Page 61 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1136474849505152535455565758596061626364 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 1908

Thread: 2020 F1 news/rumours

LOOKS like a replacement for Camilleri

Fiat Chrysler's Manley in pole position for Ferrari CEO job, paper says

MILAN -- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles CEO Mike Manley is in pole position to take over the top job at Ferrari, Italian daily Il Messaggero said.

Names of possible candidates to lead Ferrari are emerging in the Italian press after the automaker said on Thursday that Louis Camilleri, 65, was retiring as CEO with immediate effect. Camilleri is recovering at home from COVID-19 after a spell in hospital.

Ferrari and FCA Chairman John Elkann, the scion of Italy's Agnelli family, is leading Ferrari on an interim basis until a permanent successor is found.

Elkann, who is CEO of Exor, the family's investment company that controls Ferrari, could entrust the automaker, the family's most valuable asset, to Manley Il Messaggero said in the unsourced report published on Saturday.

Manley's long auto industry experience could revive Ferrari's fortunes in Formula One racing, the paper said. Ferrari has not won a F1 championship race all year and is in 6th place currently, heading for the team's worst performance since 1980.

Ferrari and FCA declined to comment on the report.

According to Il Messaggero, a board meeting at Ferrari next week could name a new CEO.

Ferrari is due to hold a pre-scheduled board meeting on Tuesday.

A spokesman for F1 on Friday dismissed rumors that the former head of Ferrari's racing team and ex-Lamborghini chief Stefano Domenicali could take Camilleri's role, saying Domenicali was looking forward to starting his new job as F1 CEO on Jan. 1 as planned.

Besides Domenicali, Italian media have cited Maserati's chief operating officer, Davide Grasso, as a possible candidate to be Ferrari CEO.

Fiat Chrysler is set to merge with Peugeot maker PSA Group by the end of the first quarter of next year. The CEO post at the new group, Stellantis, will be taken by PSA CEO Carlos Tavares. Elkann will be Stellantis chairman. FCA has not said what role Manley will have with Stellantis.

https://europe.autonews.com/automake...job-paper-says
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Looks like next year's engine will have 60 bhp more then this year's. Still not enough to catch Merc surely
    Last edited by Rob; 14th December 2020 at 08:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Looks like next year's engine will have 60 bhp more then this year's. Still not enough to catch Merc surely
    i thought rumors said that we were about 50Hp down on Merc this year....dont know how the pundits actually calculated that....so if our new engine gonna have 60 more ponies for next year, we'll be 10hp on merc....given they don't evolve much wiht theirs.....
    i pretty much think that these PU's/ engines have pretty much reached their plateau.....and it's hard to EEK a lot of horses anymore, i'm talking about mercedes.....they prollly can only refine what they have....but there's NO WAY they can find say 20-30hp more for next year
    Last edited by Rob; 14th December 2020 at 08:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Looks like next year's engine will have 60 bhp more then this year's . Still not enough to catch Merc surely
    Source???..................................please.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Source???..................................please.
    Red tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, baisle, parsley, oregano, red pepper. Linguini al dente with clams and shrimp. Then turn on the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Red tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, baisle, parsley, oregano, red pepper. Linguini al dente with clams and shrimp. Then turn on the race.
    Sounds awesome. Let me know when the cook book is done. Send me a signed copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Sounds awesome. Let me know when the cook book is done. Send me a signed copy.
    As soon as the garlic gets brown throw the tomatoes in the oil and stir , don't drain the linguini completely , they absorb the sauce allot more than regular pastas. Let the linguini cook in the pot of sauce for about 3 minutes before you serve it. Down force your dinner!!!!

I was hoping for some goat steak you let me down!

As soon as the garlic gets brown throw the tomatoes in the oil and stir , don't drain the linguini completely , they absorb the sauce allot more than regular pastas. Let the linguini cook in the pot of sauce for about 3 minutes before you serve it. Down force your dinner!!!!
    Brown garlic mate? I think you mean gold, when it's brown it's already burning lol :D
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Ferrari engine will be on par with mercedes.The aero package is really good.Expect a very competive ferrari for the coming season.Charles will be all over it and sainz will surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Ferrari engine will be on par with mercedes.The aero package is really good.Expect a very competive ferrari for the coming season.Charles will be all over it and sainz will surprise.
    Let’s hope so....if the engine is on par with Merc....it’s still not good enough, it will help quite a bit as Charles can take the fight to Hamilton...but the aero still needs to improve quite a bit as Mercs aero was really good in 2020....

Only time will tell.....I’d love for Ferrari to be competitive as well as Red bull.....3 teams and 3 drivers fighting for the championship next year.....that would be wicked

4 probably unrelated things or related, who knows!
    Ferrari
    Jean Todt president of FIA
    Zero political power
    Lack of technical talents

Alpha Tauri

Yuki Tsunoda to replace Kvyat in 2021.

Thoughts with Frank Williams and hopefully he makes it out of his current health crisis. It's quite concering considering his age and general health condition since his terrible accident 35 years ago.

Sources: Sergio Perez and Red Bull Agree On A 1 Year Deal, Albon To Stay As Third Wheel

Red Bull F1 Team, Sergio Perez and his sponsor Telcel have agreed on a one year deal, for the 2021 season, with options of a stronger cooperation starting in 2022.

I have independently confirmed with multiple sources working in the paddock, that Sergio Perez, Telcel and Red Bull Formula One Team have agreed to give the second drive of their top team to Sergio Perez, the most sought after free agent driver available for 2021.

So it does mean that even after a resurgence of positive results towards the back end of the season for Alex Albon, he loses his spot on the grid for the 2021 Formula 1 season. He finished just off the podium in Abu Dhabi with a solid fourth place, preceded by a sixth place at the Sakhir Grand Prix. It is expected that Albon will stay as Red Bull’s test, simulator and reserve driver. A role that could even see Albon have a few starts in a shared drive with Perez, if results are not meeting expectations.

Back to Sergio Perez, it is a one year agreement, with options on Red Bulls’ side for the 2022 season. Financial terms have not been disclosed, but it is expected that Telcel, Sergio Perez’s long time sponsor and Mexico’s third biggest communications conglomerate, will sponsor the Red Bull team starting in 2021. Sergio Perez will become Max Verstappen’s fourth teammate at Red Bull Racing team, after Daniel Riccardo, Pierre Gasly and Alex Albon.

An option is also envisioned for a deeper cooperation between the parties starting in 2022, an option that would resolve Red Bull’s biggest problem going forward. As it was announced earlier this year, Honda will be leaving Formula 1 after the 2022 season, and will not supply engines and power units to Red Bull F1 and Alpha Tauri. Red Bull have been exploring over the last few months the option to taking over the Honda Formula 1 engine factory in Milton Keynes, after Honda vacates the facility at the end of the 2021 season. The financial burden of such a venture, building their own Formula 1 engines for two teams, would be greatly reduced by a substantial sponsorship of the Mexican telecom giant in what could be a sponsored engine name, like Tag Heuer did to the Renault engine during a few seasons.

Sergio Perez will bring experience, consistency, and added resources to the Red Bull Formula 1 Team in their quest to beat Mercedes in the Constructor’s Championship in 2021.

https://sportspodcastingnetwork.com/...s-third-wheel/

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Sources: Sergio Perez and Red Bull Agree On A 1 Year Deal, Albon To Stay As Third Wheel

Red Bull F1 Team, Sergio Perez and his sponsor Telcel have agreed on a one year deal, for the 2021 season, with options of a stronger cooperation starting in 2022.

I have independently confirmed with multiple sources working in the paddock, that Sergio Perez, Telcel and Red Bull Formula One Team have agreed to give the second drive of their top team to Sergio Perez, the most sought after free agent driver available for 2021.

So it does mean that even after a resurgence of positive results towards the back end of the season for Alex Albon, he loses his spot on the grid for the 2021 Formula 1 season. He finished just off the podium in Abu Dhabi with a solid fourth place, preceded by a sixth place at the Sakhir Grand Prix. It is expected that Albon will stay as Red Bull’s test, simulator and reserve driver. A role that could even see Albon have a few starts in a shared drive with Perez, if results are not meeting expectations.

Back to Sergio Perez, it is a one year agreement, with options on Red Bulls’ side for the 2022 season. Financial terms have not been disclosed, but it is expected that Telcel, Sergio Perez’s long time sponsor and Mexico’s third biggest communications conglomerate, will sponsor the Red Bull team starting in 2021. Sergio Perez will become Max Verstappen’s fourth teammate at Red Bull Racing team, after Daniel Riccardo, Pierre Gasly and Alex Albon.

An option is also envisioned for a deeper cooperation between the parties starting in 2022, an option that would resolve Red Bull’s biggest problem going forward. As it was announced earlier this year, Honda will be leaving Formula 1 after the 2022 season, and will not supply engines and power units to Red Bull F1 and Alpha Tauri. Red Bull have been exploring over the last few months the option to taking over the Honda Formula 1 engine factory in Milton Keynes, after Honda vacates the facility at the end of the 2021 season. The financial burden of such a venture, building their own Formula 1 engines for two teams, would be greatly reduced by a substantial sponsorship of the Mexican telecom giant in what could be a sponsored engine name, like Tag Heuer did to the Renault engine during a few seasons.

