Page 57 of 64 FirstFirst ... 73243444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,710 of 1908

Thread: 2020 F1 news/rumours

Remember even after a few months some people still feel tired and some other negative effects from corona.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Remember even after a few months some people still feel tired and some other negative effects from corona.
    One in a million that would affect someone who's in the shape Hammy is. He'll be alright. Even someone in "riding 75 km on a standard bike in three hours shape" like me has great odds for being back to full fitness in a very short while with corona.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Look at Perez!

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Another rich boy. At least Stroll has some talent, but people like Latifi and Mazepin should never be in F1.

Hold up buddy. Latifi and Mazepin did F2 while improving their race-craft. Stroll jumped F2.

Latifi is in his rookie year in F1 and driving a Williams.....so I'll just leave it at that. I do see Russell above Latifi in race-craft though.

I do like what Strolls money has done for the team but as far as Strolls father kicking out Ocon and NOW Perez whom are better than Stroll and bring in valuable points for the team in the WCC title(millions of dollars), I don't agree with.

Yes, another Billionare's son will be added to the grid but let's see how Mazepin does in the HAAS in his rookie year.

BTW, Latifi's father gave $200 million to Mclaren in 2020.

Mazepin's father is sueing Stroll's father for the Force India administration buy in bid EVEN THOUGH Mazepin offered more money than Lawrence Stroll.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Wander who will replace LH?
    Whoever it is, I hope they win the race - and show that its the car. However, this is Max's best chance for a win, at least we may have a mix up in the podium.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Stoffel!!1!1!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Whoever it is, I hope they win the race - and show that its the car. However, this is Max's best chance for a win, at least we may have a mix up in the podium.
    That would be hilarious, especially if he beats Bottas as well

I would love to see Hulkenburg but I don't think it will happen. Merc has both championships sewn up so I don't think they'll do anything to upset Hamilton or Bottas. I think they'll go with someone who will do just enough but not too much. Unless Merc want to try use this for contract negotiations.... then they might get the Hulk and if he does win or get pole, Hamilton might just lose some leverage.
    Russel also would be good to see in that car, he's a talent for sure and I'd lay money down on him being well within the top 5. It's going to be interesting to see no matter who drives.. as long as Merc don't detune it so Bottas walks to a win. Too bad it's not on normal track.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Good if true, he’s young, hungry and has never been out-qualified. He can put that car on pole and show the goat-lovers that it’s the car, and not their prince. Unless (tin foil hat) Merc detune his car lol.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

yes, the car is the beast, but Bottas shows that Hamilton is in the class of his own, so whoever replaces him, i expect him to be somewhere close Bottas
    not gonna change my profile picture

As much as I dislike seeing Lewis winning all the time, I hope he recovers soon and is fit to go racing ASAP.
    I hope the same too for Gorsjean.

Whether is the pandemic of racing accidents, these people put themself in danger to go racing every weekend. Dont want to see any harm come to them

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Hold up buddy. Latifi and Mazepin did F2 while improving their race-craft. Stroll jumped F2.

Latifi is in his rookie year in F1 and driving a Williams.....so I'll just leave it at that. I do see Russell above Latifi in race-craft though.

I do like what Strolls money has done for the team but as far as Strolls father kicking out Ocon and NOW Perez whom are better than Stroll and bring in valuable points for the team in the WCC title(millions of dollars), I don't agree with.

Yes, another Billionare's son will be added to the grid but let's see how Mazepin does in the HAAS in his rookie year.

BTW, Latifi's father gave $200 million to Mclaren in 2020.

Mazepin's father is sueing Stroll's father for the Force India administration buy in bid EVEN THOUGH Mazepin offered more money than Lawrence Stroll.
    Neither Latifi nor Mazepin are good enough to be in F1, period. If it takes them multiple seasons in F2 to improve their junior category race-craft, then I can imagine how long will it take them to improve their race-craft in F1, if ever. At least Stroll showed flashes of brilliance, with his podium in Baku and Pole in Turkey.

But I do agree with you overall. IF it were up to me, neither Stroll, Latifi and Mazepin will even in F1. Bunch of rich kids occupying seats while a talent like Perez is on the verge of losing his place in F1.

I am quite happy to see that Russell would be the one to replace Hamilton for the next 2 races. I hope he beats Bottas and in 2022, it would be Hamilton and Russell at Mercedes, so even if they'd be dominant, there is a much better chance of something like Rosberg-Hamilton happening.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

With that being said, one point that upsets me is that Russell could potentially outscore Vettel in these 2 races. It's sad to see a champion, let alone a 4 time one at such a state.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

So it's Russell to replace Lewis and Atkins to replace Russell at Williams.

Mick Schumacher to race in F1 for Haas in 2021

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/30430774/mick-schumacher-race-f1-haas-2021

The second Bahrain race will be a challenge for all the drivers as it's not a 'normal' F1 configuration, so Russell and Aitken possibly won't be at a huge disadvantage, and they both have Merc power. I hope this won't impact on our chances, slim though they are.

I made prediction, that Haas drivers in 2021 will be Schumacher and Mazepin on 22th of October. Nobody agreed with me then and a lot of arguments against.

I am glad I was right as Mick is confirmed today, so again I think, that Haas drivers in 2021 will be Mick Schumacher and Nikita Mazepin.

Hopefully Mick will wipe the floor with that Russian pay driver kid. Anything beneath that and he's not Ferrari material. I guess comparing him versus Kimi is the true yardstick which makes it even stranger we accepted Alfa to keep Giovinazzi. Anyway, I wish him all the best!

As for Russell, don't let me down this weekend. Make sure you'll beat the Bottler handily Since it's a new track and not very technical, just basically four braking zones, he should be able to do well even in a brand new car.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Mick Schumacher to race in F1 for Haas in 2021

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/30430774/mick-schumacher-race-f1-haas-2021
    HAAS F1 going with 2 rookie drivers. Hope the best for both of them....especially Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    HAAS F1 going with 2 rookie drivers. Hope the best for both of them....especially Mick.
    Two rookies sounds great! Hopefully they will be treated equal. Charles sure showed rookies can be F-1 ready to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Neither Latifi nor Mazepin are good enough to be in F1, period. If it takes them multiple seasons in F2 to improve their junior category race-craft, then I can imagine how long will it take them to improve their race-craft in F1, if ever. At least Stroll showed flashes of brilliance, with his podium in Baku and Pole in Turkey.

But I do agree with you overall. IF it were up to me, neither Stroll, Latifi and Mazepin will even in F1. Bunch of rich kids occupying seats while a talent like Perez is on the verge of losing his place in F1.
    I'm gonna wait on Latifi and Mazepin before passing judgement. Russell will more than likely show this weekend that IT'S THE CAR.

Strolls podiums at Baku 2017 and Monza 2020 are by attrition, not by merit....which also includes Gasly and Sainz (Monza 2020). In reality, crap has to happen up front in order for these guys to see a podium...it does'nt happen much.....but it happens.

I'll give credit to Stroll's pole in Turkey. He does quite well in the wet when qualifying--->Monza 2017(P2) and Turkey 2020(P1).

I hope Mick's season with Haas will remind us of a young Alonso in Minardi

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I hope Mick's season with Haas will remind us of a young Alonso in Minardi
    As much as I would like to see him do well, he only starts showing his true potential in his second season in F1, when he gets used to the car. But that won't be the case in 2022 because the cars would be different and he would likely go through the process once again. We will have to wait until 2023 to see if he belongs at Ferrari. But I hope he absolutely destroys that Mazepin.

The thing that really bugs me about Mazepin is that no matter if Mick beats him handily, we won't know for sure how good he is.

I think it's going to be relatively tight between the two in the first year, however. Mick is a slow starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    The thing that really bugs me about Mazepin is that no matter if Mick beats him handily, we won't know for sure how good he is.

I think it's going to be relatively tight between the two in the first year, however. Mick is a slow starter.
    That's the reason why I think Ferrari should've put him up in the Alfa alongside Kimi and under the wing of Vasseur, who has overseen the careers of champions (Hamilton, Vettel) and prodigies (Leclerc).

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Toto will not allow that, mark my words, George will be told to stay behind Bottas at all times, so not to embarrass him.

Mick Schumacher seat fitting