari
    Alonso With Renault/McLaren/Ferrari/McLaren & Now Renault.

Vettel’s weakness was exposed when a young teammate rolled in.
    Now imagine if Lec or max race against Ham as a teammate what would be the outcome???

We saw Ham panic whenever he had stronger teammate Alonso/ Button/Rosberg...!!

The thing about Hamilton is, even when he haven't had great cars, he still won races and earned podiums. I don't think anybody with a reasonable mind would say the 2009 Mclaren to be a great car. Or the 2013 Mercedes either, of course people can say that the 2013 Merc was a great car, based on its number of pole positions, but with the same logic the 2019 Ferrari was a great car as well, but all of us know that's not true.

Hamilton also had Alonso, Button, Rosberg as teammates, especially Alonso in his rookie year. And no matter how you twists or turns his 2007 season, his performance as a rookie was exceptional.

Vettel on the other hand, haven had any victories when he stated a race outside the top 3 positions. He had a "bad" car in 2016, and he failed to win a single race and lost the qualifying battle to Raikkonen. He got beaten by Leclerc, nothing surprising about athat. And now with the current Ferrari, and his performance isn't anything special. His pretty much getting thrashed by Charles again, both on race and qualifying pace.

Also the only people Vettel had ever beat were Bourdais, and very old (on racing term) Webber and Raikkonen. But when he got partnered with some one younger, he got torched by them.

And most importantly, I have never heard Hamilton saying "I can't drive the current car", "or it doesn't suit my driving style".

This forum used to think Max isn't anything special, or Charles isn't "ready" to lead Ferrari, and some still holding on to that idea. But it doesn't matter much. Ross Brawn rated Hamilton highly, and that's why he hired him. Hamilton never had problem with finding another seat when he left Mclaren. Same thing with Alonso, never had any problem finding seats. Vettel on the other hand, have no seat available to him yet, his only chance is TP, but that's depend on what Lawrence Stroll would do. His 4 world titles, or his number wins or poles, those are meaningless, they can't earn him seats as easily as Alonso/Hamilton.

When it comes to GOAT there is only one and can be only one and that is Jim Clark, end of story.

Hamilton thinks spain race was one of his best ever, was he celebrating with drugs?

---

“There are different types of races you have, when you’re obviously behind or leading, but to execute…we all try for perfection and it’s not always easy to deliver like that,” added Hamilton.

“But today, for me in the car, I was ecstatic when I came across the line. I didn’t realise it was the last lap, I was still going.

“I was just in a daze out there. I was in a different [zone], I felt really good. I didn’t even know it was the last lap at the end. That’s how zoned in I was. I was ready to keep going.

“In my mind, I was like a horse with those blinkers on, I didn’t realise. But for me, it’s up there with… in terms of how I drove, really delivering, I think this is right up there with some of the best I’ve personally felt I’ve done, so for me it’s super-exciting.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    The thing about Hamilton is, even when he haven't had great cars, he still won races and earned podiums. I don't think anybody with a reasonable mind would say the 2009 Mclaren to be a great car. Or the 2013 Mercedes either, of course people can say that the 2013 Merc was a great car, based on its number of pole positions, but with the same logic the 2019 Ferrari was a great car as well, but all of us know that's not true.

Hamilton also had Alonso, Button, Rosberg as teammates, especially Alonso in his rookie year. And no matter how you twists or turns his 2007 season, his performance as a rookie was exceptional.

Vettel on the other hand, haven had any victories when he stated a race outside the top 3 positions. He had a "bad" car in 2016, and he failed to win a single race and lost the qualifying battle to Raikkonen. He got beaten by Leclerc, nothing surprising about athat. And now with the current Ferrari, and his performance isn't anything special. His pretty much getting thrashed by Charles again, both on race and qualifying pace.

Also the only people Vettel had ever beat were Bourdais, and very old (on racing term) Webber and Raikkonen. But when he got partnered with some one younger, he got torched by them.

And most importantly, I have never heard Hamilton saying "I can't drive the current car", "or it doesn't suit my driving style".

