Page 34 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9202122232425262728293031323334353637383940414243444546474859 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1908

Thread: 2020 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I agree 100% I just wanted to here it from some other fans like yourself. Thanks for the reply. So Max driver wise is right up there with the best.
    Of course Max is up there with the best....as much as I used to dislike him as a person when he was younger and made stupid mistakes like crashing into our Ferrari’s, Max has come a long way, is more mature nowadays and I’m sure ANY team would like to have him as a driver as he gets the absolute most out of the car....heck, I’m even gonna go to the extent that I would t mind having today’s Max drive for us.....there I said it, yes he is miles away better then Seb was OR ever will be.....something I wouldn’t have said a few years ago

But that’s just prolly me and others here may thing differently of him

Very honest post! I just have to say the simplest way to determine if he's the best is now 2020 he is. He's breaking all records with a car that deserves his driving it to victory and points race after race. I believe the present top 6 drivers and throw in Stroll really start each race thinking they have a shot at winning or at least the podium. That 3 wheel win was a big deal as far as I'm concerned . No need to search back 50 yrs. to see if someone else did it too. With Lewis the downfall is the cars too good, with Ferrari it's the down force !!
    Why is the 3 wheel win such a big deal? He had a huge lead and just brought the car home. Countless of other drivers have had flat tires and made it back to the pits and continued to race... are they heroic? It just happened that he was on the last lap. If it had happened a lap earlier he would have had to pit like sainz.
    I don't see it as a career defining moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Why is the 3 wheel win such a big deal? He had a huge lead and just brought the car home. Countless of other drivers have had flat tires and made it back to the pits and continued to race... are they heroic? It just happened that he was on the last lap. If it had happened a lap earlier he would have had to pit like sainz.
    Absolutely agree. I really don't see anything special in that!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Absolutely agree. I really don't see anything special in that!

Because, winning a race on 3 wheels has never been done before in the history of F1. "Whether it's an inch or a mile.....winning is winning!" (Dominci Torreto)

I've seen Alonso bring an F1 car(Mclaren) into the pits on 2 wheels (a bicycle???). Others would have ditched the car.

This is sort of akin to Lewis's W11 and all their past variants....."Lewis, most of the time, has had a huge lead during the race....." "I don't see anything special with that!!"

It's because of the car and the team behind it. Sure, the driver counts as well.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Yeah was such a non event not sure why it's something special, but then again I think Mika's pass on MS at Spa is nothing special either.....

Michael once was stuck in 5th gear and still finished 5th I think and that included doing a pitstop with only 5th gear.....to me that is something special.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Because, winning a race on 3 wheels has never been done before in the history of F1.
    He still had 4 wheels though....so he never won on 3 wheels.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Exactly. It was MS in SPA after crash with DC who drove car more than half a lap in dreadfull wet conditions to the pits.

3 workable tires with 1 tire that was completely severed from it'sidewalls. fair enough??

BTW, if you hav'nt noticed or maybe you did but decided to reply to my post......I'm not the only one making reference to Lewis's 3 wheel historic finish.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that hadn't missed that detail.

Exactly. It was MS in SPA after crash with DC who drove car more than half a lap in dreadfull wet conditions to the pits.
    Will never forget that moment! Coulthard was lucky that the team managed to calm Michael down enough to stop him from knocking his lights out! He knew what he had done, wouldn't have been surprised if ron told him to do it.

BTW, if you hav'nt noticed or maybe you did but decided to reply to my post......I'm not the only one making reference to Lewis's 3 wheel historic finish.
    Only seen you post it, he had 4 wheels so no historic 3 wheel finish.
    Forza Ferrari

What makes it great is what you just wrote, he was on the last lap and won the race on 3 tires. Making it back into the pit with car problems is an every race thing. So many fans here seem to believe the races are boring; F-1 is boring. That finish was a little excitement to the race even if it was Lewis winning again. If and when Lewis does that 91 wins , even if he's way ahead the whole race it still will be exciting to watch as a F-1 race fan. " Seeing the car" win!

Yeah was such a non event not sure why it's something special, but then again I think Mika's pass on MS at Spa is nothing special either.....

