Page 52 of 64 FirstFirst ... 227383940414243444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 1908

Thread: 2020 F1 news/rumours

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/s...paign=widget-1

"Asked for his thoughts on the race in Saudi Arabia and if it was a form of sportswashing, F1 world champion Lewis Hamilton said he didn’t “know enough about the human rights issue that's happening in Saudi Arabia”.

“I have some friends that go there and tell me it's a stunning place, but I think it's important that I before I really comment I know exactly what the issue is,” Hamilton said."

Get lost scumbag. How can he even pretend to not know what is going on there and have the nerve to call it a stunning place???
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 7th November 2020 at 13:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    23 races sounds pretty good to me. The teams can rotate in staff if they have to.
    I take your point but if it means more back to back and triple header races, it doesn't sit well the current quest for a sustainable F1 where too many races will result in it becoming less of a spectacle, especially if one team is dominant. I'd also like the occasional weekend off as my blood pressure can't cope with the stress of supporting Ferrari!!

Probably because his past ties to McL and the fact that F1 is significantly sponsored by Aramco. By speaking against them, he is direcrly locking horns with key stakeholders of F1....

Agree with your statement... Two Faced!

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post

"Asked for his thoughts on the race in Saudi Arabia and if it was a form of sportswashing, F1 world champion Lewis Hamilton said he didn’t “know enough about the human rights issue that's happening in Saudi Arabia”.

“I have some friends that go there and tell me it's a stunning place, but I think it's important that I before I really comment I know exactly what the issue is,” Hamilton said."

Get lost scumbag. How can he even pretend to not know what is going on there and have the nerve to call it a stunning place???
    He's clearly lying.

Hilarious. He's not living in my head rent free though. If KKK support made u money he would have nothing to do with BLM.

All his "so called" principles go out of the window when it suits him. What a hypocrite!

Lewis is a clown a formula 1 puppet of course he knows what's going on he is saving face what a weak pathetic human being crawl from under that rock Mr black lives matter and get educated you moron.

Lewis the hypocrite!
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

He knows full well that he'd be shown the door by Mercedes if he dares to speak anything about Saudi Arabia. Aramco invested billions on Petronas. No way would he walk away without any consequences if he openly criticised it.

He never should have gone into any activism since he knew that was the case. But no. He instead brought attention to Formula 1 by doing some ceremonial stuff (which is a good gesture, btw) and now that the attention has been given, he is making FOM look like absolute clowns. Being exposed as a hypocrite at such scale is a PR disaster.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I take your point but if it means more back to back and triple header races, it doesn't sit well the current quest for a sustainable F1 where too many races will result in it becoming less of a spectacle, especially if one team is dominant. I'd also like the occasional weekend off as my blood pressure can't cope with the stress of supporting Ferrari!!
    Binotto says he's staying home in Italy . He won't be going to any more races; he's concentrating on the new engine. What a guy!!

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    He knows full well that he'd be shown the door by Mercedes if he dares to speak anything about Saudi Arabia. Aramco invested billions on Petronas. No way would he walk away without any consequences if he openly criticised it.

He never should have gone into any activism since he knew that was the case. But no. He instead brought attention to Formula 1 by doing some ceremonial stuff (which is a good gesture, btw) and now that the attention has been given, he is making FOM look like absolute clowns. Being exposed as a hypocrite at such scale is a PR disaster.
    He could easily have said "there are some serious issues there but hopefully we can make a positive change". I think Saudi Arabia is trying to make the country more like Bahrain, Abu Dhabi and Qatar, which is definite progress but they still have some ways to go. They need to really let go on the extremely misogynic stuff to really make a serious case though.

He could easily have said "there are some serious issues there but hopefully we can make a positive change". I think Saudi Arabia is trying to make the country more like Bahrain, Abu Dhabi and Qatar, which is definite progress but they still have some ways to go. They need to really let go on the extremely misogynic stuff to really make a serious case though.
    It's changing....slowly but it's on the right track.