This forum used to think Max isn't anything special, or Charles isn't "ready" to lead Ferrari, and some still holding on to that idea. But it doesn't matter much. Ross Brawn rated Hamilton highly, and that's why he hired him. Hamilton never had problem with finding another seat when he left Mclaren. Same thing with Alonso, never had any problem finding seats. Vettel on the other hand, have no seat available to him yet, his only chance is TP, but that's depend on what Lawrence Stroll would do. His 4 world titles, or his number wins or poles, those are meaningless, they can't earn him seats as easily as Alonso/Hamilton.
    Not saying Hamilton isnt good . He may be the best but it would sure help the argument if he had some competition. Or he did something extraordinary with a car that wasnt the best. Those years at McLaren he was pretty good but the car was pretty competitive in 07 and 08. Schumi in 97 98 when he came from behind to make it close was special. Those types of years make a legend.

Maybe the title to this discussion should be changed to Lewis Hamiltom Bashing/GOAT?

He is good, the only times he has been directly benchmarked against was his first year with Fernando in the sister car. He did give FA a good run for his money, but again that was a year plagued.... outside of that he has not had the competitive comparison which can be made for the likes of MSC, Senna, et al.

Hence, for me, HAM will always be good, but never a great. He does deserve the credit of being a good driver and building a goodteam with Toto.

PS, personally loved him in his youth coming in a whopping FA.... And that only lasted about 5 races. In many ways I can be writting all of this the same for Seb too.

Overall, its fair too say, Me as the average F1 fan, I am loosing interest in leaps and bounds. The single reason, Politics.... and this is very much different to the Prost, MSC, Briatore, FA eras of politics. Now a days, its a bit likke playing football manager with the database editor running in the background. People like me will totally loose faith, if Toto ends up owing a larger chunk of Aston or moves into the F1 CEO role.

Its high time.... Ferrari should look to alternative series and give the Concorde Agreent a miss. Lets see how quickly the stock value of F1 tanks.

How did Lewis manage to get every other team to have non competitive cars drivers? That also should go down with all his records! Never done before. 100 wins. 10 WDCs 156+podiums will mean nothing, it's how good the other cars and drivers are that counts!
    Last edited by Brembo; 18th August 2020 at 02:35.

Except the last 10 WDC have all been won by cars that are head and shoulders above the rest. Hamilton didn't win any titles from 2010 to 2013.

Hamilton will equal Schumacher's record no doubt but he will not break the record more stops will be pulled by the powers that be to keep on bringing the field closer and ultimately effecting Mercedes.At the moment he has no challenges that are serious its pretty well one way traffic.The fia and liberty are over it its effecting the sport in every way imaginable.All teams have let the sport of f1 down baring Mercedes.How they have done what they have done is to be commended regardless weather it has been all above board or not good luck to them.Ferrari have been a total embarresment to the sport to date how far this malignancy has to travel remains to be seen.Spa will be the beginning of the wind back process.

Not saying Hamilton isnt good . He may be the best but it would sure help the argument if he had some competition. Or he did something extraordinary with a car that wasnt the best. Those years at McLaren he was pretty good but the car was pretty competitive in 07 and 08. Schumi in 97 98 when he came from behind to make it close was special. Those types of years make a legend.
    Well. I can remember Hamilton winning the 08 wet British GP by over a minute, and 2008 was the era of groove tyres and no traction control or ABS, so his performance was special. And I can also remember him putting the 09 Mclaren on pole several occasions. Plus Hamilton had plenty of races in his career, where he was pretty much at the back and fought his way up to wins and podiums.

Yes, right now he has one of the dominant. if not the most dominant car ever. But again, I can't blame him for that. When he joined Mercedes from Mclaren, many said that he would fail, or his motivation was money etc etc. But Hamilton took a risky gamble back in 2012, and it paid off immensely.

Now I don't like some of Hamilton's antics, or how he sometimes behaves off track. But that's not that important, I'm not here to judge his personal life, because after all, who am I to judge another person's personal life anyway. But I can definitely appreciate driver Hamilton, and from what I've seen so far, he is one of the greatest of this sport. And he will be remembered as the most successful driver of all time, since I can't see any one beating the Merc-Ham combo next year either.

I mean, he was beaten by button in his Mclaren years ... CAR IS everything

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    I mean, he was beaten by button in his Mclaren years ... CAR IS everything

Except the last 10 WDC have all been won by cars that are head and shoulders above the rest. Hamilton didn't win any titles from 2010 to 2013.
    He started F-1 in 2007 and won one in Canada. in 2008 he won WDC in a Mclaren. He was a F-1 rookie at the time. Was that a top car? Anyway F Forward to 2020 7 WDCs will be a big deal even if he is cursed with a top car!

