Page 18 of 64 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313243 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    I hadn’t thought of that. That would be great for us fans if the engine allotment is the same as a regalar calendar season.
    If there would be 8 races, the engine usage would be limited to 1. Up to 16 races it's 2 engines and after that it's 3 engines.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Pandemic means no podium ceremonies for Formula One

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id...es-formula-one

[QUOTE=stefa;1025806]Pandemic means no podium ceremonies for Formula One

No podiums will be a relief for any winner that Bottas has to move over for. If he truly is a " Butler" Or also a relief for any other team that does team orders.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Pandemic means no podium ceremonies for Formula One

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id...es-formula-one
    LOL

The very idea that everyone is acting like this is Ebola is hysterical.

Screw it, just bring on the great meteor of death.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    LOL

LOL

Let me guess, you believe that COVID-19 does not exist and it's a great conspiracy?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Regular day, regular way to work...

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id...anello-streets

That is brilliant! Thanks for posting fratello!
    2020 Sight on both titles for Le Rosse TM

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Bottas starting 2020 as a " Butler?? " Last season's 1st. 4 opening races Bottas & Lewis shared 2 wins apiece. That's 1/2 this seasons races. After Bacu, Bottas was ahead. The season finished with 5 poles each. That was not in any way true Ferrari style Rubenization. Michael was signed and sealed #1 driver. Come 2021 signing I can't believe Seb over Bottas @ Merc. Esp. when salaries are mentioned. I can 't wait to see Charles pass the two Mercs cars each race ; while they are fighting it out! Charles just needs to keep a safe distance from Max !!!

Correct stay away from max the axe.If max can't go around you he will go through you and usually you do come off second best.

[AMuS]

The race in Mugello has been fixed! The race is scheduled to be one week after Monza, on the 13th of September! That means Ferrari will celebrate their 1000th GP there.

F1 keeps Hockenheim as a replacement for Sochi, in case the already tense virus situation gets worse and there won't be any race there...

F1 is planning a race in Portimao and it is scheduled for the 4th of October. Imola, on the other hand, appears to be out of the running, which is apparently also due to the layout of the pit lane exit.

There is also currently an open discussion about an alternative date for the Canadian GP. It was originally scheduled for the second weekend in June and now the GP could find a place in October. According to current plans, Canada is to be combined with the US GP in Austin.

Unlikely are the races in Mexico and Brazil due to the virus situation there.

Since Singapore, Japan and Azerbaijan have officially cancelled their races, only one Asian race remains with China. In order to make the trip worth it, F1 is thinking of having two races in Shanghai.

The end of the season already seems to be taking shape. The current plan sees two races in Bahrain on different track variants. The final is taking place in Abu Dhabi like originally planned.

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...enheim-ersatz/
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Let me guess, you believe that COVID-19 does not exist and it's a great conspiracy?
    No, it exists. It's origins are questionable, it's timing is suspect but what we do know for sure, based on the statistics and studies is that the response is not commensurate to the threat. It's a very interesting virus which knows the difference between someone looting a store in a riot vs someone wanting to go to the gym or watch a sporting event. It's incredible that it will infect the latter but not the former.

The virus also has a unique effect of making people, even those who are not infected, believe that fear is a virtue.

But hey, you do you, dude.

Anyway, back onto the topic at hand. A race in Mugello could be fun but racing in Montreal in October sounds silly. You're talking about temps in the 50's or 40's [12C or 7C] Would the tires even work?

No, it exists. It's origins are questionable, it's timing is suspect but what we do know for sure, based on the statistics and studies is that the response is not commensurate to the threat. It's a very interesting virus which knows the difference between someone looting a store in a riot vs someone wanting to go to the gym or watch a sporting event. It's incredible that it will infect the latter but not the former.

The virus also has a unique effect of making people, even those who are not infected, believe that fear is a virtue.