Sergio Perez will bring experience, consistency, and added resources to the Red Bull Formula 1 Team in their quest to beat Mercedes in the Constructor’s Championship in 2021.

https://sportspodcastingnetwork.com/...s-third-wheel/
    This is good news. I also like the idea of Albon getting a few races in the season.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

I'd like to make a wild prediction, and I'm leaving it here so that we can all come back to it in about a year's time.

The 2021 driver's championship will not be won by Lewis Hamilton.

(When someone starts a thread about 2021 predictions/developments/news etc I will move this post over; I think that would be more appropriate.)
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    This is good news. I also like the idea of Albon getting a few races in the season.
    Nope, it's the last thing any Ferrari fan should want. Bad drivers in the competitive cars only help us. Since in Mercedes case it won't matter anyway they might as well promote Russell for all I care, but if we had been competing for a WDC with our completely legitimate 2019 engine that Toto and Horner got sour grapes over, it'd be a lot better to have Bottas around, since that's one less car to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Nope, it's the last thing any Ferrari fan should want. Bad drivers in the competitive cars only help us. Since in Mercedes case it won't matter anyway they might as well promote Russell for all I care, but if we had been competing for a WDC with our completely legitimate 2019 engine that Toto and Horner got sour grapes over, it'd be a lot better to have Bottas around, since that's one less car to fight.
    Please feel free to disagree without thinking you have the authority to dictate what Ferrari fans should want? Thank you.

I'm a Ferrari fan and I think it's great news, thank you very much.

I want us to build a beast of a car and win races on merit. I don't want us to depend on other teams' bad driver decisions and misfortune. I want us to compete against the very best and beat them because we are better. But that's just me. Feel free to want otherwise. Forza Ferrari!
    Forza Ferrari

Seems like Perez to Red Bull is happening

If anyone deserves a seat it's Perez for sure. A Max Perez combo will be a tough act to follow. It looks like F-1 fans will have a decent year coming up as far as watching some competition up front. Saintz; Charles included .

If anyone deserves a seat it's Perez for sure. A Max Perez combo will be a tough act to follow. It looks like F-1 fans will have a decent year coming up as far as watching some competition up front. Saintz; Charles included .
    Agreed with the former statement, the latter, we need to see how well our engine and overall package is before we can be trully competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Seems like Perez to Red Bull is happening
    Perez was on Ferrari's radar not so long ago, wonder why that never came to anything, I can't remember exactly why it never progressed. With him and Max at RB, our situation just gets harder!

Happy for Perez and hope they start pronouncing his name right too.
    Unhappy for us as methinks RB will be harder to beat with him aboard.

Considering he didn't get anywhere near Verstappen while driving the 2019 Mercedes, I really do believe he'll have his work cut out for him. Especially since he won't know the car and even Ricciardo had real issues getting near Verstappen in qualifying trim. Not to mention, the Red Bull is a disaster in a straight line so unlike with Cheating Point he'll find it very hard to make up ground on Sundays.

While I expect him to be faster than Albon, especially in race trim, I really doubt he'll be anywhere near as fast as some people think he will. It's still very bad for Ferrari regardless since Albon is a non-starter F2 calibre driver and a fixed engine would have us wrapped for P4 every week if he'd been there.

Still, remember, Pérez had an illegal car and Lance Stroll as his team mate last season.

Vettel must be thinking, what the hell, I could’ve gone to my old team and Perez would’ve stayed at Racing Point

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Vettel must be thinking, what the hell, I could’ve gone to my old team and Perez would’ve stayed at Racing Point

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Perez was on Ferrari's radar not so long ago, wonder why that never came to anything, I can't remember exactly why it never progressed. With him and Max at RB, our situation just gets harder!
    Went to McLaren, didn't want to wait. disaster year for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Considering he didn't get anywhere near Verstappen while driving the 2019 Mercedes, I really do believe he'll have his work cut out for him. Especially since he won't know the car and even Ricciardo had real issues getting near Verstappen in qualifying trim. Not to mention, the Red Bull is a disaster in a straight line so unlike with Cheating Point he'll find it very hard to make up ground on Sundays.

While I expect him to be faster than Albon, especially in race trim, I really doubt he'll be anywhere near as fast as some people think he will. It's still very bad for Ferrari regardless since Albon is a non-starter F2 calibre driver and a fixed engine would have us wrapped for P4 every week if he'd been there.

Still, remember, Pérez had an illegal car and Lance Stroll as his team mate last season.
    I don't really think they hired Perez to match Max. I think they want Perez to be a steady points scorer and to be near the front so maybe they can use him the way Merc use Bottas. Split strategies and under cuts etc. and maybe run some interference for Max.

My thinking too Silent Bob! He's steady and experienced at not upsetting "golden boys".