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Well. I can remember Hamilton winning the 08 wet British GP by over a minute, and 2008 was the era of groove tyres and no traction control or ABS, so his performance was special. And I can also remember him putting the 09 Mclaren on pole several occasions. Plus Hamilton had plenty of races in his career, where he was pretty much at the back and fought his way up to wins and podiums.

Yes, right now he has one of the dominant. if not the most dominant car ever. But again, I can't blame him for that. When he joined Mercedes from Mclaren, many said that he would fail, or his motivation was money etc etc. But Hamilton took a risky gamble back in 2012, and it paid off immensely.

Now I don't like some of Hamilton's antics, or how he sometimes behaves off track. But that's not that important, I'm not here to judge his personal life, because after all, who am I to judge another person's personal life anyway. But I can definitely appreciate driver Hamilton, and from what I've seen so far, he is one of the greatest of this sport. And he will be remembered as the most successful driver of all time, since I can't see any one beating the Merc-Ham combo next year either.
    2007 - Ham vs Alonso
    2008 - Ham vs Massa
    2009 - ?
    2010/11/12/13 - No where
    2014-2020 - Dominant car

I’m not saying he isn’t good, neither excellent too. He was there, when car was there, as simple as that.
    He wasn’t under pressure with a strong teammate. Just like Vettel vs Ric or Vettel vs Leclerc or Ric vs Max
    But when he had that, we saw the panic from him even not obeying his team orders. How would that be nice?

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    He started F-1 in 2007 and won one in Canada. in 2008 he won WDC in a Mclaren. He was a F-1 rookie at the time. Was that a top car? Anyway F Forward to 2020 7 WDCs will be a big deal even if he is cursed with a top car!
    F1 in 2007 with some favouritism couldn’t beat Alonso.
    In 2008 against Massa won by 1 point.
    In 2009, where was he?
    What about 2010-2013?

So before 2014, he had 1 title on his name in 7years.
    After that in 6years he had 5 titles.

During his racing career, he lost to his teammates twice . He would have been under pump if A stronger team mate was on other side of his car.

OK any bum can do 91 wins , 7 WDCs , 156 poles. Those two loses to his team mates really hurt, he needed the likes of Todt the midjet at the time on the team mates radio to tell them to move over!! Forget tires, down force, chassis, etc. A contract saying your team mate has to let you pass is the way to go. Too bad for Seb! A true Shumy Jr. would have thought to have that done .Max in his Honda is not making it easy for Lewis for sure. If it was up to Charles or Seb in their Ferrari , Lewis could stop for a burger and still win the race. I will be replacing Max with Stroll as the driver to watch. Until Charles gets a" Lewis worthy " car the 6th place to 2nd place driver is where the action is. Bottas is not a bad driver , it's just that Max is the maximum when it comes to getting up front and even winning one. More down force ! It's the only hope for Ferrari!

Here he goes rubenizing

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    F1 in 2007 with some favouritism couldn’t beat Alonso.
    In 2008 against Massa won by 1 point.
    In 2009, where was he?
    What about 2010-2013?

So before 2014, he had 1 title on his name in 7years.
    After that in 6years he had 5 titles.

During his racing career, he lost to his teammates twice . He would have been under pump if A stronger team mate was on other side of his car.
    Hardly simple.
    He had same amount of points as Alonso in his rookie F1 season, and only needed 1 points out of 20 to secure the WDC. But team mistake and engine reliability costed him the title.
    Yes, he won by 1 points against Massa. But Massa of 2007-2009 was a different driver, he made Raikkonen lookquite ordinary. In 2009 he was the best of rest behind Brawn and Red Bull drivers. 2010-2013, nowhere? Hardly. I mean you have to watch the entire season, rather than only looking at the final standings.

So overall he had dealt with 3 WDC's as teammates. His score against Button was 2-1, same with Rosberg. Unless you think Button, a WDC and who had beaten Alonso in 2015, or Rosberg, another WDC and far stronger than either 35 years old Webber and Raikkonen, or Alonso, aren't strong teammates....then there's nothing more to say.