Here in the states, we gave women the 19th Amendment and that took awhile.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Type in Google search "f1 saudi arabia human rights." There are several articles regarding the issue....including one from Lewis Hamilton.
    But he is going to race?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

So Lewis does not know enough about the Saudi's human rights issue? What about China's human rights issues?
    So why would anyone think that he knows bout human rights issues anywhere !
    What the abuses are not affecting black people so it does not matter then?
    Changes aren't permanent........But change is.
    ALL LIVES MATTER... EVEN YOURS

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    But he is going to race?
    Yes, he will race.

Lewis only cares about injustices for black people because he's black. However he expected a bunch of white Europeans f1 drivers to care about his fight for injustices and outed them for being racist on his Instagram post. He's a hypocrit and I've been called a racist on other sites today for pointing this out. he doesn't know about human rights issues in Saudi Arabia, just like he doesnt know about Uighur Muslims In China.

Hate the man

Hopefully there's 3 practices next race. Charles says it's important. I need them too. Binotto not at the races may help rather than hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Hopefully there's 3 practices next race. Charles says it's important. I need them too. Binotto not at the races may help rather than hurt.
    Yes, there are 3 practices for the TurkishGP.

Turn 8 and Turn 11 are high speed turns with T11 being flat out. This track is a semi-power track. Let's see how the car holds up in these sectors.

Jean Alesi's son, Giuliano Alesi, has been kicked out of the FDA. I guess no more F40's to sell.

https://twitter.com/F1FeederSeries1/...67540153475072

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Jean Alesi's son, Giuliano Alesi, has been kicked out of the FDA. I guess no more F40's to sell.

https://twitter.com/F1FeederSeries1/...67540153475072
    Just goes to show how much a father would like to see his kid have a shot at his dream no matter how he is.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Binotto says next year's engine looks very promising.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Binotto says next year's engine looks very promising.
    I'm sure Toto and co. have already contacted the FIA to look into it. After all, we cant have Ferrari competitive and anyone getting close to princess Hamilton. Ferrari Fast = Cheats, Mercedes Fast = The smartest, greatest and ingenious team of all time.

Joking aside, I really hope the engine proves to be quick and helps Charles and Carlos battle at the front. I don't believe anything can stop Merc-FIA-Hamilton and co from getting #8. We'll see what happens I guess.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Hamilton will retire before he has charles beating him regularly.He simply would not be able to handle it.He would be a bad loser no doubt.His whinging whinning and complaining would simply be unbearable.Hollow and manipulated championships to date by mercedes and fia.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Hamilton will retire before he has charles beating him regularly.He simply would not be able to handle it.He would be a bad loser no doubt.His whinging whinning and complaining would simply be unbearable.Hollow and manipulated championships to date by mercedes and fia.
    100% agreed.....

BREAKING NEWS

The Vietnamese GP has been dropped from the 2021 calender. F1 will need to find a replacement....possibly Turkey, Imola, or Portimao.

More nails into the liberty media coffin.This corona virus has decimated the value of the business.I guess no one could have predicted the current state of affairs.

Mugello. Retribution for this year at Ferraris track.

Portimao please. Just cut short the DRS distance and try the alternate turn 1.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    I believe Louis is not going anywhere. He's just making sure he get's the best deal he can for a new 3 yr. contract . He needs Merc, Merc needs him. Yes I wish it on Charles & Ferrari! that he wins every race starting next season. @ 23 wins a year for Charles , 23 times 3 seasons equals 69 plus the 2 wins Charles has comes to 71 wins. That's 23 short of Lewis' 93 so far. Now throw in 7WDCs. He ain't go'in no where soon. Lewis and Max believe the records to break will keep drivers in F-1 until 40 yrs.old, having to compete with the hungry rookies! Good for our sport. Lewis as of now has nothing to whine or complain about. If Lewis gets a seat @ Ferrari at any time in the future will he be accepted the same as 4x WDC Seb finger in the air and all? Why not? Merc has Michael on record as retiring with them.

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    Lewis only cares about injustices for black people because he's black. However he expected a bunch of white Europeans f1 drivers to care about his fight for injustices and outed them for being racist on his Instagram post. He's a hypocrit and I've been called a racist on other sites today for pointing this out. he doesn't know about human rights issues in Saudi Arabia, just like he doesnt know about Uighur Muslims In China.

Hate the man
    He does not care bout black people, he only does all this show in order to sell the product.Wake up people.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve