Page 49 of 64 FirstFirst ... 243536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1908

Thread: 2020 F1 news/rumours

Ferrari will use its development tokens to "redo the rear of the car" for the 2021 season #F1

Motorsport.com

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Ferrari will use its development tokens to "redo the rear of the car" for the 2021 season #F1

Motorsport.com
    what exactly in the rear end??? lots of stuff going on back there....suspension, diffuser....etc

Motorsport.com
    Racing Point say they will update to 2020 Merc rear and means they do not have to use any tokens on the rear, they argue it's only fair as they have a 2019 rear.....thing is if they designed their car like they said for this year what they have is a 2020 rear end now. The rules are so stupid if they allow that. This would now be admitting the car is a Merc they did not design.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...zRnxxK1fd.html

When F1 racing was exactly that, not this... whatever it is today!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...zRnxxK1fd.html

When F1 racing was exactly that, not this... whatever it is today!
    Thank you Stefa, that indeed was some racing at its finest....none of this so called DRS bullcrap we have nowadays...

Wow 24 yrs. since Portugal F-1 last race. The old time races were great and not as complicated for sure. Old racing memories are great .

Motorsport.com
    its a bit confusing !! When will we use them ?? This year on the SF1000 ( and in witch race?) or on the design on the next years car ??
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Has to be next year I believe. They are allowed to update the car this year to a certain extent. Better to make sure everything is working in regards the wind tunnel to track correlation with small updates like they're doing before blowing tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Has to be next year I believe. They are allowed to update the car this year to a certain extent. Better to make sure everything is working in regards the wind tunnel to track correlation with small updates like they're doing before blowing tokens.
    Τhats what i was thinking,but i keep reading in articles about this interview and they refer to SF1000 ??!!! Τhey keep saying that we will use the 2 tokkens on the SF1000
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

They have to use the same chassis/car next year before big changes in 2022.

If corona virus is not put to bed ferrari like others will not have to think about updates. Looking at the big picture it is possible for the entire 2021 year being cancelled this will be dire for liberty media and f1 in general.Surely teams have this in there mind regarding costs and is it worth it with the current state of the world and the virus.Lots to think about for all concerned moving foward.

Just a reminder of the Merc DNF last race only proves that Charles has to and does drive to win with what he has car wise. Ferrari is giving him a F-1 ready car. Next years car and later on is just that. Unavailable until then! Charles needs now to push from 7th to the podium with what he has. Mentioning another team and driver winning is trolling, Ferrari fans giving up until next year is worse. Y parcheielpida giaton Karo.
    Last edited by Brembo; 22nd October 2020 at 04:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Just a reminder of the Merc DNF last race only proves that Charles has to and does drive to win with what he has car wise. Ferrari is giving him a F-1 ready car. Next years car and later on is just that. Unavailable until then! Charles needs now to push from 7th to the podium with what he has. Mentioning another team and driver winning is trolling, Ferrari fans giving up until next year is worse. Y parcheielpida giaton Karo.
    Mate, an Alpha Tauri is capable of pulling a 5 second gap within 3 laps from the SF1000. The fact that he has more podiums than Albon, the Racing Points, the Renaults and the Alpha Tauri and matching McLaren despite having a much slower car and a car that is much harder to drive is quite a feat in itself. Having an expectation for a win with this car is unrealistic.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

HAAS F1

Both Grosjean and K-Mag to quit HAAS F1 by the end of 2020.

So a whole new driver line-up for 2021. Who could it be???? Perez and Russell???
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    HAAS F1

So a whole new driver line-up for 2021. Who could it be???? Perez and Russell???
    There are some speculations, that it could be Mick Schumacher and Nikita Mazepin.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    HAAS F1

👍

Quote Originally Posted by Honzus View Post
    There are some speculations, that it could be Mick Schumacher and Nikita Mazepin.
    I know Schwartzman and illot are coming in as well. Mick will go to Alfa with Kimi.

Why don't they put a rule to have at least one any junior category title for F1 step up, this will push out the rich non-talented drivers like Mazeping and Latifi from taking the seats.

Quote Originally Posted by speedmaster View Post
    Why don't they put a rule to have at least one any junior category title for F1 step up, this will push out the rich non-talented drivers like Mazeping and Latifi from taking the seats.
    You also forgot Stroll.

Anyhoo, the rich non-talented drivers that you mention have been a staple in F1 history since the sport started. I'm not a fan of it but it is what it is. Money talks before talent.

Quote Originally Posted by speedmaster View Post

But might also cause at least 3 teams to leave F1 if they didn't have pay-drivers money. Even driver's like Perez bring sponsorship money that teams want. Unfortunately part of the game.

But might also cause at least 3 teams to leave F1 if they didn't have pay-drivers money. Even driver's like Perez bring sponsorship money that teams want. Unfortunately part of the game.
    I am fed up with this whole thing about poor teams. Put up or leave.
    Look at minardi; they are still running, under a different name; look at sauber. They don't do bad either.
    But some other teams gave up. And oh look; some of those that gave up were behemoths , like oh I don't know, BMW, Toyota, Honda ( twice!! )

The mess F1 is in has to do exactly with the mentality of "what if they leave", "they" being whoever.
    F1 will survive, whoever that "they" may be. Well, maybe with the exception of Ferrari ;)
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Williams still in F-1 is a miracle. It was great to see the team is still a part of F-1 even though I miss Claire dearly.

Alfa claims to prefer keeping Kimi and GIO for 2021, but it's also been suggested GIO could go to Haas to accommodate Mick at Alfa(assuming Kimi carries on), and be joined at Haas by Schwartzman or Ilott, but it's ultimately Ferrari's decision. I feel sorry for Grosjean and Magnussen being released by Haas and I feel Giovinazzi belongs in an Alfa, not a Haas!

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    I am fed up with this whole thing about poor teams. Put up or leave.
    Look at minardi; they are still running, under a different name; look at sauber. They don't do bad either.
    But some other teams gave up. And oh look; some of those that gave up were behemoths , like oh I don't know, BMW, Toyota, Honda ( twice!! )

The mess F1 is in has to do exactly with the mentality of "what if they leave", "they" being whoever.
    F1 will survive, whoever that "they" may be. Well, maybe with the exception of Ferrari ;)
    And if the teams do start leaving how exciting will the racing be? We saw how boring a 6 car race is back in 2005. The way F1 is now, if they cant make it affordable.for new or existing teams, it'll be just a bunch of billionaires kids running around the track. I'd like to see a couple more well funded teams join.

And if the teams do start leaving how exciting will the racing be? We saw how boring a 6 car race is back in 2005. The way F1 is now, if they cant make it affordable.for new or existing teams, it'll be just a bunch of billionaires kids running around the track. I'd like to see a couple more well funded teams join.
    This. Also, get rid of the rule that makes using V6H engines mandatory. That would instantly open the door for many manufacturers.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

That would force changes wouldn't it ?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Rumor has it there's a F-1 race this Sunday Oct. 25th. And today Oct. 23rd. there's a practice. Ferrari is there, where are the fans?

You are supposed to be one

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    of course Mercedes would agree, they currently have the strongest engine
    wonder why red fools with Marko would want to freeze the engines past 2022????? they clearly don't have the strongest engine currenlty, not by a long shot....and what do they think?? if they take over Honda engine they will develop it next year so that they will be equal to Merc in terms or engine power??? they are clearly dreaming....

and hopefully Ferrari will Veto this engine freeze nonsense from 2022 onwards.....unless they know they'll have a BEAST of an engine by then.....lets ALL hope....
    Good point. I hadn't thought of this. In that case, I say let's all agree to the engine freeze, then we (Ferrari) build a monster engine between now and then. Merc already have a monster engine. Renault will be there or thereabouts. Red Bull will be in the dust with only themselves to blame. Perfect.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    But the FDA is already full of talent. Shwartzman, Schumacher Jr. and Illott are all good drivers. Ferrari only has control over 3 seats so far (2 Ferraris, 1 Alfa Romeo) and rumoured to get control over 1 more seat (Haas), making it 4 seats. We simply have no room for talent. RedBull can get rid of both Albon and Kvyat to make room for Russell and a RB junior. It would be a massive shame if Russell doesn't have any seat.
    .. Then Haas should give Russell the other seat, the one we don't control. Simple. I don't see why Haas can't be a viable option for Russell. They're currently better than Williams anyway.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."