Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415162752 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Very true, Bottas got to challenge Lewis in a few races. He on his own had a few good finishes 2019. You been silent for a while Bob, glad to see you back! Happy New Year to you.
    Thanks. Happy New Year to yourself as well.
    Couldn't resist the Rubens jab. It was getting a little dull in here.
    Bottas had his Austria moment when he was told to slow down so Lewis could come out ahead of him after his pitstop. Can't see much changing for him this year.

Bottas says he's more than ready to go for the wins this season . He's told he will be treated equal to his team mate. Lewis going for the 7th WDC and having to beat his team mate will for sure make the season exciting for all F-1 fans. Those for and against Merc and Lewis. I only hope Charles has Ferrari on his side 100% as far as letting him drive his best, equipment and moral wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Bottas says he's more than ready to go for the wins this season . He's told he will be treated equal to his team mate. Lewis going for the 7th WDC and having to beat his team mate will for sure make the season exciting for all F-1 fans. Those for and against Merc and Lewis. I only hope Charles has Ferrari on his side 100% as far as letting him drive his best, equipment and moral wise.

Please tell me you're not gonna believe what you just wrote, right ( referring to Bottas ) ?
    Drive it like you stole it!

Bottas has always being allowed to compete, the simple matter he has being found lacking.
    He is not a Lewis, Vettel, Charles or Max

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    Please tell me you're not gonna believe what you just wrote, right ( referring to Bottas ) ?
    Exactly, I mean they made such a big hope last year that the new and improved Bottas 2.0 is all ready to take the challenge to Lewis, and in the end we all know how it played out....bottas being nothing else but a wingman, rear gunner. and a butler to Hamster

Same thing will happen in 2020....he’s nothing but a # 2 driver....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Exactly, I mean they made such a big hope last year that the new and improved Bottas 2.0 is all ready to take the challenge to Lewis, and in the end we all know how it played out....bottas being nothing else but a wingman, rear gunner. and a butler to Hamster

Same thing will happen in 2020....he’s nothing but a # 2 driver....
    Drive it like you stole it!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    If the rumours of problems with our car's design for 2020 are correct, then Seb may not have the chance to prove himself in the first part of the season.
    They will both run the same car, won't they ? ;)
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Bottas has always being allowed to compete, the simple matter he has being found lacking.
    He is not a Lewis, Vettel, Charles or Max
    Well ok, not exactly. He was allowed to "race" as long as "circumstances" did not command for the "team game" (ie. Let L44 pass!!!!!)
    We need to be honest, Valteri is nothing but a glorified #2, which is all fine, but it's an insult to common sense to say that he was allowed to race, meaning there's some sort of equal status in Merc lol
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    They will both run the same car, won't they ? ;)
    If the car has issues once again, neither driver may have the chance to prove themselves, as we found at the start of the season last year. Charles may be able to drive around such problems, Seb's ability to do that seems lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    Well it took the likes of a GOAT , Lewis to beat Bottas this past season. every other driver smelled his exhaust. 2nd place and most important he surely helped Merc earn those 739 WCC points. But I agree Merc will not let Bottas get in the way of Lewis' 7th WDC . That will be up to Charles & Max ! There's allot to look forward to this year.

Hamilton is more talented than Schu and Senna’ - Barrichello

Lewis Hamilton is more talented than Michael Schumacher and Ayrton Senna, so says former F1 driver Rubens Barrichello.

Last season Hamilton reached title number six, romping to the Drivers’ crown ahead of his Mercedes team-mate Valtteri Bottas.

The Brit claimed 11 of the year’s 21 grand prix wins despite, some would say, Mercedes not having the best package on the grid.

Entering Formula 1 in 2007, Hamilton has claimed at least one race win in all 13 seasons.

“Hamilton’s talent is probably even more than that of Ayrton or Schumacher,” Barrichello told Brazil’s ESPN.

“He simply lacked maturity early on his career but he has developed and now you can see the end product.”
    ADVERTISING

The 42-year-old cited Hamilton’s Brazilian Grand Prix, which bubbled into a chaotic final 10 laps, as an example of this.

“Listening to the team radio at the Brazil Grand Prix, he is incredibly calm, passing on information, saying what he needs and doesn’t need,” he added.

That, though, doesn’t make Hamilton is the perfect driver, just the most talented.

Barrichello believes a perfect driver would need to take a bit from all three.

“The perfect driver would have Ayrton’s skill, Schumacher’s courage and Hamilton’s coordination,” he said.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Well ok, not exactly. He was allowed to "race" as long as "circumstances" did not command for the "team game" (ie. Let L44 pass!!!!!)
    We need to be honest, Valteri is nothing but a glorified #2, which is all fine, but it's an insult to common sense to say that he was allowed to race, meaning there's some sort of equal status in Merc lol
    Strange, they didn’t swap places in Australia last year. And near the end of the year they made Lewis pit when he could have stopped out and won. I also recall that he fought and passed Lewis in Texas. If he wasn’t allowed to race as you say, why did these happen.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Strange, they didn’t swap places in Australia last year. And near the end of the year they made Lewis pit when he could have stopped out and won. I also recall that he fought and passed Lewis in Texas. If he wasn’t allowed to race as you say, why did these happen.
    Very well said. Lewis actually had to race Bottas on many occasions last season. A true #2 driver can be seen @ Australia 2002. No questions asked , just "Let Michael pass ! " How much closer to 91 wins if Bottas let Lewis win every time.

Hey Brembo.

I saw a bunch of Hamilton fans yesterday that were convinced Rubens were actually a superior driver than Schumacher and would have won the 2000-2004 WDCs convincingly only if he had been allowed to by Ferrari. Do you also feel that way?
    Last edited by Lesky; 26th January 2020 at 07:44.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    Hey Brembo.

I saw a bunch of Hamilton fans yesterday that were convinced Rubens were actually a superior driver than Schumacher and would have won the 2000-2004 WDC if he had been allowed to by Ferrari. Do you also feel that way? Or do you think thats taking it too far?
    Well for sure Ruben's record would show a few more poles and wins,. Rubens had 104 races together with Michael. Rubens had to constantly contend with Todt on his radio; and Ross making sure he knew he was on notice to move over. Michael had none of that to deal with , just race with his car done up for him, and the results were great. All in all; as strong as most every Ferrari fan was for Michael, I was for Rubens. They both drove for my favorite team. Rubens was hated here more than Lewis is now! And he was a Ferrari diver, not an enemy! 2000-2004 @ Ferrari was totally a Michael team, he even had a T car set up for him. Rubens also lacked that "Killer" instinct when and if he had to bend a rule or two. If you remember Michael nearly took Rubens out for good ; sending him into a wall not even over a win. Meanwhile Charles is also up against a 4X WDC driver and has far less experience, but refuses to be forced into being #2 driver and look at the results !! He made himself a #1 driver. There was no Todt or Ross holding a gun to his head. Oh well it's winter break so ....!
    Last edited by Brembo; 26th January 2020 at 09:33.

Seb has 4 WDCs and he has a salary that is equal to if he took another WDC this past season. He has another year to be with Ferrari ! I have to think he has already proved himself as a driver to be remembered. If Max can do what he's doing in a Honda , I believe Charles will take this years Ferrari to the best finishes possible with what he has to drive. I hope that his car is at least as good as last season + a few improvements. It can't be Ferrari will send him out in a car less than what he did so great in last season. We fans have to believe it's not just the legend of Ferrari we love, but the new F-1 we now have.

Hamilton asks Mercedes to continue until 2024 and 55 million annually, according to Italian press.......

Lewis Hamilton wants to continue with Mercedes. The Briton is willing to continue in Formula 1 until the end of the 2024 season and asks for a salary of 55 million euros per year plus bonus.

According to the Italian newspaper Corriere dello Sport, the requirements of the hexacampeón to maintain its alliance with Mercedes is an extension of the contract until the end of 2024 and a salary increase up to 55 million euros gross per year. If confirmed, Hamilton would continue in Formula 1 until the age of 39.

This figure would be worth 44 to enter the list of the 10 highest paid athletes in the world. Desbancaría del décimo puesto al jugador de la NFL —Liga Nacional de Fútbol Americano— Matthew Stafford. He would knock out the NFL player - National Football League - Matthew Stafford.

