Page 45 of 64 FirstFirst ... 203132333435363738394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1908

Thread: 2020 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    We could buy a Mercedes engine I suppose.....
    It's already Formula Mercedes without going that far, but maybe Binotto could find a way of de-tuning it in the interests of the sport!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    It's already Formula Mercedes without going that far, but maybe Binotto could find a way of de-tuning it in the interests of the sport!
    Wisepie; Unfortunately it's already gone that far F- Mercedes is here. This forum is now " Forza Merc Forum ! " Scuderia Mercedes! Forum! No matter what the thread; the post go right to Merc. and how they are the best, unbeatable for years to come. My mentioning a drivers success coming up namely Max was big time trolling , get lost , find a Max forum. Drivers come and go from team to team in F-1.Watching a race and mentioning a drivers doing good means your a F-1 fan . After the race you watch another one and see who comes in the top 5 and the podium. That's a F-1 fan, not trolling. Praising Merc on this forum as the ultimate best team ,unbeatable, causing Lewis to break all F-1 records with still years more to go is trolling in it's highest form. Your putting your supposed favorite team, Ferrari down not only this season but for years to come! Seb is a good example. He won 4 WDCs against our favorite team . He's gone , with millions $$ to spare. Good by and good luck. But as Ferrari fans we are going no where, win or lose the team is where we have our hopes for WCCs . We Ferrari fans already know how Merc is doing and how Lewis is lucky to have that car, there's no need for all the trolling every post as a reminder.

I am more than willing to give a driver credit for his ability as a driver but not when the car is the defining factor to such a huge extent, as in HAM's case. As for supporting another team or its drivers, I find that hard, unless it has a Ferrari connection. Maybe I'm a sad old tifoso, but nothing else brings out that passione in me!

Perez and Shwartzman are rumoured to go to Haas; Magnussen and Grosjean out.

https://twitter.com/Yhacbec/status/1308816671642181634

"From Italy comes the version that @ HaasF1Team
    will not continue with any of its current pilots in 2021, there is talk that @SChecoPerez
    would be close to the agreement with the American team and his partner would be @ShwartzmanRob
    , we'll see what happens in the next few weeks ..."
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post

will not continue with any of its current pilots in 2021, there is talk that @SChecoPerez
    would be close to the agreement with the American team and his partner would be @ShwartzmanRob
    Good that Perez is getting a F1 seat.
    Shwartzman looking forward, he has great potential.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Good that Perez is getting a F1 seat.
    Shwartzman looking forward, he has great potential.
    If the rumour is indeed true, then next year we will have the most talented grid since 2012. If only we get rid of Latifi and have an incredibly bunched up grid in 2022, F1 will thrive.

Sent from my SM-M215F using Tapatalk
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Whoever wins this years F2 deserves to get a F1 seat next year. If Schumacher wins and Shwartzman doesn't, then Schumacher should be in F1. But if Shwartzman wins and Schumacher doesn't, then Shwartzman should get a seat in either Haas or Alfa. Simple.

Honestly I don't know why they kept Magnussen and Grosjean this long at all!!! Maybe they we bringing money from sponsors, but they driver skill ware not that good

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Whoever wins this years F2 deserves to get a F1 seat next year. If Schumacher wins and Shwartzman doesn't, then Schumacher should be in F1. But if Shwartzman wins and Schumacher doesn't, then Shwartzman should get a seat in either Haas or Alfa. Simple.
    The thing is, Schumacher is almost guaranteed to get the Alfa seat this year. It has been implied a few times by Binotto and Schumacher himself. Haas on the other hand is desperate for money, Shwartzman has the SMP backing and it would make sense for them to have a driver with as much potential (and money) as Shwartzman.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Honestly I don't know why they kept Magnussen and Grosjean this long at all!!! Maybe they we bringing money from sponsors, but they driver skill ware not that good
    Grosjean can give good feedback even if he has subpar performances with that being said his only purpose in F1 after leaving Lotus should have been that of a development driver. Magnussen on the other hand is a good driver, not great nor terrible.

It shows how difficult it is for teams like Haas, even with their Ferrari connections and up until the end of 2019 a powerful Ferrari engine, to become successful in F1. Grosjean was always crash-prone and Magnussen can be a bit wild, but neither have been particularly impressive in races. Given the 2020 performance of the Ferrari engine, along with Alfa, it makes it even harder for a driver to make a positive impression. A classic example of that is Giovinazzi, who is likely to be sidelined through no fault of his own. By all means bring in talent from F2 but they still need a competitive car, the exception being Charles!