Michael once was stuck in 5th gear and still finished 5th I think and that included doing a pitstop with only 5th gear.....to me that is something special.
    Never understood why Mika on Michael at Spa gets rated so highly; Massa on Senna - Singapore '13(?), Alonso on Webber - Valencia '12, Vettel on Ricciardo - China '17, Michael on Kimi - Brazil '06 are far better, IMO.

Michael finished 2nd with just 5th gear... and speaking of special: Hungary '97, Spain '96.

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    Never understood why Mika on Michael at Spa gets rated so highly; Massa on Senna - Singapore '13(?), Alonso on Webber - Valencia '12, Vettel on Ricciardo - China '17, Michael on Kimi - Brazil '06 are far better, IMO.

Michael finished 2nd with just 5th gear... and speaking of special: Hungary '97, Spain '96.
    Actually it was Hungary 1998, trust me, I was there

Actually it was Hungary 1998, trust me, I was there
    Right. Thanks for correcting that. THE 3-stopper.

3 workable tires with 1 tire that was completely severed from it'sidewalls. fair enough??
    Still I don't see nothing special in that. He had half a lap, with over 50 second lead over second placed car. It's not like he had to drive 20 or more laps! No big deal!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    Right. Thanks for correcting that. THE 3-stopper.

Still I don't see nothing special in that. He had half a lap, with over 50 second lead over second placed car. It's not like he had to drive 20 or more laps! No big deal!!!!
    Had it been a Ferrari car, then it would be special....no??

Forget Lewis and winning on 3 wheels. A true great last seconds win was Austria 2002!!!! Shumy overtook his team mate who was for sure to be the winner if Shumy wasn't such a great driver to pass him!!!

Had it been a Ferrari car, then it would be special....no??
    Really it won't be! No double standards!

Forget Lewis and winning on 3 wheels. A true great last seconds win was Austria 2002!!!! Shumy overtook his team mate who was for sure to be the winner if Shumy wasn't such a great driver to pass him!!!
    Just get over it! MS was brought to Ferrari as CLEARLY NUMBER 1 DRIVER, and that's it!

Even with blown tire, he had luck as rubber didn't fell off the ream.

Even with blown tire, he had luck as rubber didn't fell off the ream.

http://www.thescuderia.net/forums/at...tid=7729&stc=1
    i bet if it were a Ferrari driver they would have been penalized for unsafe driving and for not pitting even if i was the last lap

So, party mode ban postponed until Monza.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    i bet if it were a Ferrari driver they would have been penalized for unsafe driving and for not pitting even if i was the last lap

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    So, party mode ban postponed until Monza.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, very complex issue though they have to get it right when implemented. Also with this ERS investigation best if timing aligned as potential that quali mode ban does not alter as much as whoever's has ERS trick removed, if not aligned the sudden drop in performance will lead to pressure on the engine losing the performance. If ERS investigation results and quali ban align then the drop in performance can be passed off on the quali mode ban saving face for whoever's guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Definitely better than Max’s red bull....and I’m sure Merc is giving them equal equipment to work with...Is just that 2 chains is a little better than botas that’s all
    To put it plainly, I believe this analysis has it right for the first three, not so sure about the rest, I'd have to see the implementation (and yes my work is data analysis so I can understand how they made the list).
    For instance, not so sure what Heiki is doing in this list considering his career in F1, however yes, I believe that Bottas' position in this list reflects his true potential in the top 10 (ie. no, he's nothing really special if you take the Mercedes away from him, and yes, same goes for Hamilton, take the Mercedes away and he'd definitely not have the stats he has. Top 10 surely, top 3? Hm. Maybe Alonso).
    So, take Senna and Michael? As you see they're #1 and #2 respectively, which correlates with what everyone knows for God knows how long, and the usual debate. Everyone knows that these two are pretty much the top two so far.

One thing to remember, as any list of this sort, they are dynamic in content, ie. since there are people in there who are still contesting , their rankings are bound to change. Either forward, or backward, also there are people that could appear (or even disappear) ;)
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

You might also want to compare Michael and Reubens while at it, in this case numbers are sort of... cruel.
    0.114 vs. 0.445 against Senna.

And you still talk about Austria.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve