Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415

Thread: 2020 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    https://twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak/sta...39046403620864

Not looking good for Mclaren (& Renault). Also I don't really get how they can fire 25% of their workforce while justifying Ricciardo's 30M paycheck.

That's about 1200 people....yikes. Mclaren also had to sell some of its heritage cars as well.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

It will never happen but..... Drivers should go to a pay window on the pit wall after each race . They should then get paid for each race according to where they finish. And the pole setter should get paid for pole pos. DNFs get an agreed pay. Year end 1st, 2nd, 3rd pace finishers get bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    It will never happen but..... Drivers should go to a pay window on the pit wall after each race . They should then get paid for each race according to where they finish. And the pole setter should get paid for pole pos. DNFs get an agreed pay. Year end 1st, 2nd, 3rd pace finishers get bonus.
    I agree, some of these salaries are ridiculous
    They should have a standard set salary, say 5-10 mil Max, and then every time they win a race, pole position, fastest lap...etc they get a satisfactory pay, say 100k per win....now that’s an incentive to go for pole, win and fastest lap

That way the team has more money to pay employees as well develop the car better.....but what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    I agree, some of these salaries are ridiculous
    They should have a standard set salary, say 5-10 mil Max, and then every time they win a race, pole position, fastest lap...etc they get a satisfactory pay, say 100k per win....now that’s an incentive to go for pole, win and fastest lap

That way the team has more money to pay employees as well develop the car better.....but what do I know?
    You know allot! I wouldn't mind working for you!!!! That last sentence is right on "The Money! "

Drivers should take voluntary paycuts, I mean even if they can take 20-25% cut, it might help so many to hold their jobs and even team can invest in producing faster car. I mean what good is a 20-30m salary if your team is collapsing, employees getting fired, car getting slower? If this sport has given you so much, time to give it back something

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Drivers should take voluntary paycuts, I mean even if they can take 20-25% cut, it might help so many to hold their jobs and even team can invest in producing faster car. I mean what good is a 20-30m salary if your team is collapsing, employees getting fired, car getting slower? If this sport has given you so much, time to give it back something
    Wise words indeed, it's the same story in any professional sport, especially football, if this pandemic teaches us anything, the people on the lowest pay scales are those who have kept daily life functioning these past few months.

F2's Mazepin's father looks to bail out the Renault F1 team amidst "crisis" mode.

He does'nt have his Superlicense yet, but that will make 3 billionaire sons in F1....Stroll, Latifi, and quite possibly Mazepin.
    It's not how start but how you finish.