Anyone but those two clowns currently driving for Haas

OMG the clown has escaped the asylum again

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...lties/4883090/

Yeah, the same stewards who blatantly have rigged the sport in his favour for several years. Them. Just retire already you spoilt brat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    OMG the clown has escaped the asylum again

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...lties/4883090/

Yeah, the same stewards who blatantly have rigged the sport in his favour for several years. Them. Just retire already you spoilt brat.
    "The stewards are trying to stop me."

Now the maFIA have removed his penalty points. What the hell?

Fernando Alonso is not back yet and already he's talking too much.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Now the maFIA have removed his penalty points. What the hell?
    Well at least they gave it a try. Worst case scenario would have left Lewis with 6 more races this season and then 3 yrs and $120 million . Forget about the records Charles will need to break! Ferrari has to hurry up with a car ,

I do not mind how binotto keeps saying that all the new components put on the sf1000 do nothing and that any improvement in performance and results is more to do with being track specific.He is playing the smart silent game and I would say that any upgrades that perform are now quite guarded.Lets hope that there are no turn coats with in the ferrari f1 camp or in maranello in general.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    I do not mind how binotto keeps saying that all the new components put on the sf1000 do nothing and that any improvement in performance and results is more to do with being track specific.He is playing the smart silent game and I would say that any upgrades that perform are now quite guarded.Lets hope that there are no turn coats with in the ferrari f1 camp or in maranello in general.
    Ferrari is playing that smart silent game now for years... But remind me when it was last time that something really big and fascinating come up and we caught everyone surprised with some new genuine-revolutionary new things?!

Ferrari is playing that smart silent game now for years... But remind me when it was last time that something really big and fascinating come up and we caught everyone surprised with some new genuine-revolutionary new things?!
    And when was the last time anyone done that not just Ferrari?

Suppose you could say our engine was pretty surprising for most when they could not understand why we had so much straight line speed....maybe you forget that
    Forza Ferrari

And when was the last time anyone done that not just Ferrari?

Suppose you could say our engine was pretty surprising for most when they could not understand why we had so much straight line speed....maybe you forget that
    Without spending much time on finding on net, I would say:

Brawn - double diffuser
    Red Bull - hot and cold blowing

Regarding Ferrari engine and how pretty surprising for most other teams it was, if it was legal or whatever it would be still in use. Right?

That has to be the double inlet sidepods from 2017 which eventually everyone on the grid copied. Rory Bryne designed it btw and he is also working on the 2022 car.

Without spending much time on finding on net, I would say:

Brawn - double diffuser
    Red Bull - hot and cold blowing

Regarding Ferrari engine and how pretty surprising for most other teams it was, if it was legal or whatever it would be still in use. Right?
    So a long time ago then....such is the rules being pretty tight these days....

You asked when we surprised others, our engine did that, your examples of others innovating were also closed down so why just dismiss our engine cause we can't use it no more?
    Forza Ferrari

Kimi #Raikkonen ha sciolto la riserva e continuerà nel 2021 con AlfaRomeo

Kimi to continue with AlfaR next season 2021 too..!

That has to be the double inlet sidepods from 2017 which eventually everyone on the grid copied. Rory Bryne designed it btw and he is also working on the 2022 car.
    Has Byrne started on the 2022 car? I know technically teams can only start on those in 2021 but surely some things can be done so long?
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

So a long time ago then....such is the rules being pretty tight these days....

You asked when we surprised others, our engine did that, your examples of others innovating were also closed down so why just dismiss our engine cause we can't use it no more?
    Any way, I am just saying that every season Ferrari is the one to close to gap to a leading team. Even when they are somehow neck to neck with that other one, almost if it is a pattern, after summer break they lose in RnD!

Any way, I am just saying that every season Ferrari is the one to close to gap to a leading team. Even when they are somehow neck to neck with that other one, almost if it is a pattern, after summer break they lose in RnD!
    Sadly, this is most often the case.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Has Byrne started on the 2022 car? I know technically teams can only start on those in 2021 but surely some things can be done so long?
    Technical things can’t be done until 2021 Jan 1st. Only sketches or drawings etc which doesn’t include any building phase rather than prep phase can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Technical things can’t be done until 2021 Jan 1st. Only sketches or drawings etc which doesn’t include any building phase rather than prep phase can be done.
    Yeah but Rory can do whatever he wants at home on his personal computer or drawings/ sketches....etc
    Who’s there to police him?? But as far as building a 60% wind tunnel model, that can only be done starting Jan 1/ 2021 me thinks

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Yeah but Rory can do whatever he wants at home on his personal computer or drawings/ sketches....etc
    Who’s there to police him?? But as far as building a 60% wind tunnel model, that can only be done starting Jan 1/ 2021 me thinks
    Apparently the guy who tipped off the FIA about our 2019 engine is all up inside Byrne's computer, watching him like a hawk.
    Forza Ferrari