Anyway, back onto the topic at hand. A race in Mugello could be fun but racing in Montreal in October sounds silly. You're talking about temps in the 50's or 40's [12C or 7C] Would the tires even work?
    Tires should fe fine.....can’t remember which year it was, weather it was 16 or 17, I was there and Friday and Saturday it was scorching hot and come race day it was drizzling raining in the morning and when race started it was only 10-12 deg celcius....I had a sweater and a spring Ferrari jacket on....so the tires seemed fine that day for racing

They used to race in October in Montreal back in the 70's at Mosport Park.... I can't remember if they ever raced at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in October though, but I think the first races there were in autumn as well.... and yes it is cold in October in Montreal, around 10 degrees celsius or colder sometimes....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

A wish come true for F-1 fans , 10 races ! Now at least whoever wins WDC, WCC will be less likely to be called not fair winners. Charles needs that 1st race! Forget Binottos wait till the 4th race to see Ferrari's chances.

Williams reveals new livery minus Rokit sponsorship

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id...it-sponsorship

Red Bull with the new floor (during their Silverstone shakedown)

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Williams reveals new livery minus Rokit sponsorship

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id...it-sponsorship
    Wtever livery they maintain, its the same position for them in standings for the next 4years at least.
    First they should stop crying on Ferrari, especially C Williams.

McLaren/Williams/RB: these teams .....

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Tires should fe fine.....can’t remember which year it was, weather it was 16 or 17, I was there and Friday and Saturday it was scorching hot and come race day it was drizzling raining in the morning and when race started it was only 10-12 deg celcius....I had a sweater and a spring Ferrari jacket on....so the tires seemed fine that day for racing
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    They used to race in October in Montreal back in the 70's at Mosport Park.... I can't remember if they ever raced at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in October though, but I think the first races there were in autumn as well.... and yes it is cold in October in Montreal, around 10 degrees celsius or colder sometimes....
    That answers that! Also, I suppose the rest in similar temps in Spain during the winter.

_113142724_mercedes_f1.jpg

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/53218197

Mercedes will run a new black livery in Formula 1 in 2020 as a signal of their commitment to greater diversity and inclusion in motorsport.

Silver had been the company's colour scheme in racing since the 1930s.

Mercedes said the Black Lives Matter movement had "shone a searching light on how much we need new measures and actions in the fight against racism".

Mercedes F1 team said in a statement that "just 3% of our workforce identify as belonging to minority ethnic groups and only 12% of our employees are women.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    _113142724_mercedes_f1.jpg

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/53218197

Mercedes will run a new black livery in Formula 1 in 2020 as a signal of their commitment to greater diversity and inclusion in motorsport.

Silver had been the company's colour scheme in racing since the 1930s.

Mercedes said the Black Lives Matter movement had "shone a searching light on how much we need new measures and actions in the fight against racism".

Mercedes F1 team said in a statement that "just 3% of our workforce identify as belonging to minority ethnic groups and only 12% of our employees are women.
    So does this mean Mercedes will hire a person from a minority ethnic group or a woman first whether they are qualified and/or the best for the job?
    Changes aren't permanent........But change is.
    ALL LIVES MATTER... EVEN YOURS

Ferrari hired a German, Seb. $50 million one year salary. Qualified without his R Bull car? German, Best for the job? Charles answered that.

Quote Originally Posted by JHAMMER View Post
    So does this mean Mercedes will hire a person from a minority ethnic group or a woman first whether they are qualified and/or the best for the job?
    It means they won't reject an applicant based solely on his/her race.

Quote Originally Posted by JHAMMER View Post
    They're just trying to capitalise on the current hype, but with the violence in the US caused by 'BLM', it will probably backfire on their brand, to be associated with this.

Quote Originally Posted by crbassassin View Post
    It means they won't reject an applicant based solely on his/her race.
    Nobody does that anymore for a Long time. And if they say, they will not do that only from now, they are actually admiting, they were racist. As is the whole BLM bullexcrement.
    Last edited by Kyss4k; 5th July 2020 at 08:52.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

I think what Mercedes are saying is, from now on, we will only recruit black women

there is also a rumour, that Mercedes will stop selling white road cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Nobody does that anymore for a Long time. And if they say, they will not do that only from now, they are actually admitting, they were racist. As is the whole BLM bullexcrement.
    Exactly.