It should be noted that the renowned Italian journalist Luigi Perna, of the Gazzetta dello Sport newspaper, recently published that Hamilton would renew only until 2022 and with a salary increase up to 45 million euros a year. That is to say, an increase of only three million with respect to the 42 that it currently perceives.

Hamilton's contract with the German brand expires at the end of 2020. There has been much speculation about his future, even with a possible signing by Ferrari . However, the British has shown at all times his manifest desire to continue with the silver stars and in the competition.

Toto Wolff also wants to keep the hexacampeon. He thinks that Hamilton has no reason to end his relationship with Mercedes after so many years of success. Even so, his departure would not stop the Brackley project as he has also warned.

These new demands of Hamilton could be a problem for Daimler. The German company led by Ola Källenius wants to reduce the money invested in Formula 1 following the budget ceiling of about 154 million euros that will enter into force in 2021.

https://translate.google.com/transla...55&prev=search
    It's not how start but how you finish.

The budget ceiling does not include drivers salary and the top 3 executives. Imagine how Ferrari feels paying one driver 50 million and their new guy out does him for peanuts compared to that amt. I can't see Merc letting Lewis go. WDC includes WCC with him racking up points. And any future top records he might break has to be with Merc or they will never live it down.

So do we have a new #1 driver now or are the Stats too close?

What about the 5 yr contract?

2019 Stats.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by ALO View Post

2019 Stats.JPG
    Wow!

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by ALO View Post

2019 Stats.JPG
    Seb's R Bull stats or his Ferrari stats ? I think Ferrari has a new #1 in Charles if it's not up to politics within.

Mecedes to pull out of F1?.....we'll know in 2 weeks time

Mercedes set for crunch meeting to decide whether it will quit F1

https://www.racefans.net/2020/01/29/...-quit-f1-2020/

Manufacturer pullout – McLaren poised to become Mercedes works team

https://thejudge13.com/2020/01/29/ma...des-works-team

Mercedes to discuss Formula 1 withdrawal, potentially triggering sensational Aston Martin buyout

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/m...sational-aston

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

Mercedes to discuss Formula 1 withdrawal, potentially triggering sensational Aston Martin buyout

I personally think Merc will be pulling out of F1 and McLaren will become a works team again with Mercedes engine, gearbox....etc

All this has been prolly triggered by Lewis,s greed of 66M a year....what a tool.....with his wealth that he has by now I’d be driving that rocketsip he has under him for FREE....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I personally think Merc will be pulling out of F1 and McLaren will become a works team again with Mercedes engine, gearbox....etc

All this has been prolly triggered by Lewis,s greed of 66M a year....what a tool.....with his wealth that he has by now I’d be driving that rocketsip he has under him for FREE....
    In one of the articles posted, Mercedes, as a whole, has lost over a BILLION euros in sales.....which is a contributing factor.....among others....plus Mercedes has to lay off 10,000 workers.

Mercedes spends half a Billion in F1....and in previous years....close to half a billion.

If Merc pull out of F1, I hope Hamilton will retire rather than interfere with Charles at Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    If Merc pull out of F1, I hope Hamilton will retire rather than interfere with Charles at Ferrari.
    exactly my thoughts on this....unless he will come to Ferrari so Charles can learn a thing or two from him for one year....

Well he’s posted today him and toto have not even discussed contracts and everything is just newspaper talk

In one of the articles posted, Mercedes, as a whole, has lost over a BILLION euros in sales.....which is a contributing factor.....among others....plus Mercedes has to lay off 10,000 workers.

Mercedes spends half a Billion in F1....and in previous years....close to half a billion.
    And other articles state that Merc spend little on the F1 team, it covers itself with winnings and sponsors and the marketing benefit more then covers any outlay

If only Lewis would win a few races and poles, only then would he deserve a huge salary . Just look at Seb ! 4 WDCs with R Bull and he still makes $50 million with Ferrari even with his young team mate wrecking him.. F-1 drivers commonly "Retire" before they reach 40 . That leaves a whole lifetime ahead of them on the unemployment line ! Make while you can ! Again, just on stats Lewis deserves whatever he can earn. I only wish the same for Charles down the line.

Daimler CEO dismisses Mercedes F1 exit speculation

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-m...-idUSKBN1ZS30V